General Dynamics Information Technology Employee Reviews

Found 3,917 reviews matching the search
Description of job
Tier 2 representative (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSMay 26, 2017
Answering calls to make sure everyone's health insurance is okay. Searching through the consumers profile to find out what is actually wrong with the insurance. Having to deal with angry consumers at times, but also calming them down to help and to get a better understanding
Pros
thanks you, and helping to figure out the problems
Cons
Consumers can be rude, foul language, phone calls back to back
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Magee, MSMay 26, 2017
Cool place to work at. Would be better if they didn't hire just anybody. A lot of people with little to no experience and makes production very low and unprofessional atmosphere.
Entry Level Jobs, incentive opportunities
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 26, 2017
Overall a good place to work to gain experience for entry level applicants. Decent pay, Attendance and quality assurance is a big factor. Job site is closing permanently
Job is awesome, policy is unfair to people with children
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, KYMay 25, 2017
Mostly medium call volume. Traning is easy and you lean more hands on. Attendace policy is strict, praformace is graded on a high level of exalentcey.
Pros
Health care, pay rate
Cons
Policy
Its a Call Center
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 25, 2017
I enjoyed my time while employed here and I did learn so much that helped me in my next job. It is a call center however and it can be a little more hectic that normal.
Lots of Travel
Marine Electrician (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMay 25, 2017
Good company but lays people off who choose not to travel. Very diverse group of employees. Some times it's hard to advance as a lot of these people have been employed for a large number of years.
Good Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lynn Haven, FLMay 25, 2017
It is a call center with plenty of chances for advancement. However, they are very strict on time off and you can easily be let go, even if you have circumstances beyond your control.
Quite Challenging
Tier 1 Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSMay 24, 2017
When I first took the job with GDIT, I didn't know what to expect. After several months, I realized that it was from the end user database that I was working with. It was a typical day at work.
Pros
Healthcare, 401K
Cons
Needed more time for studies
I love this company
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 24, 2017
Such great company I can't really say anything negative about it love the environment they were on top of is there a game very professional would recommend this company to everyone I really enjoyed coming to work
Pros
Paid vacation paid holidays double pay on holidays awesome health insurance Vision Dental
Cons
Short breaks and sometimes there is lack of communication between the trainers and the HR
Great Environment & People
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAMay 24, 2017
Great environment and great people to work with. The job was interesting, fun and challenging. Location was good and convenient. Some management was a bit over-bearing.
Pros
People and interesting work
Cons
Some management like to micro-manage
Cutomer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 24, 2017
Pretty good place to work, when training they do help you out a lot. Especially when you never have had any experience what so ever in the call center world
Engineering Leads were great to work with.
Systems & Software Engineer (Full Time Contract) (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIMay 24, 2017
Great enineering work with General Dynamics Land Systems in Sterling heights, MI.

Great systems engineering team to work except manager.
Great opportunity to retrofit legacy systems with technologies intensive systems. Too many change in directions by systems engineering manager drove most of engineers out of organization.
Pros
Nice location
Cons
too much work
job
Office Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lynn Haven, FLMay 24, 2017
a good job to re enter the work field; however it was hard not to over empathize with consumers and their problems, as I provided insurance information and help with coverage dates etc.
Experience's may vary
JOPES (Current Employee) –  KuwaitMay 24, 2017
Depending on the contract/position, your experience could differ greatly..
You generally work 12 hours a day, five to seven days a week.
I haven't had any issues with management, always very helpful and easy going.
great place to work
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSMay 24, 2017
answering inbound calls maybe -30*40 calls. two fifteen minute break one 30 minute lunch. Great benefits including pto,vacation, free health insurance, 401k. lots of great discounts
Pros
free lunch during ot hours, free health insurance
Cons
short lunch
Quick temporary way to make easy money
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 23, 2017
This was a scripted job, that paid well. Getting overtime was easy and job didn't require you to use a lot of self thinking. Easy to get along with others and team members.
Great place to learn and grow on the job.
Journeyman Welder (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 22, 2017
Always overtime available, work and life balance was manageable due to three shifts to choose from. Advancement was always an option they had traveling opportunities as well as skill growth. They provided evening classes for those who wanted to advance. Benefits where the best I have ever seen, health insurance could not be any better.
Great place to work - good benefits
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 22, 2017
This was my first full time job. As a secretary I did general office work. Typing, phone, filing, ordering office supplies. The management was excellent and knew how to motivate their employees. I learned how to multitask and get myself to think in an organized fashion since I had so much work to accomplish in one day. It was a pleasant place to work with high demands but the benefits were great. The most enjoyable part of the job was the sense of accomplishment at the end of the day knowing I did the best I could. The hardest part are the demands that are put on the employees to get the job done on time.
Pros
Great management and good benefits
Cons
company left the city and moved to Calif.
Not paid eneough
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chester, VAMay 22, 2017
management don't really care about your personal, don't pay enough to deal with the rude consumers or even the time that you have to spend assisting them.
Pros
sit down all day
Cons
not good pay rude customers as well as horriable HR
Good Place to work
Sr. HR Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 22, 2017
I really enjoy working here. It is challenging, fast paced and a great place to work. Management is always looking for ways to improve and work really well together.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at General Dynamics Information Technology. Our community is ready to answer.

General Dynamics Information Technology Reviews by Location