GENCO Employee Reviews

Great place to learn and advance
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 24, 2016
Typical day was hectic but fun you can learn any job you like and train for it the only issue is that the company doesnt always pay accordingly. Some management was helpful others were not so helpful co workers had clicks but I wasnt a part of any I stayed close to management because thats what I was aiming for, hardest part of the job was not getting paid for positions applied for and was doing the job well so well to the point that business increased but pay stayed the same the most enjoyable part of the job for me was to learn as much as I wanted and to be able to train for different positions.
Pros
free products
Cons
low pay
Geat Place to work
Independent Contractor for PNC (Current Employee) –  Moorestown, NJAugust 30, 2016
Great place to work if you don't mind putting a lot of mileage on your car and being in your car for at least 4 hrs. I'm looking for a second job and hopefully not a third, so I can afford my bills. It does pay more than most jobs but you will owe taxes at the end of the year and the job is now part time. I love the job but mileage and pay is very important to me. Especially if I'm going to have a my own place and take care of all my needs.
Pros
reimberse you for your tolls, most of the employees are wonderful, management does try to work with your schedule to the best of their abilities, they try to accommodate your disabilites
Cons
no benefits, no sick time, no paid holiday time, no gas or miliage reimbersements, no company car, mantence you pay and take care of your self
Fun work place
Operations Management Lead (Current Employee) –  Tobyhanna, PASeptember 25, 2016
This is a great company to work for but when busy season is around they can mandate you to work on your days off without much notice and if you have prior arrangements made and don't show they give you a point. Once you receive 8points your terminated
Pros
Employee appreciation day, holiday meals etc.
Cons
Mandatory OT without much notice and pount given uf you had prior arrangements somewhere else
Team work/ Employee-temp care, Went out the window.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  New Galilee, P.A.September 27, 2016
I am a formal employee, when I started I absolutely loved the teamwork between the whole company. But new management came in and THEY DON'T CARE NOW!!
Pros
25-30 lunch break/if your allowed that day.
Cons
Management treats temps/employee's like slaves, they will change your schedule and position without notice and if you do not agree, they just dump you to the streets!!
Great pay, advanced quickly and family enviroment.
Third Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INJuly 5, 2016
I started out sorting dvds for redox then moved to warby Parker when we had started their shipping and receiving. Within a month I was in charge of 3rd shift for labor management and work flow management. Our shift became a family which helped with the 60+ hour weeks and allowed for a successful start up. In the six months I was there, I learned a lot on how to lead and what it takes to become successful. The pay is great and there are always opportunities to advance and continue learning. Even though you start through a temp service, you can get hired on if you show up everyday and show constant growth.
Pros
Pay, Advancement, and Family enviroment
Cons
Long hours with a lot of OT, point system for attendance.
overall, a pretty good place to work.
Lift Truck Operator (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILJune 23, 2016
Pay scale is above what other warehouses in the Gateway Commerce Drive complex is paying. Makes it very hard to get a job in any other fields. They expect you to continually move. They have a very tight productivity standard. They take pride in being the #1 facility in the Genco/Unilever pool of warehouses. They are very proud of their overall achievements as a continually growing and changing company. It is a very people friendly company. Everyone gets along well with fellow teammates and Management Team.
Pros
plenty of sick time, (emergency time) and you get perfect attendance hours.
Cons
very tight productivity scale.
easy going place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 14, 2016
Genco is a wonderful place to work for the staff are genuine and professionals. they teach you how to do your job properly and safe. friendly place to be and get work done. the best part is you are given a task to do and you are responsible for getting it done.you can kind of be your own boss in your area of work.
Pros
socialize with others while working
Cons
shorts breaks
Would have liked a better work to life balance
Operation manager / General manager (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJune 29, 2016
Great work place for teammates, but somewhat hostel to management level. Worked long hours and went 197 days without a day off ( 7 days a week ) lost my personal self during this time. Needed to step back and find a job that will let me have that balance back, you are mental no good without that balance.
