General Dynamics - IT

General Dynamics - IT Employer Reviews

No Secuirty
Windows System Engineer (Current Employee), West Des Moines, IAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Pay and you get vacation day one
Cons: Poor Benefits, interdepartmental communication, huge lack of security
The pay is okay but the benefits are just terrible. I have never spent more on health care in my life. The different teams don't communicate and are always at odds. Also because everything is on a contract there is no security at all.
A normal workplace
Customer Service Rep/Passport specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 27, 2015
Working at a place for passports you get calls from everywhere. You hear so many stories, whether true or not, and you may have those customers that are more upset than anything. You have to learn to talk them down and continue with helping them.
Excellent company to work for.
Program Manager (Former Employee), Miami, FLMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Great management team.
Cons: None.
General Dynamics was a great company to work for. As with any company dealing with government contracts, you have the opportunity to learn a lot as long as you are willing to commit yourself.
Great place to interact and appreciate the financial help we receive.
CSR (Former Employee), Chester, VAMarch 26, 2015
Working at GDIT i learned integrity, honesty, but most important i learned that patience is the key for a successful life.
Busy and productive place to work.
Manager, Software Engineering (Current Employee), Herndon, VAMarch 25, 2015
The environment at GDIT is busy and challenging. Co-worker are extremely capable and highly skilled. There is more than enough work to keep you busy.
Great work for students with extremely flexible schedules
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lawrence, KSMarch 23, 2015
Very busy for 6 months of the year, then expect to lose your contract due to workload dropoff. Management is constantly changing and quality is a joke.
Associate Specialist/Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Chester, VAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: benefits, pay
Cons: short breaks
Nice place to work, great environment. strict policies. Great information on health insurance. Call center experience
A large company.
Wintel Engineer (Current Employee), West Des Moines IAMarch 23, 2015
Due to the size of General Dynamics it would be impossible to get a good idea of all the possible environments one could work at there. Mine was originally a smaller company bought by a larger one, then bought by General Dynamics. We probably did not work the same as other sites.
Thankful for experience but was mislead
Customer Service Representative Tier I (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 19, 2015
Pros: free insurance
Cons: no advancement
Thankful for the experience. Excellent benefits but disappointed because I was moved to a new department that did not exist.Seem to be only interested in bilingual workers.
very comforatble enviorment
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), chester, VAMarch 18, 2015
A typical day at work to me is when the calls are about 5 minutes apart. I learn something new everyday about health insurance. My co-workers are very helpful to me when I am on a difficult call or just when I have a quick question. The hardest part of my job is when a caller is screaming and yelling in my ear and calling me names while the most enjoyable part is actually knowing I helped someone.
Marketplace Call Center
Certified Marketplace CSR (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 15, 2015
It was a very interesting experience. The Affordable Care Act was the first of it's kind, so being a part of that and learning more of what it was about was exciting.
Great team members to work with and the management was very involved in projects to ensure they were met with the best standards.
Systems Administrator (Current Employee), KuwaitMarch 12, 2015
Pros: work atmosphere
Cons: commute to work
I enjoy working with this company, even during the brief time that I have been there. Work environment was as expected, and my co-workers assisted when necessary. I was allowed to work under minimal supervision after gaining the trust within the team to accomplish given tasks.
Fun workplace with lots of interactivity and challenges
Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee), Stafford, VAMarch 12, 2015
Pros: fun workplace with lots of interactivity and challenges
The typical day consist of Logistics Element decision making such as, MOS Training, Tech Manuals, Supply Support, IPTs and program documentation such as Life Cycle Sustainment Plan, Fielding Plan, Item Unique Identification Plan and Disposal Plan development for Logistics Vehicle System Replacement (LVSR). During my years working on a major logistics support vehicle I learned how the active forces trained and deployed the three LVSR variants Tractor, Wrecker and Transport. Each day brought a new set of circumstances and challenges. I managed the team with varying skill sets. The contract was inclusive of both Medium Tactical Vehicle Replacement (MTVR) and LVSR support. The team was made up of Logistics, Engineering and Business working collectively as single team sharing information and resources. All of my Co-workers stayed current and shared what was happening and we all got along extremely well. The hardest part was the coordination of resources to meet each challenge base on the schedule and getting the LVSR into the fight in a timely manner. The day the Program Office shipped the LVSR to join the fight in Afghanistan to support Marines in the field is what it was all about.
Busy place/Not very organized
Supervisor/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), London, KYMarch 10, 2015
They could give compliments were they are do. But this place is so busy and big that it is so unorganized. I would have liked to be able to work from home b/c it's answering phones and the supervisors could even work from home. It would be that easy for this company.
Gov't Contractor
Facility Security Officer (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAMarch 9, 2015
They are a typical Gov't Contractor, and I learned a lot during my tenure with General Dynamics and General Dynamics companies.
Productive place to work
CSR/Marketplace (Current Employee), Chester, VAMarch 6, 2015
I enjoy providing quality customer service for GDIT. My co-workers are equally as motivated to provide great customer service.
Great Place To Work
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 5, 2015
General Dynamics is a great place to work, Its a call center that deals with inbound calls. You have to be ready to take back to back calls and depending on the tier you are in and what contract you are under determines the calls you will receive. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people you meet.
Entertaining, yet educational place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee), London, KYMarch 5, 2015
Pros: 401k, health insurance
Cons: short breaks, the drive to work (2 hours)
I am in charge of 26 agents who work for government insurance. In reaching our goals, I try to make it more interesting and fun for all of us through competitions and team-building exercises.

A typical day would include:
* Keeping up and recording attendance of each agent
* Helping them keep their adherence at 90% or above
* Coaching them on what they're doing right and how they can improve
* Managing and approving their timesheets and time worked
* Making sure they are following policy
* Keeping them up to date on trainings
* Doing reports to show the CSRs how they rank, as well as the reports that management needs
* Answering calls when call volume is high (Internal Support when the Tier 1 is having an issue).
* Meeting with my manager to keep him up to date on the team and any issues we may encounter

The hardest part of my job is making sure that everyone is showing up for work and doing what they're supposed to be doing. Most everyone is very professional and good at what they do, but there's always one or two that don't want to comply. That's when disciplinary actions come into play. However, I do try to give them the benefit of a doubt at first.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work with. Everyone is different and has their own unique outlook on work and life in general. I'm a very social person and I learn a lot just from associating with my coworkers.

What I've learned and management:
I've learned that management will be happy with your (or your team's) performance one day, and not the next. But it's just part of business and life. I've learned you must continue to do your best no matter what and always strive to do better. So in the end, you know you gave it your all.
Great Place to Work
DBA/Data Analyst (Current Employee), Silver Spring, MDMarch 5, 2015
Pros: great opportunities to expand your career, great managers, salary
I worked on a government contract and really enjoyed supporting the client for so many years. The Government Program Managers were always supportive of my work and never Micro Managed me. I was on my own in my project, but was always asked to assist my co-workers with the other projects that were under the GDIT contract.

I also enjoyed working with my GDIT supervisor. My manager empowered us to make our own decisions, which made it so much easier to accomplish our tasks and keep our customers happy. I am also fairly compensated for the work that I do. This is a place with great opportunities to move on to other projects if you want to expand your IT career.
Down to earth
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Sandy, UTMarch 4, 2015
Controlled high volume calls in a secure and productive environment. The importance of health laws and confidentiality.

1 2 3 4 5

About General Dynamics - IT

General Dynamics Corporation (General Dynamics) offers a portfolio of products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, – Read more

General Dynamics - IT Salaries