General Dynamics - IT

General Dynamics - IT Employer Reviews

Great team members
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lawrence, KSMarch 24, 2014
Pros: knowing that i got to help a lot of people
Cons: i couldn't change shifts
A supervisor who says they never thought you would make it far; then getting write ups when they know what’s happening. I loved the job and the people all around me I just didn’t need the main person that’s job was to show me and support me to down grade me any chance they had.
Awesome
Network Engineer (Current Employee), Chantilly, VAMarch 21, 2014
Great mission and the opportunity to learn is superb. Shift work is difficult.
Fun Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Riverview, FLMarch 20, 2014
A day at work answering calls with irate consumers and assisting them. I learned that with great communication and understanding the consumers enjoy talking to me and management appreciates me taking control of the calls which is normally the hardest part of the job but I was able to create great call management skills throughout the day which made – more... everyday enjoyable dealing with different consumers and personalities ending with a great outcome. – less
Senior Call Center Director (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 20, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: short contract
GDIT is a good place to work. There are many challenges that came with the contract but it was amazing to see the outcome.
Productive Fun place to work. Most of the time a very relaxed yet professional atmosphere
Customer Service Representative/Peer Mentor (Current Employee), Bogalusa, LAMarch 19, 2014
Pros: earned time off
Cons: high stress levels during certain parts of the fiscal year.
I really like this company, but as with any company that deals with government contracts employment can be a revolving door.
Productive Work Environment
Manager, Call Center Operations (Former Employee), Waco, TXMarch 17, 2014
Pros: new program
Cons: new program
A great work environment with historic engagement implications.
Good environment
Operations Analyst (Current Employee), SuffolkMarch 17, 2014
Good company, try very hard to take care of people.
Provides a wide range of opportunities to move either laterally or up.
Keeps paperwork and admin requirements to a bare minimum.
Supportive management and colleagues
Good Job but it is a Contracted Position
Senior Training Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Huachuca, AZMarch 17, 2014
GD is a good solid company with excellent benefits but be warned it is a government contractor thus subject to rapid changes in funding. A recent discussion with the Program Manager, the company lost 50 positions due to changes in funding and contract size so not a lot of Job Security.
Runnn... Very Onarganized and refused to PAY employees on time and HR LOVES TO PLAY THE BLAME GAME
CSR MARKETPLACE (Current Employee), RIVERVIEW,FLMarch 13, 2014
I am a rehire at the company and why did I go back, SMH it seems like the company has gotten worse. No one in HR seems to know what is going on They play the blame game on each other in the RIVERVIEW,FL office since they switched to the night shift paychecks have been messedm up from the start. Talking to hr there reple was YOUR PAY WILL BE STRAIGHT – more... BY MAY 9,2014( IN WHICH IS THE DAY THE CONTRACT IS OVER) now they show no concern or any ump about assisting employees with pay issues. Insteasd of them being concerned its play the blame game first talk to your supervisor, then send a Remedy ticket, then contact payrol, and after contacting all of them I still was turned back to my LOCAL HR OFFICE. its awful but at the end of the day I am currentlly seeking a LAWYER maybe then I can get some understanding about my pay being corrected. IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A STABLE CAREER DONT APPLY NO ROOM FOR ADVANCEMENT, NO PAY RAISES, AND VERY STRICT. THIS JOB IS FOR PEOPLE WITH NO KIDS AND NO LIFE. – less
Walk through
Quality Assurance Representative/Field Engineer (Former Employee), Frederick, MDMarch 13, 2014
I would just go to the site and walk around the building looking at the infrastructure for telecommunications being installed.
Good benefits.
TSCM Security Engineer (Current Employee), Chantilly, VAMarch 12, 2014
Good company, focusing on IT aspects of security.
Befefits include 401K, tuition for college, generous paid time off.
Productive but strict enviroment
Associate Specialist (Current Employee), Corbin, KYMarch 10, 2014
Pros: benefits, co-workers, 39 point system
Cons: lack of communication
The contract that I am currently on is new and has some ups and downs. Its always changing rules and protocol. Management did not communicate job tasks very well and often after it had already been made obvious to the employees on a hands on learn as you go terms.
Training was typically a "we're all learning together" meaning the trainers knew as much – more... as the employees they where training. – less
Poorly Managed Company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 6, 2014
Pros: benefits, pay
Cons: short breaks, rude management, cannot change schedules, lunches get stolen due, temporary job
Good benefits, tight schedules, no leverage,strict attendance policy, management is rude and unorganized.
Very stressful and unorganized
Medicare Phones Supervisor (Current Employee), Lawrence, KSMarch 6, 2014
A typical day at work for me consists of greeting my team upon arrival and then working on sending out daily statistics. Typically, within the first hour that I arrive, supervisors get called to the phones. That means that I have to stop whatever I'm doing and take calls. I do not mind getting on the phone to answer calls from Medicare beneficiaries; – more... however, it becomes stressful when I have so many other expectations to meet. I have learned so much information about Medicare and other health insurance companies. Overall, management is friendly and has an open door policy which allows people to feel comfortable approaching them with concerns. My co-workers are usually what allow me to get through the day. After working with the company for over 5 years, I have met a lot of unique individuals. I will be sad to leave them once I find a new job. I can honestly say that my co-workers are the most enjoyable part of my job. – less
Fast paced and always something new
Associate Specialist (Former Employee), Corbin, KYMarch 5, 2014
Pros: flexible schedules, great co-workers
Cons: limited time off
· Respond to inquiries related to Medicare
· Use databases and written materials to provide concise and accurate answers
· Report problems that occur and assist with the resolution
· Attend required corporate, program, and other update trainings
· Demonstrate incremental and continued performance improvement
· Continually look for and suggest process – more... improvements
· Assist with delivery of internal employee training for new and temporary employees
· Reporting problems that occur and assist with the resolution – less
Productive and coworkers are team players
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 5, 2014
The Company is always giving you daily advise on how to handle issues and situations for the Consumers.
ACA
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 5, 2014
They are a great company to work for and they also have even better benefits>
Professional yet relaxed associates
Sr. Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Mount Laurel, NJMarch 4, 2014
Pros: professional, independent
Cons: multiple, reorganizations
No time clock punching. Employees are expected to accomplish tasks and responsibilities without oversight.
Finance division rather than location management supervisors. Never met several supervisors over several re-organizations.
Incredible place to work with great environment
Senior Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: great environment, caring management, team strategy to complete tasks
Cons: no opportunity for career growth, overseas deployments
The management at General Dynamics is extremely caring for the employees and looks to create a positive work environment while obtaining the highest quality work from all employees. The hardest part of the job was having to deploy overseas once I had my children, which was the only reason I left the job.
Outstanding and very rewarding job
Training & Development Specialist/Instructor (Current Employee), Fort Huachuca, AZFebruary 20, 2014
Having the opportunity to instruct Army Intelligence and work with young soldiers was both fun and rewarding. If not for government cutbacks and relatively weak leadership (which I have a hard time faulting them for) I would likely still be working there.

Great job from 7:30am to 5pm with a 45 minute lunch break, and ten minutes/hour smoke break.

The – more... greater majority of my co-workers were not only good people, but also very professional and experts in the field of military intelligence.

The hardest part of the job, was knowing that there was little to no room for promotion or advancement.

The best was instructing the students and working with them to develop the skill set that will take them through the rest of their Army careers and on to their civilian career path as well. – less

About General Dynamics - IT

General Dynamics Corporation (General Dynamics) offers a portfolio of products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, – Read more

General Dynamics - IT Photos