General Assembly Employee Reviews

Relative experience as a student
Web Development Immersive Student (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 12, 2016
My experience at GA was great; the school has given me the ability to pick up technical skills faster than I previously ever imagined.
My instructors were great, knowledgeable, and helpful.
Great mission and culture
Product Designer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 11, 2016
GA is a growing company with a great mission to help people gain skills and switch careers into tech. The people are wonderful, the culture is young, fun and professional.
Productive and fun workplace
Web Development Immersive Student (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 8, 2016
Boot Camp Instructor
Full Stack Web Development Immersive Student
Awesome Human Being
Perfectionist and get things done
Pros
free lunches and alcohol
Great Workplace
Experience Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 2, 2016
Every day at work was different. I was able to grow and learned about the job on the field. The hardest part of the job is to get the pace of it, but once you get it, it is a fun ride.
Fun Place
Certificate in Digital Marketing (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 7, 2016
I am a student but as far as I can see, it's a fun, flexible place to work that adapts well to its environment. Teachers are competent, hands-on, and have first hand professional expertise on the subject they're teaching.
Managent is amazing
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 25, 2016
I only volunteer right now but management was incredibly excited to get me involved. They are also excited about the prospect of having me be a TA after I graduate.
Best experience of my life
WEB DEVELOPMENT IMMERSIVE STUDENT (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 2, 2016
I have learned more during my experience at General Assembly than anywhere else during my life. They have mastered the art of learning and are hacking the world one student at a time.
Great learning experience
Web Development (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 29, 2016
Found the web development immersive "bootcamp"-style learning environment extremely conducive to learning web development. We also had the opportunity to put our skills to use by building independent projects over the duration of the course.
General Assembly
Android Development Immersive Program (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 23, 2016
A 12 week programming boot camp that teaches students about developing Android apps using a training program developed under the guidance of Google.
Enjoyed the culture
Web Development Immersive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 6, 2016
The culture at GA was really great. Everyone with a like minded focus and passion towards learning and developing. I made some great friends that I will stay close with in the future. We all taught each other many things in our time together and have a desire to work together again in the future. It's a great experience for someone new to the world of Web Development.
Great diverse working environment
Administrative Assistant/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 22, 2016
Executive Secretary to General & Plant Managers. I ran reports, answered phones, set up meetings, prepared general documents, assisted in translation from Spanish to English in customer relation meetings.

US owned company based in Mexico. Travel requirements construed of crossing the border with long line time waits and checks periodically for meetings and normal travel to/from work.
Pretty Good Place To Work
Experience Associate Lead (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 13, 2016
Overall it's a good place to work. Great team of people to work with. Beautiful office spaces and student campus. Shared office space style. Good lunches on Tuesdays.
Productive with great benefits and retirement
TEAM LEADER CHRYSLER (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIJune 20, 2016
Great benefits and retirement, a good place to work with great wages. Fantastic co- workers, good management team. Very good communication.
Pros
Benefits, wages, retirement
Cons
Hot in the summertime
fun work place
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 6, 2016
The work place is a wonderful place to be and the workers are excellent. We worked well together and got the job done always. I understood everything that was needed of me.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Student Review
Android Development Student (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 26, 2016
I enjoyed my time as a student here. I learned so much in a short amount of time. Really gave me job skills. I was in the first ADI so there was a lot of bumps along the way but they smoothed them out eventually.
Life Changing
Full Stack Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 21, 2016
Everything about my 12 week immersive there was perfect. From the intellectually nurturing environment, to the expert faculty who's dedication to education and the success of their students has left me feeling fully prepared to enter the tech industry. I highly recommend it wether you are a potential student, or applying for a position at GA.
Life changing educational experience
Student (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 10, 2016
I was here to go to school, but my final class project was a pro bono design sprint for a real client. I'm very thankful to GA for the opportunity to connect with that client.
Great place to be
WEB DEVELOPMENT IMMERSIVE STUDENT (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 6, 2016
Although I was a student, I would definitely work for GA in the future. Their work culture is super relaxed and everyone is very easy going.
Pros
Periodic free lunch
Work hard Play Hard
Product Management Immersive (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 23, 2016
I did not work here I just studied at General Assembly. Is a very fun environment where everyone is heard and everyone collaborates on different projects.
Very intensive, but fun course
Web Development Immersive Student (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 30, 2016
This course was incredibly hard, but an amazing learning experience. Classmates were amazing. Instruction was hit and miss at times. There is so much content to go through that it's tough to give everything the attention it truly needs.
Pros
A lot of learning in a short time.
Cons
New campus at Seattle Tower is horrendous.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at General Assembly. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3