General Construction Employee Reviews

It was a job
laborer (Former Employee) –  Menahga, MNDecember 4, 2017
The job wasn't horrible but it wasn't worth staying with. i dont want to say anything more id rather this be not here and htat i dont have to complete this
Construction and daily work
Ruby Colins General Contractor, GA (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GADecember 3, 2017
I do numerous different things, from using a shovel all day long to running jack hammers. The work is very hard but the group of guys i work with are good guys, we take care of each other and joke with each other all day long which makes the hard long days a little easier.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
traveling
Day as a sub
Sub Contractor (Former Employee) –  Milltown, WIDecember 1, 2017
As a sub contractor it has it,s and bad days .The good was i,m my own boss and only had to answer to myself if things went wrong.The bad is having to deal with time frame as a sub dealing with differnt sub,s getting there part done so i could do my job.
Pros
Your own Boss
Cons
Cut throat sub contractors under bidding you.
hard work
Basic general laborer (Former Employee) –  Vandergrift, PANovember 7, 2017
you have to have a nact for it and it is in the elements and i liked it for what i learned and i think it is for anyone who likes to learn but it is a comp. bus.
Pros
exp, money
Cons
hartd work long hours
Awesome boss
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAOctober 28, 2017
I worked doing a number of jobs with a general contractor Jesse Groberg man was more than fair with pay advancement etc. Job was fun and rewarding good for someone who doesn't mind hard work.
Pros
Boss
Cons
Sometimes lack of work
Great relationships Family like company
CJR Construction (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 16, 2017
Great company, however, simply has its defects. From no paid vacations to no overtime being time and a half. Saturday's would simply be paid at regular wage.
Pros
Clock in time was 8am
Cons
No overtime
general construction
Self Employed (Current Employee) –  Bladenboro, NCSeptember 27, 2017
The only down fall is, That it is not constant work so your not working every day getting paid every week. I am looking for something more set in stone with weekly pay. Enjoyed working there, i also learned a lot working there. I am always interested in learning something new.
Pros
work for your self
Cons
not constant work, also work gets slow at times
Great Job
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Caulfield, MOSeptember 20, 2017
Construction work is always a seasonal thing, so job security is not really there, but the work is laid back and less stressful then factory work or office work.
Pros
Laid back job
Cons
Seasonal Work so Winter time is tight on the budget
general construction on a temp job
Laborer/Helper (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CASeptember 18, 2017
it was a temp job and I worked there until I procured a permanent part time job. I worked there to make sure I could pay my bills and lived from check to check
It was ok for something inbetween jobs
laborer/ Traffic Controller (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CA, Stockton, CAAugust 27, 2017
You got paid daily, but you got paid minimum wage for work you should get to dollar for. The job was good for someone without experience you learn a lot about construction and how to do new things on construction sites. It was hard work outside in the sun or rain. I liked working with my hands building things and seeing my work when the day is over.
Pros
You get paid daily
Cons
Pay is low wage
General laborer
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORAugust 21, 2017
There was never really a normal day, each day was a new project, and new obstacles to surpass The hardest part of the job was the physical demand in uncontrolled environments and weather.
New, exciting and challenging work everyday
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Mentone, CAJuly 13, 2017
Hard work, but is rewarding and you learn skills that can be applied throughout your life. The work is different almost everyday as I am a mainly home remodeler, so it keeps things interesting.
Enjoyable and informative work experience.
Sprinkler Technician (Former Employee) –  Sunray, TXJuly 12, 2017
I spent my day digging holes and laying down pvc for sprinklers. I worked on electronic valves and replaced heads often. The culture was very laid back as it was a private business. The hardest part of the job was digging. The most enjoyable part was the things I learned working there.
Pros
Laid back enviroment, good management.
Cons
Random Hours
Great work experience
General Construction worker (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 21, 2017
great place to grow and learn and also gave many opportunities for those who wanted more then there job title. and also a company that always had many contracts.
Pros
45 minute lunch
Cons
job site location
Operator
Operator (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, FLJune 1, 2017
At North Florida Construction; I was called the operator simple because my super told me that was my job to check equipment daily and load and unload all material needed to complete a project. I had to keep material separated and available to get to easy as possible to keep our operation runing smoothly.
fun jobs to be
carpenter, residential and commercial, Interior (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 12, 2017
work is great, but the hardest job is being rush to finish the job in 2 days ,the culture needs improvement,management needs improvement. very friendly place to work
Pros
good pay
Cons
no health benefits
Great atmosphere working with the main boss.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  La Quinta, CAMarch 22, 2017
Show up to job site prepare for advancement in construction project.
I learned many different types of getting the job done right and efficiently, also different tools and materials.
The hardest Part of the job was the heavy lifting.
pretty descent company
ROUSTABOUT SERVICES/PIPE INSULATOR (Former Employee) –  North DakotaMarch 3, 2017
sometimes you work 9 months straight and sometimes you go without work fir three months. it all depends on your craft and what time of the year it is.
Excellent Place to Work!
General Contractor (Former Employee) –  San Ignacio, BelizeJanuary 18, 2017
Great work life balance, great work environment and happy people to work with! I would definitely recommend to anyone that they should work here if they have the chance!
great experience
construction worker (Former Employee) –  trinidadJanuary 2, 2017
I gained a lot of hands on experience working here. It is a great place to learn and grow. Co-workers were very helpful and great team players. Hours were great and so was pay.