Pros
care about teamates
Cons
takes up a lot of your personal time
Worse place ever
International Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Gates Center, NYMay 29, 2016
Take a job be sure you realize life outside is not a priority to them, team lead in international don't work overtime but everyone else has to. Training terrible, family members hired within with GM being closely related . They prey on being all about safety yet team lead and family member 1st to violate and dnt dare say anything or you re out the door. Definitely problems within that place . They wonder why new employees dnt work out.
Pros
Nice emplyees lower level only
Cons
Terrible management and team lead dnt have a clue on international
horrible place to work.
Assembler II (Former Employee) –  DWF Ft.worth txAugust 14, 2016
Worked at DW4 Ft Worth Tx and it was the worst job ever. The management is so unprofessional , the trainers are very rude, disrespectful and don't know what there doing. If you complain to a supervisor or HR, all they do is make excuses for them and you become a target.
Pros
Day go's buy fast
Cons
Very unprofessional and waste of time..
high stress, low reward.
LTO (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILMay 18, 2016
Unless you're in the office kiss your family goodbye, you won't be seeing much of them. HR is the worst I've ever seen. You can have a perfect work record with this company but still not be rewarded with job bids because you're not friends with HR. Favoritism runs rampant. Several supervisors are unqualified for their position and it shows.
The pay is decent for the work performed. Time off is good.(don't expect the days you want off unless you're a favorite) Clean warehouse, decent equipment.
We are called teammates but there is very little teamwork.
So if you want to work your life away for a company that could care less about you or your family, this is the place for you!
Pros
decent pay. time off
Cons
work schedule, poor management, mandatory ot
Bad work environment
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILMay 17, 2016
The production part of the day is not bad. I've learned that in the work place you can't trust anything that management tells you. Management is horrible there's no good leadership there. The co-workers are good people to work with. The management makes the job hard because they come up with rules to be acceptable to them personally and not the work place. Most enjoyable part of the job is the co-workers.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
short breaks, bad management team
If the GM likes you your in
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 8, 2016
If the GM likes you your in not very good management and it was fast past environment, company didn't care much for their employees. We had 3 brakes through the day, not ever good connection with the supervisor. Had to many cuts and bruises when the day was over. they don't care much about safety or there employee's .u, your in.
Terrible Company
Burn Table Operator (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNJune 24, 2016
They fired an employee that worked there for 2 and a half years, because he accidentally switched his 50 cent snack cake with another employees. He even offered to pay him back because it was just a misunderstanding, but the company instantly terminated him. Terrible company. Terrible management. Plenty of better jobs out there.
Warehouse worker(logistics)
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 28, 2016
• Prepare and complete orders for delivery or pickups according to schedule (pick, unload, label, store).
• Receive and process warehouse stock products (pick, unload, label, store).
• Perform inventory controls and keep quality standards high for audits.
• Keep a clean and safe work environment and optimize space utilization.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Pay
this company in small and at times unorganized
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMay 17, 2016
small
unorganized
while i was there seemed like everyone was dragging there feet
no overtime for office clerks

for the most part supervisors and coworkers were funny and had a good vibe
Pros
plenty or work, free coffee, free eating utencils and anything you need even ketchup mustard anything
Cons
small and at time unorganized
Hoping for a better work environment
Returns Receiver (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXSeptember 12, 2016
A typical day consists of analyzing incoming phones, assisting co-workers, training co-workers. Job work/life balance is challenging due to mandatory overtime (10 hours everyday) and every Saturday.
Pros
Early shift
Cons
Mandatory overtime everyday and every Saturday
very flexible work hours
Accounts Specialist (AP & AR) (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJuly 5, 2016
great people that work well together
had lots of department fun (such as WII tournaments and food days)
Halloween was especially fun
all departments decorated their isles and employee children can over lunch to trick or treat
Pros
fun events within the department
Cons
communication
fun place to worke for but the mandatory days were too much
IPhone Level II Cosmetics Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 6, 2016
nice place where you will learn new skills with a friendly team to guide you.. the management and the supervisor are helpful and they will do everything to make your life easier provided that you are good in your job
Good lace to work but poorly managed
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INJune 27, 2016
The experience working at GENCO was a good one, but it was poorly managed. They do not hire they just keep you working there as a "Temp" until they want to get rid of you. Co-workers were awesome people. They were helpful and great to be around/
Cons
They dont hire after a certain amount of time.