GENERAL DENTISTRY Employee Reviews in United States

Busy practice providing great service
OFFICE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Randallstown, MDJune 5, 2016
Busy dental office with family feel. Patients feel like they are part of a great family providing them with great service.
Pros
Good staff and patient base
Cons
NONE
No managment
Internship (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZFebruary 4, 2015
Very busy office , no structure or good management. Long hours untrained staff. old equipment. needs help with customer services.

no benefits, or good pay.
Unorgainized
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson AZMarch 7, 2012
I was there for 8 months, and within that 8 months, 7 people came and went. Due to unprofessional atmosphere, and unprofessional employees. They promise you a certain wage upon being hired, and then will recant it come due time. The back office manager for the Ortho division is very professional, but it's all politics with the rest of the employees. I am not a disgruntled employee, I enjoyed some of the staff, and didn't agree with how business was ran all together.
Cons
compensation; hours; benefits; progression.
every day is a new adventure
owner/general dentist (Current Employee) –  Irving,TexasSeptember 22, 2015
I have been a General Dentist since 1981.I love Dentistry, treating and interacting with patients of all ages. It is a privilege and honor to be able to be of assistance in a patient's oral health needs. I have worked in various general dentist settings .
Pros
interacting with patients
Dental and Phlebotomy
Chair side assisting (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles CaliforniaJanuary 11, 2013
I love being in the Medical and Dental field. A typical day at a dental clinic is a lot of taking x-ray's. A lot of teeth cleaning and exam's. The most enjoyable part of this career is helping someone get there teeth fixed and seeing an emotional positive reaction with the outcome and I love being a part of that.
As a phlebotomist I love working in this field because of the constant work and being almost independent in what I do. I love drawing blood from people who are scared of needles because I am so gentle that most of the time my patient's leave happy that it didn't hurt to get their blood drawn. My most favorite part of the job is making a patient change their view with blood draws. I am soo gentle and making sure it doesn't hurt my patient and seeing their smile when I got the vein and they didn't feel it warms my heart.
I just love both of my career's and would love to do both. I can't just choose one.
Pros
helping people
Cons
maybe pay caould be a little higher
Productive workplace
Dental Assistant, St. Joseph Clinic (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 21, 2013
Assist Dentist
long work days 9-8 p.m. Monday through Saturday
Enjoyed meeting new people in General Dentistry adults and children of all ages
Pros
meeting people of all ages and taking care of them
Cons
long hours, no health benefits
Very independent
Register Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXApril 22, 2014
A typical day at work is just answering phone making sure scheduling patients for appointment. I learned how to multitask three thing at once. The management is very good and friendly. With this job you and the boss are the only two people in the work environment.The part of this job is that you have a lot of task to do and you got to make sure you are on top of the work. What I love about this job how close you get along with the boss of the company.
Pros
get along with the boss
Cons
not enough salaries
General Dentistry
Dental assisting (Former Employee) –  Mill Valley CAMay 11, 2015
I learned how much I love dentistry working with varies dental offices. Did all front office work including insurance billing, and treatment plans.
Pros
interacting as a team
Great Caring Compassionate Employers
Director of Accounts Receivable (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 7, 2014
Analyzes, plans, initiates, coordinates and implements actions required to maximize collections of receivables. Audits, analyzes, and reviews information regarding the established third party receivable to discuss the status of the account when inquiry is made on follow-up. Analyzes claims to ensure expected payments are consistent and in accordance with the specific policy and or regulatory rules. Identifies and follows up on ways to expedite collections.

I have learned to listen thoroughly and attentively and not to jump to conclusions. A manager sets the tone for the entire office.

The hardest part of the job is traveling and being away from family.

The most enjoyable part of the job is everything minus the traveling.
Pros
flexible work schedule-work from home
Very close knit group and Family oriented
4 handed assisting (Former Employee) –  Concord, CaliforniaJanuary 13, 2015
Very soft approach to Clientel. Listened to their needs and gave them the best.
Very close group and shared responsibilites if needed.
Stayed on schedule and our patients were very sad to see
our Dentist leave.
He decided to adventure in another path.

I being the receptionist/ assistant and the full time Assistant
stayed very close even today.
Great Advancement Opportunities and Employee Friendly
Private Insurance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 17, 2014
Great Advancement Opportunities and Employee Friendly. Recommended for good work, recognitions and great knowledge and understanding of field(s).
Good Benefits
Administrative Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MDDecember 4, 2013
Small business, but always kept an upbeat attitude with the staff as well as the patients. Learned a lot about insurance companies which definitely helped me in the future.
Pros
meeting new people.
Cons
no career advancement.
Good
Registered Dental Hygienist (Current Employee) –  KansasMay 20, 2013
Family friendly, easy going. Benefits could be better. Great co workers.
Pros
family friendly
Cons
no benefits
This was a very nice, quiet office with just the dentist, his assistant, a hygienist and myself.
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, Tx.September 25, 2013
I was the receptionist in this dental office with one dentist. I scheduled the appointments for the dentist and hygienist, called to remind & get patients to schedule appointments for both and did the billing and insurance, This was a very quiet, slow paced office. My co-workers were very nice. My employer was not especially friendly, and I never felt I got to know him as a person.
Pros
very nice office with nice co-workers.
Cons
very slow paced. i prefer a faster paced office with more multi-tasking, or at least a busier office.
Nice people. Relax place.
Dental assistant (Former Employee) –  Upland, CAJuly 10, 2012
Assisting in general dentistry. Xray taking. Impression taking. Cleaning areas.
Pros
free lunches. good office
Cons
no benefits
Steriliztion tech/ rover
Sterilization and back office assistant (Former Employee) –  Lodi CAOctober 13, 2014
Fun Dr. Helpful staff and wonderful employees. Great place to work
Working with the doctor is great and she is sweet person.
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXSeptember 17, 2014
The job is good and the doctor is a excellent person to work with and she treat her staff a great and her patient good.
Great Doctors
Front office Assistant Manager/GA Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix AZJanuary 17, 2014
I worked at GD4K long time learned about Dental field and always felt appreciated for all the hard work.
Pros
team meating with lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GENERAL DENTISTRY. Our community is ready to answer.

GENERAL DENTISTRY Reviews by Location