Genentech Employee Reviews

Great research and development environment
Summer intern (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 19, 2015
Great research and development environment. Fantastic facilities.
Innovative discussions. Collaborative environment.
NIce
Market Planning Analyst (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 14, 2015
Very Nice company with great benefits and growth opportunities. Very Nice company with great benefits and growth opportunities.
Stellar place to work, the best!
Scientist, Biochemical and Cellular Pharmacology (Current Employee), South San Francisco, CAAugust 13, 2015
Pros: All pros
Cons: No work life balance
Genentech is fantastic, I am just looking for a new position that is more individualized where I can be closer to patient care.
Whse Assoc. Mgr./Inventory Mgmt Specialist - MRO (Current Employee), South San Francisco, CAAugust 13, 2015
Great place to work, Diverse and friendly and there is plenty of training and collaboration. Great teamwork and drive. Genentech truly does attract professional people that want to work hard. The rewards to employee's is really great as well.
Contractor
Procurement Service Specialist I (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 12, 2015
I was not there for a very long time. I was only a contractor. What I can say is they seem to treat their employees pretty well
productivity, growth and learning with a supportive manager
Senior Administrative Associate (Former Employee), South San FranciscoAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Beautiful environment. High tech. Lots to learn. Great tech support
Cons: corporate culture.
Massive change since the merger. It is still a great company, but the culture has changed tremendously.
It all depends on which department and what people you work with.
Fun workplace
Technician (Current Employee), Hillsboro, ORAugust 8, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: temp
management treat their people well, theres always new things to learn and challenges and but fun workplace, co-workers are nice and very helpful when it comes to training and work environment.
Micromanaged
CTM (Former Employee), South San Francisco, CAAugust 4, 2015
I thought this place was different from other Biotechs. They work you to death and do not pay you well. Lots of politics for a small department in a big company. Top heavy.
Overall great place to work.
Senior Research Technician (Former Employee), South San Francisco, CAJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Career Growth
A great balance of lab and office work. Allow place that allow
s you to be innovative and creative while applying your knowledge and expertise to collaborate with others to meet critical timelines and goals.
Top 10 Companies to Work for in the US
HR-SR. Benefits Analyst (Current Employee), Little Falls, NJJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Excellent Benefits/Vacation
Great company, organizational culture, focus on patients and people.
Managers are committed to an employees learning and development.
Senior Scientific Researcher (Current Employee), South San FranciscoJuly 21, 2015
Great place to work. Cutting edge technology. Good access to resources. Beautiful campus and nice cafeterias. I learn new things every day.
great benefits and good people to work with
Case Manager, Access Solutions (Current Employee), South San Francisco, CAJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Ample Vacation time
Cons: A lot of work and not enough staff
I enjoy the group of people I work with. They are hard working and dedicated to the patients. The company provides a great benefit package and believes strongly in a work/life balance. There are some really great managers that are very supportive and want to see you succeed.
Very hard to become a permanent employee
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee), South San Francisco, CAJuly 15, 2015
I worked there as a temp. The job was not difficult and I enjoyed it. But this company had very few permanent employees. Most were temps.
A Member of the Roche Group (Former Employee), South S.F., CAJuly 14, 2015
Genentech is one of the best companies to work for in the Bay Area. The total compensation is exemplary and there are many opportunities to volunteer and give back to the community.
Wonderful job with benefits and no advancement opportunities
Senior Meeting Associate (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 6, 2015
I love what I do at Genentech on a day-to-day basis. They are supportive of a work/life balance and the perks are excellent. In my department there is very little room to grow or advance and I feel that I have reached my full potential in this role.
Great work environment and culture
Commercial Bulk/Fill technician assigned (Former Employee), South San Francisco, CAJune 30, 2015
Pros: Coworkers felt like team mates
Genentech was a great company to work for since quality was engrained into the culture. The products that were released to the public were the purest and most potent form of medication available to patients in need. Standard Operating Procedures always preceded tasks which always made completing assignments and duties to a checklist always ensured product quality. Genentech has a great understanding of providing employees the opportunity to grow and excel. It was a an outstanding work environment where workspaces became teams and each coworker provided their strengths. The most enjoyable part of my experience working for Genentech was the ever changing and dynamic environment and the abilitiy to reach deadlines at the same time ensuring quality products.
A good manager can make this trial worthwhile, but a bad one...?
Safety Associate (Current Employee), san franciscoJune 24, 2015
Good people in general. Contractors treated as outcasts. Management is non-existent - they use staff to perform their duties. If you are an emotional robot, this might not be too horrible. Beautiful campus. Good attempts to be a Green company.
very fun and productive
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), South San Francisco, CAJune 10, 2015
I love this job. the client was nice and sweet, and the work load was ok. I enjoyed my time with the client. but I had to leave due to moving purposes
Nice place to work. Benefits/ culture are good.
Project Manager (Current Employee), South San FranciscoJune 6, 2015
Pros: Culture, development opportunities
Cons: Low salary
Focused on development and opportunities for advancement. More of a traditional company, lacking a bit of innovation. Salaries are not as competitive as competitors.
Friendly environment
Security Officer (Current Employee), Vacaville, CAJune 5, 2015
Did rounds, kept myself busy throughout the day.
Management was kind.
Co-workers knowledgeable and are willing to help others.
No complications pretty mellow work area.
Headquarters