General Atomics Aeronautical Systems

General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Employee Reviews

Depends on the Manager
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Poway, CAAugust 3, 2016
Great benefits, great location. Growing company losing sight of it's employees. I really believe it's about who you're working for. I've had great managers that do their best to look out for their teams, and bad managers who pretend they never told you how to do something one way when they tell you how to do it another way. Emphasis on tribal knowledge. Poor training system. Onboarding is a mess.
Pros
benefits, 401k, paid vacation
Cons
outdated mentality, loses sight of employees
Laid back government contractor
Stock Control Clerk (Current Employee) –  Dugway, UTAugust 1, 2016
A good job if you like to be lazy. Not much happens on a daily basis, order some parts, issue parts and conduct an inventory once a year. Little room for advancement and site managers are interesting people to say the least.
Pros
Work schedule, good benefits, pay is okay.
Cons
Poor site leadership, if you are a person who likes to stay busy, this would not be the job for you.
The Civilitary for recently separated
Technical Writer/Editor (Current Employee) –  Rancho Bernardo, CAJuly 21, 2016
This company is good for people just getting out of the military and acclimating to the civilian world. However, the HR department knows how much you made in the military and that is what they will pay you. That is what your salary will be for your entire term of employment aside from the less than cost of inflation annual raise. A good stepping stone, but there is no future with the company unless you get out as an O5 or higher.
Good company to work for
Systems Architecture Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 15, 2016
I enjoyed my time at Highmark BCBS. I learned a lot from their Enterprise Data Warehousing department. Good company with excellent benefits and plenty of stability.
Great plays to work
Tool Crib Attendant (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CAJuly 14, 2016
Receive, stores, and issues handtools, machine tools, dies, materials, and equipment in industrial establishment

Issue tools and equipment to workers & maintains records of tools and equipment issued returned, manually or using computer

Locate lost or misplaced tools equipment if any.
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 6, 2016
I learned a lot working here. I would recommend this company to anyone looking to learn new skills and grow their existing ones.
Exciting and innovative company products
Accounts Receivable Department - Unbilled Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 18, 2016
Enjoyed my work and being part of a team that was proud and had integrity. I worked hard to insure accuracy of my reports that were reviewed by internal management and pertaining customers.
Great company...awesome benefits and great people!
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rancho Bernardo, CAApril 4, 2016
I've been with GA for a little over year and have learned many different systems, worked with some very knowledgeable individuals that help me grow in my role and have excelled in my abilities as an HR professional.
Ga is ok
Airfield Safety Specialist/Emergency Response Team (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAMarch 23, 2016
Not a bad place to work. Pay is a little lower than competitors, and it's got a high turnover and not the best management. However I was treated well by the company. They have very good benefits too, not bad, not the best either. It's good for the area though.
Pros
Benifits, job security
Cons
Pay, management
Great place to work.
Engine Shop Technician II (Former Employee) –  El Mirage, CAMarch 3, 2016
Great place to work. Enjoyable co-workers. They have good training and teaching resources. They have a lot of potential including the opportunity to provide more facilities. The hardest part of the job was the 5am start times during mandatory overtime, but mostly because I had to drive 1 hour to get there.. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was I worked as a peer inspector doing quality.
Pros
A growing company with great potential.
Cons
No continuity for rules and regulations.
It's ok
Technician III (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAFebruary 25, 2016
It's an ok companey as long as your young.... Lack's in managment... Too slow of work pace... Not mentally challenging...
Pros
OFF EVERY OTHER FRIDAY
Cons
LACK OF UPWARD MOVEMENT
Good Job Horrible Management
Logistics clerk (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 22, 2016
All this company wants is a bunch of yes people.
They don't want any of your ideas.
They don't want you to have a outside life.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Horrible Management
Great company and great people
A & P Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Crestview, FLJanuary 28, 2016
I spent a lot of time away from the family and that was my only reason for leaving. Wanted to see my little one grow up. Can't say enough good things about the company though. Good benefits, they worked around my schedule several times to accommodate my needs. You work hard when its time to work and get paid well for it. Probably best if you are single and not tied down. If you like to travel, this is for you.
Pros
Always work with different people. Company has your back. Travel. Good pay, good benefits
Cons
Long work hours. Time away from family
Relaxed work environment
Lead Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  San DiegoJanuary 7, 2016
Working here is fairly cushy and they allow people to skate by. If you put in effort you will be noticed and there are opportunities for advancement. Tend to prefer new-hires (cheap labor) and curtail raises for more senior employees.
Professional Environment and Good Job Security
Department Specialist III (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 2, 2015
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems is a great place to work. Good benefits, friendly employees, great company morale, and they provide continued educational support.
Exciting Technology
Accounting Specialist IV (Current Employee) –  Poway, CANovember 12, 2015
This is a very big company and difficult to discuss the culture as a whole. Each organization within the company is different.
Pros
High compensation
Cons
Teamwork needs improvement
Decent company to work for
Systems/Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 20, 2015
Decent company to work for. Okay work life balance. Decent pay and benefits. Nice co-workers and lots of resources to help you overcome different challenges.
Interesting Place to work.
Airfield Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Palmdale,CaOctober 17, 2015
Working For General Atomics is a good start if you are looking to get into the bigger aircraft company's. Overall good place to work wish the locations were closer to home but for the Palmdale locations they are way out in the middle of nowhere.
Pros
Good People to work for and with.
Cons
Locations are poorly Placed.
Small company with growing pain.
Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  Poway, CASeptember 27, 2015
This is a pretty good company to work for when considering benefits and compensation. They are going through some growing pains but overall a good company. The management lacks in skill and ability and the department is unorganized and lack future growth.
Pros
Compensation and Benefits
Cons
Growing pains
Good workplace
Department Assistant II (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 8, 2015
good company to work for and great for gaining knowledge and experience in the field of aerospace. highly recommend to any individual

2.9