General Dynamics Information Technology Employee Reviews

Found 4,130 reviews matching the search
goog company
Telecommunication Technician (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJuly 20, 2017
I understand the company has good benefits and is employee friendly. They're willing to go that extra mile to teach you need to know in order to be a good employee.
Pros
Perks
Cons
n/a
Technical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJuly 20, 2017
A typical work day for a Trainer included facilitating new hire classes, completing time cards for accuracy, data input regarding anything that went on in the training class. Acting as floor supervisor when not in class.
Pros
Was apart of a great training team
Cons
We closed down (mass layoff)
The reviews are nothing but lies
Government Contractor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 20, 2017
The company is disguised as plantation. If you are not any color other than white you will not get far. I wouldn't recommend this company to anybody.
productive and relaxing
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTJuly 20, 2017
Everyone comes into work and does their job. And on breaks and meal breaks we can just talk and enjoy each others company. Management was ok, they were nice and helped us with our job when needed.
Pros
days off on holidays
Cons
have to take break exactly at time they want
Very intense environment
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lynn Haven, FLJuly 20, 2017
My experience with this job has been challenging but I must say its worth it,long as your on a good team everything else should fall in place,very good job
It's ok
Internal Support Group Agent (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSJuly 19, 2017
If you are looking for a job where you are just a number, this is the job for you! If you can keep good attendance, you can keep the job. Pay attention in training. You seriously will be talking to real people on the phone. It's not a joke.
This company was unfair.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJuly 19, 2017
After working for this company for two years they just decided to close down the site with very short notice. No compensation just good bye. Then it took 5 weeks to get my unemployment.
Pros
Health and dental
Cons
No raises
Pretty Good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chester, VAJuly 19, 2017
I enjoyed my time at General Dynamics. The people made it a very nice environment to work in. THe majority of the Supervisors were pretty good at their jobs.
Productive workplace
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bogalusa, LAJuly 19, 2017
General Dynamics is a great place to work for , if you like talking to others and typing and looking up different aspects of your itinerary. It really helps you become a better person while working there.
Pros
Nice amount of breaks
Cons
Short breaks and strict management
Okay work
Data entry (Former Employee) –  London, KYJuly 18, 2017
Hours are good but management doesn't care about you or your job at all. They don't help with anything. You're pretty much on your own. Which is okay with me..
Pros
good pay.. good hours
Cons
supervisors, management and HR is horrible
Always some work to be done!
Welder (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 18, 2017
Work was busy for the most part and if overtime was available I worked it. Management was kind and helpful. Walking from the parking lot was a while away.
Respectible Company with great leaders
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSJuly 18, 2017
We had a set schedule
I learned customer service skills
Management did a great job with enforcing rules
The workplace culture was nice
The hardest part of the job was taking calls from rude customers
The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting consumers with theit application
Pros
We got our own space
Cons
no food vendors overnight
Busy and Fun
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Corbin, KYJuly 18, 2017
As a supervisor with GDIT I deal with different task each day working with my team is the most enjoyable part of the day for me. I enjoy working with each of my co-workers and have formed great and lasting friendship at GDIT
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
healthcare
Micro-managed,moderate-benefits
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 18, 2017
I Worked in civilian sector of company and my experience was from the position I held with this company from that sector. The demographic that this position may entice would be a college student attending school or someone not necessary looking for a career.It a customer call center and direction is backwards. Employees are treated like tools rather then humans. The security of Information does not allow the employee in this sector to have any electronic/paper items on you. The job rules may make you feel like a child rather then adult employees.
Good job
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  LondonJuly 18, 2017
Very thorough training classes. I think we were in ours for 2 weeks. When we got on the floor we always had help from supervisors. We always had what we needed.
Medicare Representative (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSJuly 18, 2017
Great place to work if you like to take calls over the phone. The conduct in which one must hold one self if very strict however this is to be expected of a Government Contracted CSR. So if you can handle the strict guidelines set out for you when taking calls then this job is a pretty good bet.
Fun environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bogalusa, LAJuly 17, 2017
I worked here whenever I lived in Louisiana and the people and the job were very different to me. It was the first call center I worked at that you trained for 2weeks and had to pass a test before hitting the floor to work.
Pros
They had potlucks a lot.
Cons
Not allowed cell phones on the property
It's ok
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHJuly 17, 2017
The job was fairly simple, and didn't offer much room for advancement. The health care package was too expensive. This was a factory that makes military equipment, so it is very dependent on military contracts
Room for advancement
CHIEF OF STUDENT MANAGEMENT (Former Employee) –  Fort Lee, VAJuly 17, 2017
This company cared about employee morale and there was room for advancement. They promoted a lot from within. They also did monthly get togethers to promote company morale.
No review.
Medicare Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 17, 2017
Call center environment / Medicare / Claims / Enrollment / Assist Medicare beneficiaries with general and complex issues pertaining to their coverage.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at General Dynamics Information Technology. Our community is ready to answer.

General Dynamics Information Technology Reviews by Location