General Construction Employee Reviews

pretty descent company
ROUSTABOUT SERVICES/PIPE INSULATOR (Former Employee) –  North DakotaMarch 3, 2017
sometimes you work 9 months straight and sometimes you go without work fir three months. it all depends on your craft and what time of the year it is.
Excellent Place to Work!
General Contractor (Former Employee) –  San Ignacio, BelizeJanuary 18, 2017
Great work life balance, great work environment and happy people to work with! I would definitely recommend to anyone that they should work here if they have the chance!
great experience
construction worker (Former Employee) –  trinidadJanuary 2, 2017
I gained a lot of hands on experience working here. It is a great place to learn and grow. Co-workers were very helpful and great team players. Hours were great and so was pay.
loved working outdoors
Grunt Worker (Former Employee) –  Cobb, CADecember 14, 2016
i loved doing this job i worked with a awesome crew and was always paid properly and learned a lot of general construction from them. if looking for employement in this field give them a call they will get you going.
Pros
awesome crew
Cons
seasonal work
Interesting job, with interesting coworkers
Electrical helper (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 30, 2016
The work was hard but paid well, I learned basic electrical skills, the managers were nice. co-workers were ok, but seemed somewhat prejudiced.
Pros
good pay
Cons
very hard work
Fun but a tough job to work
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, WIJuly 6, 2016
A typical day working with General Construction Services would include framing houses for an entire summer. That is to include siding the house, roofing and everything else. The only services General Construction Services wouldn't do was the pluming and electrical service. I got along great with my other co-workers, and the owner of the company. Working with General Construction Services gave me the strong work ethic that I have today, and I'm grateful for that.
Pros
able to work outside, and with close friends
Cons
summers were hot and did not enjoy working in thew winter time
working with wood building houses great job
CARPENTER (Former Employee) –  monte vista co.June 17, 2016
made some good friends learned a lot about how to build roofing siding good job working outside up in mountains couldn't ask for better job just work ran out drag
Hard, but rewarding.
Watched fellow (Former Employee) –  Marble Falls, TXMay 23, 2016
It was a very good experience for me. I learned a lot from working here. I learned how to preform upkeep on buildings and fences as well as how to properly clean out dishes and silverware.
Pros
Food and housing.
Cons
worked from 5am to 10pm
It was a family oriented and diverse work place.
Laborer/Driver (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 22, 2016
A day at work was laid back but hard work in all elements. I learned to work better with my hands, be a leader, and became certified in abatement removal. As in any job some of the management worked well in their positions and others not so well with people. The workers always came together like a family to get the job done. The hardest part of the job is making sure its done right and efficiently. Traveling to knew places made it enjoyable meeting new people and seeing new places.
It was a fun job
Construction Crew (Former Employee) –  Centerville, TNApril 5, 2016
it was a fun job never worked the same place you were at a job for about two weeks and on to the next one at a new place and the co- workers were good to work with. And i learned how to floor,roof,dry wall, etc
Pros
never working in the same spot
Cons
Learned a lot. Was able to put my skills to terrific use.
Supervisor, Thompson Land (Former Employee) –  2303 Oyster LaneJanuary 29, 2016
I grew up on this job. I became a supervisor of jobs and employees, and I became very successful and leading/managing people, while also finding the most cost effective yet efficient ways to complete jobs to the customers satisfaction.
Excellent opportunities for hard workers
Journeyman through Foreman (Former Employee) –  CANovember 1, 2015
Over those years I worked for several construction and glass companies and received good training in skilled trades. I have made life-long friendships with owners and their families.
Great Construction Company
Drywall Installer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 26, 2015
Learned to work with all types of construction tools and electrical machinery. I learned how to read blueprints. I learned self discipline for it taught me how to work in different weather environments. The hardest part of the job was working in the winter. The co-workers were great to work with.
Tough job but great opportunity
Plasterer/Painter (Former Employee) –  Astoria, NYJuly 27, 2015
This was a great company with the some of the crew working for the owner for many years. I had learned a lot about plastering even though I already knew how to do it. The job was hard and really was all about quantity and not quality. What I enjoyed most was the sense of camaraderie
Good opportunity to gain experience.
Installer/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Gaylord, MIMay 28, 2015
Many things going on. Opportunity to lead by example. Co-workers had good worker ethic. Boss's young sons played on equipment too much. Great to see the results of our hard work.
Pros
Knew the boss personaly.
Cons
Boss's nephew was a pain.
Hard work
Helper (Current Employee) –  Clifton, NJMay 12, 2015
The general construction gives a lot of experience with using power tools and also how to manage time on job site. Gives opportunity to work in teamwork
Productive Place
Housekeeping in all ground facilities (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 5, 2015
It was great working for General Construction. It didn't financially support me enough. Lack of shifts for employees after the 9/11 attack.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Pay rate
Removal of old material, measure, cut, and install new materials.
Assembly Man, Full Time (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 27, 2015
Vinyl Siding, Shudders, Cedar Trim work and finish Woodwork. Cleanup. Creating and building new materials and objects is a passion that I like to follow through until the end. Quality finished products make for a good work day!
Constantly on the road and no benefits.
laborer for steel constructors inc (Current Employee) –  Spring Valley, MNMarch 7, 2015
working on the road in various states during the week doing general construction on A.O. Smith harvester silos and digester tanks for both private farmers and state contracted projects. The job is not too hard physically and is a good job for someone young like myself it is hard as a homeowner and husband to be gone on the road every week. Co-workers are for the most part enjoyable to be around but there is very little leadership or good direction from superiors when the boss is away. The hardest part of my job is that while I do receive a fairly decent wage, we are given no benefits and are laid off for an unknown period of time during the winter.
Pros
chance to travel and see new things and not have the same work day every day.
Cons
upredictible work schedule, no benefits, too much travel for someone family oriented.
General Laborer
Labor (Current Employee) –  Caruthers, CAFebruary 17, 2015
A typical day for a laborer you will lift, dig, clean, and do whatever is needed from you that someone else doesn't want to do.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at General Construction. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2