Geisinger Employee Reviews

VERY poor place to work.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Lewistown, PAJanuary 22, 2018
VERY poor management. Will never go back to dietary again. Especially rude to girls.guys got away with everything. Was the worst place to work for ever. It was nice pay, that was the only good thing about it. People love to run their mouth about you. Alot of drama. Alot of the staff is rude to your because your only dietary. If they would get rid of the two bosses I probably would go back.
Pros
Nice pay
Cons
It was horrible working there
Poor Management
Revenue Cycle Call Center (Former Employee) –  GlenmauraJanuary 17, 2018
Perhaps if each employee in a 35 person Call Center
With constant turnover, complains about ONE Supervisor over n over w constant turnover, and nothings done, its not place for you. Shame on you Management for allowing this behavior. They sit, laugh about their emoloyees, and speak loudly about them, poor poor behavior for Supervisors. Its a shame.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Too many too list
Manager (Current Employee) –  Danville, PAJanuary 10, 2018
Geisinger is overall a great place to work. As with anywhere, it depends on what department your in and your experience may vary. However, I have been happy and most of the folks I work with or are acquainted with are happy at Geisinger.
Not a good place for nursing!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJanuary 8, 2018
Horrible managers who lack experience, they are simple puppet figures for the higher management. The pay is ok, and its a nice facility... but expect to be a number treated like garbage!
Poor place but great people
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Shamokin, PAJanuary 2, 2018
Geisinger is a large corporation that is more worried about numbers and not parients. Staff is treated poorly and over worked. One must get along well with others or you will be stepped on and forced from your position quickly. Geisinger is a great place for learning and education advancement. Benefits are excellent, but truly not worth the stress and hassle one receives from upper management and the long hours that are made mandatory on the work schedule.
Pros
Education advancing
Cons
Poor work environment
Challenging and fast paced
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical CenterDecember 12, 2017
In the Lab, every day is different when speaking of the workload. Always fast paced and time sensitive but enjoyable. The workday always flew by. Management acted high and mighty and unapproachable. The culture is very much clique oriented that infects even upper management. If you can't play well with others, you will be forced to quit by one way or another. The main thing I learned at Geisinger: anyone is replaceable.
Pros
lab week
Cons
poor management
A thankless position
Primary Counselor (Former Employee) –  Waverly, PANovember 23, 2017
Working in a department that always seems to be down on staffing, currently down five staff members, the same output of work is expected from the department as a whole. Employees have resorted to coming in early, staying late, or coming in on Saturday's to make sure that their job is complete, otherwise they're getting asked about their time management skills and their competency is being questioned. This atmosphere is only contributing to the turnover with more people leaving. Historically when people leave it's "not in the budget" to replace them right away leaving the department open to losing more competent clinicians.
Pros
Good benefits with insurance and time off, a well maintained workspace, strong focus on patient care
Cons
Demanding department, understaffed, high turnover/burnout rate, high variations in pay
Great
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PANovember 11, 2017
It was a great place to work for but it was a contracted job. The people are very nice to work with and the managers are welcoming. I would reccommend this job to anyone.
Productive and fun work place
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PANovember 11, 2017
Our office consists of 90% women with many different personalities. Although we have many differences we all have a common bond in helping our patients and each other any way we can. Team work makes the dream work. The hardest part of my job is telling a patient we don't have any opening available to see them today or I'm sorry I have to reschedule your appointment. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with a great team and getting to help people in need.
Pros
Great benefits, caring managers
Cons
Short breaks
Great team of workers but very poor management
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAOctober 12, 2017
I was able to improve my professional skills at Geisinger, however the lack of appropriate staff (which is a typical problem in all healthcare, but this was extraordinary), poor management, and the need of more equipment and supplies made the job very difficult especially when trying to live up to Geisingers' wanted standards for quality care.
Pros
Good people, decent pay, and good benefits.
Cons
Poor management, lack of attention to patient and employee needs.
It felt like one big "Family"
ADMINISTRATIVE SECRETARY (Current Employee) –  Port Matilda, PASeptember 20, 2017
I love my job and helping the patients everyday indirectly! I assist multiple staff in my role including doctors, techs, patients, family members, etc.
It sucks if you want to work in pharmacy
Pharmacy technician (Current Employee) –  Danville, PAAugust 18, 2017
Mid level and low level management is awful they don't care about you nor are they effective only positive note is the benefits are fantastic but for me not worth the headache or hassle and don't bother reporting someone for harassment because if they are buddies with management they will find a way to get you in trouble instead and the HR leaison doesn't do his job either
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Sucky management and aggressive coworkers
Great
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PA.August 4, 2017
I love working here. If I could move my job to a different location I would never leave. My manager is fantastic and is very encouraging. Works around school schedule.
learning
Radiology and Mammography Technologist (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAAugust 4, 2017
was allowed to cross train into other dept. was allowed to grow in my field. excellent management in the mammography dept as well as amazing coworkers
A Great healthcare facility that is continually growing
INVESTIGATIONAL DRUG PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  DAnville, PaAugust 1, 2017
Great place to work, good management, not much room for advancement within the Geisinger system. Can be under staffed which increases workload and stress for other employees.
Good company to work for.
SCHEDULING SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Moosic, PAJune 17, 2017
Good company to work for. The pay is fair. Good opportunities to transfer to other departments. Managers are helpful. Good work/life balance. Very supportive when it comes to health issues.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Stressful
Productive and Fun company
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PANovember 30, 2016
My typical day at work, is very busy I meet many people of all cultures. for the most part everyone has been very nice. my co-workers are fun to work with, we help each other out a lot, what ever the next one may know will share with the rest of the team, what ever another learns, whether it's short cuts, etc. we're always giving feed back and discussing what ever improvement that will make our jobs easier and clients/ customers more happier.
Pros
Meet many people
Cons
Short breaks
Ophthalmology Technician (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PANovember 15, 2016
Family oriented environment, co-workers are wonderful and they do have your back, but it does have some communication issues especially with management.
Amazing work study job
Companion (Current Employee) –  Shamokin, PANovember 11, 2016
I worked this job for two years while going to college, and this is the best daycare i have ever seen, The teachers and volunteers all get along and do the best they can for the children
fast paced family practice facility
Paitent Access Rep (Current Employee) –  Montoursville, PAOctober 3, 2016
I love that this clinic is fast paced. It makes for a great day.
Hardest part is trying to get everything done in one day and accepting that its just not possible.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Geisinger. Our community is ready to answer.