General Dynamics Information Technology

General Dynamics Information Technology Employee Reviews

Typical Call Center
Customer Claims Specialist (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Meeting new and interesting people from all walks of life
Cons: Back to back calls, constance demands, system malfunctions
If looking for something temporary part time this may work, company show no employee appreciation, low pay, promotion only temporary, no pay raises
Good Pay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMAugust 24, 2015
Working at General Dynamics is great if you enjoy working at a very fast pace! the pay is great, but you are at a cubicle for the entire day and sometimes are required to work weekends. overtime is always an option!
Pretty Good Job
customer service rep (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 20, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: 30 min lunch
High inbound calls taking care of customers helping customers pick plans. This was a job that passed the time also had a great supervisor and helpful people within the company
Job is overwhelming, but if you keep a strong mind set you can get thru the day
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Chester, VAAugust 19, 2015
it's extremely disorganized from the higher up's corresponding with the lower level employees. your basically disposable with this company.
Duplicate reporting to JPO and GD increased my workload.
Program and Financial Management Analyst (Former Employee), California, MDAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Working with foreign nationals
Cons: Making timely adjustments to meet program delays
General Dynamics was located offsite, an estimated 6 miles from the Joint Program Office and therefore, was not always abreast of the daily atmosphere at the JPO. For management and leadership contractors – more... were under the direction of government employees. I had no coworkers because my manpower budget was consistently too small. The hardest part of my job was obtainng timely completions on financial, logistics or program requirements from other workcenters. The most enjoyable part of my job was the camaraderie between vendors, analyst and engineers. – less
stablility
Pilot Workforce (Current Employee), Chester, VAAugust 15, 2015
Cons: When there are easy way to say thats not covered
Most enjoyable moments on my job is when I can help someone who can not help themselves whether it be through empowering them or just assisting them to get the healthcare they need is rewarding.
A great work atmosphere
Construction Supervisor (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORAugust 15, 2015
Pros: Company BBQs a few times p/yr
Cons: Health care was weak for such a big company
All my co workers were a great deal of fun to work with. Plenty of comrade group sense. We had a busy schedule with a strong sense of urgency to meet time lines on project build out. Management was supportive and encouraged your individual dedication to project with any needs considered of matter. Getting recognition for your hard work did not go unnoticed. A very rare thing in most cases.
This is a negative place to work in Sandy UT. Nation wide great place.
Pilot Workforce Supervisor, (Current Employee), Sandy, UTAugust 15, 2015
I would not recommend Sandy GDIT but I would recommend other center in the company. Other sites have competent management.
Not a fun place to work or to get ahead
Helpdesk Technician (Former Employee), 935 Pennsylvania Avemue, NW, Washington, DCAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Not applicable
Cons: Tier 1, 2, &3 managers did not care enough about Tier 1 workers.
The coworkers within Tier 2 and Tier 3 groups were the worst. They cursed all of the time and made it hard for Tier 1 workers to speak with customers on the phone. The customers could hear the cursing – more... in the background, yet GDIT Managers did nothing to curtail the situation. Very hard for Tier 1 employees to get ahead. Scheduling for Tier1 employees was the worst as managers did not take into consideration that women should not be working the 3:30pm to 11:30pm shift, especially if you were taking the metrorail system home. – less
Great for employees
Procurement Specialist US Embassy Kabul (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAAugust 12, 2015
I enjoyed my time with GDIT this company really takes care of its personnel at all times no matter how far away. pay and travel is simple no ever gives you a hard time, they make sure you get paid right the first time and they always have a solution to your problems.
Very rewarding job.
Field Engineer / Site Manager (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKAugust 11, 2015
I enjoyed most of the travel and places that I was able to see and enjoy during my employment. Met a lot of friends who will be friends for life.
Flexible and Pleasant Working Environment
Program Assistant (Former Employee), Rockville MDAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Work from home, good benefits, weekends off
Cons: Not many advancement opportunities
This is a good place to work for someone who is more benefits focused than advancement focused. The health benefits are great even though the salary isn't. The jobs can vary widely because this is such a big company. Overall I enjoyed working with GDIT. They were very flexible with my school schedule and there were lots of chances to work from home.
Great Place
Associate Specialist (Current Employee), Chester Va.August 9, 2015
Pros: Continuation of trainings.
Cons: Not emough off phone time to create notes in system in reference to customer calls.
I log on to my computer and assist beneficiaries with inquiries they may have or general informtion. Also I assist consumers with inquiries and general informtion. I've learned the most highest level of customer services due to PPOM (Providing Peace of Mind) and quality monitoring.
Great flexibility, but needs better process to show employee appretiation
Senior Human Resources Business Partner (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAAugust 5, 2015
Pros: Work from home capability, Flexible Schedule
Cons: Fast Paced, High Volume, No employee engagement or motivation
Great flexibility, but needs better process to show employee appreciation. The Corporate culture is not a fun atmosphere, as everyone is very busy and always focused on work. Lacks employee motivation, engagement, and reduction of turnover processes.
GDIT
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Fort Knox, KYAugust 5, 2015
Great place to work. I am able to gain ample experince and this job is preparing me for my future. I will be here for a very long time. Leadership is amazing and always looking for any way to improve our working conditions.
Learning Environment
IT (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAAugust 4, 2015
Pros: Not Micro managed
Cons: Bad Management
No job security, no pay advances, misleading information provided by managers. Once hired, you are responsible for finding your own work within the company.
exciting
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Chester, VAAugust 3, 2015
Pros: hours
Cons: getting time off
working the clients was really fun, learning different products that the company had to offer was great. I enjoy the staff and the management with this company. The flexibility was not really good for parents with children.
Limited advancement opportunities
Manager, Project/Task (Former Employee), Fort Stewart, GAAugust 2, 2015
limited room for advancement which leads to bad office politics

good technical skilled work force

competitive benefits package
Productive and very informative job
Baby sitter (Current Employee), Riverview, FLJuly 29, 2015
Working at GDIT was my first call center job. It was one of the best experiences, i learned so much information and improved my customer skills.
An Average Large Company
Mission Support Administrator (Current Employee), Dulles, VAJuly 28, 2015
Pros: A large company with lots of positions.
Cons: Does not look out for their senior employees. Also, they do not offer many healthcare options.
GD is a decent large company to work for with an average compensation package. Management can be great depending on who you work for just like with any other company.