Generac Employee Reviews in United States

overall it is a good place to work
painter (Current Employee) –  Whitewater, WIMarch 15, 2016
I enjoy working there the day is over before I know it. I am learning a lot daily. My supervisor is teaching me a lot. I am hoping to be employed there permently
Waukesha Plant ok
Engine Line assembler (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIFebruary 10, 2016
Waukesha plant #4 on line put all parts on engine make your harness double check work use your paint marker so they would no
who put on the parts sign name push it down the line.
Learned how to make harnesses.
management ok.
Co-workers ok.
understanding just what they expected of you.
enjoy just working alone.
Pros
Working on your own
Cons
Management not helpful at all
Great job
Technician (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAJanuary 31, 2016
Really enjoyed working here. Long drive but the pay was definitely worth it. We serviced, set, and fixed old generators.
Pros
Generator Knowledge
Cons
Long drive
Loved my job awesome Company but was closing plant here
Sales & Marketing (Former Employee) –  Maquoketa, IAJanuary 28, 2016
Great place to work cared about their employee just wish i would have moved with the company now. I learned a lot in training for Customer service and Sales. I was top seller of home based generators for 2008. sold over 75 generators in 2 months.
Pros
clean place to work
Cons
closed plant in Iowa
I use to like to work here!
Assembler/Production (Current Employee) –  Whitewater, WINovember 9, 2015
It use to be fun going into work! Then they started cracking down on rules to an extreme, and can't keep anyone for very long. Insurance is good, but all of our bonuses have been taken away! A lot of favoritism and not a lot of career opportunities to move up in the company, especially for women. No longer fun!
Pros
health care premiums and ocasionally a free lunch
Cons
rules vary across the plant depending on which supervisor you have
nice people to work alongside
Grounds Crew (Current Employee) –  Whitewater, WIJune 18, 2015
very busy place year round so the job is permanant. Very clean working enviornment.Very safety concious about there employees also.
Pros
nice work enviornment
Horrible Management...great coworkers
Dealer Acquistions (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, WIMay 11, 2015
Cold calling to dealers trying to get them set up as a Generac dealer. Expectations were very high with the amount of calls to make and call percentage as well as the expected monthly dealer goal. Sales are good when there are storms. The hardest part was obtaining dealers. Leads and manager never follow through with what they say they are going to do.
Low Budget Plant. Minumum overtime, maximum profit.
Maintenance Electrician (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, WIApril 19, 2015
Co workers are all good people. Management is friendly. Unfortunately the commuting got hard especially after the last winter.
Pros
Used to get regular bonuses.
Cons
Plant Supervisor doesn't even know the names of a majority of the workers.
Firefighter and EMT-P
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WIApril 2, 2015
Everything was running smoothly until all the political aspects came into play and for those that had been there for 8+ years weren't allowed to perform what they trained for
Pros
EXPERIENCE
Cons
NEW MANAGEMENT
ok company
Maintenance/ Millwright Lead (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIMarch 19, 2015
this company was sold about a year after I started and the new Incorporation that took over came in and cleaned house so to speak and layed of approx. 10 to 15 employees every Friday for about 5 weeks straight.
Pros
none that i can think of
Regular schedule, nice work facility, good management
Assembly Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WIDecember 31, 2014
Liked the people I worked with on the line. My manager was easy to understand and get along with. Job was well defined and had opportunities to work on several lines and jobs including quality control.
Pros
like the work and people.
Cons
worked a lot of overtime and weekends.
Great coworkers. needs better managment
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIDecember 15, 2014
At the time I worked there, worked about 2 hours out of 10. short parts. Worked overtime (18 hours with Saturday, no work, short parts)
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
over time when there is no work!
Customer Service for siding and windows
Service and Warranty Clerk (Former Employee) –  Eagle, WINovember 17, 2014
Service and Warranty Clerk, Great people to work with, a great product and a fortune 500 company
was a great company learned a lot about being machine operators
brake press, laser operator (Former Employee) –  Eagle, WISeptember 24, 2014
co-workers were amazing the management needs some help but other than that it was good
Pros
free coffee
Cons
short breaks
Friendly environment
Boxing/ Final Assembly (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, WIJuly 16, 2014
A typical work day was always a learning experience. Work in various places in the warehouse so we all knowledge of every position. Management was always friendly, some even worked hands on with us. The most enjoyable part of the job was my coworkers. They made you feel like family.
Pros
the experience & job security
Not your typical workplace.
Cycle Counter (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WIMay 14, 2014
Generac does not pay it's employees very well nor do they offer good benefits.

The number one reason you will hear for people to endure this work environment is because they do not do drug testing.

It is apparent that they know this and as such they hire people who use/abuse drugs and are paying them next to nothing for the work they perform.

On top of these issues they hire tons of people to catch up to storm orders then lay them off when it dies back down. This is very inconsistent and leads to a negative attitude in the workplace because people lack job security.
Pros
none-at least they do pay you on time.
Cons
temp-hire, no benifits when hired.
Enjoy my coworkers
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIApril 27, 2014
The departments I work for are in a state of flux. Some of us are not sure if we will have a job in a few months. But the people I work with make even this an enjoyable day each day. We all work together to make sure everything gets done when it needs to be.
Co-workers were great
Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  Whitewater, WIApril 8, 2014
Enjoyed my drive to work, was always an adventure. Job was very exciting.
Very productive,enjoyable group to work with.
Fleet Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIMarch 24, 2014
busy all the time.Learned to use various equipment.Worked well with management and co workers.hardest part of job was trying to get everything done with only a few people.
Pros
use of shop facilities
This review is about Generac, I am staying here until I can find my ideal job that I went to college for.
Assembly/Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Whitewater, WIJanuary 12, 2014
There is not cross training. Supervisor do not have supervisor background. I do like the people I work with. I do like the insurance offered, and I do like the quarterly bonus. I do like that they hired me because I was in need of employment. They promised me advancement to the office as my education and experience is in the Clerical side of the company and they have ignored my requests to transfer to office as I was promised I would advance there with in 3 months. I did get the highest possible raise which was 1 dollar. The company doesn't pay well. The company hires young kids who are into non-compliance of rules and very dangerous activities are performed on breaks. I do not feel safe working for this company.Typical day at work is staying in the same spot no cross training and when people do ask to be trained it is always put on hold and never done. The pay is unacceptable as we are machine operators. I am not being used for my knowledge or qualifications and/or experience.
Pros
quarterly bounus
Cons
no lunch breaks, dangerous activities, are done on break by other employees and hr does not seem to fix the problems or do drug testing., -