Mechanical Design Engineer, Injection Molding Contractor – R&D
We are looking for an energetic and motivated mechanical engineer for a 4-6 month contract position to help design and develop our next-generation instrument products. Design areas will include high volume injection molded disposable parts (consumables).
- The ideal candidate will assist in new product design and development, transfer to manufacturing, scale-up, process optimization, and part/process validation activities.
- This is a hands-on position. In addition to design, duties include developing, setting up and running experiments on prototype parts in an effort to provide data with which to make informed product design decisions.
- Position will be responsible for writing and execution of verification and validation protocols as necessary for new product release.
- Position involves drafting design descriptions of new products and development of raw material specifications.
- Position may work with manufacturing personnel to develop specifications for assembly equipment.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering.
- At least 5 years of relevant industry experience with design and development of high volume (1M+) injection molded plastic disposables.
- Experience in product development in an FDA regulated environment is desired, though not required. Willingness to operate under FDA tenets is a must.
- Working knowledge of SolidWorks is required. Experience with PDMWorks is desired.
- Experience with Design of Experiments (DOE) testing methods is desired.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills with experience in drafting and revising documentation that is maintained under a version control system.
- Should have a proactive approach, be able to work with minimal supervision and have the ability to take on diverse challenges that abound in a small company environment.
The company is a biomedical company developing multiplexed assays in conjunction with its novel and highly advantageous detection platform for research and diagnostic use. The company is privately funded and has prospects for tapping into vast biomedical research and diagnostic markets. We welcome you to become part of a vibrant team with avenues for professional growth and success.