General Dynamics - IT

General Dynamics - IT Employee Reviews

Fast paced friendly environment
Supervisor (Former Employee), Sandy UtJune 1, 2015
Pros: Having the leadership responsibility, traveling to hire for other state sites
Cons: long hours
Coach a team of 20 CSRs. Held weekly meetings to better our performance as a team.
That there are many types of personalities, and to supervise everyone with a different approach.
Management was really good to help with things if needed.
Co workers would work together to get the best outcome
working the long hours with being on a salary wage.
Being the one that was called to help out with most everything
It's a call center
Sr. Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee), Sandy, UTMay 31, 2015
Dynamic environment where an HR Professional never gets bored. Always challenging and lots to do especially during ramp up and ramp down.
Productive.
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Riverview, FLMay 30, 2015
• Take calls and assist the callers and beneficiaries providing a solution to their concerns.
• Provide customer service and peace of mind.
Develope a culture to support the operation now and going forward
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Sandy, UtahMay 30, 2015
Pros: Burks on doing well - attendance, adhereance
Cons: Short breaks
All that is good but work is work and it could be fun and at the same time productive. Its up to us, management and the crew. It about hiring the kind of people that belongs in the kind of work. Then set up a training program conducive to the type of customers we need. Another word there should be a training program caters toward developing a CULTURE that will focuses on all aspects of the operation.
Productive & Great Place to work!
Program/Principal Security Officer (Current Employee), Herndon, VAMay 29, 2015
Pros: Advancement
Cons: n/a
Good company, work/life balance is great.Advancement, great team building. Business causal and they are always willing to help others when needed.
Providing assistance to beneficiaries
Medicare Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Chester, VAMay 28, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I made a difference to someone who couldn't help themselves. Our beneficiaries were elderly and most times we were all they had.
Hard work; Great benefits
Tower Climber Technician (Former Employee), Farmington Hills, MIMay 26, 2015
Pros: Great pay and benefits
Overall, General Dynamics is known mainly as a huge military contractor. They try very hard to mimic the same pay and leave along with other disirable benefits. The only downside is that you are away from your family for long periods at one time generally six weeks on; one week off in the tower climbing industry.
The pay is great; started out at $20.00 an hour and have $125.00 per day in per diem.
Very fair and great place to work
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee), Lynn Haven, FLMay 26, 2015
Pros: Very friendly atmosphere
Cons: Short lunch
I enjoyed working for General Dynamics very much. The management was very fair and they did a great job of making sure every employee knew he/she was important and supported. When I left General Dynamics earlier than expected (it was a temporary position) I cried for a while. I had to leave due to being placed on medical leave due to complications during a pregnancy.
Interesting place, doesn't listen to feedback.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Winchester, KYMay 26, 2015
GDIT was a great, fun place to work, except for the fact that you are always ignored. Example: You would come to work, feel at home with your co-workers, and then whenever you encountered a system error, or you had an idea for improvement, you would not be listened to.
The hardest part of the job was the lack of communication from management.
The easiest part is definitely the actual work.
Serious work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Panama City, FLMay 25, 2015
Pros: Benefits receive for the job
Cons: too many chiefs, not enough Indians
Being a customer service representative entailed many responsibilities. I learned all there was to know about the affordable care act. Different insurances for different people, how medicaid expanded in some states, COBRA, the tax credits, and much more. The management was great just a bit too many supervisors hanging around in one area. Co-workers were professional. The hardest part of doing this job was telling people they did not qualify for help and had to pay hundreds for insurance. It never ended well. I enjoyed the professional environment most.
Productive place
Advanced Resolution Center Specialist (Former Employee), Lawrence, KSMay 25, 2015
Allows you to improve on your customer service skills. Great for learning how to use databases and they offer little self paced courses so you can become more tech savvy. Plus there's multiple shifts and as long as you are doing good, you get the shifts you want/need for balancing family with work.
a very productive work place with great people
Associate, Customer Service (Current Employee), phoenix, azMay 25, 2015
Pros: Always fun activites that help you get more involved in your workplace, and daily "Did you Know" emails that help refresh your mind to help callers.
Cons: There are people that are not very motivated in what they are doing.
A typical day consists of answering calls that are in regards with Federal Student Aid. It is a very rewarding job because you know that the help you give your callers are helping them better themselves with their education and bettering their future. Having great co-workers and a great team makes the day go by faster because you know that when you need something you know that they will not hesitate to help.
