General Dynamics - IT

General Dynamics - IT United States Employee Reviews

Great technical company
Senior Principal Engineer (Current Employee), Sierra Vista, AZJanuary 26, 2015
Work atmosphere is great, I'm allowed to handle all technical aspects of my job as they happen. Support from management has always been fantastic, standing behind the decisions I make to ensure the program works at its best.
Friendly work enviroment, with management willing to work with you.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: friendly environment, great management, frequent pot lucks
Cons: very irate customers at times
I took inbound calls for GDIT, it was customer service. I learned how to use multiple systems and how to navigate through them quickly and with ease. Management was wonderful, they were very helpful and supportive of their employees. They were always willing to do what they could to assist you if you needed it. The co-workers were very fun to be around. The hardest part of the job was sometimes speaking to an irate customer, and the most enjoyable part was having a customer be satisfied with the work that you had done for them.
Productive and fun workplace
CSR(Custormer Service Rep) (Current Employee), Chester, VAJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: benefits, nice enviorment
Cons: temporary, its great if you become permanent.
Great office job, great benefits. A typical day is a 8 hour shift managing a high volume of calls. What I have learned from this company is how to understand people better and how to provide peace of mind and also provide a good service. The most enjoyable when you first come in and take that first call the second part of the day is lunch.
Fun workplace
Customer Services Rep (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: fun work enviornment
Cons: a lot of work.
Good place to work. Everyday it was something different. The management and supervisors were excellent. The co-workers were very easy to get along with and very enjoyable to work around. Hardest part of the job was some of the work it self and the most enjoyable part was just being around good people everyday.
Was and likely still is a joke
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Sandy, UTJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: easy. goofing off.
Cons: no structure. pay isn't great.
When I worked at this place they would give you "trainings" which were just a 3 page pdf to read over. They'd block out about 90 minutes to do them, though. Once I didn't have a supervisor and had one of these trainings and left to get ice cream and nobody noticed. I recently met someone else who still works there and they told me this still hasn't changed. It's a good job if you want to goof off, but if you want an actual job you should maybe look somewhere else.
N/A
Medicare Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Chester, VAJanuary 21, 2015
N/A.............Learned to have more patience consumers are very demanding
Very "family-like", professional work environment
Network Support Technician II (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: compensation, 2-day work week (alternating), work environment
Cons: shift work, 24/7 position
A typical work day consisted of taking calls & remotely configuring hardware & setting up user accounts. It was a very "family-like" work environment that was also professional. The hardest part of the job is that it was a 24/7 position & I worked 12-hr shifts that alternated between days & nights.
Good corporation to work for
Senior Systems and Network Administrator (Current Employee), Joint Base Lewis McChord, WAJanuary 20, 2015
Daily routine is fairly standard for an IT job. The hardest part of the job is due to the contract I work on the requires deploying to combat zones for 6-12 months each year. The best part is the camaraderie.
productive
Project Planner /Scheduler (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 18, 2015
This is a good company because of its global presence and one can travel from one part of the world to another if their project required it. The benefits are great but just like other companies out there, there are still some bad apples set to corrupt the vine.
Hard Manual Labor but Enjoyable
Laborer I (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAJanuary 17, 2015
My typical day at work was working on the USS Harry S. Truman. I learned many different skills like using different types of power tools, ship fitting, and learning my way around and Air Craft Carrier. My management and co-workers were always friendly and willing to help out if needed. The hardest part of the job was having to deal with welding smoke. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to explore the ship.
inbound call Center
Certified Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Chester, VAJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: rate of pay, temporary position
Cons: free medical benefits, earned certification
Certified CSR; Government Contractor
Employed full-time temporary as a customer service Representative advising consumers on different insurance products offered through the marketplace (Obamacare).
Answering inbound calls from consumers and assisting them with enrollment, questions, and applying for insurance, while providing knowledge on different healthcare plans.
GDIT is an amazing company to work for!!
Communication Focal Point Lead Technician (Former Employee), OmanJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: pay, benefits
Cons: long hours, not much of a personal life, always working
I worked for GDIT for a year as a contractor overseas. I highly recommend working for them. If you know your job, can work without someone over your back, have excellent time management and like a nice pay check then you are golden. Don't bs your way through the hiring process because if you don't know your IT knowledge, you will be found out very quickly, especially if you are supporting an overseas mission. I had to deal with this and I was very unimpressed. You will be given a chance to learn very very quickly what you said you initially knew or we will find a way to remove you from the site and make you someone elses nuisance. They offer great benefits and great pay. I would've stayed with this company but I had spent so much time overseas between deployments with the military and this contractor position that I was ready to come back stateside and be with my loved ones. I, unfortunately, worked ALOT! Minimum of 12 hr shifts that didn't include the 2 hr drive, 6 days a week plus being on call. Not much time for myself to just relax. When I did get a day off I spent it sleeping in, talking to loved ones and just relaxing. 90% of the people I worked with were very knowledgeable awesome IT individuals, some on the other hand had just fluffed their resume and didn't really deserve to be there making the $$$$ they were. Either way, GDIT is AWESOME!!!!!!!!
Productive and fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hattiesburg, MSJanuary 13, 2015
A typical day at work was to go in and load and unload as many packages as we could in one day. I learned how to wrap packages how to load the pallets. The co-workers were really fun to b around and the managers were really cool.
Being trained as a radar and remote imagery specialist
LEAD SCIENTIST (Former Employee), Chantilly, VAJanuary 11, 2015
The organization was in the midst of development. The office was recently purchased by General Dynamics. The administrative staff was poorly prepared to handle many complications that were surfacing during my training period. Most of the time, I was in a small office open to the staff while waiting for the completion of a security clearance specific to the type of work I was hired to perform.
Interesting Source of Knowledge
Associate Specialist, Customer Service (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: knowledge gained.
Cons: environment, pay
I learned all there is to know about the Affordable Care Act. Glad to have been a part of the role out year. Houston Office closed it's office permanently.
Very Productive
Certified Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Chester, VAJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: free medical benefits
Cons: temporaray position
Answering fast-paced calls to enroll consumers into a healthcare plan. Constantly answering calls, busy call center.
Battle Simulation Heaven
Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Fort Carson, COJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: plenty of multi-player sims
Cons: fighting the boredom.
Provide Systems Administration for modeling simulations running on Windows and Unix based platforms

