GENE B. GLICK COMPANY Employee Reviews

Good place to start
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Northern IndianaJune 30, 2017
I was fortunate and got my start in the industry at a Glick community. In my 5 years things took a turn for the worse and just went down hill. Your work ethic and dedication or committment didnt matter after a while. If you weren't hanging out at the regionals house after hours you were no longer "the right person on the bus" so they let you go. I watched good people turn lazy and bad cause they could get away with it as long as they baked cookies and drank wine with the regional. So sad. Corporate was blind to it which is also very unfortunate.
Pros
Established company with decent reputation
Cons
Upper management us so withdrawn that they have no idea what goes on at the site level
A company that cares about it's employees
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 3, 2017
This company is amazing. Truly different than others that I have worked for. Benefits are great, and their bonus incentive is very good. They tend to actually care about their employees. At a first meeting with our region, I sat on a table with about 40 people. 75% of those employees had been with the company for over 10 years. That speaks a lot of words. Great culture
Pros
100% vested in the 401K from day 1, and they match 120% up to 7% of your salary.
Cons
some areas may not have as many properties
Senior Property Manager supervising staff of 14 and oversight of over 3 million square feet of commercial space.
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 25, 2016
Fortune 500 company. Opportunities were available. Work environment provided empowerment to perform your job with minimum of direct oversight. Learn a lot from the group. Supervisors were approachable and knowledgeable.
Pros
Lots of opportunities to do a variety of tasks and the resources to complete them.
Bs management
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis IndianaJuly 26, 2016
Well one of the people that lived on property where I work at that worked for click was awesome. The management. Supervisor for maintenance was BS I told them straight from the gate that I have children and I have appointments for my children and sometimes I would be late they said oh that'll be fine. But I guess when they told me that that was a bunch of BS. And it was okay for management and the maintenance supervisor to be late that was fine but the lower-level technicians as myself not so much but that's okay karma is a Fickle beast what comes around goes around I'm sure Gene B Glick would be rolling over in his grave. And if they were the last job on Earth I would go on welfare....... and from the time I started that's all I heard about was my maintenance supervisor complaining about my pay level...
Pros
There was no pros at this company it was sad and it saddens me that you can go into work there
Cons
The residents paying a high price for those rate ars Apartments
Terrible experience
Sales (Former Employee) –  IndianaMarch 27, 2016
Management plays favorites with residents and bullies residents that draw attention to concerns.... to the point of making false accusations. The police come on a regular basis. This usually happens when management overlooks a residents indiscretions. Never mind the managements indiscretions... As long as the apartments are full, the corporate management doesn't care. Three employees terminated in less then a year at the same complex, for trying to do the right thing, can't be wrong. What is right is not always popular. If you decide to work here, you are going to have to look the other way and keep your mouth shut.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Unethical, unfair, and isolating
Great Company...but watch your back!!
technician (Former Employee) –  IndianaNovember 26, 2015
Length of service, hard work, dedication means little to management in this company. Employees have access to what is called a hot line, so anyone who wishes to file any kind of grievance, be it ever so tiny has the right to do so. Those tiny grievances have a way of morphing into terminations...because upper management will dig into it until their nails bleed. Its as if they have a "fire employee" quota or something they have to meet. In short..great company...but watch your back.
Good family oriented company
Maintenance and Repair Worker (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INNovember 9, 2015
The wages paid were competitive for my area. The benefits were good. Management was very friendly and focused on a good working environment.
Pros
Laid back work enviorment, fun job
Cons
Health insurance was not the best, gas mileage and on call compensation was inadequete.
Many Ways to Learn and Grow!
Associate Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 1, 2015
Gene B Glick is a larger property management company. With the company being larger it provides many different avenues to grow your skill-set and career. The company operates like small family business, so employees feel valued. I would recommend Gene B Glick.
The Glick Bus
Past employee (Former Employee) –  IndianapolisApril 18, 2015
The motto is get the right people in the right seats on the bus. Who is driving the bus? What is the price people pay to stay on the bus? How does accountability factor into these bus decisions? And how the accountability factor weighted in these bus decisions?

A sense of integrity to right principle has lost its way here.
Pros
A lot of company functions
Cons
Honesty, integrity, ethics, loyalty
Don't Work For
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INDecember 16, 2014
Maintenance crew does trash pickup? Hire a groundskeeper for that like most big companies do. The super has his pets & they do nothing but ride around in a truck & watch the workers or their in the office flirting with the office staff or shopping at stores on company time for themselves, They need to watch their management more closely. They hire people when their busy then find some lame excuse to lay them off when there unit numbers are down. If you don't mind being back stabbed by your co-workers then you will enjoy this job.
Cons
Good work environment, bad coworkers
groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Lorton, VAJuly 11, 2014
The groundskeeper picks up trash does minor repairs to property. Landscaping, painting, drywall repair, and plumbing repair are contracted out to subcontractors. The physical environment is nice. Management was ok, sometimes unresponsive to problems. Supervisor and coworkers two-faced,backstabbing, trying to throw each other under the bus. Many tools and supplies are not provided to do job, such as fasteners.
Pros
fairly good management nice work environment
Cons
backstabbing, lack of supplies to do job.
good residents
Maintenance Technician II (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 7, 2014
mostly easy going
HVAC Certification
Bad Management
co workers was highly skilled
inconsistant work habits
residents
Pros
great maintenance supervisor
Cons
upper management
it's a big company
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 27, 2013
The best part of the job is dealing with the residents. The hardest part is trying to change the property around.
GOOD Company
ASSISTANT PROPERTY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INJune 25, 2013
manager not so good
everything else about the company and job was great