Generac Power Systems Employee Reviews

its ok, if you like to work
Regulator Assembler (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WIDecember 17, 2017
I worked here for a very long time. had great friends that I love and I miss terribly. management needs improvement. they tell you to do one thing, and you do it, its not good enough...I guess you cannot please everyone.
Pros
hours were 6am-2pm.....if there's no overtime.
Cons
crazy craxy overtime
Ok if you like that sort of thing
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIDecember 14, 2017
cut throat environment, fast paced and competitive, management is ok. work is stressful and theres little help from upper management. Customers are incredibly rude.
Generac Engine assembly
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Whitewater, WIDecember 12, 2017
Have to work at a fast pace. The ability to work as a team. Not afraid to ask for help if needed. Read work instructions for the different types of engines. The use of air compressed tools to perform each task. Assemble each part as to the work instructions call for. An eye for detail. The use of torke ranches and feeler gadges. The hardest part of the job is sometimes to make as many engines that the factory needs because of the flow of the whole line. For the most part the people you work with is nice. The company is in touch with it's employees. Has bonus program.
Pros
Has bonus, life insurance, good pay
Cons
sometimes work way to many hours for to long
Terrible place to work
Dealer and Consumer Service and Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIDecember 7, 2017
management was awful
product that they sold was unreliable and customers always upset with quality/ functionality
hardest part of the job was trying to back up an unreliable product
good internship
Electonics engineer co-op (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIDecember 4, 2017
treat you well and give you great experience. Great place to first get on the job training. You will be expected to work independently and hit deadlines.
Pros
nice, helpful people
Cons
not many benefits
Manufacturing Environment
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Eagle, WIDecember 4, 2017
A relaxed work environment. Not a lot of pressure from supervisors or leads. A pretty common sense atmosphere. A lot of different product which can be overwhelming the first 6 months of employment. Management gives a lot of lead way for learning because of the amount of different parts.
Pros
Relaxed working environment
Cons
Shift fueding
Dysfunctional at all levels
Manager (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WINovember 27, 2017
Unfortunately dysfunctional reigns at most levels.
Employees who survive, try hard in spite of broken systems.
Success is mostly measured in dollar growth not in people growth.
Pros
Useful products
Cons
Dysfunctional at all levels
good luck
Senior Engineering Designer III (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WINovember 22, 2017
i advise anyone that is mature in their career path not to work at generac. very poor immature management, HR is not on your team and highly unresponsive. very competitive and unfriendly with sharing knowledge. overall a place for children and interns that more mature experienced folks are not welcome.
Pros
coffee
Cons
management
Worth it ... if you can handle it.
"Assembler I" (Current Employee) –  Whitewater, WINovember 10, 2017
They pay well and there's plenty of opportunity for overtime; the job itself isn't that difficult--anyone with a high school education will breeze right through. At the end of the day, it's a great place to work for anyone looking to keep their pockets full. However, I would question the ethic of some of the supervisors and managers. Those who have medical issues and/or light-duty restrictions will find that you very often are mistreated, asked to do tasks that are difficult or even go against restrictions.

Final verdict:
If you have problems with physical/manual labor, avoid Generac at all costs. Otherwise, it's a good place to work if you want to keep your pockets full of cash.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Simplicity
Cons
Ethic, Balance, Unpredictability
assembly line
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, WINovember 10, 2017
work on assembly line great supervisors perfect hours quick paced easy to learn and improve great benefits and plenty overtime to pick up if need understanddable
Coworkers were great management not so much
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Berlin, WINovember 1, 2017
I liked working for them HOWEVER they didn't pay on time or properly management was subpar at best they actually still owe me $975! In summery not a horrible plsce but definitely need to revamp their management and HR people very unprofessional
Pros
Coworkers and hours
Cons
Management didn't pay on time or what is owed
Busy work environment
Final Assembler (Former Employee) –  Eagle, WIOctober 29, 2017
Although working at Generac Power Systems could be very stressful at times, the company does take care of you. Working hard with this company will pay off.
Hustle and bustle
Channel Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIOctober 5, 2017
Fast paced teamwork, when all members of team communicate and are on same page. Innovative product teams and fantastic benefits are a positive. Three locations does challenge communication a bit.
Great company
Order Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WISeptember 26, 2017
I enjoyed working for Generac. I was a temp employee but they treated me like a normal one. They had a great work environment My supervisor was great and very detailed in all she did and provided our team!
Pros
free lunch, hours, team enviornment
Prodution of Home Stand By home Generators
Assembly Line Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WISeptember 22, 2017
Great company to work for, nice people that got along and helped each other with day to day corrections. We didn't let a bad unit out of the plant till it was fixed.( paint run, not painted the look and the texture ) Made sure all the stickers, the right voltage badged was on the right units that we were running.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
got very hot in the plant no aircondioning
Not worth dealing with incompitance
Consumer Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WISeptember 21, 2017
Managers are managers because they like you not because they deserve the job. This leads to many fixable errors and poor customer service. Poor business decisions at the higher levels of the company lead to extra work.
If you like being on the phone all day without getting many breaks....
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, WISeptember 14, 2017
I was hired as a temp answering phones to get customers' generators activated, and it was explained that we would also help out with troubleshooting for home standby and portable generators for virtually any company. I received two and a half days of training, the first full day was for the Activation role, and the rest of training was for portable generator troubleshooting training. I did not receive training for home standby units, and barely any for portables, before being forced to answer those calls from customers who were in hurricanes begging for help. They knew more than I did, and we both soon knew it! The company knew this as well but their hold times were so long that they were willing to throw anybody onto the phones without knowing anything - my trainer admitted as much.

Then, once I started answering phones, they told us that we would be working through our lunch breaks - which is against my temp agency's policy - but they would cater for us. "Cater" meant Domino's one day, KFC the next day, and Taco Bell the day after that, and there was no time to eat because we were only allowed 5-minute breaks. I managed two tacos during my 8.5 hour shift. At the end of the days I had headaches from hunger, staring at a computer screen, and being on the phone for 8+ hours straight.

We also received an email from our supervisor instructing us that we could not use our cellphones during our work shift, but if we needed to make a call, to talk to her. Since we didn't get breaks or lunches, we couldn't check for messages or emails for the entire day.

My co-workers were
  more... friendly and helped as well as they could considering they were on the phone as well for 8 hours straight.

I have no idea about things such as benefits, I was only a temp. I barely had time to look around the room much less take time to learn about the new place I was working.
Pros
Free fast food if that's your kind of thing, helpful but swamped co-workers
Cons
No lunches or breaks
All about the money
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, WIAugust 31, 2017
its all about the money and how many units can be shipped. management does not follow through. pay is the bare minimum needed to be at range for county
Not to bad
Welder Fabracator (Former Employee) –  Eagle, WIAugust 30, 2017
A lot of product to learn fun people and good environment to work in. a bit rushed sometimes but a solid play to start a career. They javeba cool point system also.
not the best.
Brake Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Eagle, WIAugust 20, 2017
Generac was an alright place to work with decent pay. I just hope you're ready for non stop mandatory saturdays, sometimes mandatory sundays and lots of overtime.
Pros
good opportunities to learn.
Cons
no lunch break on second shift

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Generac Power Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7