Generac Power Systems Employee Reviews

hardworking talented people receive little recognizion
International Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIMarch 10, 2017
very busy and not enough resources, sometimes lack of long term visions and goals make the day chaotic rather than strategic
had a lot of opportunities to improve processes and identify gaps and work on growing the channel. current manager is very supportive and a great mentor
the overall work place culture is not positive- career paths and development opportunities are none existent. The overall idea is to work harder not smarter. little investment into employees or tools. poor compensation
the employees are committed and hard working, I enjoyed the challenges to grow the business
Cons
poor compensation
Good benefits
sales (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIDecember 16, 2016
Good benefits, regimented culture and not much advancement opportunities. Time off is a little bit of a battle and somewhat stuffy place to work. Very good products and service. Good place to work for some and not so good for others.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Pay is not that great
Good people bad management
NA (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIJanuary 6, 2017
The people who do the heavy lifting are good people, the problem is management. HR leadership is awful, the worst run HR group I have ever seen. Old school mentality has held back the company. No work life balance. Fellow workers openly talked about leaving.
I dont recommend
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  WAUKSHA, WIJanuary 1, 2017
Generac is a grea company on the outside but once you are in the doors you see how poorly ran it is. There is no structure and a lot of favortism
Pros
GOOD BENEFITS
Cons
POOR MANAGEMENT
Great work environment and wonderful team
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIDecember 1, 2016
I love working at Generac in Waukesha, WI. My team is wonderful to work with. I look forward to going into work every day.

I sit at a large desk in a row with my team. We design new product and I like seeing what I work on produced for customers.

Although I work on larger product I hope to have some of the smaller portable product for my own someday.
Pros
Text labs on site and manufacturing 15 minutes away
Cons
Short term disability benefits not paid by the company
Amateur Hour!
Lead Welder (Former Employee) –  Eagle, WIFebruary 2, 2017
The lack of talent is amazing! The people are overworked and now overpaid... everyone is stuck on yellow. If you want a place where it's okay to be okay than go for it! enjoy working 13 days straight and have no family life!
Pros
Benifits
Cons
People are dumber than a box of rocks
Generac Power Systems
Retail Shipping Analyst (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WIAugust 21, 2016
The company has a great culture. Employees are friendly. The HR dept has an open door policy and is quick to respond to employee needs.
Pros
Great work culture.
Cons
Limited opportunities for advancement.
fast paced detail oriented with a friendly environment
lead finished (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIJanuary 18, 2017
respected management, they knew what they were doing, and actually showed a concern toward their employees. everyone got along well, and displayed great teamwork.
decent starter job
Welder (Current Employee) –  Eagle, WIFebruary 13, 2017
Its a great place for people who are starting out in a career or are still trying to find a career. Unfortunately I do not see it as a place of a long time career.
Place to gain experience
IT (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIMarch 13, 2017
Good place to start your career to gain experience. Very high turn over rate. Pay is lower than market value. There seems to be advancement opportunities if you stick around.
Look elsewhere
Value Engineering Sales (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIDecember 20, 2016
Poor experience, huge management change over for the industrial side of the business. Mew management lacked the ability to identify the companies weaknesses.
The perfect storm may be good business for Generac.....
Customer Service Rep. (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIDecember 31, 2016
But don't expect quality customer service once you have spent your hard earned money. The company doesn't appear to care whether you are happy or not, they blow sunshine up your skirt while patting themselves on the back for a good sale.

Immediate supervisors don't seem to know their jobs and are unfriendly and unwilling to help when questions arise.

Find someone else to buy a generator from, it will save you a lot of headaches
Endless
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIJanuary 26, 2017
It seems that they don't see the problems in front of them, they have a mass exodus of people and they seem unable to correct for this or unwilling... hard to say. Either way it was better in the beginning and now it is a means to an end. I would avoid it since it seems that the mantra is becoming more about being rude and unkind in some departments rather then reasonable and personable like it used to be.
awful place to work!! company doesn't care!!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIAugust 14, 2016
I worked in customer service. Training was good. But once you started taking calls you realized you were in trouble.You were expected to take at least 100 calls a day. Less than 3 minutes per call. So forget helping anyone just shove them off to another dept. Or tell them to call their local distributor. And forget getting help from a supervisor or manager because they refuse to talk to anyone. The gimic is you tell the customer they need to fill out a complaint form, email or mail in and wait at least 3 days for a call back. Most customers hang up. I spent 9 months there and it was by far the worst job ever!! Stay away from Generac. They don't care about anyone but themselves.
Pros
Cons
stressful environment.
Ok work environment with punch press machines and turrets
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Eagle Wisconsin 53114October 17, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of unloading trucks and loading trucks. Staging materials for machinists whether it be pallets or steel for their machines. Helping transport materials for the paint line, Taking down tanks, removing scrap wood and removing scrap metal. The work I did was pretty much the same everyday, also, I was the only material handler so I did everything myself. What I learned at this job was how to consolidate and be a critical thinker. Management was ok and they never really bothered me because I did my job. Coworkers were ok but lacked teamwork and very seldom helped me. The hardest part of the job was that I had to do everything myself and, second shift left a lot of there work behind for me because they figured I didn't do that much on third shift. Honestly I didn't really enjoy this job because I could never advance once I got to the position and I couldn't really learn anything new. I like learning new things.
Pros
Never really
Cons
Short breaks and bad management on third shift, no teamwork and lots of cuts on raises, bonuses, and benefits
dirty
Wiring Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIJanuary 4, 2017
good people dirty overall it was a long time ago bad food good perks a lot of different potions there no
i dont know what else to say
No management or structure, very unprofessional work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WINovember 11, 2015
If you are looking for a job to give you a basis of professional office skills or call center experience, this is a good job to have.
I have been here for 10 months and management has changed drastically and unfortunately, not for the better. They hire mostly young female temps who would rather color, make origami birds, paint their nails and flirt with boys in other departments than do their jobs. This makes those of us who are good employees work twice as hard to pick up the slack. Also, if you just keep your head down and work hard it means nothing. If you are good at your job or volunteer for overtime they do nothing but take advantage of you. This was one of the best and worst jobs that I have ever had.
This place sucks
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Eagle, WIOctober 19, 2016
Work you to the bone no life and you have to work every saturday ... 50-55 Hrs a week normally.. You only get two 15 min brakes.... I got nothing good about this job ...They don't care about there workers
Pros
NOTHING
Cons
LOW PAYING JOB RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN
Line Assembler (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WISeptember 20, 2016
Overall the years I worked there I had a good time people were great and work was fun. The job was not to heavy and not to light but you manage with it.
Pros
Great place to work at
Cons
Short breaks
Great Company to work for
Line Supervisor (Former Employee) –  WisconsinMarch 28, 2016
I absolutely loved this job. It was a great place of employment and had great benefits. I loved that the employer was there if you ever ha any concern, and there was also plenty of room to advance, that was until the production slowed down and 2nd shift was eliminated.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Shut down 2nd shift

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Generac Power Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8