- Primarily responsible to oversee the daily management, supervision, coordination and successful completion of the preconstruction phase of the GEM GPS projects.
- Manage relationships with all A/E firms
- Assist GPS Coordinators as required to maintain departmental quality
- Monitor all projects and coordinators as to design progress, estimates, client relationships,
- Coordinate constructability and value engineering reviews for projects
- Assist in final estimate review with Coordinators and Project Managers
- Plan and lead the preconstruction strategy effort on the approach to the project or estimate
- Assure potential risk factors for each project has been evaluated & reviewed with Sr Mgmt
- Organize and present work assignments and budgets to manager on a monthly basis
- Lead transition meeting between operations team and preconstruction team
- Visit on–going projects to verify assumptions and maintain customer contact
- Keep current on Industry methods, materials and procedures.
- Assist Business Development team in developing new and existing clients
- Evaluate staff and work with them to develop skills
- 10-20 years estimating industrial process project experience
- 5 Years A/E or design experience preferred
- Four year professional degree in Engineering or Architecture
- Professional registration as Engineer or Architect
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, with a high degree of expertise with Microsoft Excel and Project
- Strong Communication Skills.
- Ability to read plans, specifications, and work off of concept/ schematic designs or written criteria.
- Strong Leadership skills
- Ability to lead and inspire people
- Demonstrated success in managing the preconstruction process for major, complex projects