Geisinger Health System Employee Reviews

Not a stable place with stable people
Researcher (Current Employee) –  Danville, PAFebruary 15, 2018
This company has a high turnover rate. In part, that's due to a seemingly systemic problem in which managers are unprofessional, emotionally unstable, or both.
Great Organization
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Danville, PAFebruary 10, 2018
Geisinger is one of the best place to work in rural Northeastern / Central PA. Large organization with many job opportunities and ability to transfer within the company. Great benefits as well.
Very good employer
Telecommunications Operator (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAFebruary 1, 2018
I left Geisinger because I didn't want to work weekends and holidays or I would have stayed working there. My co-workers were awesome and very good benefits.
Productive/Fostered Positive Attitude
Par ll (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAFebruary 1, 2018
I learned something new daily. Workplace culture was productive due to diversity. The most enjoyable part of the job, Compassionate focused patient care, my number one priority.

We often or take for granted, when a patent visit's clinic for an appointment, we are the only tangible communication interaction the patient may have, when patient's are mostly home bound and no positive support systems. Making a positive difference for the patient is vital, that is why it's my priority. A smiling patient is priceless to see as they approach the exit door.
Pros
Making a positive diference for all patient's
Fun and fast paced
Unit Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJanuary 13, 2018
Everyone tends to be friendly with the doctors down to the aides and cleaning staff. They offer tuition reimbursement and great medical benefits. I would stay if i could.
Pros
Flexible hours, great medical
Cons
Staffing ratio, job opportunities for LPN
Great people, truly cares about employees.
Senior Specialist (Current Employee) –  Danville, PADecember 7, 2017
Geisinger is truly focused on providing a great place to work for it's employees; employee engagement is a high priority. it is a pleasure to work with most people at Geisinger.
Stressful
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Danville, PADecember 5, 2017
Demanding The amount of pay you receive for the work you do is not fair. The low man on the totem pole is taken advantage of. It’s has great benefits that’s why people stay. Your just a number otherwise
unbearable
RN (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PADecember 4, 2017
pathetic no loyalty or concern for others weel being suppose to be about the patients not at all the patients are last priority.always believed I love the work I do that stopped as soon as geisinger took control
Great company
Clinic Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lock Haven, PANovember 9, 2017
Everyone came together as a team. Care was centered around patient. . Top nurses, doctors and ancillary services. A family oriented company with focus on their emploees
Pros
staff
Organizational Culture
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Nicholson, PANovember 5, 2017
Everything they pitched in my interview and orientation is exactly how I had been treated as a patient. GHP is values their employees and their actions support this.
Great name
Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Danville, PANovember 1, 2017
Great name in Central PA. Good internal communications. Passionate and engaging CEO. Strong focus on patient engagement and satisfaction. Excellent food services for employees.
Productive, fast paced work environment without losing warmth, compassion and enjoyment.
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  State College, PAOctober 23, 2017
An excellent place to work. There was a good work culture and good teamwork and employee support. Patients were well-treated and there was a great deal of warmth and compassion towards them, as well as perfect professionalism and confidentiality. Work was fast-paced, but the staff seemed energized and efficient. Managers seemed very caring and professional, and encouraged cooperation and courtesy to all. Patients seemed happy and secure.
Depends on management and department
Food Service Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Danville, PAOctober 21, 2017
Is was A great job until they hired a CLUELESS manager that is very cut throat and does not care about policy or staff Not getting Time off when requested 6 weeks in advance
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Not getting pto for medical appointments
Able to minister and care for others.
Chaplain Associate (Current Employee) –  N.E. PennsylvaniaOctober 20, 2017
Geisinger has a balanced a highly skilled environment, which promotes professionalism, my religious call and offers continued education in other fields, than my own.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
No full time work
Its aplace that you can advance
Inventory Management Associate (Former Employee) –  Danville, PAOctober 2, 2017
Left because I had to go night shift for financial reasons. Couldn't handle night shift.In all its a good company to work for.Great Insurance, 401K, pto. Can advance to other jobs within.
Pros
Nice health care program
Cons
Parking
Stressful and Challenging
Patient Cook, Retail Cook, Short-Order Cook (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PASeptember 14, 2017
A stressful and yet challenging work environment. The Management could be better, as well as the benefits received. Did learn a lot of useful information. Co-workers aren't the greatest. Would like to have free meals.
Pros
Two-weeks vacation, Pto, plus numerous little perks.
Cons
No Free Lunches, Co-workers aren't the greatest, Benefits aren't great
Major healthcare provider and insurance provider
Sr. Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Danville, PASeptember 12, 2017
Maintain existing web applications as well as custom development of new applications. Much of the week is absorbed by these activities. The remainder is spend on IIS and server maintenance and database activities. I was lucky to experience many divisions of IT here, more than most due mainly to the interest on my part. However, due to small turnover and hiring freezes, lack of career path is a liability for me at this point. Hardest part of the job is navigating the levels to bureaucracy to get anything accomplished at more than a snail's pace. Variety of technologies is the enjoyable part.
Pros
Technology options
Cons
Bureaucracy, lack of career options
Excellent
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Danville, PASeptember 9, 2017
I love working for Geisinger. They really care about their employees. Geisinger is truly progressive and invests in their employees. There is a ton of opportunity to advance in your career.
Pros
Employer contributes to 401K, excellent benefits, Pto, management
Really Good Place to Work
Retail Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Danville, PASeptember 5, 2017
I work for the Retail half of the Food Services Department and we have a pretty great work family. You are cross-trained, so even if you're not great at something, you'll have an idea of what you need to do if you get thrown into a job for a day, though once in a while you have a "Baptism by Fire" moment where you just have to wing it. Communication is usually pretty good, but information is constantly changing. The hardest part about the job can be dealing with customers who are not so very nice, but there are many more customers who are kind and grateful, and that makes the hard days worth it. Your job of the day can change very quickly depending on staffing needs (especially if too many people call off sick.) People don't always see eye to eye, but we pull together as a team, people step in and help without having to be asked. The bosses pass around "Get Better Cards" when someone is very ill or there is a loss in someone's family and we sign them with our own love and thoughts.
Pros
Great Bosses, Kind Customers, Great Work Family, Amazing Benefits, Really Good Pay
Cons
Issues with product deliveries, Unkind Customers, Schedule Changes
Innovative hospital that is dedicated to continual technology improvements
Associate Vice President (Current Employee) –  Danville, PASeptember 2, 2017
Geisinger is fast past and has a strong work ethic. There are high volume of IT projects and the large IT staff cannot complete them. It is a rewarding job to provide improvements to healthcare via technology.
Pros
Flexible hours, competitive salaries to large city hospitals and cost of living is significant lower.
Cons
Too many projects are completed that don't align to strategy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Geisinger Health System. Our community is ready to answer.