General Dynamics Information Technology

General Dynamics Information Technology Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,212 reviews matching the search
If you're looking for anything
Medicare/ Marketplace Call Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chester, VA 23836July 25, 2016
you basically have to stay to yourself working there. The pay was decent however the work environment was unprofessional.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
Unprofessinal staff
loved this job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTJuly 25, 2016
This was the best job I have worked. Job is easy and relaxed. The pay is decent. The management team and trainers do a wonderful job communicating, and giving out data.
It's ok
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chester, VAJuly 22, 2016
The job is really easy and will be ok if they pay you for the job you do. I feel that the little amount of money you make for a government contracted job is crazy.
Never a dull moment
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 21, 2016
The pace of work is steady and the co-workers are nice to be around. Management is nice and they also have a state of the art gym available to the employees.
Good Company
Call Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Coralville, IAJuly 21, 2016
Inbound and outbound calling, customer service and information provided on a number of contracts such as medicare, student loans and credit counseling.
Cons
High turnover of employees
Unenjoyable workplace
Technician (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJuly 21, 2016
I have learned how to work with different pieces of gear and test equipment. The management is great though and will work with your work schedule. Co-workers are the moodiest and lazy group I personally have ever worked with. While I am usually at my bench working they are surfing the internet or playing on facebook. The hardest part of my job is using outdated information (schematics, if there are any) or not having any information of the gear to assist in troubleshooting and repair.. Most enjoyable is the management personal that I have to answer to.
Pros
understanding of situations that occur with children
Cons
no room for growth
Love my job
Project Lead (Current Employee) –  Chester, VAJuly 20, 2016
The people I work with along with the projects I manage make me want to come to work each and every day. I would recommend this company.
Productive environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bogalusa, LAJuly 20, 2016
I loved working with GDIT other than the lack of stability for long term growth. The employees never knew month to month when the Bogalusa, La location was going to be closed down.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
always considered a "temporary position"
always changin work enviroment
Internal Support Group Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Lynn Haven, FLJuly 20, 2016
From working for GDIT I learned to to be the best Customer Service Representative I can be. I met some of my best friends while working there. Hardest part of the job was telling the consumer a negative out come. My managers and supervisors were really helpful in assisting progression in the company.
Pros
payed holidays, 2 weeks vacation after one year
caring environment but busy
Customer Service Representatives (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSJuly 20, 2016
Busy environment and good work place to help people in need of Health insurance both private and Medicare. Great training and room for advancement if you want it. Feels good to answer and help people with their problems daily.
Pros
great co-workers who help each other
Cons
busy phones back to back calls 70% of the time during the day
Great Job
Medicare Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 20, 2016
If you want to sit on your bum all day.
The culture here is very professional and moving up in every possible way.

Great benefits, but terrible side effects... not much exercise required, can develop migraines from looking at computer screen too much and or hearing the consumers complaints all day long.
Call center, great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJuly 19, 2016
Go place of employment, call center great customer service, provide the customers with scripts and providing answers to their question.
communication from all geography
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Coralville, IAJuly 19, 2016
I enjoyed working with and helping all people from all areas of the world. It is nice to hear someone tell you thanks for helping them. I enjoyed it, I am a people person and I am very good at customer service and talking to people.
Pros
Kudos
Cons
it was hard to tell someone when I could not help them
Great place to work. Challenging and very rewarding
Source Inspector (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 18, 2016
Electric Boat is a great place to work and fine tune your skills. Management has a hands off approach and trusts their employees with their work load.
imp
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLJuly 17, 2016
they are a great company were they give opportunity to every body develop what they learn really good people the training really good
Great group to work with
Nett Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lewis, WAJuly 16, 2016
Continually learning the new equipment that is being built for and tested for the military. Getting to train the military personnel is also very rewarding.
Typical day of work
Associate Specialist, Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 15, 2016
CSR, Tier I answer phone calls and help consumer with their questions, reset passwords, unlock accounts, and escalete to another team if necesary.
Cons
lack of work culture from co-workers
Nice Building, Big Breakroom, no Cafeteria
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lynn Haven, FLJuly 14, 2016
I took a test for Supervisor and passed but there wasn't any positions, most coworkers were nice, went to Night shift and weekends for more money....we were trrained to answer questions on Healthcare
Pros
Salary was decent, good breaks, coworkers nice, flex time
Cons
techinical problems, benefits
Depends on how you look at it.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJuly 13, 2016
A typical day at work was not just your average work environment. Majority of the time supervisors were arguing and having verbal altercations with their team. I can only speak from my experiences. As far as how to handle yourself as a professional that is common sense. The knowledge about the job details as for as medicare/medicaid was very helpful.
Pros
I made a lot of great associates, friends, experiences, how to meet quota, and provide knowledgeable information about the products
Cons
Very urban, low wages, not enough communications, clickish, and dangerous.
Wonderful place to work
Procurement Liaison (Former Employee) –  Westwood, MAJuly 13, 2016
A department of defense company that is a great place to work. The management in my department micro-managed. That was their leadership style. The company kepy you informed as much as possible .
Pros
Big company
Cons
Commercial business contracts arevery very slow at the present

General Dynamics Information Technology Reviews by Location