Generac

Generac Employer Reviews

Great coworkers. needs better managment
Assembler (Current Employee), Oshkosh, WIDecember 15, 2014
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: over time when there is no work!
At the time I worked there, worked about 2 hours out of 10. short parts. Worked overtime (18 hours with Saturday, no work, short parts)
Customer Service for siding and windows
Service and Warranty Clerk (Former Employee), Eagle, WINovember 17, 2014
Service and Warranty Clerk, Great people to work with, a great product and a fortune 500 company
was a great company learned a lot about being machine operators
brake press, laser operator (Former Employee), Eagle, WISeptember 24, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: short breaks
co-workers were amazing the management needs some help but other than that it was good
Friendly environment
Boxing/ Final Assembly (Former Employee), Jefferson, WIJuly 16, 2014
Pros: the experience & job security
A typical work day was always a learning experience. Work in various places in the warehouse so we all knowledge of every position. Management was always friendly, some even worked hands on with us. The most enjoyable part of the job was my coworkers. They made you feel like family.
Not your typical workplace.
Cycle Counter (Former Employee), Whitewater, WIMay 14, 2014
Pros: none-at least they do pay you on time.
Cons: temp-hire, no benifits when hired.
Generac does not pay it's employees very well nor do they offer good benefits.

The number one reason you will hear for people to endure this work environment is because they do not do drug testing.

It is apparent that they know this and as such they hire people who use/abuse drugs and are paying them next to nothing for the work they perform.

On – more... top of these issues they hire tons of people to catch up to storm orders then lay them off when it dies back down. This is very inconsistent and leads to a negative attitude in the workplace because people lack job security. – less
Enjoy my coworkers
Material Handler (Current Employee), Waukesha, WIApril 27, 2014
The departments I work for are in a state of flux. Some of us are not sure if we will have a job in a few months. But the people I work with make even this an enjoyable day each day. We all work together to make sure everything gets done when it needs to be.
Co-workers were great
Forklift Driver (Current Employee), Whitewater, WIApril 8, 2014
Enjoyed my drive to work, was always an adventure. Job was very exciting.
Very productive,enjoyable group to work with.
Fleet Maintenance Manager (Former Employee), Waukesha, WIMarch 24, 2014
Pros: use of shop facilities
busy all the time.Learned to use various equipment.Worked well with management and co workers.hardest part of job was trying to get everything done with only a few people.
This review is about Generac, I am staying here until I can find my ideal job that I went to college for.
Assembly/Machine Operator (Current Employee), Whitewater, WIJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: quarterly bounus
Cons: no lunch breaks, dangerous activities, are done on break by other employees and hr does not seem to fix the problems or do drug testing., -
There is not cross training. Supervisor do not have supervisor background. I do like the people I work with. I do like the insurance offered, and I do like the quarterly bonus. I do like that they hired me because I was in need of employment. They promised me advancement to the office as my education and experience is in the Clerical side of the company – more... and they have ignored my requests to transfer to office as I was promised I would advance there with in 3 months. I did get the highest possible raise which was 1 dollar. The company doesn't pay well. The company hires young kids who are into non-compliance of rules and very dangerous activities are performed on breaks. I do not feel safe working for this company.Typical day at work is staying in the same spot no cross training and when people do ask to be trained it is always put on hold and never done. The pay is unacceptable as we are machine operators. I am not being used for my knowledge or qualifications and/or experience. – less
Generac
Assembler (Former Employee), Eagle, WIDecember 1, 2013
Pros: days went by fast, building was fun
Cons: far drive and pay wasnt greatest
I go in and stand in line and assembler generators.
I learned how to use power tools. I learned how to read a tape measurer,
Management was workable. Didn't see them often
Coworkers were good working people
The hardest part was the drive to and from work.
it was a great place to work
Assembly Worker (Former Employee), Eagle, WINovember 10, 2013
assembly line work i was a flotter so i wouldnt know were i was working till i got there. which i liked cause i knew the whole line
Poor working conditions
Shipping / Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Waukesha, WIJuly 24, 2013
Cons: health concerns
Outdoors unloading trucks in all weather
No compensation for work clothes
Co-workers okay
Fun place to work , fast pace
assembler (Former Employee), Madison, WIJuly 16, 2013
Pros: able to eat on the line while working
A typical day at Generac was very busy , building generators, prep'ing work stations, always had something to do, everyone I worked with were fun and outgoing . my supervisors made sure that everyone was comfortable at work.
Awesome place to work for
Generator Assembler (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMay 18, 2013
Loved it... But unfortunately it was a temporary position.
fast paced
material handler (Former Employee), Whitewater, WIApril 14, 2013
Pros: great experience
Cons: not a very secure job environment
should do more random drug testing ,hard working co-workers ,fast paced environment,
Hard work
Winder/assembler (Former Employee), Fort Atkinson, WISeptember 10, 2012
Pros: ice people to work with
Cons: parts were way to heavy
I had to lift 40 lb. parts onto a winding machine. When I finished winding the wire unto the part which now weighs 65 lb., I sent it down the line to be packed. It was hard and heavy work. Did not make enough money to keep going out of Janesville to work.
productive
stocker (Former Employee), Johnson Creek, WIAugust 14, 2012
package products according to incoming order requests and established floor plan schematics

About Generac

Since 1959, Generac has been a leading designer and manufacturer of a wide range of generators and other engine powered products. – Read more