GENBAND

GENBAND United States Employee Reviews

Job paid well - combination of salary plus commission
Inside Sales Account Manager -Tier II (Former Employee), Frisco, TXFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: compensations and direct supervisor
Cons: communication and documentation
The company is heavy sales focused, but there are many times where that gets hindered due to break down in communications and different areas of the sales and operation teams not keeping each other informed.
GENBAND provided a good environment to work, and my direct supervisor seemed to really care about well being of her team.
Wonderful Experience
Network Engineer/Emergency Response Engineer (Former Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: great work environment
Cons: assignment was not permanent
Genband is a wonderful company to work for. Management empowered you to do you job and was there whenever needed. The company provided excellent training and assistance whenever needed. If anyone is lucky enough to work for this company be thankful.
An Internship with no bounds
Marketing & Communications Intern (Former Employee), Frisco, TXJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: business lunches, traveling
Cons: no overtime for interns, short lunch breaks
My internship with GENBAND allowed me to take initiative and try different things. They had me travel and be a part of their trade shows and marketing decisions. After I arrived in the morning I was greeted by my coworkers, followed by a daily meeting with my supervisor about the day's projects. After that I worked on projects while attending conference calls. Occasionally I would be taken along for business lunches and would get to sit in on marketing meetings with the Chief Marketing Officer and the Chief Executive Officer along with my boss - the Executive VP of Marketing. It felt very prestigious and I learned so much from all the professional experiences. My favorite part was traveling for meetings in New York and the Tradeshow in Florida, I felt so important and it felt so good to be part of something big. The hardest part of the job was the constant need to stay on schedule and deadline, but I caught on quickly.
A fast paced enjoyable work environment
Technical Builder (Former Employee), Durham, NCDecember 4, 2014
The work environment was interactive, pleasant, fast paced, and most of all worthwhile.
Available upon request
Global Services & Business Development (Current Employee), New JerserySeptember 23, 2014
Available upon request
Excellent workplace
New challenges in day to day life, fun place to work
Senior Designer (Current Employee), Billerica, MASeptember 7, 2014
Pros: good people, good work life balance
Cons: hard to switch between roles, no option to work on different technologies
Co-workers are great
New challenges in day to day life
help is always close to overcome a problem.
Plano location more casual than Frisco
Sr. Engineer Facilities (Former Employee), Frisco, TXMarch 17, 2014
I would consider working at the Plano location again. The corporate headquarters is the Frisco location.
Work was challenging and rewarding.
Oracle Database Administrator (Former Employee), Plano, TXSeptember 11, 2013
I was tasked with acquiring over 40 client databases into data center. The staff including the applications DBA were very supportive and I was allowed to work as many hours as necessary to satisfy milestones.
Multimedia Development Billerica, MA
employee (Current Employee), Billerica, MAMarch 19, 2013
Pros: sip/ims - growth market - solid engineering team
The R&D team in Billerica is hiring a lot. There is an on-site recruiter who moves quickly and provides solid information about the company and the job. Not just a paper pusher - but someone who knows technology. Interview process is streamlined and you get feedback. The Billerica group is set apart from the legacy business and focuses on Session Border Controllers and media gateways - the product line has strong growth! Looks like a great company!
typical large company mindset
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 15, 2013
Pros: worked from home
Not a great place for R&D work. Upper management are not very truthful.
The ultimate joke
GBer (Current Employee), DallasNovember 16, 2012
Pros: salaries
Cons: transparent leadership, sinking business, an ongoing layoff machine
Execs extremely self-centered and egotistical. They preach they care about employees but their actions are contradictory. The whole executive team seems to live in Stepford.

The legacy GB people are far from business-savvy. Lip-service focus on proper process integration after acquisitions taxes employees.

Layoffs do 2 things for GB - they improve their margin and they help fund lavish trips to far-away places for executives who don't deserve them.

