GENERAL DENTISTRY

GENERAL DENTISTRY United States Employee Reviews

No managment
Internship (Former Employee), Mesa, AZFebruary 4, 2015
Very busy office , no structure or good management. Long hours untrained staff. old equipment. needs help with customer services.

no benefits, or good pay.
Very close knit group and Family oriented
4 handed assisting (Former Employee), Concord, CaliforniaJanuary 13, 2015
Very soft approach to Clientel. Listened to their needs and gave them the best.
Very close group and shared responsibilites if needed.
Stayed on schedule and our patients were very sad to see
our Dentist leave.
He decided to adventure in another path.

I being the receptionist/ assistant and the full time Assistant
stayed very close even today.
Steriliztion tech/ rover
Sterilization and back office assistant (Former Employee), Lodi CAOctober 13, 2014
Fun Dr. Helpful staff and wonderful employees. Great place to work
Working with the doctor is great and she is sweet person.
Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Addison, TXSeptember 17, 2014
The job is good and the doctor is a excellent person to work with and she treat her staff a great and her patient good.
Very independent
Register Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Addison, TXApril 22, 2014
Pros: get along with the boss
Cons: not enough salaries
A typical day at work is just answering phone making sure scheduling patients for appointment. I learned how to multitask three thing at once. The management is very good and friendly. With this job you and the boss are the only two people in the work environment.The part of this job is that you have a lot of task to do and you got to make sure you are on top of the work. What I love about this job how close you get along with the boss of the company.
Great Advancement Opportunities and Employee Friendly
Private Insurance Coordinator (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMarch 17, 2014
Great Advancement Opportunities and Employee Friendly. Recommended for good work, recognitions and great knowledge and understanding of field(s).
General Dentist
General Dentist (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKFebruary 16, 2014
General Dentistry

Provides treatments that includes restorative (dental restorations, crowns, bridges), prosthetic (dentures, partials), endodontic (root canal) therapy, periodontal (gum) therapy, and exodontia (extraction of teeth), as well as performing examinations, taking radiographs (x-rays) and diagnosis.
Great Caring Compassionate Employers
Director of Accounts Receivable (Current Employee), Tucson, AZFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule-work from home
Analyzes, plans, initiates, coordinates and implements actions required to maximize collections of receivables. Audits, analyzes, and reviews information regarding the established third party receivable to discuss the status of the account when inquiry is made on follow-up. Analyzes claims to ensure expected payments are consistent and in accordance with the specific policy and or regulatory rules. Identifies and follows up on ways to expedite collections.

I have learned to listen thoroughly and attentively and not to jump to conclusions. A manager sets the tone for the entire office.

The hardest part of the job is traveling and being away from family.

The most enjoyable part of the job is everything minus the traveling.
Great Doctors
Front office Assistant Manager/GA Coordinator (Former Employee), Phoenix AZJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: team meating with lunch
I worked at GD4K long time learned about Dental field and always felt appreciated for all the hard work.
Good Benefits
Administrative Scheduler (Former Employee), Clinton, MDDecember 4, 2013
Pros: meeting new people.
Cons: no career advancement.
Small business, but always kept an upbeat attitude with the staff as well as the patients. Learned a lot about insurance companies which definitely helped me in the future.
This was a very nice, quiet office with just the dentist, his assistant, a hygienist and myself.
Business Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, Tx.September 25, 2013
Pros: very nice office with nice co-workers.
Cons: very slow paced. i prefer a faster paced office with more multi-tasking, or at least a busier office.
I was the receptionist in this dental office with one dentist. I scheduled the appointments for the dentist and hygienist, called to remind & get patients to schedule appointments for both and did the billing and insurance, This was a very quiet, slow paced office. My co-workers were very nice. My employer was not especially friendly, and I never felt I got to know him as a person.
Good
Registered Dental Hygienist (Current Employee), KansasMay 20, 2013
Pros: family friendly
Cons: no benefits
Family friendly, easy going. Benefits could be better. Great co workers.
Productive workplace
Dental Assistant, St. Joseph Clinic (Former Employee), Oakland, CAJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: meeting people of all ages and taking care of them
Cons: long hours, no health benefits
Assist Dentist
long work days 9-8 p.m. Monday through Saturday
Enjoyed meeting new people in General Dentistry adults and children of all ages
Dental and Phlebotomy
Chair side assisting (Former Employee), Los Angeles CaliforniaJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: helping people
Cons: maybe pay caould be a little higher
I love being in the Medical and Dental field. A typical day at a dental clinic is a lot of taking x-ray's. A lot of teeth cleaning and exam's. The most enjoyable part of this career is helping someone get there teeth fixed and seeing an emotional positive reaction with the outcome and I love being a part of that.
As a phlebotomist I love working in this field because of the constant work and being almost independent in what I do. I love drawing blood from people who are scared of needles because I am so gentle that most of the time my patient's leave happy that it didn't hurt to get their blood drawn. My most favorite part of the job is making a patient change their view with blood draws. I am soo gentle and making sure it doesn't hurt my patient and seeing their smile when I got the vein and they didn't feel it warms my heart.
I just love both of my career's and would love to do both. I can't just choose one.
Great Work Place
Assisting the dentist (Former Employee), Orange City,FLAugust 24, 2012
Pros: great co-workers and team work
Cons: no raises
Assisting the dentist in most dental procedures. Assisting the dentist with dental treatment and documenting all dental procedures according to the dentist's instructions. Taking care of my patients and dentist. Preparing operatories, Sterilizing instruments, Taking and developing X-Rays then mounting them for the dentist. Present to the patients their diagnosed dental treatment plans and proposed plan for continuing treatments....
Nice people. Relax place.
Dental assistant (Former Employee), Upland, CAJuly 10, 2012
Pros: free lunches. good office
Cons: no benefits
Assisting in general dentistry. Xray taking. Impression taking. Cleaning areas.
Unorgainized
Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Tucson AZMarch 7, 2012
Cons: compensation; hours; benefits; progression.
I was there for 8 months, and within that 8 months, 7 people came and went. Due to unprofessional atmosphere, and unprofessional employees. They promise you a certain wage upon being hired, and then will recant it come due time. The back office manager for the Ortho division is very professional, but it's all politics with the rest of the employees. I am not a disgruntled employee, I enjoyed some of the staff, and didn't agree with how business was ran all together.

GENERAL DENTISTRY Salaries