General Dynamics - IT

General Dynamics - IT Employer Reviews

fun enviroment team work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hattiesburg, MsFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: hour lunch
Cons: no healthcare
Teamwork at its finest management believed in assisting with customers and helping cashiers. Co workers were helpful even if located in a different department.
Good job with excellent management
Helpdesk Technician (Current Employee), Shaw AFB, SCFebruary 22, 2015
Work schedule is very flexible and the management is awesome. Only looking for a new job for more payment towards a new house.
USBICES Operations Analyst (Current Employee), Fort Belvoir, VAFebruary 16, 2015
No complaints. Great management team and the company looks out for you. when other companies lay off, GDIT will look to reduce cost by other means before handing out pink slips.
Perfect if your a call center person
Medicare Claims Specialist (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: "free" healthcare
Cons: you have to know someone, to get anywhere. or kiss butt to everyone even though your not qualified.
Management at location is very.... discombobulated. the head doesn't know what the hands are doing.
the schedules are on a bid process, easy to understand. but god forbid you have a medical emergency. your stuck into a shift you may not be able to work; and no accommodations can be made. so then you have to choose, lose my job, or the other important thing I am dealing with or need the time for.
They don't tell you everything until you start working there
customer service representative (Current Employee), Hattiesburg, MSFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: paid holidays
Cons: everything else!
I've only been here for a little over a month and I'm ready to call it quits! They could care less about your personal life. They will schedule you for overtime (up to 12 hours) and on your day off without even asking. Lunch break is very short for the long hours we work. They are very demanding for the little pay that we get and this job is very stressful! Avoid this job if you have a second choice!
Fun and challanging but unstable future
Manager (Current Employee), Waco, TXFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: great management team working together for a common goal.
Cons: stabilty of position as it is a contract that is reviewed every year.
A call center with very diverse individuals and very specific metrics that must be met day after day makes for a challenging task. As the majority of the CSRs are temporary, my supervisors and I need to keep their CSRs motivated to be at work on time per their schedule. The biggest challenge is getting the CSRs to adhere to their schedules and strive to meet the metrics. I have learned, as a manager, I need to make myself available for the CSRs and let them know how important they are to achieving the goals of the organization. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the CSRs and supervisors to help them change behaviors as needed and challenge them to succeed. I find great pleasure in helping someone realize their potential to be successful, change their behaviors and then see them succeed. The management team is great in that we help each other achieve the goals of the organization.
Good Place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 14, 2015
The requirements for your day are not to hard to meet. It is a secure site so that may take some getting used to. The people there care about your well-being. The opportunities for advancement are plentiful.
Demanding but fair working environment
Senior Contracts Administrator (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 13, 2015
General Dynamics was a learning environment for me about working a large IDIQ. I prepared new task order proposals and negotiated price awards, I also coordinated, organized and executed task order closeouts on the more than 1000 task orders against the IDIQ. Management was fair and comfortable with promoting and allowing the employees to take on new tasks.
Work at an off-site location
Sr. Principal Specialist (Current Employee), Herndon, VAFebruary 13, 2015
Very little interaction with management. Typical day requires ensuring computers are ready for travel. Updating lectures and training scenarios. Training customers on various software platforms.
Marine Electrician
Electrician/Technician/SME (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VAFebruary 12, 2015
Had the opportunity to travel to a couple of Foreign countries which a good experience. Some of the people working here are good people.
Outstanding job
Senior Supply Technician (Current Employee), OverseasFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: i worked with some good co-workers.
Cons: job security.
I love the people that I work with. The job security has come into question on a few occasions. Overall great company to work for. Management is cool and sometimes easy to talk to.
Senior Logistics Lead/VBS3/JDLM/BCS3 (Current Employee), Fort Lee, VAFebruary 9, 2015
Company seems well balanced. However, when one works for a major government contractor, you realize it is all about the dollar and not so people oriented.
Great Company
Program Administrator II, Project Manager (Former Employee), Fort Huachuca, AZFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: fear of failure
We trained Soldiers and Civilians to work in fields for which I can not speak. Our co-workers were top of their fields. The hardest part of the position was, we hoped we did our job well so our charges would come home alive.
Ample Opportunities
Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: ability to excel and affect improvement
Cons: contract work
You have the opportunity to excel when you recognize your experience gives you the insight to make improvements. If you like travel and training personnel, this is a wonderful position.
Good people to work with
Acting Instructor, CCO Training Delivery (Current Employee), Coraville, IAFebruary 5, 2015
Good people to work with, nice environment.Lots of work to complete, friendly environment. Supervisors work with employees to better them.
my productive day at work
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), chester, vaFebruary 5, 2015
a typical day at work for me is getting there on time. starting my work when i get to my station. learning things i never knew and learning new ways to do things.management is always good never had to be spoken to. i always get along with my coworkers. the hardest part of work is ending the day and the most enjoyable part is beginning it.
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Hattiesburg, MsFebruary 3, 2015
take calls from consumers that request assistance completing applications for health insurance. answer questions about health ins.
This was a good job but not something to turn into a career.
CSR/Receptionist (Former Employee), Chester, VAJanuary 30, 2015
I enjoyed working for this company but I knew it wasn't something I would like to continue to do or something I wanted to make a career out of.
Company benefits are great.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: close to where i leave
Cons: management are sucks.
Company benefits are great. But management are not. They adding more rules that makes your work complicated. Call Center here in Las Cruces, NM are very difficult on there company rules. You have to take the next call after 5 seconds you finish from your previous call. You cannot you ACW to go to the bathroom. It's a stressful job. I'm amaze that this is sub contractor company for the Federal Government such as Medicare and they don't required a secret clearance for there employee which dealing on sensitive information.
Great technical company
Senior Principal Engineer (Current Employee), Sierra Vista, AZJanuary 26, 2015
Work atmosphere is great, I'm allowed to handle all technical aspects of my job as they happen. Support from management has always been fantastic, standing behind the decisions I make to ensure the program works at its best.

1 2 3 4 5

About General Dynamics - IT

General Dynamics Corporation (General Dynamics) offers a portfolio of products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, – Read more