Simple piece of advice - don't go anywhere near this company. You've been forewarned.
A growing company.
Sr. Director Business Operations (Former Employee), Frisco, TexasSeptember 17, 2012
Even with the continuous acquisitions of companies GENBAND continues to grow.
GENBAND is a great place to work as a contractor.
Contractor (Former Employee), RTP, NCAugust 24, 2012
Pros: genband is great place to work.
Cons: getting instructor time for reviewing content.
A typical day at work included developing courses for GENBAND's new Class 5 network.

I learned to use Camtasia for self-paced instruction.

The project managers were great and the Instructors (Subject Matter Experts) were very knowledgeable. All of these folks were extremely helpful throughout the project.

My co-worker was awesome. We worked separately on our assigned courses, but, worked together on the final course project. We met out deadlines!

The hardest part of the job was getting Instructor time for reviewing content. The Instructors were constantly teaching!

I was able to work from home and went into the office as needed, usually once or twice a week. Working from home was the most enjoyable part of the job. This allowed me to work without interruptions. The 40 hour work week was flexible as long as I worked 40 hours each week. Sometimes, I worked over the 40 hours as needed on the project (on my own time).
Toxic Work Enviornment
Account Executive (Former Employee), Plano, TXAugust 13, 2012
Pros: great co-workers and customer
Cons: constant concern that your job will soon end
Genband is a company with talented employees that are plagued with constant concern regarding the next layoff. The turnover rate in customer facing sales and other positions is extremely high with most sales team members being in their positions 3 years or less. The company is built on mergers and acquisitions of companies with revenue streams or potential followed by large layoffs (Nortel CVAS, Nextpoint and Aztek are recent examples). The technology acquired in these acquisitions is 90% wireline and legacy systems that service providers are migrating AWAY from. In the backdrop of all of this drama, upper management is spending on lavish offsite meetings that, at least in the past, included family members while employees suffer through austerity programs. If you are working for this company, use the opportunity to find employment elsewhere before being affected by their next layoff.
Good work environment, IT management is questionable
Manager - Application Development (Former Employee), Plano, TXAugust 9, 2012
There was always a question whether the CIO did due diligence on the development environment
Good Company
Senior Manager of Corporate Accounting (Current Employee), Frisco, TXJuly 28, 2012
Good Company to work for.
Work / Life balance could be better.
Management and Corporate Culture is very positive.
VoIP leader, Customer focused
Director, Business Development, Verizon Account (Current Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCJuly 18, 2012
Good company for people who focus on VoIP and the telecom industry.
Great working level people and flexible work environment
Sales Engineer - TDM, VoIP, & All GENBAND Products (Former Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCJune 6, 2012
Pros: can work from home and work when you want
Cons: worked 70 hours per week with little time for vacation
I liked the people I worked with and the customers, but the work load was becoming too much at 70 hours per week, working on vacation and constant change to processes and products to learn as well.
Extremely fast growing company
Director Corporate Finance (Current Employee), Frisco, TXMay 31, 2012
Very challenging environment in an unstable industry (telecom).

June 8, 2012

I sure hope Genband got rid off all the bad mangers that destroyed Nortel before they bought out all the award winning systems Bell Northern Research created. By the time Nortel fired thousands of former ph.ds and Master's level people there wasn't many people left but the ones that had the political power but no brains. everyone that were talented left this industry years ago. as it destroyed lives.

Great employees and workplace
Senior Engineer - Product Introduction and Support (Former Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCApril 30, 2012
Pros: good work environment, set my own work schedule and pace.
Cons: continuous work force assessments, employee layoffs
I worked for Genband for 1-year and enjoyed the experience.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with so many great people.
The hardest part of the job was the continuous downsizing of employee numbers and job uncertainty. This resulted in poor employee morale.

About GENBAND

GENBAND ensures a smooth migration to next-generation networks. The company provides carrier-class networking gear that some 600 – Read more