Gene Juarez Salons & Spas Employee Reviews

Relaxed but ran very unprofessionally
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAOctober 1, 2017
Started working and loved the idea of being in the world of makeup and hair but overtime I started to realize the call center is exactly what I anticipated people are super disrespectful( management) I started noticing if you had a issue with someone truly that is what it is nobody cares and nothing gets done about it. There is favorites there is backstabbers etc this would be a great job for someone who likes drama and low class.... I honestly say I met some decent people there who now have moved on and I see why. If you work hard you expect to be treated as such but then again there are Haters everywhere I moved on because my blessing is yet to come good luck to you all who apply just make sure you stay to yourself at all times. God bless Smoochies 😉
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Management, Gossip, Drama, Etc
Gene Juarez Salon & Spas
Customer Service Specialist & Spa Hostess (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 27, 2017
Working here was a different experience. I had many good and bad experiences with customers and employees. First working there management was great, then she transferred and then it went downhill.

Things were very unorganized, communication was inconsistent, and it turned to be a negative environment for me to work at.
Worst group of mangers
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 31, 2017
Managers have their favorite employees, if you aren't one of them they will treat you like trash. Employees like to gossip about other employees. Directer of call center is very sweet.
Pros
Salon and Spa discounts
Cons
Manangement
Horrible work environment; incompetent management team
Master Colorist (Former Employee) –  Northgate, WAAugust 8, 2017
This company has done nothing but slander my name and lie. I was accused of stealing and then proven innocent after being suspended for more than 2 days unpaid
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAApril 30, 2017
Amazing apprenticeship opportunity for the right fit. Friendly coworkers and management. Job requires a lot of standing. Great learning experience. Loved interacting with customers.
Pros
customer service
Cons
a lot of standing
Fun place to work and help people
Call Center Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Mountlake Terrace, WAApril 24, 2017
Easy people to work with, flexible hours. Management knowledge able. Hardest part of the job is repetition, easiest part of the job is helping people and data entry system.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
can be a bit tiring due to repetitive work
Great Place to gain skills and Leadership Experience
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 7, 2017
I worked for this company for several years. During my time there I was a supervisor. I was given the opportunity to grow and take on additional responsibilities.
Great people and great continuing education
Hair Designer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 25, 2017
I worked there for 24 years and feel like I got the best out of them. Economy hit hard during the last 12 years made it difficult to grow. Good job security.
Pros
Don't need to come with a clientele
Cons
Competing with many others, being ambitious will get you everything
Easy going work environment
Standing Coordinator/Manager (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WANovember 18, 2016
The work environment is pretty laid back. I would recommend it to anyone who is looking to get their foot in the door for an office job. Its very easy to get into.
Pros
Easy going, Not hard
Cons
benefits are lacking
"Family"
Designer (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WASeptember 29, 2016
They claim that we are all "One big happy family". Just remember we all have our differences, and siblings fight. This time you can't lock yourself in your room to get away from them. Things escalate quickly, so don't get on someone's bad side.
Fun co-workers, but very slow work enviorment.
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mountlake Terrace, WAJune 17, 2016
Loved the industry. Very crazy hours so almost impossible to have a life other than work, not flexible. Only can get promoted based on how long you have been there, not on who actually deserves it. Some of the artists tend to have an attitude towards you, most are fun and enjoyable. Co-workers were fun, some felt very entitled because they have been working there longer than you. The front desk manager was a great guy who truly cares about his employees.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
Boring, hard to move up.
Productive but not good but pay
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAFebruary 29, 2016
A lot of thieving in the work place. Whether it was guest whose money got taken from their purse while getting services and co workers personal items being taken in the staff break room. Nothing was done about the missing items at all.
General management didn't report some missing reports because they didn't believe it was stolen.
Play a lot of favorites to some staff.
Supervisor is very rude and unprofessional.
General management is also unprofessional and isn't capable of filling their job requirements, rude and has many unnecessary offensive comments to staff.
Pay is really low and benefits are extremely expensive.
No room to grow.
