Generac Power Systems Employee Reviews in United States

Nice
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIMay 4, 2016
A lot of job thats got to be done, a lot of team work and nice supervisors, reliable and secure job. Big company with diferents locations all around the world
Great Company to work for
Line Supervisor (Former Employee) –  WisconsinMarch 28, 2016
I absolutely loved this job. It was a great place of employment and had great benefits. I loved that the employer was there if you ever ha any concern, and there was also plenty of room to advance, that was until the production slowed down and 2nd shift was eliminated.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Shut down 2nd shift
Productive and fun workplace.
Dealer Acquisitions Representative (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, WIMarch 20, 2016
A Typical day, you start by checking and responding to e-mails. The next part of your day includes cold calling to businesses around the country, which a list is provided to you. The best part is working with potential dealers, and learning how and where they would like to expand their business.
Pros
Great Co-Workers
Cons
Healthcare
Great Place
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIMarch 14, 2016
I enjoyed working at Generac Power Systems. Would go back in a heartbeat. Great management and never a dull moment. The only reason I did not move with the company, was my kids were in High School.
Terrible
Assist customers (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WIMarch 3, 2016
The company is not run properly. I would not recommend anyone working for this company. The management is terrible. Stay Clear of this company
An Unfortunate Mess
Customer Support (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIMarch 2, 2016
I had started at Generac as a temp-to-hire employee through a staffing agency. I started off doing in one department, taking care of orders for particular customers. The workload wasn't bad at all, the people seemed friendly, and overall it seemed like an average workplace.

Then, Generac made the decision to transfer over to SAP Systems (not even the full-price one, a cheaper version with a TON of errors). They can say what they want for the reasoning behind the change, but it was pretty easy to see that they only made the change to "fit in" with other Fortune 500 companies. Yes, like that kid at school that dresses like the cool kids so the cool kids like them.

During this changeover, I was left completely lost in the dust throughout all of the training. I had only been at Generac for such a short time before these changes that the terminology and details to compare in the new system were in disconnect.

I asked other co-workers (who have been there a long time) and managers to help me understand what was going on, since there is NO formal training at all. Half of them didn't know themselves what was going on and my managers pretty much ignored my calls for help. I'm not somebody that asks for help often, so when I do, it's needed. I made a point to consistently ask and still, no progress on training of how to do my job.

The systems finally went in place and we were sitting ducks as piles and piles of work came into our emails, faxes, phones, etc. We were (and still are) super lost and are barely making it by. This change hurt the company more than anything. Since,
  more... then, I've been asked to do multiple different jobs for the company; all of which I STILL don't know how to properly do.

Generac has things in place that do make it a great workplace. If they never switched over to SAP, this review would be a few stars higher guaranteed. No formal training at all is hard to deal with at first, and it's hard because your co-workers will train you. But, if they teach you something wrong and your manager gets on you about it, good luck explaining to them it was your co-worker's fault without feeling terrible about it. The only good thing was job security, due to the fact that they couldn't afford to lose more employees. So, as far as that goes, you're in luck there. But frankly, nobody is getting paid enough to do the HUGE workload that they currently have on their plate.

