Gen110

Gen110 Employer Reviews

Exciting startup environment, learned many skills
Market Director (Former Employee), San Jose, CA and Placentia, CADecember 14, 2013
Pros: fun culture, smart people
Cons: long hours, low job stability, poorly organized company
Gen110 is a constantly growing and changing company. My job title changed several times, so a day-to-day was always different. My primary duties included cold calling, lead generation, and in-home consultations.

My coworkers were the best. Energetic, smart, and fun people.

Close relationships with management.

The hardest part of the job was constant – more... worrying about job security. – less
Excellent Company, Great Environment and Culture, Focused on Growth
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee), Orange CountyDecember 10, 2013
Pros: culture, incentives, growth, people
Cons: non-traditional work schedule, although this can be a positive
I worked for Gen110 for 3 months but then had to relocate for personal reasons. My training was excellent, I had support from all levels of the organization, and loved the culture (if you like to have fun, this is a great place to work).

While I was there, I witnessed multiple promotions from within. High performance is highly rewarded through advancement – more... and incentives.

Gen110 is privately funded by world class venture capitalists and managed by smart, young, energetic, like-minded business graduates.

If you enjoy helping people save money while protecting the environment, Gen110 is an excellent place to advance your career. – less
Fast-paced environment that challenges any passionate/driven person
Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee), CAOctober 7, 2013
Pros: working from home, great culture, awesome mgmt, transparency, motivating staff and peers, start-up culture, being able to make a change easily, communication, opportunities to move up in the company, ongoing training
- working remotely from home
- screening applicants and interviewing while tracking stats
- I've had nothing but pleasant encounters with mgmt
- find that mgmt cares a lot about employees success
- my co-workers are all upbeat and positive - great energy
- the hardest part is the constant change in processes (that's the
beauty of start-ups though)
- – more... the most enjoyable part is working from home and learning about
different types of people everyday - I love people! – less
Youth management, very understanding and open to new ideas
Promotions Specialist (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 4, 2013
Pros: free lunch, free dinners, team get-together
Cons: short or no breaks at all
-5 hours of work straight without any break
-learned how to do small talk
-learned how to communicate better
-friendly co-workers
-since it was a door to door sales it was sometimes hard to reach the day goals
-end of the day, very fun job, meeting new people
-always loved the young team, full of energy
-lots of get-together's and outings
A Fun Culture
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee), San Jose, CAMay 22, 2013
Gen110 is a start-up with a lot of potential. I advanced quickly through this company and enjoyed working with many of the people there. I learned a lot about sales and management with Gen110.
innovative clean energy sales company with a great team culture
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee), San JoseFebruary 21, 2013
Pros: positive team environment, good culture, top salespeople can make great money
Cons: stressful, tough hours/schedule
I got this job right out of college, and it has been so much more than I ever expected. The direct sales model takes some getting used to, but it has taught me invaluable things about business and interacting with others, as well as instilling confidence that I never had before. It is definitely not easy and there are some tough times (the ability to – more... self-motivate is a MUST), but it has been very rewarding from both a personal development and financial standpoint. I am making more money than I thought I would just 3 years out of college, and have gained skills that will be transferrable to wherever my career takes me. The people at Gen110 are one of the company's biggest strengths; it's a tight knit family and you can always rely on your coworkers, and I've developed some lifelong friends along the way. The executive team truly cares about the well-being of their employees, and do a great job keeping the team informed on the vision and direction of the company. Be prepared for the challenge of a lifetime, but also perhaps the opportunity of a lifetime. – less
Rewarding place for growth
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee), Orange CountyJanuary 24, 2013
Pros: fun environment, lead gen support, very good compensation (after 6+ months)
Cons: sometimes i work on my days off to reach goals, takes a lot of time to learn and build a large customer base
I started working here because I love the vision and the big picture of the company. It definitely keeps me excited (even after close to 2 years of working here). The people are very intelligent and hard working as well, which I definitely appreciate.

My job is to meet with customers and help them understand their options and sign them up for fixed – more... rate electricity. I used to be responsible for 100% of my own lead generation (its fun but can burn you out), but now we created a new model. I have a team of Outreach Specialists (part time hourly paid studs) who help with the majority of my lead generation. They are managed by our Outreach Manager but I get to help train and mentor them. Its a ton of fun and it enables me to sit down with 3-4 times as many homeowners each week and close way more deals each week. – less
Great company, fun culture, exciting industry
Operations Manager (Current Employee), San FranciscoJanuary 24, 2013
Pros: great people, fun culture, strong leadership, clear vision, exciting industry
Cons: uncertainty that comes with working for any start-up
Gen110 is a well-led, interesting, and fun company to work for! The best part about my job is having the opportunity to work with such a talented, diverse, and inspiring group of people. I’m consistently challenged to think outside the box and improve processes. I love the fact that no day is the same and I’m always learning something new.