Not understanding of pregnancy complications (natural body functions)
Bathrooms are disgusting and aren't cleaned regularly with foul smell makes you not want to use the bathroom.
Break and staff room always smelt like the garbage can and was never cleaned.
Schedule was never put out on time.
Schedule was always done to benefit the upper management. Especially during the holidays.
Last minute meetings ex. night before thanksgiving at 8:30pm
Training was very confusing and wasn't done well.
Complaints about rude staff were never dealt with and caused two people to leave due to lack of respect and professionalism in work place.
Some things were okay to be done by one person but not the other. For example supervisor could leave early multiple times in a short period of time and others would get written up for it.
Don't get your raises when you are supposed to or at all.
I could write many things all day about this company
  more... but I rather not waste anymore of my time.  less
Pros
Discounted services
Cons
Low pay, lack of respect to staff, a lot of thieves.
Busy and upbeat work environment.
Manager/Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAOctober 10, 2015
Work with and helped manage over 150 employees with 40 + on staff at any given time. The company is all about the "experience" and treating clients as 'guests.' Although the job itself is upbeat and continuously demanding, the goal was to provide a peaceful and relaxing experience for each guest. Involved with scheduling, resolving client issues, payroll, growing and managing operations team, and improving customer service daily.
Pros
Complimentary spa/salon services, staff.
Cons
paid for parking, large tunrover
Fun environment, great perks
Client Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  WAAugust 28, 2015
People who love the beauty industry will love it here! Great product discounts, salon and spa service discounts, and fun, creative coworkers. Professional empowerment is important to the company and they are supportive of you bettering yourself.
Pros
Heavy product discounts, almost free services, fun coworkers
Cons
Low starting pay
A great place to work
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 28, 2015
Gene Juarez is a great place to work. Positive environment with a high energy level and a great looking group of people to work with everyday. Always looking for the good in their staff and try to bring out the best in them everyday. Quality above the rest in the industry, They have standards that smaller salons do not. They offer continuing education free of charge to help you be the best at what you do every day. 10 locations to choose from all so unique and different in their own way.
Pros
Bumpable services and product discounts
Cons
It's a retail position which includes nights and weekends to make money
Excellent Work Environment, Great Job
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Bellevue WaAugust 28, 2015
My employment here has been a great opportunity. The work environment is fantastic, everything feels in control and working efficiently. Coworker are nice and the general since of the place is a growth culture helping everyone grow in their careers. If you get the change to work at Gene Juarez, I highly recommend it.
Pros
Access to free training services, Fun coworkers.
Cons
Music isn't really my speed.
It's ok
Massage Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJune 29, 2015
Under paid support staff and very high-turnover. inexperienced and young management. Not enough staff to effectively deal with clients and staff concerns.
Pros
Co-wokers
Cons
management, pay
Fun Work Environment
Corporate Office (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJune 9, 2015
I've learned how to juggle multiple tasks at once and great time management skills. I have also learned to go with the flow because things can change so quickly. My Co workers are amazing!! I have fun at work most days because of my great manager and co workers. I have a passion for for beauty industry so its a great fit for me.
Pros
Extra food and snacks. Salon and Spa benefits!
Cons
Low Pay
Worst call center/managers to work for
supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJune 5, 2015
The managers in the call center are like working with high school kids! They have favorites and if you aren't one of the favorites you can expect a horrible schedule, being treated like you're stupid if you ask a question, the managers will talk about you with your co workers. The call center has a huge turn over which says a lot about the management staff.
Pros
Discounts on services
Cons
Horrible pay, unprofessional management, if they find you annoying they will find a reason to fire you
Very unprofessional management
Client reservation specialist (Former Employee) –  bellevueJune 4, 2015
I worked In the call center for a total of 2months, before it was very clear that was NOT the place for me. The management is very unprofessional they are only helpful if you know them personally. The employees are not friendly at all and look at new hires like caged animals.I would never work in the call center for Gene Juarez again. (Totally different experience In salon I would go there any time)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gene Juarez Salons & Spas. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7