General Contractor Employee Reviews in United States

Flexible and productive workforce with room for gaining experience in different trades
Bookkeeper & Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 26, 2014
Being a single mother and having a flexible job/career is ideal. I am able to care for my family in the way that I need and I am also able to run my own cleaning business as well. It's as if I have my necessities, but the only downfall is that it is part time and I would rather full time hours. The management is very firm but fair ad the environment is not stressful.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
its only allows part time hours and no benefits
Productive hard working job
Roofer/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAOctober 26, 2013
I would start the day off by figuring how much of everything I needed with basic math. Then go ahead and get putting my body and mind to work under pressure. Very labor intensive job and very team oriented. Working well with co-workers is a must in this profession. Especially, while 80 ft. in the air, on a roof for 9-10 hours in 95 degree heat. Defiantly a hard job but teaches you patients and how to be calm in tough places. All in all it was a fun job.
Pros
free workout
Cons
no benifits
Challenging environment
VP/CFO (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 4, 2012
I managed the accounting department for over 18 years. The amount of knowledge that I gained from this experience is not something that can be written down on paper. I was able to grow up with the company , giving 110% each and every day. The expectations of the job and the company were very challenging at times but all year end audits were completed timely without errors.
Pros
knowledge gained on the job
Cons
expectation to manage department and work were challenging
get your broom
driver/courier (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 24, 2015
mostly did demolition work and clean out and clean up work. delivering materials to other workers on site. making sure the work place was clean and safe for all to work.
Pros
easy no brainer work
Cons
no moving up or learning something new.
Good
General Contractor (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CANovember 4, 2014
I work with couple of guys and clients. I made sure that at the end of the job , they are happy with whatever is the finish product of the project.
Same as 25 years ago....
Building Contractor (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 5, 2014
Love it!

Dream Job.

Love the business of building, remodeling, additions, renovations.
productivity and quality of work
Window Installer (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIFebruary 27, 2013
quality of work and productivity is the goal I have in mind. quickly and learn new things about this work