General Dynamics - IT

General Dynamics - IT Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work
CSR Supervisor (Former Employee), Sandy UtahApril 30, 2015
Pros: My co-workers were great
Cons: There were no cons to this job
I liked answering phones and dealing with customers on a daily basis. I worked 4 days a week and worked 10 hour days. I really liked working for them. They really take care of their employees.
productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Chester, VAApril 30, 2015
Constant phone ringing in your headset. I do not like their policy about schooling and their point system. I also don't like their emergency contact system.
I would love to go back
Senior Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Fort Huachuca, AZApril 27, 2015
This is the kind of place you dream about working. Great pay, amazing benefits, fun environment that is not overly professional but expects you to get the job done. By far, this was the best job I have ever had!
Being there was stressful phone calls
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Chester, VAApril 22, 2015
The management their wasn't as organized as it should have been. One week we would have to follow this and that rule and then there were changes the next week. Never consistent about a lot of things.
A Call center job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Corbin, KYApril 21, 2015
Pros: Free health insurance
The hardest part of the job was having to know 100% of each federal healthcare program when everyone else including supervisors only had to know one.
Productive and serious....
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 20, 2015
A typical day at work always included something new to learn! I was able to learn about healthcare, tax credit, and things that can apply on a daily basis. Also making sure that we always fit the customer's needs. The customer came first and that is why I noticed that General Dynamics was such a successful company.
Fun place to work at times.
Manager - Michelle Taranto (Current Employee), London, KYApril 17, 2015
This job has its ups and downs. Sometimes when the calls are back to back it can be very overwhelming. There is a lot of information that you have to know and maintain.
Large work area
Contact Center Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Waco, TXApril 16, 2015
A great opportunity to build character and development of other leaders. Giving individuals assistance in strategizing and building growth development plans.
Easy workplace, great pay, sucky bosses.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Sandy, UTApril 10, 2015
Pros: great benefits, pot lucks for no reason whenever they could, choose your own schedule, great pay, easy to get job.
Cons: training, HR.
It is an easy job, the training was not the best, but if you focus on training yourself with what they provide, you will blossom in this company. High school diploma is required. It is easy to grow in this company if they see you do your best. They are always looking to hire supervisors. The hardest part of the job was the down-time. It is terribly boring, but i learned a lot about the health insurance marketplace. Co-workers were people from all over the world.
Best place I ever worked
Senior Active Directory Domain Administrator (Former Employee), Sierra Vista, AZApril 6, 2015
Advancement, training, travel, medical benefits, clear policies a great place to work and grow as a professional. so many great stuff
Senior Operational Analyst (Former Employee), Suffolk, VAApril 6, 2015
Pros: Team Work
Cons: none
Strong and supportive leadership makes working for GD a great experience. Management encourages education and any other added learning experiences.
This was a good company to work for.
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Current Employee), Sandy, UTApril 3, 2015
I enjoyed the work. The programs are easy to understand and user friendly. I had a set schedule at this company. I worked days. The employees and managers were good at their jobs and professional.
Worked on a customer site
Senior Program Assistant (Current Employee), Washington, DCApril 2, 2015
Worked with a great team. The managers were supportive and positive. You learn to work with a lot of different personalities and time management.
Building a Radar
Senior, Principle Engineer (Current Employee), Arlington, VAApril 2, 2015
The technical challenges in building a Radar was an exciting opportunity. I was happy to support the team in catching issues early for a better product to be built.
The best is the people that I work with
Sr. Software Developer/Engineer (Current Employee), Washington, DCApril 2, 2015
Cons: No many vacations and they don't pay us when there's snow days
The people that I work with makes the job easier. That's why I've been staying for 11 years. GD provides could provide us with the cutting edge technology but the client makes this purpose harder.
Focused on opportunitiies
Director of Operations (Former Employee), Fort Meade, MDApril 1, 2015
Large company who is focused on large business opportunities. Good management team and supportive functional groups.
No Secuirty
Windows System Engineer (Current Employee), West Des Moines, IAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Pay and you get vacation day one
Cons: Poor Benefits, interdepartmental communication, huge lack of security
The pay is okay but the benefits are just terrible. I have never spent more on health care in my life. The different teams don't communicate and are always at odds. Also because everything is on a contract there is no security at all.
A normal workplace
Customer Service Rep/Passport specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 27, 2015
Working at a place for passports you get calls from everywhere. You hear so many stories, whether true or not, and you may have those customers that are more upset than anything. You have to learn to talk them down and continue with helping them.
Excellent company to work for.
Program Manager (Former Employee), Miami, FLMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Great management team.
Cons: None.
General Dynamics was a great company to work for. As with any company dealing with government contracts, you have the opportunity to learn a lot as long as you are willing to commit yourself.
Great place to interact and appreciate the financial help we receive.
CSR (Former Employee), Chester, VAMarch 26, 2015
Working at GDIT i learned integrity, honesty, but most important i learned that patience is the key for a successful life.

About General Dynamics - IT

General Dynamics Corporation (General Dynamics) offers a portfolio of products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, – Read more

General Dynamics - IT Salaries