General Atomics Aeronautical Systems

General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Employee Reviews

Great Opportunities
A&P Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Adelanto, CASeptember 20, 2017
Depending on your field, GA offers great financial compensation and a good work balance. Loved the travel and small company feel. Spent so much time with some coworkers that they are considered family and I have not seen another place with the same level of comraderie as I developed with many coworkers there.
fun
Integration Technician II (Former Employee) –  Adelanto, CASeptember 14, 2017
the company offers a good benefit and people are friendly and helpful. the supervisor is really doing his job and knows how to deal with his staff. not a stressful workplace.
benefits
It was fun working at General Atomics
Accountant -On Contract (Former Employee) –  Poway, CAAugust 30, 2017
It was fun working at General Atomics. My AR manager was the best manager ever i had, her name was Shyline Perkins. I was there for contract role and it was lot to learn and growing opportunity. But i would definitely recommend this place.
Very satisfying company to work for
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Poway, CAAugust 24, 2017
Excellent place to work. Facilities are like show rooms. Pay is very competitive. The owners are focused on growth and market domination in all of their divisions. They invest accordingly to support this growth, focus on efficiency, and care about the employees.
Pros
Everything that General Atomics does is top-notch
Cons
Stable company with great benefices
Shuttle Driver (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 21, 2017
It's a really fun workplace with great benefit, flexible hours, and its a great job to grow with. I enjoy working with the company, its just a little too far from my house.
Pros
free clean uniforms, discount at movies...
Cons
Short Break ...
Human Resources at GA
SENIOR HUMAN RESOURCE BUSINESS PARTNER (Current Employee) –  Poway, CAAugust 15, 2017
A typical day is heavy on the Employee Relations side. Culture is slow and uncertain. Decisions are not made timely, if at all. The most enjoyable part of my day is the employee engagement.
Pros
Employees Working Hard for Common Purpose
Cons
Upward Movement only for the Select Few
Productive and professional place to work with great opportunity
Manufacturing Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 6, 2017
A typical day would include walking the production floor and identifying areas for improvement. Using my classroom knowledge and skills learned at GA I was able to contribute directly to major projects going on at the time
Typically boring
Associate Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Poway, CAJuly 9, 2017
Not too much to complain about except no benefits or paid holidays or other PTO because I'm a contractor. Stressful at times right before or during a release but generally somewhat relaxed.
Pros
Relaxed culture, 9/80 schedule.
Stepping stone, non long term..
Avionics Tech 3 (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 12, 2017
Ive been employed just under 8 years with this company. opportunities for advancement are slim to none. Pay is on the lower side for the field. It is a stepping stone company. You can deploy and make good money but your not cared for and advancement opportunities are just not there.
Pros
Job security, Good benifits
Cons
Low Pay, Low ability of advancement
great job
Geospatial Imagery Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 22, 2017
I was a part time employee for GA. When I deployed that's when I got paid. I didn't want to move to California at the time because of my military requirement.

Want to know more about General Atomics Aeronautical Systems?

Ask a question
It was fun
Graphic Illustrator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 9, 2017
The stress level when I worked there was very high. This was because of the manager there ( no longer working there). He would often make everyone stressed. He would often shuffle leads around and genuinely cause chaos for no reason other than someone was getting good at that position.

Everyone else was really cool to work with. I met some really good people who turned out to be excellent friends. We worked on some fun stuff.
benefits
Cons
Manager at that time
Always interesting
Industrial Electrician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 20, 2017
Lots of variety and exposure to new and emerging technologies with an interesting and diverse group of coworkers to spend your time with...always something to do.
Unfriendly atmosphere
Purchasing Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Poway, CAApril 7, 2017
They never compliment you on a job well done. Have a really bad negative attitude all the time. Not a very cozy feeling to work with.
No one ever works with a smile.
I have no Pros to write about.
Growing Company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Adelanto, CAMarch 25, 2017
GA-ASI has is a young company that is going through a lot of changes. There is a lot of potential for career growth for those willing to do the work necessary.
Pros
company is growing
Cons
a lot of changes
Senior Quality Engineer, Missiles & Defense
Employed by a major defense company (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 17, 2017
Military contractors need to hire people with a passion for defending our country and giving everything to make their contributions mean something.
Managers need to inspire their teams to excel. If your not going to give your all, get a job at Walmart.
Our Military needs the best of the best to succeed, and defend our country.
If you are not passionate about your career, you will be left in the weeds. make yourself known by your contributions, not your complaints.
Very good place for a long term career
Staff Engineer, Avionics Packaging & Env Test (Former Employee) –  Poway, CAFebruary 16, 2017
GA-ASI had established a family type environment since before I started with the company in 2005. Also, the people have always been very good to work with. In addition to that, the UAV product has been proven to be a good product and has continually been stable in the military market.
Pros
Very stable organization
Cons
Still operate in a small company philosophy
Pay
Logistics Development Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Poway, CAFebruary 5, 2017
Compared to a lot of DoD type companies GA has pretty good benefits. Only problem is once you start you will never get good raises to include switching departments. You have to switch companies and come back to make any real growth.
Pros
9/80 schedule, my department has great supervisors, but leads are weak.
Cons
Its easy for poor employees to hang around and leave you help shoulder the work.
Excellent place
PC Tech (Former Employee) –  PalJanuary 28, 2017
Great place to work. No traffic getting there or back, which is a plus. Easy going, no dress code, and laid back. Lots of holidays and now they have every other Friday off.
Pros
2 weeks off for holidays season.
Cons
Lunch places are hard to find because of where it's located.
Great Place!
Project Engineer Intern (Current Employee) –  Poway, CADecember 27, 2016
Working at General Atomics Aeronautical was such a great place to start off and dive into the professional engineering world. My co-workers are wonderful and the management was what management should be. Everything was fair and each day of work is great.
productive just looking for advancement
Technician II assisting propulsion (Current Employee) –  Adelanto, CADecember 7, 2016
Great company, multiple locations. Process is a bit different and surprising coming from a military background and with this company being one of the top contractors for UAV's
Pros
9/80 schedule, paid hollidays
Cons
distance of travel, company structure and methods

Ask a question about working or interviewing at General Atomics Aeronautical Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Reviews by Location