Like any – more... typical start-up, the company has had its share of bumps in the road. The solar industry is continuosly changing, and to be successful you need to be able to adapt and accept change. I admire that through all the ups and downs we have never lost sight of our vision. – less
Made a big move to work for this company
Account Manager (Current Employee), Orange County CaliforniaJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: terrific culture, advanced training, opportunities to move forward based on preformance
Cons: sometimes working on days off, not everyone qualifies
I recently moved here from New York to work for this company that I am truely excited to work for. I really like the direction the company is heading in the renewable energy industry and also the culture that is created from the sales people to the executives on top. I especially enjoy sitting down with homeowners and fostering realtionships. Working – more... for a start up company has its ups and downs, but I've found the experience to be fun and exciting so far.

My first month was dedicated to showing my ability to get leads and learn the sales process. After I passed a test I was able to dive in and start doing everything in the sales process.

I came here at a time where I am not totally responsible for generating my own leads and have my own team of outreach specialists that go door to door for me to generate leads. I do from time to time help out and knock on some doors myself to increase lead flow. This allows me to focus more of my time on scheduling consultations with potentially qualified homeowners and signing people up. – less
Great people and good work environment
Operations Associate (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 17, 2013
Pros: good people, fun work environment
I have been working at Gen110 for 2.5 years and like with any job there have been ups and downs, but the good days definitively outweigh the bad ones. The people I get to work with each day are friendly, supportive, and positive. The atmosphere is relaxed and casual, but everyone gets their work done.

I have had the opportunity to take on new roles – more... in the company which has brought its own challenges and frustrations, but it also has helped me develop new skills.

Overall, I really enjoy working at Gen110. – less
Exciting and Great Opportunity!!
Account Manager (Current Employee), Petaluma, CAJanuary 17, 2013
Gen110 provides a great leadership and fun working environment. Management rewards and acknowledges employees who think outside of the box and find creative solutions. I would recommend Gen110 to anyone seeking growth in a career!

Pros:
- Fun and challenging atmostphere with great team players
- The ability to learn about all areas of the business
- – more... Growth potential!! – less
I like it here.
Talent Evaluator (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 16, 2013
Pros: great team, good career move
Cons: company still growing and scaling
Like anything else, this companies has its ups and downs. The reality is that its a start-up and they're still figuring a lot of stuff out.
This is a company full of smart, fun people trying too make something work that's never worked before. To be honest, I've never had an easy day here, but I wouldn't go anywhere else.
False Sense of Real Opportunity
Director of Sales (Current Employee), Walnut Creek, CAJuly 26, 2012
Pros: bean bags for an hour on fridays
Cons: long hours, broken promises of advancement, harsh quotas
Meetings every a.m. then out to the field where you knock door to door from 2:00pm until minimum 7:30pm, or until you get at least 3 qualified leads, sometimes as late as 8:30pm. Consults with customers are expected to be done outside of the hours of 4-730pm. You have to find a way to schedule these appts accordingly, which often has you working on – more... days off or until as late as 930-10pm on the weekdays when consults are scheduled to be done.

Learned that its a solid company, ran by some young, intelligent individuals who have a great idea of how to put together a company, but no idea on how to select the right mgmt to retain any salespeople. The turnover rate is extremely high, i believe the most senior person had 5.5 mos under his belt. This is due to lack of training, extreme quotas, broken promises of advancement, and sales managers who have never managed a team before and seriously lack any people skills whatsoever.

Co workers are cool motivated younger guys who seem to get discouraged quickly because of unrealistic expectations and executive management's breach of verbal promises to get them to come onboard with the team initially.

The best part of the job is every friday you typically get to play bean bags for an hour before you hit the doors for the remaining 5.5 hours in your shift. – less
Great job but was miss led.
Account Manager (Former Employee), Temecula, CAJuly 13, 2012
Pros: create you own schedule, nice culture
Cons: lied to by management, door to door cold calling.
Hired on to the company and really enjoyed the environment and work. I was told that the first 6 months is an investment of my time to build skills and build a pipeline of customers.

After 6 months when me and my coworkers started to see all of our hard work pay off with referrals from the customers we built trust in, we were laid off. Now we do not – more... get the bonuses we were promised and don't get to capitalize on the dozens of referrals I now have calling me daily.

Would have loved to been with Gen110 my entire professional career, but it is obvious that they are not looking after their employees best interest and more interested in profits. – less
Challenging and Rewarding Sales Career
Sales Director in Training (Current Employee), Temecula, CAMay 30, 2012
Pros: autonomy, uncapped commission, attractive offering to customer
Cons: long hours, emotionally demanding, not everyone qualifies
Gen110 is the leading distributed energy company in California primarily because of the effectiveness of its door to door sales force. Gen110 has offered me the opportunity to work in a protected territory, with a very competitive offering here in Temecula. The training I received was comprehensive, they provided all of the tools and resources I needed – more... to be successful right out of the gate. Gen110 provides two career paths, one focusing on management and the other on career sales with a referral based model. I am in the management path. My goals are very clearly defined and attainable in the required timeframe and I feel that I am fairly compensated. – less
Fun but tough place to work in
Account Manager (Former Employee), San Jose, CAApril 19, 2012
Good culture and people.

Typical day is team meeting and then out in the fields to generate leads.

About Gen110

Since 2009, Gen110 has been leading the solar revolution one home at a time. We pioneered the first zero cost solar program that – Read more