Genentech Employee Reviews in United States

Very hard to become a permanent employee
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAJuly 15, 2015
I worked there as a temp. The job was not difficult and I enjoyed it. But this company had very few permanent employees. Most were temps.
A Member of the Roche Group (Former Employee) –  South S.F., CAJuly 14, 2015
Genentech is one of the best companies to work for in the Bay Area. The total compensation is exemplary and there are many opportunities to volunteer and give back to the community.
Wonderful job with benefits and no advancement opportunities
Senior Meeting Associate (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 6, 2015
I love what I do at Genentech on a day-to-day basis. They are supportive of a work/life balance and the perks are excellent. In my department there is very little room to grow or advance and I feel that I have reached my full potential in this role.
Great work environment and culture
Commercial Bulk/Fill technician assigned (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAJune 30, 2015
Genentech was a great company to work for since quality was engrained into the culture. The products that were released to the public were the purest and most potent form of medication available to patients in need. Standard Operating Procedures always preceded tasks which always made completing assignments and duties to a checklist always ensured product quality. Genentech has a great understanding of providing employees the opportunity to grow and excel. It was a an outstanding work environment where workspaces became teams and each coworker provided their strengths. The most enjoyable part of my experience working for Genentech was the ever changing and dynamic environment and the abilitiy to reach deadlines at the same time ensuring quality products.
Pros
Coworkers felt like team mates
A good manager can make this trial worthwhile, but a bad one...?
Safety Associate (Current Employee) –  san franciscoJune 24, 2015
Good people in general. Contractors treated as outcasts. Management is non-existent - they use staff to perform their duties. If you are an emotional robot, this might not be too horrible. Beautiful campus. Good attempts to be a Green company.
very fun and productive
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAJune 10, 2015
I love this job. the client was nice and sweet, and the work load was ok. I enjoyed my time with the client. but I had to leave due to moving purposes
Nice place to work. Benefits/ culture are good.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  South San FranciscoJune 6, 2015
Focused on development and opportunities for advancement. More of a traditional company, lacking a bit of innovation. Salaries are not as competitive as competitors.
Pros
Culture, development opportunities
Cons
Low salary
Friendly environment
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Vacaville, CAJune 5, 2015
Did rounds, kept myself busy throughout the day.
Management was kind.
Co-workers knowledgeable and are willing to help others.
No complications pretty mellow work area.
Great place but culture starting to change a little
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAJune 5, 2015
Has always been a great place because of the people and culture.
Work Life balance has started to shift more towards work after Roche culture is now growing influence.

More pressure on everyone as contributors and management to perform now. Has been little movement going upwards now even with Training and development being emphasized.
Pros
The people, the mission
Cons
Work life/balance, change in culture
fun pacle to work
CONTROL MATERIALS ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAJune 3, 2015
My boss was a great boss and caring. Always their in need. Co-workers were great. Not enough staff. Less stress at work. Big company but it is hard to get in as a full time employee.
Pros
department parties
Cons
no overtime
Great company to work if you are willing to work hard.
Clinical Trial Manager II (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAMay 27, 2015
The company takes care of its employees with lavish parties, Christmas parties. However, the employees deserve the nice benefits as
amazing team work
Equipment Preparation Technician (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAMay 26, 2015
Days for me averaged 13 plus hours a day, Rotating 3 days for one week and 4 days for the next, with corresponding days off. We started each shift with morning stretches. Pre work meetings were routine so that we were aware of everyone's assigned tasks for day. Management required scheduled updates and was always to our avail. The co-workers were solid team players and had a built in habit of assisting others when their particular tasks were completed early. The hardest part of the job would be mechanical delays or breakdowns all together. Most enjoyable I have to say are the people I worked with. Some of the most positive people I've had the pleasure to associate myself with.
Pros
Benefits, Parties and Ballgames . Very pleasant offsites.
Cons
Falling behind becase of machinery issues.
Challenging
Instrumentation Technician (Current Employee) –  South San FranciscoMay 17, 2015
Genentech is a biotech company that specializes in large scale production molecules in a GMP environment. The governing bodies for this organization include the FDA.
Great company and benefits.
Senior Administrative Associate (Current Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAMay 5, 2015
Love working here but management needs to change, benefits and culture are great. Offers bus service throughout the Bay Area.
Productive place to work thats knows how to treat their employees
Aseptic Filling Technician (Current Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAApril 29, 2015
• Help ensure the quality of Genentechs’ products by constantly practicing sterile techniques
• Assist in aseptic processing filtering and filling of Genentech’s products
• Occasionally oversee the capping process of vials
• Experienced Autoclave, Ultrasonic operator
• Perform numerous vial inspections
• Work with mQA in verifying proper documentation
• Well versed in SOP’s and GMP’s
Looks good on resume
Quality Control Associate I (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 9, 2015
This company is a good company if you're looking to retire and only have one job your entire life but if you want advancements you will never get them here. But it is a resume booster.
Love This Place
INTAKE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAApril 9, 2015
I really enjoyed working at Genentech! A typical day was working the the call center and getting the patients or doctor the information they needed or getting them to a case manager to further assess the patient's or doctor's case file. I learned how it feels to have a great support team and that everyone is looking out for the next person.
Pros
Some free lunches and yes free coffee.
Cons
short breaks & health care
Senior Research Associate, Pathology, gRED (Current Employee) –  South San FranciscoApril 4, 2015
Great place to work. Patients focused, excellent science, great colleagues, collaboration, excellent products, nice location. Little complicated structure under Roche management. Difficult to understand overall product/project development.
k
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAApril 3, 2015
Nice place to work, they take the time to train you for the position and also they make sure the each transition is smoothly done.
good
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAMarch 29, 2015
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer We are regularly recognized as leaders in the biotechnology industry. We also receive recognition and awards for our overall performance as a company, our dynamic workplace culture, our contributions to the community and our patient advocacy. Here are some of our most recent achievements.

4.2