Geisinger Health System Employee Reviews

Supportive and Nurturing Environment
Resident Physician, PGY-1 (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAMarch 15, 2017
Autonomy granted to residents, with help and support granted to residents in regards to academic affairs as well as personal matters. Co-residents willing to teach. Very friendly environment.
Many advancement opportunities
Scheduling Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Moosic, PAMarch 6, 2017
Geisinger was a great place to work.. They value their employees and staff, and work diligently to provide a safe, ethical, and professional environment.. Geisinger provides examplory tools and training process to promote excellent customer service and patient care.
Pros
Career Advancement
Cons
located on in state of Pennsylvania
Excellent place of employment
Magnetic Resonance Imaging Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAMarch 4, 2017
A sense of belonging is what you will get when working for Geisinger Health Systems. Ability for discounted insurance rates with their wellness program.
Ghs
Authorization Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAFebruary 15, 2017
Incentives and bonuses for completing so much work in limited amounts of time. Team work is vital and senior staff are happy to help new employees, work hard and you will be rewarded.
The largest hospital in the area
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Danville, PAFebruary 11, 2017
Company is incredible. The company cares. Easy as that. Their patients are number 1. With several different hospitals in one very large building, patients get cared for.Many hospitals in 1. A childrens hospital, heart hospital, cancer hospital, and the wonderful regular hospital with a fantastic emergency room.
Benefits are terrific, raises are based on your performance which is fair. You can learn in different areas and be transferred without a problem.
The company has a wonderful reputation for excellence and they hire people that will continue their excellent reputation.
I found nothing wrong with the hospital, unfortunately, I transferred to an area that was being dispersed.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJanuary 31, 2017
Very efficient and caring for employees and patients. I thank them for the pleasure of working for them and would recomend anyone to work there. A great company to work for.
Poor management, poor work environment
Scheduling specialist (Current Employee) –  Philipsburg, PAJanuary 28, 2017
On a daily basis I answer around 100 inbound calls. We recently were transitioned to a new management team who neither have the knowledge or not experience to be effective in their roles. The overall work environment is hostile as we do not have active management and it has left a void for cliques to form. The hardest part of my job is watching the department fall into chaos. I can honestly say there is nothing that I enjoy about my job anymore.
Pros
good medical benefits
they will grind you up and spit out the bones.
Dentist (Former Employee) –  DanvileJanuary 11, 2017
typical work week is 117 hrs a week, management does not care about quality care, hardest part of the job is pressure to produce, the most enjoyable part is the end of the day,
Pros
quaint town
Cons
they are not into quality care
the wal-mart of hospitals.
Central Sterile Technician (Current Employee) –  Danville, PAJanuary 10, 2017
Geisinger is a business, concerned about profits and nothing more. They care not for their employees nor their patients. Safety and cleanliness are among the things disregarded. This place is so evil even the devi! left to find another job. I hear he is now the manager of he!!, which is similar to Geisinger but not as bad.
Pros
Great environment if you're a sociopath.
Cons
To say it is "poorly run" would be an understatement.
Average
Neurodiagnostic Technician (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJanuary 6, 2017
Company is cutting back on compensation by not giving raises or bonuses. They are now hyper focused on saving every possible penny and as a result the employees are forced to suffer by not getting the benefits which used to be provided.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
not giving bonuses or raises due to budget cuts
IT is horrible
Interim LAN Support Tech (Current Employee) –  Danville, PAJanuary 4, 2017
I know its a hospital but executives only care about patients not the people that work for the organization and make the organization what it is. CEO brought in a consultant company to help improve work. They knew nothing made so many changes that where not thought through. Just about zero communication throughout every department. . People are friendly
Pros
Well known hospital
Cons
short unpaid lunch, CEO, Parking
Great place
Environmental / Surgical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PADecember 18, 2016
This Family is one of the best in north eastern Pennsylvania. They are all about culture diversity and the well-being of their patients The healthcare industry is growing rapidly and GEISINGER has taken over numerous hospitals and has joined some healthcare facilities.
Pros
They are there for both employees visitors and patient
Cons
Very professional and impressive medical technologies
Scheduling Services Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PADecember 6, 2016
Geisinger Health System is a wonderful place to work. I was very pleased to have worked there and learned a great deal about the Medical Health Industry.
Productive teamwork
Home Care RN (Former Employee) –  Danville, PA 17822December 2, 2016
There was high turnover in home care. The on-call was too much for my family. I learned a lot about wound care. Visiting patients in their homes was a rewarding experience for me.
to say I learned alot working on cardiac SCU is an understatement
RN (Current Employee) –  Danville, PANovember 20, 2016
My co-workers were phenomenal. Consistantly changing management. Staffing was an issue. Very busy days demanding complex patients. Watching the patients improve and knowing you were a part of it was the most rewarding part of my job.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
under-staffed
loved my job
Systems Analyst - IT - Cadence (Former Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PANovember 18, 2016
was salaried paid
loved the people I worked with
was a family type work environment, my co workers were pretty amazing and fun to work with. I wouldn't change that for anything. the hardest part of this job was during our upgrades when I had to be away from my family but my family was understanding.
great co workers
Hospitalist Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PANovember 17, 2016
great co workers and hard working dedicated employees who care for their patients. most enjoyable part of my job is to take care of patients and be part of their health care and team.
Great Place to Work!
Benefits Analyst (Current Employee) –  Camp HillNovember 15, 2016
Geisinger has a comprehensive Total Rewards package that is hard to beat. Outside of the normal benefits package, they have a generous PTO benefit, wellness programs, and contribute a nice amount towards your 401(k). They also supply tuition reimbursement towards bachelor and graduate degree programs. The company’s senior leadership is very involved with employee feedback to make this one of the best places to work. For example, the CEO and VP’s hold frequent town halls where you can actually convers ate with them to ask questions or provide suggestions…..and they listen! For example, in previous years there wasn’t vision insurance or tuition coverage towards graduate degrees and now we have both. Great place to work where you feel valued and that your opinion matters!

My co-workers are like family. Noone says “that’s not my job” or refuses to help when help is needed. Everyone has individual strengths that when combined help the whole team be successful…..and teamwork is encouraged. Each day I learn something new which I appreciate. Great place to work!
Pros
Advancement Opportunities, work/life balance, great leadership, great work enviornment
Great company to start your career at
EHR System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Danville, PAOctober 29, 2016
Geisinger is a great company to work for. The management team is dedicated to their employees and try their best to manage work/life balance for their employees.
Geisinger is always looking to the horizon to expand their reach, as well as their technological capabilities. This leaves for a very busy work load. Their employees are challenged with multiple projects and overlapping deadlines. Excellent communication and organizational skills are required.
If you are looking for a great place to work to get your career starting in the health care technology industry, look no further.
abusive managers, witch hunts, corrupt hiring of incompetant 3rd world visa workers
family support person (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAOctober 15, 2016
Abused & bullied staff rewarded w phony reprimands. Vain puffed up kiss up power hungry back stabbing vicious people get ahead, but those working hard ignored. Many interns residents & support staff hired based on political correct categories & quotas often 3rd world visas holders. RN & pt care staff worked to death very dedicated people but overwhelmed. Management hopelessly out of touch and abusive. Staff are disposable at Geisinger. DON'T WORK HERE.
Pros
at least the bathrooms are clean
Cons
abusive, out-of-touch management, inadequate staff, superficial bandaids dished out daily without addressing critical issues

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Geisinger Health System. Our community is ready to answer.