General Dynamics Information Technology

General Dynamics Information Technology Employee Reviews

Found 3,682 reviews matching the search
Very good environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 28, 2017
Learned a lot from this company great company to get tools to be successful in other companies it prepares you to understand people daily lives and different cultures to be able to help to the most extent possible.
Good employment for region
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, KYMarch 28, 2017
I didn't really have a problem with the job itself, I just eventually stopped being able to handle people verbally abusing me all day. If you have a thick skin and have no problem separating yourself from their comments, this is a good place to be.
Pros
Good pay, good supervisors and co-workers
Cons
Short lunches
Loved the challenges of each new project assigned
SHIPPING RECEIVING CLERK (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 28, 2017
Loved coming to work, each week was given a new project to complete. Work with different departments daily. Learned to share what we knew with others to help get work done.
Hardest part was when we were told they were outsourceing the company,
Love the people and culture.
Pros
always had outside venders in.
Cons
End of quarter had very long hours
income
call center rep (Former Employee) –  Chester, VAMarch 27, 2017
income never increases, management sucks, and the only time u get more money is during open enrollment period from November to January. Other than that, the pay rate sucks.
Excellent work environment
Senior Principal Hardware Engineer (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MAMarch 27, 2017
People oriented with lots of support from management in your personal and professional life. There is nothing negative about this place; all positive opinions.
Gdit
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Corbin, KYMarch 27, 2017
Can be a very hectic environment to work for both contracts that are mainly given for both CMS centers for medicare and Medicaid services , medicare and health insurance marketplace contracts
Pros
Decent insurance, good pay paid holidays
Good Atmosphere
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 27, 2017
Excellent company with good benefits. The local office is nice but small. Very professional and laid back at the same time. I enjoy working here too!
It was a great palce to work I would recommend working here to anyone
Customer Service Rep. (Former Employee) –  Bogalusa, LAMarch 27, 2017
I really enjoyed working for this company. We were put on teams and I really enjoyed my team. I loved the work environment we were always rewarded for great performance with bonuses and recognition. It is very easy to move up in the company. We always had the trainings we needed to do our jobs. We attended trainings on a regular basis so we stayed informed on how to achieve the goals we set. The benefits and rewards are great.
Pros
great health insurance, bonuses for job well done
not a good place to work
Cost Accountant (Current Employee) –  Washington StateMarch 27, 2017
you can work here if you want to feel under appreciated and under payed. this truly is still the good-ole boys club. Everyone here has worked here for years and no one wants to help anyone else succeed.
Ok. General Dynamics is an OK place to work. As a dual agent, you'll get single pay for the job of 2.
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chester, VAMarch 27, 2017
General Dynamics is an OK place to work but as a dual agent, you'll get single pay for the job of 2. Fights and arguments constantly occurs among the employees. High turnover, lots of stress with no job security. Here today and gone tomorrow. Not enough income to pay bills and eat. That's just how it is.
General Dynamics
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lynn Haven, FLMarch 26, 2017
My job was answering phone calls and providing help on difficult question on today’s insurance market with the new health care laws. I fill out applications and enroll consumers with the best insurance plan for them. I work hand in hand with insurance companies to resolve issues between the systems transmitting information. I also have a government clearance level which requires me to keep information private with the new healthcare laws.
Good pay, friendly people, heavy corporate atmosphere
Test Score Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSMarch 26, 2017
The role that I filled consisted of sitting at a computer and grading, then lunch, then more sitting at a computer and grading. I had full-time, good-paying work, but it was temporary. I learned that I would like to have a job where at least some physical activity is involved. Management was easy to talk to and work with. For me, the atmosphere was less than ideal. The job itself was easy enough, but it could be hard in another way to sit at a desk call-center style for 40 hours a week doing a repetitive task.
It's good company but needs better management
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXMarch 26, 2017
Would help assist customer's with signing up for the ACA and help maintain good Health coverage. Helping them apply for Tax Credit to lower their monthly premium
Pros
Free Medical
Cons
Not good management
Internal Support Group Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 26, 2017
This job was awesome when I started 4 years ago. As time passed Management changed and so did the expectations of the job. All you could do was basically come to work and do your job you had no perks to look forward to and no room for advancement but a short time.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
No room for advancement
Challenging Work
Sr. Manager (Current Employee) –  DC, DCMarch 25, 2017
Challenging Work, Growing Company, many chances provided to excel and succeed. Senior Management is changing culture for the better and instilling a sense of ownership.
Too big a Company
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMarch 25, 2017
You can get lost in this company. I never had any interaction with General Dynamics management, if fact, I never knew who they were or their location. Bottom line: It's lives up to the term "military industrial complex."
Pros
Not sure, I was just a number
Cons
Way too big
Productive and Challengingly
Obamacare customer services representative. (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 25, 2017
Sitting down for 9 hours besides the breaks wasn't really my idea of a working environment only because I was use to working with a team. Though I did love the job, in being able to help people with a health insurance general question. The expressions in people voices when I would tell them "Yes" they qualify for a plan and even a Tax credit. It was something that actually really made day. My supervisor was also pretty helpful and a few co-workers around me were delightful people, very helpful in answering a few of my questions.
Pros
Paychecks were indeep, Learned alot about the marketing
Cons
Understanding the Training and scripting. Short breaks.
Solid Company
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSMarch 25, 2017
GD is a very solid company to work for. Very stable and strict environment. Good pay. Room for growth. Decent pay. Varies hours. I really enjoyed working for government contracts
Neat Place to Work.
DESIGN ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Newton, NCMarch 24, 2017
I worked as a contract employee, so I can't speak to Compensation and Benefits. I enjoyed working at GD. They invest in their employees; the engineers always had the software and hardware they needed. I enjoyed the people I worked with. The culture is a little redneck; I liked it, but it may not be your thing.
Pros
Takes care of employees.
Cons
More willing to hire contractors that bring people on full time.
Overall very good place to work.
Senior Training Instructor (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZMarch 24, 2017
General Dynamics was a good place to work in that it had commensurate pay for the job required of me and the benefits were good as well. Leave was given anytime that it was needed as well as sick leave.
Pros
Great company for contractors.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at General Dynamics Information Technology. Our community is ready to answer.

General Dynamics Information Technology Reviews by Location