General Dynamics - IT

General Dynamics - IT Employer Reviews

Customer Service Rep
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lawrence, KSSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: helping people
Cons: shift (7 pm-3:30 am)
Assisted consumers on the telephone get signed up for insurance. My supervisor was great about praising us for working hard, and for jobs well done.
Highly professional but still comfortable
Clerical Assistant/HR Coordinator (Former Employee), Fairfax, VASeptember 28, 2014
Pros: good benefits including an education reimbursement policy
Cons: it could be difficult to reach some managers when a deadline loomed.
I worked with a small but friendly team in HR. My main responsibilities were to follow up on making sure all forms for new hires, existing employees of our SBU, and terminated employees were completed and signed by the right folks within relevant periods of time. I learned about formal processes and procedures for proper HR and time keeping systems. I enjoyed working for the boss I had as she provided positive reinforcement and showed appreciation whenever I could make her day a little easier. The hardest part of the position would be tracking down signatures from managers on new hire forms when a new large contract came in. But I enjoyed the consistent nature of most of the day-to-day that still allowed for personal growth and recognition.
Time consuming
Associate Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), VirginiaSeptember 25, 2014
I work 6 days a week for more than 8 hours a day. My schedule changes constantly, but I get paid time and a half.
Very Productive
Acting Supervisor (Former Employee), Chester, VASeptember 23, 2014
Pros: co-workers working together
Cons: short breaks
Working at a call center is a very busy and productive work volume all day.
Nice Work Place
Construction Supervisor/Lead Microwave Tech (Former Employee), Needham, MASeptember 22, 2014
Would work there again. Employees well treated and Safe work environment.
Logisitic management,
Logistics Engineer, Property Book Officer (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: lunch breaks
Cons: short breaks
Worked with soldier and civilian inventorying incoming and outgoing property from and to Fort Hood. Good leader/manager. The best part of the job is to finished the day.
Executive Assistant
Senior Analyst, Executive Assistant/Trade Shows (Former Employee), Fairfax, VASeptember 17, 2014
Business Development group was a great group to work for. Work/life balance was excellent.
Very Busy Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Riverview, FLSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: customer service experience
Cons: short breaks
Very busy call center. Management was not very knowledgeable.
Very Productive Work Site
Associate Specialist CSR (Current Employee), Hattiesburg, MSSeptember 16, 2014
General Dynamics has several different branches. I worked for Center of Medicare services and also the health insurance marketplace. This is a call center, so there will be high call volumes during open enrollment. Its a great work environment.
Great Diversification of 2 accounts
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lawrence, KSSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: the company would provide a catered lunch once a week, provided health insurance
Cons: not being able to make my scheduled medical appointments, even though it was an ongoing condition without getting docked so many points per time
It is a great place to work if you are interested in Customer Service. I learned how to get people enrolled using the Healthcare.gov website and explain their results of whether they qualified for a tax credit or subsidy to help pay for their healthcare. The hardest part of the job was getting my medical needs (i.e. an ergonomic chair) met and being able to schedule doctor appointments. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping consumers get healthcare insurance.
Awsome place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Houston,TexasSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: learning new things working with varies of people everyday
Cons: very short lunches
A tpypical day a work would start by reading email updates to see if there were any changes in program, It was very important that I look through them due to claases that we may have to take that day. I then went online and answered incoming call nearly 100 a day. I learned alot about Healthcare plans and how to be a great Customer Care Rep providing peace of mind to thousands. My management team was Great, I was in the top 2% of the whole company of 10000+ employees. Management ask to to go for supervisor many times. Co-workers many times came by to ask for help on my team as well as off in which I enjoyed helping. The hardest part of my job is when the closed the Company down. The most enjoyable part was that I was able to help millions of American get affordable Health Care. As well as my hours.
ugh
csr (Current Employee), Chester, VASeptember 8, 2014
Pros: monday-friday shift and my coworkers
Cons: job in general, high call volume, beneficiaries, parking, temperature (always freezing) strict rules everything about this job is bad!
