Genentech Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Contract Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 12, 2017
Invests in employee development, management strives for excellence and clear communication. Offers shuttle buses and ferries to get employees to and from work, on site health services
Productive Work Flow and Awesome Culture Atmosphere
Temporary Senior Administrative Associate (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CANovember 10, 2017
This was my favorite place to work. It was unfortunate that my assignment was cut short due to unusual family circumstances at the time, however, if I had another chance to work here, I'd take it in a heartbeat.
Pros
Culture, Workflow/pace, Management, Resources
Still a good company
Senior Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vacaville, CANovember 9, 2017
The culture is rapidly changing (for the worse) with the onset of new management styles but it is still a good place to work. Good pay but very, very competetive.
Pros
good pay
Cons
culture is changing.\
Friendly and fun work place
Quality Assurance Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CANovember 9, 2017
Genentech is a great place to work. Being part of the GENENTECH team is a wonderful experience and there is always alot to learn. They also have very exciting HO-HOs 🤗
Great work/life balane
Clinical Specialist/ Field Sales Trainer (Current Employee) –  Scottdale, AZNovember 7, 2017
Gives the ability to work hard and play hard! Feels like they do truly care about you and your family, while helping support you in a great career!!!!
Great work/life balance. Great people and management
Senior Buyer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 6, 2017
A great place to work and a first class organization.Strong management that really care about your well being. Fun place to work promotions and raises are fair.
Pros
A great place to work. Great people
Cons
compensation. layoffs
Multi-product facility with hard working people.
Lead Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CANovember 3, 2017
Fast paced environment with hard working people. The working culture was that we do what we do because of the patients. People take pride in working for Genentech.
Awesome Culture, Great Science
Northeast Division Manager/Avastin (Current Employee) –  NortheastOctober 30, 2017
Coach, mentor and collaborate with Clinical Oncology Specialists, Sales Training, Cross Functional Teams, Marketing and Sales Management to maximize on–label utilization and market penetration of Avastin in multiple tumor types. Responsible for building, leading and managing the performance of a team Clinical Oncology Specialists. Collaborate with team members to develop and implement account specific business plans grounded in established strategic priorities and growth drivers. Establish and cascade role related expectations. Facilitate development of all team members with emphasis on developing high performing representatives for future leadership roles. Conduct mid-year and annual performance reviews. Lead Region and Division skill building workshops. Ensure compliance with company, FDA and OIG policies and regulations. Maintain and administer annual budget. Commitment to ongoing self-development.

Management is accessible, seasoned and fair

The culture is unique, work hard, play hard.

Hardest part of my job is motivating, coaching under-
performers

Most enjoyable part of the job is selling the science/products, developing high performers
Pros
People, Science, Products, Pipeline, Culture
Cons
Currently Downsizing
Great company, problem with internal culture
MAP Lead (Current Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAOctober 30, 2017
Great company, mission and benefits. Problem with employee turnover and hiring from the outside. Didn't do a great job retaining good employees. Would recommend the company however leadership needs to understand how to manage a company culture better.
Great place
BioOncology Cancer Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 29, 2017
words that describe the culture at Genentech are Casual Intensity. Innovation. Work hard,, play hard culture. Amazing, talented people. Good marriage thus far with Roche funding and Genentech innovation.
Pros
Work Hard/Play Hard culture
Cons

Want to know more about Genentech?

Ask a question
Innovative Biotech company
Regional Director (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 28, 2017
Fast paced with a sense of purpose to deliver life changing/saving compounds to people. Sometimes a tough place to work due to high level politics typical of most large corporations.
Fun Environment, good
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAOctober 26, 2017
Access Solutions had a lot of wonderful features but the biggest con was job security. Being in a contract position you don't expect a ton of job security, however, it felt like people would get fired from this company every other day. I began to feel like another number, rather than an equal employee. Other than this I have enjoyed my time at Genentech. The cafeteria is great. It is a very modern style office. Training is great.
Genentech
BioOncology Senior Clinical Specialist (Current Employee) –  MidwestOctober 25, 2017
Genentech is very innovative and know for their break through science in biotech. The culture is relaxed but challenging. Advancement from within the company is much more difficult than if you were applying from outside.
A Company that values its employees
Clinical Oncology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 24, 2017
The Clinical Oncology Specialist manages and develops long-term relationships with physicians and other customers for the customer accounts in the assigned territory. As such, Clinical Specialists represent the assigned Genentech brand(s) and their approved indications; helping external customers such as physicians, nurses, etc. learn about the benefits of the assigned Genentech brand(s) in relation to the applicable therapeutic area/disease state. Responsible for meeting and exceeding assigned sales targets. Develop robust territory business plans. Develop strong and long-term relationship with customers in all assigned accounts. Monitor operating costs and compliance with territory budget. Comply with all laws, regulations and policies that govern the conduct of Genentech activities.
Pros
Cons
It's located on the West Coast and I live in the Midwest
Changing Environment
Senior Clinical Oncology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 23, 2017
Due to the anticipated launch of biosimilars, Genentech is facing major changes. It's most productive days may be in the past due to fierce competition in this arena.

It has been a wonderful company to work for but due to the Roche buyout and the larger size of the workforce the company culture has eroded.
Pros
Positive culture
Cons
Losing innovation and many talented employees
great company with outstanding benefits
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAOctober 18, 2017
Highly competitive environment with elitist hiring and management practices. Culture is good however 'fun' activities and events are fabricated and forced. Highly political and unforgiving environment. Perfection rules at this science-focused company. Benefits are outstanding and training is great.
Pros
benefits, pay, and work-life balance
Cons
unforgiving, political environment with elitist mentality
Interesting
Final packaging /Inspection operator (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CA 94080October 13, 2017
It's a full-time job. The job was very productive. I love working at Genentech. Genentech knows how to treat and take care of their employees. I would love to go back to work with them.
Solid place to work
Financial Analyst, R&D Finance (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAOctober 11, 2017
I really have no clue why it requires you to type these reviews. It was a great experience I learned a lot from my time at Genentech and I'd recommend
Excellent place to work
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  SSFOctober 9, 2017
I absolutely love Genentech. I'd go back in a heart beat! My job was rewarding and I had worked with a wonderful group of people If I could give a rating of more than 5 stars I would.
Pros
Benefits, pay, schedule, leadership
Cons
Able to work effectively and meet deadlines
Quality Assurance Associate (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAOctober 5, 2017
- typical day can be manage
- able to cross train in other department
- each mgmt. is different
- workplace culture can be fair
- the hardest part of my job is having longer hours (13 hours/12 hours) or can be longer due to meetings or training after end of shift
- I enjoyed working with people, how I performed my job well, making sure documentations are clear, legible and errors free, drug products are pure, safe and effective for the patients.
Pros
Department offsite
Cons
longer hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Genentech. Our community is ready to answer.