I do not hate Generac, or really dislike it. I just wish things were different.
Pros
Friendly People, Themed Days, etc.
Cons
No Training, Big Workload, Mass Confusion, Low Salary
Overall Excellent
Warranty Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WIFebruary 23, 2016
It is great company to work for. I took pride in customer service and knowledge of product. I would gladly still be working there if not for my position being eliminated.
Innovative Company
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 3, 2016
Great place to work. I would visit my accounts in Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, West Virginia, and Upper State New York on a regular basis. I would train their respective staffs on selling home-standby emergency systems. The job had long hours, but the employees made the job enjoyable.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Great enviroment and people to work with.
marketing intern (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WINovember 23, 2015
Have really enjoyed working at Generac, the marketing team has been a joy to work with. Management is motivating and easy to approach and work with.
ok first job
Delivery driver (Current Employee) –  Fort Atkinson, WINovember 12, 2015
Good job for someone looking to start a resume. Terrible place to plan a career. People are great to work with, management is the real problem.
No management or structure, very unprofessional work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WINovember 11, 2015
If you are looking for a job to give you a basis of professional office skills or call center experience, this is a good job to have.
I have been here for 10 months and management has changed drastically and unfortunately, not for the better. They hire mostly young female temps who would rather color, make origami birds, paint their nails and flirt with boys in other departments than do their jobs. This makes those of us who are good employees work twice as hard to pick up the slack. Also, if you just keep your head down and work hard it means nothing. If you are good at your job or volunteer for overtime they do nothing but take advantage of you. This was one of the best and worst jobs that I have ever had.
Great Starter Job
Maintenance Planner (Current Employee) –  Whitewater, WINovember 9, 2015
Generac is a great place if you are looking for getting experience and getting out. They make false promises of pay and positions. Instead they give the workload and say once you are proven to do the work the pay will follow but unfortunately the pay will never come. Management doesn't understand what it take to keep talent and assumes all outside hires are far better than any internal candidate. The hardest part of my job is doing it for very little to no recognition. The best part of the job is the people i work with. These guys can make every bad day a good one with a quick quip. Fun co workers is whats kept me sane. Generac just needs to see the internal talent and keep that talent.
Pros
Fun bunch of Co-workers
Cons
Management and HR
Assembler
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Berlin, WINovember 4, 2015
Once originally name Magnum was bought out by the company Generac and since then has been on a downward spiral. I used to enjoy working there but eventually all you are is a body and unappreciated for the work you've done.
Pros
Benefits, profit sharing
Cons
management, poor wages, too much down time (lay offs)
Ok work environment with punch press machines and turrets
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Eagle Wisconsin 53114October 17, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of unloading trucks and loading trucks. Staging materials for machinists whether it be pallets or steel for their machines. Helping transport materials for the paint line, Taking down tanks, removing scrap wood and removing scrap metal. The work I did was pretty much the same everyday, also, I was the only material handler so I did everything myself. What I learned at this job was how to consolidate and be a critical thinker. Management was ok and they never really bothered me because I did my job. Coworkers were ok but lacked teamwork and very seldom helped me. The hardest part of the job was that I had to do everything myself and, second shift left a lot of there work behind for me because they figured I didn't do that much on third shift. Honestly I didn't really enjoy this job because I could never advance once I got to the position and I couldn't really learn anything new. I like learning new things.
Pros
Never really
Cons
Short breaks and bad management on third shift, no teamwork and lots of cuts on raises, bonuses, and benefits
Good products and people
Director (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WISeptember 28, 2015
I enjoyed my time at Generac. The organization is developing good products and aggressively improving the markets where they compete.
good place to work
Production Assembler (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WIAugust 10, 2015
They were understanding about life events that happen. It was a very fast paced work place. The training could have been better. They need to have someone there to train instead of having the new people train the newer people
Pros
fast paced
Cons
not enough work
It's a college town for student to work and go to school.
transfer switch assembly (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WIJuly 22, 2015
I didn't like that people wanted me to do my work and their work to. Didn't get along with many people. I was injured on the job; then, when I came back to work I was greeted by people like"it was something I did wrong". People acted liked they were afraid that I would get a job as their boss. I had one Lead over all the Line Leads say that he couldn't have me work back over on the Line because of a girl I didn't get along with. So, it wasn't a very good job.
Pros
I worked and was egilible for my benefits. I got to work in different departments.
Cons
Didn't get along with the people, I had to see a doctor in order to get moved from a Station, The work wasn't hard, but everybody was Buggin all the time about stuff that never made sense.
Going places, wrong team for me
Corporate Trainer (Consultant) (Current Employee) –  Eagle, WIJuly 17, 2015
Generac as a company is going places product wise, however they are stuck in the 1980's in terms of running their company. For Millennials, I would encourage, keep looking.
Good Company Culture, Good People
Engineering Lab Technician II (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIJune 25, 2015
Typical day consists of changing parts on generators and testing, and cleaning of the facility.

Learned about power generation and data acquisition methods

Management is pretty disorganized, just make it happen is frequently the best response they have to employee concerns about the work being done.

Hardest part of my job is looking busy when I have no work on my schedule for the day.

The most enjoyable part of my job is actually doing the work I was hired to complete, working as part of a team with co-workers in a collaborative effort to get the job done.
Pros
401K Match
Cons
No Breaks except 30Min Lunch, Poor management
Da
Dealer Acquisitions (Current Employee) –  Jefferson, WIJune 17, 2015
Management is great, but the pay is terrible and hitting monthly goal in the bonus structure does not equal a paycheck. You are not micro managed.