General Assembly

General Assembly Employee Reviews

Product Management Immersive
Product Management Immersive | Product Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 21, 2015
The Product Management Immersive is an excellent program that helps you delve into the world of Product Management. It is very intensive, but you come out with a great sense of accomplishment.
I love working at General Assembly
UX Designer in Residence (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Free Coffee, Free Lunch, Fun People
I can genuinely say that I look forward to going to work every day and love the people I work with. General Assembly provides a great community and so much opportunity for networking with brilliant minds.
Student Here
Web Development Immersive Student (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJune 22, 2015
I was a student at General Assembly for web development. The course was great and they provided a professional environment that was conducive to learning.
Amazing Place to Learn Code
Web Developer (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 22, 2015
Participated in the Web Development Immersive (WDI). The instructors gave a full understanding of the latest technology frameworks, database modeling and how to deploy web applications.
Attending WDI at General Assembly is one of the best decisions I’ve ever made.
Web Development Immersive| Jr. Web Developer (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 30, 2015
I learned so much in the class and instructors always listen to our feedback.
What I really enjoyed was the connections I was able to make with my classmates. GA has taught me so much and I can’t wait to learn more.
It is what it is.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), manchester,tnApril 11, 2015
M-tek is M-tek that's all I can say. Its one of the biggest employers in Manchester. You learn about production and parts of car interior parts. Has decent insurance benefits.
GA is a well-designed system
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Santa Monica, CAApril 11, 2015
It's a place to thrive. Come to learn how to code, run a startup, design a User Experience that's world-class, or just have an fun party. Be ready to work hard and tirelessly and keep on coding.
Productive creative bunker @ GA
Web Developer (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 8, 2015
Pros: Kitchen, great staff, awesome web technologies
Cons: Super intense; pace can be ovewhelming
General Assembly is a tradeschool for web development that is as creative and diverse as it is intense. Every day you learn new web technologies. The staff is very helpful and cool; the atmosphere is very intense although people are open and helpful. Full kitchen to play around in.
Good experience programming bootcamp
Full Stack Web Developer (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 18, 2015
General Assembly is a good environment to start a carrier as a web developer. There you have the opportunity to wok in relevant projects with smart people.
Fun place, great for networking
Expert In Residence (Current Employee), Boston, MAMarch 14, 2015
Pros: decent pay, networking
Cons: go back on their words and get someone cheaper if they find one.
Its in a growth mode and really helpful to those who plan to make a good career change or learn a new chapter. You will meet awesome people from different companies and get to know whats hot in the market.

Negatives: Great place but people who manage your pay/scale have no idea about your skill set.
Awesome Development Immersive
Full-Stack Web Developer (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMarch 10, 2015
Well screened community of developers and passionate mentors. Fast paced and current technologies, and relevant projects.
Great learning environment
Freelance Web Developer (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 7, 2015
Pros: free coffee
General Assembly gave me the opportunity to be challenged with the necessary hurdles every programmer encounters when starting their path to efficient app development. Deciding which concepts of a programming language to learn first is more like creating a new language that doesn't exist than learning one. With the guidance of a structured curriculum, I immersed myself in understanding the high level concepts and abstractions of web framework.
Innovative, awesome place to work
Student (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 5, 2015
I had the best experience in my life at General Assembly. During three months taking WDI, Web Development Immersive course, I've learned so much and it helped me realize how important technology is in our life. I'm totally inspired and ready to start my career in technology field.
Great classes
Back End Web Development Class - Junior Web Dev (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 12, 2015
Loved all of my classes, professors, and TAs. They are true innovators. I recommend to anyone looking to gain tech skills.
Waiting and looking
Press Operator (Current Employee), Warren, MIJanuary 10, 2015
I wait for parts to come off the press, inspect them for any defects and if they are good I pack them. If needed I talk to my supervisor to have him make changes to the press to ensure parts are good.
WDI is an excellent program
WEB DEVELOPMENT IMMERSIVE (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 9, 2015
If you work hard and can take the fast pace, you will learn an incredible amount in the Web Development Immersive.
Great Learning Experience and Hands-on Training
Student (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAJanuary 7, 2015
"Twelve weeks. All day. Every day." That is the motto at General Assembly's WDI (Web Development Immersive) program. For 12 weeks, Monday through Friday, 9AM to 5:30PM we code and develop web applications with relevant industry technologies. With a focus on Ruby on Rails, AngularJS, HTML, CSS/SCSS, Javascript, Mongodb, and PostgreSQL to name a few, we leave ready to introduce ourselves to the tech world and take on all it has to offer and solve any bugs along the way.
motivated, hardworking and compassionate
medical assembly (Former Employee), Rogers, MNDecember 4, 2014
It was awesome working there with great peoples. the co-workers are awesome. the hardest thing at the job was taking the trash out. the most enjoyable part is during pay day and Christmas time.
Great workspace
OPERATIONS & MARKETING (Former Employee), San Francisco, CANovember 23, 2014
Startup feeling and culture, nice people but unfortunately unorganized overall, no team inclusion between tiers, extremely poor communication, no motivation to promote within, under paid employees for the amount of work/time put in.
Working very good work environment
general assember (Former Employee), Mishawaka, INOctober 14, 2014
Pros: it was fun to work in the automotive assembly plant
Cons: being laid off from that good job was a big con
Start your day by setting yourself up with the parts needed

I Learned how to work in a fast assembly work environment

Management was very good to work with

It was also great working with the coworkers

The hardest part was when a prototype come through with all the engineering

Making a good wage and good benefits made the job very enjoyable
Headquarters