GEM Employee Reviews

Great employer, personable
Manufacturing/Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WISeptember 18, 2016
These 2 owners are great to work for. They are open minded and want employee feedback. They have always treated me fairly and with respect. My typical work day is both challenging and rewarding. The roots of my job is making things easier for the other employees. Taking a complex job and making it simpler for others is what I do best. Company get together's are always fun here.
Pros
Great boss's. Challenging work. Work hours.
Cons
Not the best benefits.
Progressive startup
Technical Team Member (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 12, 2016
Experience have been overall very progressive one. Lots of things to learn with lots of flexibility.

They will allow you to work in your desired area of interest. Also, switching of technology is cool with them.
AUTO CAD TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Union City, NJMarch 30, 2016
- Used AutoCAD and Revit to create drawings for commercial and residential projects. - Created shop drawings and fabrication shop tickets for marble at World Trade Center
Transportation Hub.
- Assisted in design for marble flooring, walls, staircases throughout World Trade Center
Transportation Hub.
- Prepared and created fabrication shop drawings for GFRC (glass-fiber reinforced concrete) stones at Columbia University Medical and Graduate Education Building.
- Organized drawings with layers, blocks, text, and tables.
! - Generated elevations manage external references and create 3D geometry.
Pros
Advanced Technology, Good team players
Cons
n-a
Productive, mature work environment.
General Equipment Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Yermo, CaFebruary 15, 2013
A typical day at work would consist of task completion. I learned about mechanics, radar systems, tele communications, and electronics. Management played a big roll because we had to keep constant contact with them to complete task. With the co-workers we had to keep a good relationship cause we were together all the time, we couldn't complete a task without our co-worker. The most enjoyable part of the day would be working together as a team, also the end of the day.
Pros
paid trip to okinawa, japan for regular maintenance on military vehicles.
Cons
short breaks and long days of overtime.
productive work environment with good communication
Construction Worker (Current Employee) –  Mount Airy, MDFebruary 2, 2016
Work together with the boss directly doing many types of construction including kitchen rebuilds and demos. Window installs, tyvek home wrapping, drywall, painting, trim and crown install. I learned most of this with this company. The most enjoyable part is learning new things and becoming good at it.
Pros
working with a good friend, good pay
Cons
hours can be shakey
company pay good
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas nv.June 7, 2015
it's a good Company to work despite of working to much hours.
it's always a busy fast food restaurant, food is always fresh and we provide very good costumer service.
i learned a lot in this Company started on the bottom on my way up, learned a lot of professional way how to manage the store and to help out employees to move up to the next level, as well to my self to keep on improving..
Pros
all the employees get's free brea meal.
Cons
good benefits.
A place were working fast and as a team is essential.
Set up for events, assist customers, greet (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 4, 2014
Working at the gem center was a place were if you weren't moving and working with someone else your job would never get done. At the gem center i loved working with others because i felt like time would fly and felt like so much work got accomplished. And having the opportunity to experience what it was like to help customers was important for me. For me the experience gained when helping a customer was important, because i was able to understand that a customer can be wrong but i had the obligation to understand him.
Pros
Lunch when ever i wanted.
Cons
Heavy lifting.
I am a detail and results orientated professional with strong technical and leadership skills. I have over twenty seven years of experience in the bus
Enablement Manager (Former Employee) –  Dubuque IowaJune 28, 2015
Having a positive attitude with enjoying the assignment and continue learning other skills, as well as being extremely adaptable to any environment .I value my peers. The hardest part of my job was when to say enough,
Very Productive
International Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MANovember 2, 2012
I enjoyed working at The Gem Group.
I learned alot from my peers.
I enjoyed all my coworkers
I enjoyed everything about my job
The hardest part was leaving.
Pros
lots of fun activities
Cons
not flexiable in hours
Dynamic organization as leading company in the promotional business
Vice President, Sales (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAMarch 28, 2012
Managed several different and unique sales teams in the organization - field sales, inside sales, oveseas custom sales, multi-line rep organization sales, customer service.
Pros
good organization with processes in place
Cons
volatile industry
Friendly work environment
Pension Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 11, 2013
Always busy, multi-tasking, processing pension and retirement applications, as well as balancing the pension payments and health care deductions for a larger client, while handling participant phone calls as an additional part of daily responsibilities
Great co-workers
Mission Worker (Current Employee) –  Monument, COFebruary 4, 2013
The employees at GEM are a great bunch to work with. They are supportive of you, and they truly care.
Pros
everything
Gem
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Byhalia, MSJanuary 8, 2014
This was one of the easiest jobs I have had. I knew all my co-workers and managers because most of us were from the same area.
Restaurant
Homemaker, Home (Former Employee) –  CAMay 31, 2012
It was good it help you with your customer Service skill same as your people skills as well.
Hard working enviornment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Avon, CTOctober 18, 2014
Long days and nights , bare minimum staffing and quality of staff
Good place to work at
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MAJanuary 31, 2014
Good team environment, everyone is willing to help one another.