Genentech

Genentech Employee Reviews

amazing team work
Equipment Preparation Technician (Former Employee), South San Francisco, CAMay 26, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Parties and Ballgames . Very pleasant offsites.
Cons: Falling behind becase of machinery issues.
Days for me averaged 13 plus hours a day, Rotating 3 days for one week and 4 days for the next, with corresponding days off. We started each shift with morning stretches. Pre work meetings were routine so that we were aware of everyone's assigned tasks for day. Management required scheduled updates and was always to our avail. The co-workers were solid team players and had a built in habit of assisting others when their particular tasks were completed early. The hardest part of the job would be mechanical delays or breakdowns all together. Most enjoyable I have to say are the people I worked with. Some of the most positive people I've had the pleasure to associate myself with.
Challenging
Instrumentation Technician (Current Employee), South San FranciscoMay 17, 2015
Genentech is a biotech company that specializes in large scale production molecules in a GMP environment. The governing bodies for this organization include the FDA.
Great company and benefits.
Senior Administrative Associate (Current Employee), South San Francisco, CAMay 5, 2015
Love working here but management needs to change, benefits and culture are great. Offers bus service throughout the Bay Area.
Productive place to work thats knows how to treat their employees
Aseptic Filling Technician (Current Employee), South San Francisco, CAApril 29, 2015
• Help ensure the quality of Genentechs’ products by constantly practicing sterile techniques
• Assist in aseptic processing filtering and filling of Genentech’s products
• Occasionally oversee the capping process of vials
• Experienced Autoclave, Ultrasonic operator
• Perform numerous vial inspections
• Work with mQA in verifying proper documentation
• Well versed in SOP’s and GMP’s
Looks good on resume
Quality Control Associate I (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 9, 2015
This company is a good company if you're looking to retire and only have one job your entire life but if you want advancements you will never get them here. But it is a resume booster.
Love This Place
INTAKE SPECIALIST (Former Employee), South San Francisco, CAApril 9, 2015
Pros: Some free lunches and yes free coffee.
Cons: short breaks & health care
I really enjoyed working at Genentech! A typical day was working the the call center and getting the patients or doctor the information they needed or getting them to a case manager to further assess the patient's or doctor's case file. I learned how it feels to have a great support team and that everyone is looking out for the next person.
Senior Research Associate, Pathology, gRED (Current Employee), South San FranciscoApril 4, 2015
Great place to work. Patients focused, excellent science, great colleagues, collaboration, excellent products, nice location. Little complicated structure under Roche management. Difficult to understand overall product/project development.
k
Case Manager (Current Employee), South San Francisco, CAApril 3, 2015
Nice place to work, they take the time to train you for the position and also they make sure the each transition is smoothly done.
good
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee), Vacaville, CAMarch 29, 2015
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer We are regularly recognized as leaders in the biotechnology industry. We also receive recognition and awards for our overall performance as a company, our dynamic workplace culture, our contributions to the community and our patient advocacy. Here are some of our most recent achievements.
Intern (Former Employee), South San FranciscoMarch 20, 2015
It's a Great place to work with highly motivated researchers. It can be very competitive so you always have to be on top of things.
nice
Validation Engineer- Cleaning (Current Employee), south san franciscoMarch 20, 2015
Perfect!!!! it is fun to work here, great work culture. its been 2 months and learned a lot from the GMP environment a highly enforced validation stratagies
Administration / Project Coordinator
Project Coordinator - Manufacturing Projects (Former Employee), south san francisco, CAMarch 19, 2015
Great perks, many opportunities for growth with the amount of classes offered to develop and enhance skills. Communication with upper mgmt. was a challenge however where you have people, you have communication challenges.
Genentech
Project Manager (Former Employee), South San Francisco, CAMarch 6, 2015
Pros: the work was very interesting and we were helping people for the greater good.
Cons: tense working environment, very competitive, not very friendly, a lot of game playing.
Great company to work for. Typical day was implementing SAP MM to migrate data from BPKS and POMS to new platform.

