Gemini Motor Transport Employee Reviews

borderline a part time job
Driver (Current Employee) –  eastFebruary 15, 2017
Let's start with accurately answering the above ratings. Work/life balance well let's see typically the trucks are on a 12 hr schedule so you work 3pm to 3am or other way around. Slip seat.
In my area I work days . Benefits are great but the vision plan sucks if you need glasses don't bother with this vision plan.
Driver pay is based on load pay if you work 5 days (50hrs) you get 1125.00 or if your lucky your load pay will exceed that. 6 days (60hrs) 1350.00 after take home of 5 day week it's about 780.00 supporting a family with children is impossible.
Don't think you can work for a family and support your own family it's just unrealistic.
Security and advancement not sure if you do what's asked of you and not take shortcuts your safe. Advancement almost non existent.
Management. Well as long as you do what's asked of you in training and your load assignments management is not needed unless you have a accident.
Culture. Well there is no culture cause you don't interact with anyone unless you need to call other drivers .
Pros
free coffee and fountain drinks BETTER HAVE YOUR OWN CUP.
Cons
your spouse needs to have a good paying full time job where maybe he/she can support you
Same
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 25, 2016
I was generally speaking about both departments in my previous review since Gemini is owned by loves. I feel the same about it as I stated in my previous post.
Great drivers awful and I mean awful management
Driver (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDDecember 5, 2016
Seems to be the most common problem with this company and that's the management. Money was decent but management is none existent. The manager over North Dakota and Texas certainly didn't work his way to the position he has it was handed to him by his cousin that was over him. But other then very and I mean very poor management not a bad place to work. The drivers are awesome.
Pros
Free shirt
Cons
Management/pay
great co workers
Crude Oil Hauler (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 10, 2016
its a great company but poor management. At the beginning the company was well managed and at some point things went down due to change in management
Truck Driver
CDL Class A Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 12, 2015
I enjoyed this job, being gone a week at a time, but came home for 48 hours a week. There were changes being made and my father became ill so I came out of the truck to take care of him. The pay was excellent.
Pros
The pay was great
Cons
Not being at home every night
Great Company with bad management
Lead Bio Diesel Driver (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 20, 2015
Excellent benefits, terrible management, 12-14 hour work day, supportive coworkers, hardest part of the job was being away from home.
Excellent Company
Fuel delivery (Current Employee) –  Muscle Shoals, ALFebruary 3, 2015
Excellent family oriented company with good benefits and decent salary. 12 hour shifts, could possibly be long days at times.
Bad experance on so many levels!!
Truck Driver Hauling Fuel for Loves Truck Stops (Former Employee) –  okloma city, OK.April 25, 2014
fuel hauling 24/7 365 days a year. Management was hard to get a hold of once I was hired.
Good place for people who want to work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CoApril 22, 2014
I have been at Gemini for a month out of Windsor co. And I must say I like the job. Management is really caring and fair I had a problem with my checks for about two weeks but my regional manager got me gift cards to make sure I was able to have food and spending money and made sure to clear the problem with my checks and had them in 3 days after hearing about the problem. I have not had a company make sure I was okay like that before. As for the work when they have loads they make sure you have work. It is not hard work can be long days though sometimes 14+ but not bad. Sometimes I won't have load but the thing about it is you are guaranteed 200 min. Regardless of what you do.there are quarterly yearly bounses which is a plus. All in all I like and am proud of where I work so people with negative comments if you don't like where you work then leave.
Pros
Good pay okay benefits min pay
Cons
Work nights
Excellent Benefits and pay
Driver (Current Employee) –  TXFebruary 13, 2014
Gemini cares about the driver. There is always a bad apple or two out there that will try to throw out negativity. Bottom line with Gemini is that if you are a professional driver that wants to work, the money and bonuses are here. If you put forward a solid effort, you will be rewarded for it.
Pros
Pay and new equipment
Gemini is focused on one goal: money
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 14, 2013
Truck drivers are a type of people who want dispatchers to make decisions for them so they can get their load safely from the loading facility to the unloading facility. Gemini had a high volume of phone calls and hold time. I saw holding time up to 45 minutes per phone call. They were not paid by the hour, they were paid by the load. It was difficult to keep the peace between management and the driver, because dispatchers are allowed only a certain amount of time per phone call. The problem? Drivers would wait until they had several issues before they call in so they wouldn't have to deal with the hold time every time they called. Mostly, even though the drivers were frustrated, I enjoyed talking to them while solving their issues on the computer. I did not get to socialize with my co-workers because we were under staffed.
Pros
4 day work week, 12 hour days
Cons
worked nights
Hauling Fuel
Delivery driver of hazardous materials (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 30, 2013
Hauling fuel, setting schedules, training, drove mostly in Texas.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Pay
Great camaraderie with co workers
Driver (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 24, 2012
I worked for the Loves family for a year and had hoped this would be the place to retire. Due to several management changes in the Oklahoma City area those changes also trickled down to the drivers. Equipment down time with no pay, no upper management support. If you want to change shifts you lose all seniority and must start all over at the bottom.
Pros
decent hours
Cons
healthcare is not the best.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gemini Motor Transport. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8