Gen-Probe Employee Reviews

Ehtical place to work
Tax Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 19, 2014
Great company to work for. Many benefits including a gym, cafeteria.
Gen-Probe, currently Hologic, is a great pleace to work
Research Associate II (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 15, 2014
While working at Gen_probe, now Hologic, I experienced an atmosphere of cooperation and a common goal for success with my supervisor, and co-workers.

I worked in research and development where assays were developed and protcols written and tested for FDA and CEMark certification.

It was very awarding to know that my work at this company would benefit not only my country and community, but also people around the world.
Pros
appreciation to workers
Professional enviroment.
Quality Control Analyst II Performance Group (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92121September 24, 2013
Rating indicates beneficial satisfaction. It is employee oriented company.
Build and ship bloodbank materials
Material Handler III (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 13, 2013
Working at Gen-Probe requires multi-tasking. Monday, Tuesday and Friday is our shipment days. The work starts from 6:30 am or 7:30 am depending on the quantity of our shipments. It can last till 6:00 pm or even 2:30 am the next following day. I guess I can say that nobody likes the shipment days. As for our kit building days Wed. and Thurs. the most hours we would work for these days are 12 hours shift. My supervisor at that time doesn't really know what's going on on the floor due to he was always out because of personal issues. We had a floor lead which who I bonded well due to my performance, respect and my drive to learn new things. I was her back up whenever she's out for vacation. The job thought me how to become a leader, tackle problems with positive attitude, stand up for what you think is fair and never be trouble with changes. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I can think freely. Most of my coworkers waits to be directed or they wait till someone assigned them their duties. I don't I enjoy working, finishing my tast, I go above and beyond my expectations and I like to takle new projects for the sake of the company and not only for its benefits I see it as my benefits too.
Pros
due to my work hours i would say my paycheck, easy to take vacations, team work
Cons
managements, achievement awards, politics
Good cmnpany
SAP BW/BI Developer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 12, 2013
Great working Environment, good team working environment
Pros
good benefit packages
Cons
na
Software V&V Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CaliforniaAugust 28, 2012
Overall a nice place work. Some of my co-workers were very supportive and helpful when I needed my questions answered
Pros
co-workers were very supportive, helpful, etc
Cons
communication could be better
Very Productive and fast paced with great benefits
Sr. Engineering Mgr, Software V&V (Former Employee) –  San DiegoAugust 22, 2012
Typical day would be to manage projects and people to ensure the timelines will be met. Make MS Project schedules for employees to follow and track progress. Attend meetings.
I learned quiet a lot from the company like to manage and track projects and people, timelines, budgets, Risk assessment, 510k fillings. How to write requirements, plans and Reports.
Co-workers were great to work with.
Buggy Software was always late and had to still meet the timelines for releasing it. This was the hard part to re-arrange the schedules to meet timelines.
Saved people's lives and some of the greatest co-workers made it fun to stay.
Pros
great benefits and pay
Cons
fast paced and executive management
Productive place to work
Scientist I (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 31, 2012
The company offers good benefits as well as a good environment to work in.
Productive and fun workplace with some conveniences.
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  San DiegoJanuary 20, 2012
Productive workplace--beautiful, modern labstations, new equipment, lots of space.
Pros
on campus cafeteria (good food), gym, dry cleaning, car-washing (once a week), beautiful, airy, bright campus and cubicle stations
Cons
takes awhile to move from temp to full time