General Dynamics - IT

General Dynamics - IT Employee Reviews

Productive and very informative job
Baby sitter (Current Employee), Riverview, FLJuly 29, 2015
Working at GDIT was my first call center job. It was one of the best experiences, i learned so much information and improved my customer skills.
An Average Large Company
Mission Support Administrator (Current Employee), Dulles, VAJuly 28, 2015
Pros: A large company with lots of positions.
Cons: Does not look out for their senior employees. Also, they do not offer many healthcare options.
GD is a decent large company to work for with an average compensation package. Management can be great depending on who you work for just like with any other company.
Principal Specialist, C-IED/EOD Instructor (Current Employee), Fort Huachuca, AZJuly 28, 2015
GDIT is a great place to work with great benefits and extremely competitive salary. The Weapons Intelligence Course encourages and supports individual advancement and self-improvement
Productive and fun work environment
CCO (Current Employee), Bogalusa, LouisianaJuly 27, 2015
Pros: able to chose schedules
Cons: short breaks, do not offer raises.
Currently working at the Bogalusa site. Productive and fun work environment but do not offer yearly raises. Decent amount of pay, but it is not a competitive pay.
Productive workplace, busy incoming calls daily
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Chester VAJuly 23, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
A typical day starts with head sets on and following empower answering incoming calls day, no social time with coworkers and the most enjoyable part of the job is off phones segments.
NA
Customer Service Representative/Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Sandy, UTJuly 23, 2015
It was okay but not great. Most of the people didn't like working there and more than half of them walked off the job because of the poor management.
Call center, typical environment
Associate Helpdesk Assistant (Current Employee), West Des Moines, IAJuly 22, 2015
Cons: clock watchers, 30 minute lunch not enough to go out and actually eat.
Call center, typical environment.
Most days are fast paced and little down time.
Most co-workers have good work ethic.
The hardest part of the job
Call Center Operator (Former Employee), Chester, VAJuly 17, 2015
The hardest part of the job is training. Some things you won't understand until you're on the floor. Some things might not make as must sense until you have done it to understand.
Is a good company to work for.
Sr. Engineer Software/Business Analyst (Current Employee), New OrleansJuly 17, 2015
Work environment is very pleasant. Coworkers are very good.
Would recommend this company to others. That is all I am going to say.
Customer service representative, typical day at work is bussy, call volume is high. Assist beneficiaries with questions and concerns.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Riverview, FLJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Good health benefits, 401K and stability.
Cons: n/a
Typical day, expect high call volume. Answered questions concerning the health insurance and helped with coverage guidelines as well. Claims trained. Durable medical equipment trained.
Overall a great company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Riverview, FLJuly 16, 2015
Pros: flexible with attendance
Cons: My scheduled shift
I handle calls assisting consumers with their health insurance marketplace applications. This job has enhanced my customer service and computer skills. Our management team works hard at making sure both consumers and employees and taken care of and that all job requirements within the company are met. At GDIT the management team keeps an open door policy, which allows employees to seek or consult with management freely. This is very helpful for us employees who have any questions or issues. My co-workers are very friendly and professional, and overall a joy to be around. The hardest part of my position would be maintaining an above average scorecard based on company graded calls. the most enjoyable part of my job is reviewing those great scores and actually receiving positive feedback from upper management about it.
Company has grown to fast and manages as a small business
Strategic Workforce Planning Team Lead/Supervisor (Former Employee), Hattiesburg, MSJuly 15, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: Needs to explore new ways on managing contact queues
Company has grown to fast and needs to change how they manage the company as a large business rather than a small business like they are used to.
There is no job security, especially to non management position
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Lawrence, KSJuly 14, 2015
The management is set on groupthink when one is outside that, to succeed is impossible. The company is overly strict on security that individual's ability to function normally is tightly restricted. I do not have complaint as for me because of the need but many would.

Turnover is exceedingly high on all levels of function, mostly on non management class, as well as the supervisors.
Ill-managed
Associate Software Engineer (Current Employee), Bethesda, MDJuly 13, 2015
Throughout my two years at the company working on a contract, management was too frequently focused on cost and not on performance.
Gratifying job but training needs improvement
General Clerk (Current Employee), Hattiesburg, MSJuly 12, 2015
Pros: Healthcare, coworkers, gratifying
Cons: Insufficient training, strict schedule, supervisor not trained to assist
I have been employed by General Dynamics as a csr for almost four months. I have been in training almost two of these months. I enjoy assisting consumers by researching information to answer their questions. The work is gratifying.

One concern that I have is adhering to the strict phone schedule. If properly trained on phone functions and codes, adhering to the schedule is not a problem. I was recently trained on how to use the phone even though I have taken calls for two months.
Unstable Work Environment
SENIOR LOGISTICS ANALYST (Former Employee), Stafford, VAJuly 10, 2015
The most challenging obstacle was the absence of consistent guidance, and the negligence of management in providing the appropriate resources to complete job requirements and tasks.

Good work/life balance with moments of high operation tempo, and moments of low impact. Compensation was decent for the area.
Call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TexasJuly 10, 2015
A typical call center job. You will meet new phone, make new friendship, but also learn how to be great in customer service.
productive call center place
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 10, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company.
Call center is now closed. I would think due to non-productivity
Customer Center Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Location was extremely close to my home
Cons: Short breaks, way too many immature people within the organization
Total chaos. The wrong people were setup as management. Everything and everyone didn't know whether they were going or coming. Overall I enjoyed what I was there for and that was to enroll individuals in Healthcare for the affordable care act. The only reason I left was due to the call center closing.
Poor culture, bad management
Sr. Accounting Assistant (Former Employee), Needham, MAJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: The worst management
If you want to learn you have to do it yourself here. The training for a new position is poor, and no one want to teach.
Management is not interested how you do your job as soon as you don't complain. They are not interested in any improvement, they don't have time for this.
The managers only hire their friends and if you are an old employee, they will try to fire you. They form a ring that protect and help themselves.

The Accounts Payable department lacks of professional people, and if someone try to be professional, they make you feel that you do not belong to this department.
It is extremely hard to advance in your career.
Headquarters