General Dynamics - IT

General Dynamics - IT Employer Reviews

Great place to be!
Sr. Network Administrator (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 25, 2014
Benefits/pay good. Work/life balance very good. Not much support from day-to-day.
A nice place to work; nice people and interesting work.
Senior Database Developer (Current Employee), Bay St. Louis / Stennis Space Center, MSAugust 22, 2014
Pros: interesting work with good people
Cons: job security depends on government funding, and is at risk year by year.
I worked with a small, hard-working team performing System Analysis. Researching the recent developments in parallel processing and virtualization in a data and graphic-intesive environment has been a great pleasure and learning experience. I've enjoyed working with GDIT personnel and management as well as our client.
Good opportunity
IT Analyst (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAAugust 13, 2014
Good opportunity to work learn from IT professionals from diverse backgrounds.
Uncertainty and low morals with team.
Technical Advisor / Sr. Architect (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 11, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: needed direction
The contracts were unstable and the morals of who team were low. People were placed but had no experience in doing what they were hired for. The blame game started and the good people were blamed. So decided to leave.
Stressful work place
Former Rep. (Former Employee), Panama City, FL Lynn HavenAugust 10, 2014
Pros: great learning experience about what goes on behind the scen's on healthcare insurance
Cons: poor management from the lowest management up to the higest position
No one knows what to do from day to day this includes management especially mangers the site director you hardly ever saw the floor walkers could not answer any basic questions about the work performed system problems on top of all this e-coachings that were inaccurate and not specific as to how to correct the problem managers that try to intimidate – more... you time sheets being inaccurate not being paid for overtime supervisors walking around doing nothing but shushing you by putting up the quiet fingers like they do elementary schoolers changing supervisors often supervisors not knowing how to assist with your questions other supervisors ignoring you when you have your flag raised with a question two 15 minute breaks 30 minute lunch only 4 microwaves to use durning 30 minute lunch which usually takes 10 minutes to get one to use.. Management from HR to supervisors to managers not knowing and or ignoring you when you have questions... Very rude and treat you as a child like environment – less
Productive and a never ending learning environment
Senior Warehouse Technician (Current Employee), Panama City, FloridaAugust 10, 2014
Pros: travel and the great people i work with.
Cons: hot warehouse in florida.
I manage equipment used for production of Marines projects. On a daily basis I perform inventory control from receiving, shipping, issuing, testing, delivering, and assembling high dollar electronic equipment following production procedures. I work alone in a 7500 SF warehouse, but when I need help there is always a co-worker that is willing to help. – more... I'd say the hardest part of the job is trying to satisfy several customers that want equipment like right now and all generally geographically separated. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to travel and help set up the end product. – less
OK, but long hours
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee), Chantilly, VAAugust 7, 2014
The benefits and pay were good, but when your hom elife starts to suffer you begin to think is it worth it.
Customer Service
Advanced Resolution Center Analyst (Former Employee), Lynn Haven, FLAugust 5, 2014
Customer service job. Answering phones. Trouble shooting website that consumer would use.
Busy, fluctuating, irregular workplace that is constantly changing.
Assisting Medicare beneficiaries (Current Employee), Riverview, FLAugust 4, 2014
Pros: employee cookouts!
Cons: constant phone calls, and normal business hours of 9am to 5pm.
On a regular day at work, I would clock in and immediately start taking phone calls. That would be the downside of the job, calls are persistent and come in back to back. I would have the say, thanks to my amazing co-workers, I have kept my sanity. Its really difficult getting continuous calls about our beneficiaries having difficulties with their health – more... insurance. Don't get me wrong, I certainly love being able to fix their problems, I'm always glad I can help and thanks to this job I have certainly learned quite a bit about health insurance. Not to mention I have an extremely high tolerance for people who can certainly test your patience. I, thanks to that job, have certainly mastered that skill. Even then, I certainly am grateful for my neighbors who, when given the chance, definitely slip in some laughs for me throughout the day, as I try my best to do the same to them. – less
Administration Assistant/Customer Service
Customer Service Rep./Administration (Former Employee), Panama City, FLAugust 3, 2014
Pros: .
Customer account assistance and data processing. Administration file processing. Micro Soft word, WS, Excel
Very well known Company
Associate Programmer (Current Employee), Towson, MDAugust 2, 2014
In general a good company to work for. Easy to be overlooked for advancement because of it being such a large company.
Productive company with vast chances to learn
Telecommunications Supervisor (Current Employee), Hattiesburg, MSAugust 1, 2014
There are plenty of chances to join other contracts to learn other aspects of the company.
HCSD Medicare/Marketplace Superviso
Former Supervisor (Current Employee), RiverviewAugust 1, 2014
Pros: relationships established over the years with company
Cons: everything else
If CMS knew how GDIT managed their call centers they would pull the contract immediately!!! The company needs to clean house on the directors and deputy directors levels as they keep constant chaos and confusion going within the different sites. Managers don't have a clue and they don't follow their own policies and procedures. Supervisor and manager – more... positions are filled based on whether you are liked not whether you perform, are qualified or meet and of the requirements for a position. . HR is a joke and incompetent. The Company's Core Values: trust, integrity and teamwork are not practiced by leadership, and those who do try are ostracized and targeted by their superiors. The bottom line for this company is "headcount" (the numbers). CSR's run the sites. And as long as they keep the seats filled they will continue to take CMS' s money. – less
GDIT - Excellent opportunity for advancement
Program Manager (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAAugust 1, 2014
GDIT had an outstanding People Initiative Program creating an organizational culture that kept employee morale high.
Absolute amazing place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Sandy, UTAugust 1, 2014
lunch room was great they had an amazing call system that was just great. the people that worked there really wanted to be there to help people. Management was really good they were always there to help with anything that you needed. working in teams was really fun and it was an all around good experience.
Management needs serious improvement
Sr. Production Planner (Former Employee), Chesapeake VaJuly 31, 2014
Pros: --------------
Cons: all politics at my level, upper management needs an overhaul.
Management needs serious improvement. Work 60-80 hrs a week and you are expected to pick up the slack of other co-workers that can not perform their basic duties.
Very Flexible Schedules
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Sandy, UTJuly 30, 2014
GDIT has extremely flexible schedules and hours. The work load is constant and easy to manage. It is a relaxed atmosphere. There is plenty of opportunities for advancement.
Good learning experience with attention to detail very important.
Associate Specialist, Customer Service (Former Employee), London, KYJuly 29, 2014
Learned about health insurance systems and the Marketplace. Enjoyed helping people who have struggled obtaining health coverage. The hardest part of the job was the fast paced calls coming in back to back, and performing to my utmost abilities on each call.
Productive workplace
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), chester,vaJuly 29, 2014
very fast past things change daily no set rules very strict environment.
good place to work; good people to work for!
Associate Technician (Current Employee), Columbia, MDJuly 29, 2014
My day is pretty much set at my own pace; i try to get as much done as possible and try to be the team player. For me, it's a very relaxed environment, and i do get a lot of work done.

1 2 3 4 5

About General Dynamics - IT

General Dynamics Corporation (General Dynamics) offers a portfolio of products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, – Read more

General Dynamics - IT Photos