Geisinger Health System Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and good environment
Hadoop Developer (Current Employee) –  Danville, PAApril 26, 2016
Growth level is very good and i learnt many things on Hadoop stack.
It was a nice experience working in the company. No work pressure but met SLA's.We had much fun at team parties overall it was fantastic
Good
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Danville, PAApril 10, 2016
I like it but not where I want to be the rest of my life. I think most people are helpful. Overall it is a nice place to work. Can I be done now!
normanl day
phlbebomist (Current Employee) –  State College, PAFebruary 12, 2016
I start work at 815 am and I do a 9hr shift with lunch at 2:pm ending at 2:45.when I arrive at work I log in to the computer ,and my day starts by call me PT in to draw there lab work.at the end I my shift I do the last round to the Dr. office and pick up any specimen that need to process ready to go to Danville, than I get all specimen ready for ship out.
Vey good
patient access representative (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJanuary 23, 2016
Theres never a typical day working at geisnger when working in the ER. Everyday is a new day, faced with new challenges and thats what I love most about the job.
complete scum company
audit (Current Employee) –  danville, paJanuary 5, 2016
Do not work for this hospital. They are far behind in technology. Management is the lowest of lowlifes.The turnover rate is extremely high. No one wants to work in this area and this hospital acts like they are something special. It's very obvious that most people have not worked at another hospital system or area.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Danville, PANovember 30, 2015
My job was working as a Customer Service Representative. My duty was to work in the Inbound Call Center & complete general paperwork/administrative tasks.
Pros
CoWorkers
Cons
Healthcare Industry
I loved my work while I was here.
Signage System Specialist (Former Employee) –  Danville, PANovember 18, 2015
Geisinger itself is a great place to work and an anchor to the local economy. It is a growing system that will have it's growing pains.
Pros
Well compensated for the local economy
Cons
Departments do not communicate enough.
I greatly enjoy working for Geisinger
Ambulatory Care Clinical Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Pottsville, PAOctober 12, 2015
Geisinger has many different locations and facility, with very different professional atmospheres. I was always treated with respect and given adequate support from management. My supervisor allowed me to work independently. However, there is not much opportunity for upwards mobility.
Pros
supervisor allows you to work independently, while supporting you
Cons
lack of upwards mobility
Great place to work with supportive management
Safety and Industrial Hygiene Technician (Former Employee) –  Danville, PAOctober 8, 2015
Geisinger is a great place to work, provides great opportunities for advancement and has caring and supportive coworkers and management.
excellent trauma care
Cardiac Electrophysiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Danville, PASeptember 4, 2015
Fun place to work with supportive management depending on what department. Encouraged to personally grow and develop, great incentives too.
Pros
One of the top five hospitals in the northeastern part of the country
Cons
Long hours at times
Research Personnel
Research Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Danville, PASeptember 1, 2015
As research personnel for 3+ years, I found that Geisinger was a pretty awesome place to begin my career. I was able to advance through 4 different positions during my time there. It has a growing population of young adults and recent graduates which add vitality to the job culture.

There was plenty of room for career advancement. Geisinger offers partial tuition reimbursement for those pursuing higher education.

Most medical departments have their own research team, so management styles differ throughout, though I mostly had competent and encouraging managers.

As a research employee, I was "non-essential" and had a great work/life balance with flexible time off.

Research works with various other departments and the policies and procedures among departments are not always cohesive, leading to quite a bit of miscommunication.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement, mileage reimbursement, flexible time off, generous PTO
A good place to work
Pharmacy Liaison, Business Development (Former Employee) –  DanvilleJuly 23, 2015
Geisinger is a good place to work. Time off is generous but pay is on the lower end of the scale.
Many layers of management makes for poor communication.
Pros
plenty of time off
Cons
low salary
Great team atmosphere, fantastic research possibilities, and cutting edge healthcare projects
Senior Modeler - Operations Research (Current Employee) –  Danville, PAJuly 19, 2015
I manage multiple projects, and get the opportunity to present my work at various forums including at conferences, to other health systems, and our own organization leaders including executives.

I have learned:
* What it takes to change the culture for people to accept new ideas
* To lead projects, manage stakeholders by setting clear expectations and communicating with candor
* To manage employees and focus on their career development while successfully completing project milestones
* What it takes to publish in peer reviewed journals and produce high quality research

We have a new CEO who is reemphasizing a focus on the patient experience. I believe in his vision and am excited to learn how we may be able to change the culture of the entire organization to achieve more for our patients.

I work with a great group of people who appreciate values like candor, integrity, transparency, and excellence.