How networks and battle simulation run.

Extended travels.

Evaluating a number a simulations for all type of scenarios.
Productive and a very relaxing atmoshere.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Waco, TXJanuary 8, 2015
I learned more about the Affordable Care Act, the management was supportive and understanding about personal circumstances that was out of my control, the hardest part of my job was dealing with system crashes and the most enjoyable part of my job was being able to assist consumers with enrolling in a healthcare plan that was a benefit to them and their families.
Growing company
Ombudsman Research Specialist (Former Employee), Coralville, IAJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: close to a highway. department where i last worked was small and friendly
Cons: healtcare benefits becoming increasingly expensive and covering less
I worked for GDIT for 8 years in a variety of positions. The specific company I worked for started as NCS, then NCS Pearson. I started when it was still part of Pearson. Then it separated from Pearson and became Vangent. GDIT purchased Vangent around 2011. Because of these changes in who owns the company, the work environment changed a lot since I started with the company. The company has gained contracts in the Medicare and Marketplace websites. It has also lost a Dept. of ED contract.
I enjoyed the challenge of the positions I had and had a chance to move on to more challenging roles. I enjoyed working with my co-workers very much. The hardest part of my job was working around technical limitations caused by contract budget constraints.
fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Riverview, FLJanuary 8, 2015
log in to phone system, take calls, enroll customers in marketplace insurance, learned how to enroll customers into health insurance plans, management good, coworkers good, nothing hard

About General Dynamics - IT

General Dynamics Corporation (General Dynamics) offers a portfolio of products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, – Read more

General Dynamics - IT Salaries