I learned a great deal about how Phama is created and chemicals interact with each other.

Co-workers were tense and worried about loosing there jobs so that made them very competitive and not very trusting of new people.

Most enjoyable part of the job. I enjoyed the "Ho Ho's". They were a lot of fun because we could invite our family and friends.
Great Company to work for
Material Handler (Former Employee), South San Francisco, CAMarch 5, 2015
Pros: great work environment and nice people to work with
Cons: does not hire permanent employees. choses to hire temporary service employees only
Work at Genentech as a Contractor. Met very nice people and Genentech .A very good work environment and culture. Enjoyed my time working there and would love the opportunity to work for them , and again if a permanent opportunity was available.
A good balance of work
Scientist (Current Employee), South San Francisco, CAMarch 4, 2015
Pros: people, balance work/life, schedule, transportation
Cons: being a contractor employee
Working here at Genentech in my department is pretty balanced when it comes to working. As long as you complete you're work, the day goes by pretty smoothly and I am fortunate enough to have a good team that I work with.
Challenging but always learning
CASE MANAGER (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 1, 2015
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: sometimes lack of consistency
Even though there are many challenges, as an employee you will always be challenged to learn new things and stretch yourself to work outside your comfort zone.
Associate Supervisor in Contracts Repository (Former Employee), South San Francisco, CAFebruary 19, 2015
Excellent benefits and pay. Excellent work life balance. The company is management heavy and they regularly ignore their management responsibilities. Job culture has a negative atmosphere where individuals are always on guard about offending others and negative repercussions.
Great place for science and break through medicine
Associate Director (Current Employee), South San FranciscoFebruary 17, 2015
They hire very "book smart" scientists and rely heavily on research and development. They have had the luxury of not needing tough sales, marketing or managed care strategies as they have typically been first in class. Most commercial employees are also "book smart" and Ivy League MBAs.
QA Selenium Lead
Onsite Coordinator & Lead (Current Employee), SFO CAFebruary 16, 2015
Manual and Automation testing (UI Automation)
• Manual Testing, Automation Testing using Selenium (Web Driver) and Java, Oracle SQL, QC or HP ALM, Web services testing using Soap UI & REST Client
• Having comprehensive knowledge in Agile Methodology, SDLC and STLC, SQA Methodology and tools to implement effective and efficient solutions to maintain customer/client satisfaction
• Currently working as an onsite coordinator and lead role in Genentech client projects, SFO, USA
• Utilize knowledge of Java to create automation test scripts
• Developed test scripts to automate process of testing in Selenium WebDriver and TestNG framework
• Experienced in Data Base testing, Smoke testing, Sanity testing, Integration testing, System testing, UA testing, E2E testing and Regression testing
• Experience in QA
No Room For Growth/Not good management
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), South San Francisco, CAFebruary 12, 2015
I seriously would not recommend anyone to work in my department. For as long as the Sr. Admin is still here, you won't learn a thing. She's afraid of losing her job, so she doesn't want her counterpart to know what she knows. I've complained to the director that I literally have nothing to do all day and nothing has been done. I have learned nothing. Nothing was enjoyable here. When I first started, I would always ask if she needed help with something or if she needed me to do anything. At the time, she was doing expense reports. She then told me that I couldn't do it because I was a contractor and contractors aren't allowed to do expense reports. That was a lie. After a little digging and research, I found out that ALL admins are required to do this and contractors are allowed to do this. I feel like I'm walking on eggshells all day here with her. What kind of work life is that. 1 1/2 years and I'm not free to say what I want. This lady is so sensitive and takes things too personally. Well, meaning if she does take offense, she must be doing something wrong.

1 2 3 4 5

About Genentech

Genentech, Inc. (Genentech) is a biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes pharmaceutical – Read more

Genentech Salaries