General Dynamics Information Technology Employee Reviews

Productive environment
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAOctober 17, 2017
General Dynamics IT is an awesome place to work allowing you the opportunity to grow in experience. The salary is very good. Leadership is very hands on and approachable.
Pros
Cons
It is far from home
nice work enviroment
Internal Support Group (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 16, 2017
Answer phone inquiries from consumer and assist in filling out applications and any problems or issues with the insurance companies.
The company has shift bids every 6 month, making your schedule, supervisor and team members change.
Text Data Processor
Text data processor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 16, 2017
Maintained personnel and other records, miscellaneous typing and clerical duties, prepared and distributed internal receiving documents for processing material and parts for aircraft production
Pros
Good boss and people to work with as a team player.
Cons
Getting pink slipped.
the job and prodution was mainly kayotic
senior labor (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAOctober 16, 2017
i would come to work, we would has our morning meetings and get a general lo-down on what expected for that morning. after which the foreman would always ask any question on what needs to be done?? if no spoke up we all would go to our work station and start the day and do our appointed task at the best of our abilities. the hardest thing would be lack of communication in general and the most enjoyable part would be the end of the day.
Pros
once a pace is set it almost could run itself.;
Cons
lack of support all around.
productive
PAINTER (Former Employee) –  VA Beach, VAOctober 16, 2017
very good culture
I learned a lot
great management
workplace culture is ok
hardest part of job is outside elements
most enjoyable part of the job is working with others
Productive competitive place to work.
Senior Logistics Engineer (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VAOctober 16, 2017
A typical work day consisted of reviewing of Logistics documents. I learned Team Work is Imperative and that management was exceptionally supportive. From what I saw the culture was friendly and everyone was working together not only with one another but with management as well.
Average work setting
Special Projects Lead (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VAOctober 16, 2017
CRQ's , Incident tickets, small and large scale projects CRQ's , learned UFS configuration, troubleshooting. Engaged many other service lanes to complete projects.
Cons
short lunches, dress code, pay
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLOctober 16, 2017
Typical customer service role so you are sitting and looking at a computer screen for entire shift. The people are great to work with but the advancement opportunity is not ideal.
Pros
People
Cons
Advancement Opportunity
Average
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSOctober 15, 2017
This is your average call center position. Good pay for the area. Not a good place for a single parent. Individuals who did lesser work made the same as others.
activity walking whenever have time
Operator Technician (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNOctober 15, 2017
I have fun when I worked there and enjoyed, learned a lot, nothing hard for me because am learning very fast....my enjoyable job is soldering and interesting on very detail job....
Workplace Environment
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Groton, CTOctober 13, 2017
Everyone was always willing to help at EB. Working in the shipyard is an incredible experience where you are allowed to grow as an engineer. I recommend everyone should work at a place like EB.
Pros
Food
Cons
Commute
Productive and fun place to be
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, KYOctober 12, 2017
I loved my job at GDIT. It's kind of an easy job, I would love to go back there. They are very professional and very productive. I would definitely recommend this job to my friends/family.
Pros
Decent breaks, healthcare, 401K
Cons
I cant think of any.
Opportunities to continue personal and professional development
Trainer/Instructor (Current Employee) –  Homestead, FLOctober 12, 2017
Excellent place to grow and develop. Great cultural and philosophical inclusive and diverse environment. Very family oriented,team building oriented and personal and professional development.
Pros
Dedicated to get the job done and do it with excellence.
Cons
Short contracts
Not bad pay, but keep your options open.
Call Center Representative II (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSOctober 12, 2017
This is a good job to have while searching for another. The compensation is one of the best in the area. They do work with Students on schedule. However if you have an issue with childcare they may or may not adjust you to a more doable shift. So apply? Yes. Plan on staying for a long time? Well...keep an eye out for other positions just in case. Also benefits can be hard to access.
Pros
Wage
Cons
30 minute lunch
GDLS Was Great while it lasted
Maintenance Engineering/Logistics Engineering (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIOctober 12, 2017
I worked for GDLS for 13 years, and if political administrations had not been what they were, I would still be working there if I had the choice. The downside to working for a defense contractor during a time of defense and budget cuts, jobs were lost as a result.
Easy relaxed work place.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, KYOctober 11, 2017
Great job.
Most managers are very nice and easy to work with.
Hours are flexible when ATO is available.
Set schedule.
Paid time off.
Full time or part time available
Great Place to Work At
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLOctober 11, 2017
Many many help and fun people with growing opportunities to advance. Nice environment where you can be your self and learn ways to make yourself better. As an employee there are many help tools, employee and mangers to give much advise as needed.Team building is the quickest way to stay grounding in work task to make yourself stand out. In the team environment there are ways to help one another to build strong self.
Great potential, but difficult to embrace change
Sr. Security Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 10, 2017
The company has unlimited potential and a lot of great people. However, upper (corporate) management is more focused on internal customers than the external customers. Processes are stagnant and are not agile enough in today's competitive business landscape.
Pros
Large Company Culture
Cons
More focused on internal customers than the external customers
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 10, 2017
Interesting work, decent management, opportunity for advancements. Work environment was typical of an aerospace/defense contractor. Neither the best or worst in this category.
Pros
Interesting work, good pay
Cons
Stressful sometimes
Gdit
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 10, 2017
Excellent salary, scheduling and benefits. A challenging stream of callers with different issues proves to be a good way to keep one on their toes. Helpful co-workers and easy to understand procedures.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at General Dynamics Information Technology. Our community is ready to answer.