Very productive
Editor (Current Employee), Rockville MdMay 22, 2015
I am an experienced journalist, research editor and producer specializing in the Middle East, the Gulf Arab States, the Horn of Africa and US foreign policy.
Dynamic, multi skilled, I am a multilingual and multiplatform journalist.
I am currently an Editor at General Dynamics Information Technology. I edit feature articles and news summaries for a multilingual, Regional Website, working with a team from the world's most challenging countries.
Before that, I was a web Editor and a Reporter for Middle East Broadcasting Networks- Radio Sawa and Alhurra websites, where I had an extensive international experience conceiving, editing, reporting, writing, producing, developing, hosting, and promoting multimedia story telling in multiple formats and genres.
I have over 16 years of media experience coordinating the news gathering process, and the direction of content on website; working with diverse, multi-discipline teams in producing a variety of online editorial content. I have a savvy knowledge of social media and emerging international trends.
I lived and worked in the Middle East and the United States.
I am fluent in Arabic, English and French.
My production portfolio shows my master use of digital systems relevant to producing quality journalism in the modern age focusing on three targets: Traffic, Impact and Engagement. I have vast experience in digital journalism, multimedia and social media.
I conduct special, investigative eyewitness reports, news analysis, In –depth feature /human interest stories, reporter’s notebook, live blogs, in Arabic, English and French engaging a diverse cross-section of the public and promoting cross-cultural awareness, with a special focus on the Middle East, Horn of Africa, Gulf Arab States, Iran and US foreign policy.
Through my diligence, I always provide a quality, error-free product on time and thrive under constant deadline pressures.
Thank you for taking the time to review my qualifications.
Regards
Good place to work.
CSR (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 20, 2015
Good place to work, good benefits and pay. Government Contractor, so work environment was not great. Management was okay, not very knowledgeable about the job.
Interesting experience
Retrograde Operations Manager (Current Employee), KuwaitMay 19, 2015
Pros: Different challenges all the time
Cons: No free coffee
A typical day at work is busy
What I have learned is how to use MS ACCESS more effectively and Windows server 2003
Management some good some not so good
Co-workers some good some not so good
Hardest part of my job sometimes keeping up with the demands as the IT guy
Most enjoyable part are the challenges I am presented with and finding a solution.
$$$$$
CCO/CSR (Former Employee), HOUSTON, TXMay 19, 2015
AT THE END OF THE DAY THEY ARE GOING TO PAY YOU, THE PAY MAKES THE JOB WORTH IT. THEY PAY YOU 15.90 TO SIT ON YOUR BEHIND AND PROVIDE CUSTOMER SERVICE, HOW HARD IS THAT?
Great opportunity
Network Engineer (Technician) (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCMay 19, 2015
the job was ok, pay was okay... nothing more to expect. I hope to more forward from this experience and never look back. One can only hope to continue to grow.
Decent pay with decent hours.
Customer service representative December - January (Former Employee), Corbin, KYMay 17, 2015
Pros: Decent hours
Cons: Management
Not a bad place to work. Offers decent hours. Hours do vary depending on business need. Layoffs up to twice a year. Notice given isnt always reasonable. Attendance policy is great.
Productive place to work
Lead Training Specialist (Current Employee), Hattiesburg, MSMay 14, 2015
Pros: Quick Advancement; Fun Activities; Free lunches (sometimes)
Cons: Pay; Mandated overtime (sometimes)
A typical day at work is anywhere from 8 - 12 hours depending on the work load that day.

I've learned that within GDIT, you get out what you put in. There is much room for advancement and growth, but advancement is earned not given. Work hard - play hard.

Management is okay for the most part. Overall, I would say more managers need to go through a full training session of whatever contract he/she is working on. This way, a manager will be able to understand and answer questions asked by CSRs and supervisors.

My co-workers are great. I love the people I work with. Our different personalities and creative ideas join together resulting in a strong productive team.

The hardest part of this job is working in a call center. Not only am I stuck in a building all day, but there's always some type of drama. In a call center, it's inevitable, but being a mediator is definitely hard.

The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I have helped someone each day. Even though being a mediator is hard, I enjoy knowing that others can trust me. I enjoy being able to empower and motivate others.
Great Company
Program Analyst (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAMay 13, 2015
We utilize resources, best practices and capabilities across our company to meet our customers’ requirements. We contribute to the efficiency, growth and profitability of our company through dedication to teamwork.

1 2 3 4 5

About General Dynamics - IT

General Dynamics Corporation (General Dynamics) offers a portfolio of products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, – Read more

General Dynamics - IT Salaries