General Dynamics Information Technology Employee Reviews

Found 4,268 reviews matching the search
n/a
ASSOCIATE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSAugust 20, 2017
Typical call center work, fast pace, always changing. Decent benefits, little room for advancement, although they are lenient with attendance and after a year of working you get 2 weeks of paid vacation.
Customer Services
Quality specialist (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSAugust 20, 2017
A typical day at work is going to work log up the work load for the day and start grading calls. The most enjoyable part of the job is that when we are call to phone to take calls being able to help people sign up for insurance. And as well listening to the things that they may be experiences in life.
Pros
Having free health insurance.
Cons
The work envirnoment.
Good beginning at GD
Information Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Germantown, MDAugust 20, 2017
I liked where I worked. The people in my team were fantastic. However, even within the Security Team as a whole, it was a dog-eat-dog world. That and lack of cross training and pay advancement made me leave. However, if offered a job there again, I would come back.
Great opportunity
Network Support Technician I, USARCENT 3rd Army (Former Employee) –  KWAugust 20, 2017
This was my first time stepping out of the country to work. I learned to emprove on my skill and was push to to learn more which was great. Management was great as well because they wnated us to learn more for advancment. We became a family in with in the system. This General Dynamics was very different than todays General Dynamics. It offered stability job security and benefits for growth. But more on the professional level to where other companies employees wanted to get in because they heard and had seen that it was a great place to work.
Pros
Professonal place to work.
Cons
Did not want to work any place else even if you were offered more.
productive place to work
Lead Senior Inspector (Former Employee) –  Marion, VAAugust 20, 2017
worked in quality control as inspection supervisor. Ability to read blue prints. Great place to work would highly recommend it. Worked in a great environment with great benefits and pay
good place to earn money for you and great retirement ,penstion and 401k
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Saco, MEAugust 19, 2017
Great place to work.A bit stressful. Managers are good.friendly staff.A good lunch room .Parking is fine.People are friendly to work with .Many different department to work for.Machine shop environment is clean and kept up .Room for advancement.Over all good hours and fair amount of over time.
Pros
benifits
Cons
stress
Pretty decent place
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSAugust 18, 2017
They try their best to keep it upbeat and positive, but it is still a call center. Training was in depth and very well planned. Flexible hours and 24/7.
Pros
24/7 hours/decent pay
Cons
call center
Great travel and great people
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 18, 2017
I loved working for this company and with the people assigned to my contract. I was afforded the opportunity to extensively travel both in and out of the U.S. and learned many new technical skills.
Pros
Good benefits and good pay
Cons
Strict rules of personal conduct when working on classified projects
Csr
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bogalusa, LAAugust 18, 2017
nothing bad to say about the company I just wish it was more ways to move up in the company instead them choosing whom they want in the position they need to change that..And the way they talk to people
Fun workplace
Quality Assurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 18, 2017
General Dynamic provides excellent benefits and supports had working individuals to better their lives. General Dynamic is a Friendly place to work. The support staff and supervisors are dedicated to your success and provide all the tools necessary for one to achieve their goal.
Pros
Nice Cafe
Job
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALAugust 18, 2017
My experience have been great and working with great individuals. A little understaffed causing more stress than needed. Since the work is based on external request, some days are busier than others.
Benefits
Cons
24/7 operation
Its Land Systems not Technology
Maintenance Mechanic S2 (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAAugust 17, 2017
Excellent pay, fair benefits, good managers and supervision was in the minority. A lot of favoritism, big attitudes (management and staff) and micromanagement.
very stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTAugust 17, 2017
My first time working with a call center it is very stressful call center. Potential to move up to achieve better experience in other position after a year
Pros
some good benefits
Cons
very stressful
Great oppurtunities for job promotion and career choices
Coatings supervisor/Journeyman 4 painter (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 17, 2017
Great people to work with and for. Professional atmosphere where everybody work together and hard quality work is rewarded without fail. The open door policy is second to none and I like that I felt I had a voice and a management team that pushed me to be better.
Pros
I like the 401k package
Cons
THe Project I worked on was a Civil, This project needed only Public Trust security
Principal Administrator, Unix Systems (Former Employee) –  Warrenton, VAAugust 17, 2017
We were in the middle of Solaris 10 to Solaris 11.2 Migration. A typical day started with leftover CRs (Change Requests for migration of File Systems from either VXFS or UFS to ZFS (because Solaris 11.2 uses only ZFS), part of the day was used for routine work modifying user securities/removing user logins of relieved uses, because project budget was reduced.
Learned a lot about Solaris 11.2 and Solaris 10 to Solaris 11.2 migration. I was one of the Member who was trained for Solaris 10 to Solaris 11.2 migration.
Workplace was Friendly and cooperative.
Hardest part of the job for not having enough time to finish everything on my plate.
Most enjoyable part was during the Maintenance Period (patching/upgrades/serious fixes etc.), Because whole team worked like one. If someone finished his/her tasks they were they were the to help every other person who needs.
Pros
Open door policy, Management was very supportive
Cons
No Cafateria, it was unnessary in convenience.
Wonderful Company
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 17, 2017
General Dynamics is one of the nicest companies I have ever worked for. The company has a unique culture that makes you enjoy coming into work every day. I miss working for them and miss the positive working relationships I built with my coworkers. I would very much enjoy working with them again in the future.
steady work , breaks , lunch, travel and good pay With Benefits
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXAugust 17, 2017
Leader in technological advancement, land systems development including the m1a1 tank platform and stryker vehicles.
lots of travel and and an all around good place to work,
good job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLAugust 16, 2017
a typical work day is calm but can be stressful at times dealing with certain consumers, overall good job. the supervisors are nice, everyone one there is overall nice and has a good work ethic
Pros
casual wear
Cons
dealing with upset consumers
Average place to work
Buyer (Former Employee) –  State College, PAAugust 16, 2017
It's an average place to work with lots of nice people. Unfortunately, it's a part of a huge corporation with headquarters in Arizona. Their bureaucratic approach does not let local plant's proper development.
Pros
Good location
Cons
no career advancement
STRESSFUL and no proper training
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 16, 2017
GDIT just herds people in like cattle. Dealing with insurance it would make sense to make sure that everyone is properly trained but manager hardly know what is going on most of the time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at General Dynamics Information Technology. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval