General Atomics Aeronautical Systems

General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Employee Reviews in United States

Great company and great people
A & P Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Crestview, FLJanuary 28, 2016
I spent a lot of time away from the family and that was my only reason for leaving. Wanted to see my little one grow up. Can't say enough good things about the company though. Good benefits, they worked around my schedule several times to accommodate my needs. You work hard when its time to work and get paid well for it. Probably best if you are single and not tied down. If you like to travel, this is for you.
Pros
Always work with different people. Company has your back. Travel. Good pay, good benefits
Cons
Long work hours. Time away from family
Ga is ok
Airfield Safety Specialist/Emergency Response Team (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAMarch 23, 2016
Not a bad place to work. Pay is a little lower than competitors, and it's got a high turnover and not the best management. However I was treated well by the company. They have very good benefits too, not bad, not the best either. It's good for the area though.
Pros
Benifits, job security
Cons
Pay, management
Relaxed work environment
Lead Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  San DiegoJanuary 7, 2016
Working here is fairly cushy and they allow people to skate by. If you put in effort you will be noticed and there are opportunities for advancement. Tend to prefer new-hires (cheap labor) and curtail raises for more senior employees.
Exciting Technology
Accounting Specialist IV (Current Employee) –  Poway, CANovember 12, 2015
This is a very big company and difficult to discuss the culture as a whole. Each organization within the company is different.
Pros
High compensation
Cons
Teamwork needs improvement
Professional Environment and Good Job Security
Department Specialist III (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 2, 2015
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems is a great place to work. Good benefits, friendly employees, great company morale, and they provide continued educational support.
Small company with growing pain.
Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  Poway, CASeptember 27, 2015
This is a pretty good company to work for when considering benefits and compensation. They are going through some growing pains but overall a good company. The management lacks in skill and ability and the department is unorganized and lack future growth.
Pros
Compensation and Benefits
Cons
Growing pains
A place only to learn about Predator UAV technology
Aeronautical Engineer (Current Employee) –  San DiegoMay 23, 2015
This is only a place for serious self-starters to learn about one of the most famous UAVs and gather experience in the design, construction, test, and delivery of MALE UAVs.

Do not expect quality management, job stability, career development, good treatment, respect, praise, training, good tools, protection, or assistance of any kind. To learn you have to be intrapreneurial in the extreme or you will be wasting your time. It is easy to get sidetracked here and learn nothing. The culture is unique and is dissimilar to any other aerospace environment. Much of it is home grown. Don't expect to make friends here. Think of it as survivor island.

Your relationship to the company is only a financial transaction at best. Expect a 4-5 year average tenure here if successful.
Pros
Exposure to aviation history.
Cons
Carnivorous politics. Dog eat dog culture. Survival is success here.
Decent company to work for
Systems/Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 20, 2015
Decent company to work for. Okay work life balance. Decent pay and benefits. Nice co-workers and lots of resources to help you overcome different challenges.
The Civilitary for recently separated
Technical Writer/Editor (Current Employee) –  Rancho Bernardo, CAJuly 21, 2016
This company is good for people just getting out of the military and acclimating to the civilian world. However, the HR department knows how much you made in the military and that is what they will pay you. That is what your salary will be for your entire term of employment aside from the less than cost of inflation annual raise. A good stepping stone, but there is no future with the company unless you get out as an O5 or higher.
Great place to work.
Engine Shop Technician II (Former Employee) –  El Mirage, CAMarch 3, 2016
Great place to work. Enjoyable co-workers. They have good training and teaching resources. They have a lot of potential including the opportunity to provide more facilities. The hardest part of the job was the 5am start times during mandatory overtime, but mostly because I had to drive 1 hour to get there.. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was I worked as a peer inspector doing quality.
Pros
A growing company with great potential.
Cons
No continuity for rules and regulations.
Great plays to work
Tool Crib Attendant (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CAJuly 14, 2016
Receive, stores, and issues handtools, machine tools, dies, materials, and equipment in industrial establishment

Issue tools and equipment to workers & maintains records of tools and equipment issued returned, manually or using computer

Locate lost or misplaced tools equipment if any.
Cons
Exciting and innovative company products
Accounts Receivable Department - Unbilled Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 18, 2016
Enjoyed my work and being part of a team that was proud and had integrity. I worked hard to insure accuracy of my reports that were reviewed by internal management and pertaining customers.
Great company...awesome benefits and great people!
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rancho Bernardo, CAApril 4, 2016
I've been with GA for a little over year and have learned many different systems, worked with some very knowledgeable individuals that help me grow in my role and have excelled in my abilities as an HR professional.
Good Job Horrible Management
Logistics clerk (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 22, 2016
All this company wants is a bunch of yes people.
They don't want any of your ideas.
They don't want you to have a outside life.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Horrible Management
Good Company, Good opportunity for growth, good benefits, terrible department.
Drafter II (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 11, 2012
I would definately recommend working for GA-Aeronautical Systems. In my two tours with this company I found the benefits, opportunities for advancement, and work/life balance to be excellent. on the opposite side of the spectrum there are very defined clicks (at least in the facilities department where I worked)and disagreeing with one co-worker on any subject can make you several enemies. I would have to say that although I would rate my two seperate experiences with this company as negative, this was due to the working environment set by the particular department I worked in both times and not the overall company. I still have several friends working in diffrent departments of GA and they are happy to work there.
Pros
opportunity for growth, great benefits, job security
Cons
very defined clicks within department
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 6, 2016
I learned a lot working here. I would recommend this company to anyone looking to learn new skills and grow their existing ones.
A steady and retention-conscious employer
TECHNICAL WRITER (Former Employee) –  Adelanto, CANovember 19, 2014
Unlike most of the Aerospace and similar contract-driven industry, GAASI does its best to keep their workforce steadily employed, instead of laying off during slowdowns and then re-hiring when things heat up. They have been growing rapidly for decades, and while experiencing the usual growing pains, they remain at the bleeding edge of their field, and have decades of primacy almost guaranteed.
Pros
steady, retention-oriented, good benefits
Cons
medium pay in expensive locations, uneven growth, and middle-management vacuum
Good work enviroment
ENGINE MAINTENANCE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Adelanto CAMarch 19, 2015
This company takes care of it's employees with good benefits and decent pay. The management here is some of the best I have known in my career. The employees here carry themselves with knowledge and professionalism.
Pros
great benefits, good pay
Cons
n/a
It's ok
Technician III (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAFebruary 25, 2016
It's an ok companey as long as your young.... Lack's in managment... Too slow of work pace... Not mentally challenging...
Pros
OFF EVERY OTHER FRIDAY
Cons
LACK OF UPWARD MOVEMENT
Professional environment and fast growing company.
Travel Accounting Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Poway, CAFebruary 6, 2014
Overall, it was a good place to work. The work was constant and at times challenging, which was a plus for me. I learned a lot about government rules and regulation and working with accounting software systems. The company offered excellent benefits to its employees and the management took the time to listen to the people in their respective departments for improvement and positive change. The team I worked for was great. We were a cohesive unit and met deadlines together as well as independently. The hardest part of the job was staying interested in my work. The work did keep me busy, but it I could have used more of a challenge. It became monotonous at times. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to work with the team. We were close with each other inside and outside of work and could trust each other to get the job done and back each other up.
Pros
pension, bonuses, healthcare, 9/80 work schedule
Cons
office layout, short breaks

2.9