By far the worst place I've ever worked. There is NO opportunity for advancement. People that have been there for years make the same rate as someone walking through the door, that's ridiculous. Calls are back to back to back everyday for no reason. Having to deal with rude and irate callers that repeatedly call because it seems like they have nothing better to do with life. It almost seems as if you are wasting your breath with these callers because they call in thinking they know everything or they just don't listen to what you tell them.They warned us in training that the job is mentally draining and I took that lightly but it is definitely the truth. If you don't adhere to your schedule you could be coached and possibly terminated for it. It's almost impossible to adhere to your schedule when calls are back to back. The time they expect you to get callers of the phone is impossible because every call is different and a lot of calls take time. They say let them vent and talk but expect us to get them off the line in specific amount of time..Yeah ok! Don't bother to get sick or be on your death bed because they won't accommodate you for it you just have to have the "hours" to cover yourself. This is just a warning if you know you want more out of life and you would like to be in a position that allows you to at least be content please look else where. I shed a tear every time I sit at my desk because this job is the absolute worse!
Speaking to agents and or consumers about their healthcare issues.
Bilingual Internal Support Supervisor (Current Employee), Chester, VASeptember 8, 2014
I enjoy assisting people solve their issues, since I am bilingual I can do this in both English and Spanish.
Poor and unorganized workplace
customer service (Former Employee), chester, vaSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: my trainer was nice :)
Cons: short lunch, no food in cafe, unorganized, too many ppl, too many layoffs
GDIT is not the ideal company to work for. If you just need a job, then take it. This is not somewhere you would want to work as your career. The only thing I like about GDIT is that health insurance through them is FREE. other than that, company sucks. They butter you up and make it seem like everything is peaches and cream. NOPE! This is a temp position. you are NOT guaranteed permanent. Its ratchet and ghetto. Not to mention GDIT, is an "at-will" company, meaning they can fire you for any reason, at any time. I got extremely sick and was hospitalized for a week. Had doctors note and all, think they let me keep my job?? NO!! Due to me missing more than 40 hrs of wrk, they terminated me per their "policy". Its a bunch of BS. They're lucky I cant sue b/c of them being "at-will", but I definitely was. Its to each it owns but you shall see....don't say I didn't warn you. Just know, if you get sick, child gets sick, have death in the family, whatever the case may be, if u miss more than 40 hrs or reach your occurrences, you're GONE!!! And they don't care b/c im sure they have another 150 ppl starting the following week or month. They famous for hiring a lot of ppl then laying them off once medicare enrollment period ends. SMH
It was contract work while there
Communications (Former Employee), Middletown, RISeptember 4, 2014
Pros: nice work envirornment
Cons: long travel comute
I was only tjhere a few months as a contractor. I seemed to pickup that their were alot of perfessionals there, and all friendly
Very friendly workplace
Front Office Admin/Property Administrator (Former Employee), Arlington, VASeptember 3, 2014
I started off as a Receptionist but then I was given the title Front Office Administrator and I also received training to be a Property Administrator. I supported 2 offices, one in Arlington, VA and the other in Fairfax, VA. I ordered office supplies, greeted visitors, reserved conference rooms, worked closely with the Facilities department, assisted with new hires for our office located in Richmond, VA.
Positive workplace with challenging opportunities
Medicare Advanced Resolution Specialist (Current Employee), Lawrence, KSAugust 27, 2014
Pros: free health insurance
Cons: working in a cubicle
GDIT is a positive workplace environment. It can be stressful at times but as a result of that offers a challenging and rewarding experience. The opportunity to help real people with deal with real problems is a very rewarding experience. The intricate and complex political dynamic of the workplace offers wonderful insight into resource allocation and personnel management.
Nice Start-Up Job
Customer Service Representative (Temporary Agent) (Former Employee), Chester, VAAugust 27, 2014
A typical day at work would include arriving and going straight to my desk to begin taking customer service calls. The breaks were moderate, and my coworkers were pleasant people to be around. From this job, I learned how to work with computer database programs and to troubleshoot by using them. I also learned how to perform extensive research so I could weigh out all of the possible outcomes of a problem at hand.

The hardest part about the job was sometimes the wait between calls; we were not given much else to do. The most enjoyable part was helping consumers to the best of my ability, as well as coworker interaction and meeting new people.
Great place to be!
Sr. Network Administrator (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 25, 2014
Benefits/pay good. Work/life balance very good. Not much support from day-to-day.
A nice place to work; nice people and interesting work.
Senior Database Developer (Current Employee), Bay St. Louis / Stennis Space Center, MSAugust 22, 2014
Pros: interesting work with good people
Cons: job security depends on government funding, and is at risk year by year.
I worked with a small, hard-working team performing System Analysis. Researching the recent developments in parallel processing and virtualization in a data and graphic-intesive environment has been a great pleasure and learning experience. I've enjoyed working with GDIT personnel and management as well as our client.

About General Dynamics - IT

General Dynamics Corporation (General Dynamics) offers a portfolio of products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, – Read more