Geminus Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Worse Job Ever
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INJuly 10, 2016
The management are all rejects from Illinois that couldn't get jobs in their state. Came to Indiana and destroyed a perfectly good company.
Don't waste your time.
Pros
No Pros
Cons
No job security, if your're not a favorite, you are doomed.
ok place to work
Case Management (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INJanuary 1, 2016
Pretty good place to work for beginners if you need to get the experience working with children. The school is a great place for children.
Productive work place
Case Coordinator/Family Advocate (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INNovember 23, 2015
The Geminus Corporation continues to provide a great support system. The company is a well respected corporation. The company provides their employees with endless opportunities.
Couldn't take much of it.
Family services (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INSeptember 2, 2015
the management has unrealistic expectations. Not payed well. The management will be late to every meeting but if you are suppose to be at work early and you show up a minute late you are going to hear about how you are always late. It's a lot of driving to bad areas, don't expect to get home for dinner during the school year if you are salaried. The benefits are not good. You will be overloaded with work and under trained, the management will have just about as much knowledge as you will. You will do work from home after your finished for the day.
Pros
Not in the office much
Cons
Unrealistic expectations, salary employees work more than 40 hours, hourly are told to not work over at all. Awful management, under appreciated
lot of driving
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INAugust 21, 2015
I didn't work here very long. The atmosphere was not bad. Everyone was helpful. It is a joy going to day cares and seeing the children's smiling faces.
Worst place to work
HR (Former Employee) –  merrillville IndianaJuly 20, 2015
working for HR, and knowing the background information, it's a mess. Glad I got out of there. Was treated like I was nothing.
Not a great place to work
Home Visitor (Former Employee) –  Merrilville, INAugust 26, 2014
There is no job security. The management treats employees like children.
Good company, but organizational direction sometimes is lost
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  GaryFebruary 17, 2014
I worked at Geminus Corporation in the Head Start program as a Site Manager. I worked at several locations prior to departing, but my experience overall was favorable.

I worked with some of the hardest working, knowledgeable and kind early childhood professionals in the field today. We arguably had one of the best VP's in the company, and I will always be truly thankful for my experience.
Pros
professional development, leadership and resources
Cons
wages were not competitive during my time at geminus
Issue Child Care Vouchers
Intake Specialist (Current Employee) –  MerrillvilleNovember 4, 2013
Customer Service
Co-Workers are all team players
Management teams are team players
The hardest part of the job is turning away parents for child care when they are over income
The most enjoyable part is being able to help people that are in need of a service
Leadership
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INMay 21, 2012
Typically Hyles offers a opportunity for growth and development. They utilize your skills and out you to work in the best areas suited for your skill set. The most enjoyable part is working with the leadership. They are there to help you grow.

2.4