The best part of my job is being able to work on challenging advanced analytics projects and that we have the opportunity to affect the patient experience of the care delivered at our hospitals and clinics.
Pros
Making a difference in peoples health and lives
Cons
Very good work enviroment and co workers. Good working hours and enjoy working with cleints.
Interim Staffing (Former Employee) –  RevenueJuly 17, 2015
Very good work enviroment and co workers. Good working hours and enjoy working with everyone. Enjoyed working with co workers and was close to home.
Loved my work. Bad management
Clinic assistant (Former Employee) –  DanvilleJuly 16, 2015
I have worked within the GHS system for 10 years. Some experiences are good. However, the experiences I have had out way the good. When it comes to patient advocacy it's hard to maintain. I am one that stands up for my patients right quite loudly. Upper management doesn't like the fuss, especially when it interferes with the budget. I have personally seen a charge nurse give a patient morphine when it wasn't even in their MAR. Then called physician for a one time dose to cover her error. Then give the correct patient the correct medication. When brought to the attention of supervisor was covered up, then when above her her head to nursing supervisor she covered for the manager. Why is this happening and why can't we advocate for our patients when our pleas are being ignored. After this incident in soon transfered to another department which was not any better. We never were able to take breaks, we had to tell HR that we did take breaks. Even worked from home to get work done and was never compensated. Management was horrible.. When you went to them about issues they refused to help you, then you were black balled. I always went the extra mile to make sure I took care of my patients well. They would not train us properly, and the manager would state that we didn't need it, and would find ways to get us out if it. This is not fair to the employee when you need the proper training to do your job. When dealing with medications and dealing with certain possible liabilities they denied us for the proper training to perform our duties safely and  more... properly. So many things thst were being done were unethical. HIPPA was an issue because we were stuck in a hole in a wall of a clinic and patients could hear all that was being said. When brought to mngt attention we were told oh well! Also on a last note.... HR is not there to support the employee they are only there for the employer. You can't go to them with issues because it doesn't get taken care of. The more you try to fix the wrong and speak up for what's right and fair the more they try to get you out of there. I loved my patients and the actual work I did. However, they never support or help out employees. I will never want to go back, or recommend this place of employment to anyone.  less
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Pay, Management, HR, NO EMPLOYEE SUPPORT, and much more
Productive work with a team of professionals
Financial IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  Danville, PA 17821July 3, 2015
Financial Systems was a team of 12 employees that worked together to provide end users with resolutions to their issues with their Lawson applications that pertain to their specific area, whether it be Payroll, Accounts Payable, Supply Chain, Research, or HR. I was responsible in assisting HR with the implementation of the Talent Management module. I assisted them with building testing scripts and creating customized roles to develop the proper process flows to assure the correct triggers were in place when an applicant applied for a position and became a candidate and it would flow to the assigned Recruiter and then to the HRIS staff "in-basket" for review, and so on. I was also responsible for the security set up or removal of access for each Geisinger employee to Employee Self service or Manager Self service. I was held to security standards to assure each employee's confidential information was protected and was not accessible to anyone who did not have a business need for it.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, healthcare benefits, PTO
Cons
Weak HR, favoritism
communicating with patients and helping them schedule appointments
Scheduling Services Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAJune 17, 2015
Management is always there when we need them
I work with people I get along with so it makes my days go a lot smoother.
The hardest part of my job is not always being able to help a patient get an appointment right away.
I absolutely love helping co-workers and being involved in our patients care.
Medical Assistant. Its a great company and great benefits.
Radiation Oncology Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAJune 15, 2015
Wonderful company, great benefits. Dealing with cancer patients on a daily basis is hard. I enjoyed the patients and was focused on their care, but it is emotionally hard dealing with terminal patients daily.
Geisinger is a great working experience.
Interim Staffing Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pulmonary and Thorasic Medicine Doctors officeMay 29, 2015
My day is all about answering phones, transfering incoming calls to proper destinations. Processing prescription refil requests. Faxing, copying, mailing, scanning documents for doctors or nurse practicioners. Sending messages through our epic system. Mail distribution. Creating and maintaining excell spreadsheets.

I have learned to be a good team player. I have worked with some of the greatest people. The hardest part of the job is knowing that I am only temporary. I truly enjoy working on the front lines and interacting with patients or clients of Geisinger Medical Center.
Pros
Working within the medical field. Learning capabilities.
Cons
Parking, shuttle bus waiting...
Grateful to have worked here
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Moosic, PAMay 28, 2015
Geisinger gave me an opportunity to elevate myself by welcoming me in their work family. I cannot say anything in that aspect. Working for this company will always be one of the best decisions I could have made.