General Dynamics Information Technology

General Dynamics Information Technology Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,210 reviews matching the search
Unprofessional
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, KYJuly 11, 2016
The hiring staff at General Dynamics in the London/Corbin area are very unprofessional. First I went to an interview session online and was told I would be contacted in a couple of days but then never received no such call. I sent e-mails to both hiring recruiters with no answer. I would have liked a reason why I was not selected for employment seeing how I have prior call center experience. Ignoring my e-mails I believe was very unprofessional.
Pros
Cons
unprofessional
Unenjoyable workplace
Technician (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJuly 21, 2016
I have learned how to work with different pieces of gear and test equipment. The management is great though and will work with your work schedule. Co-workers are the moodiest and lazy group I personally have ever worked with. While I am usually at my bench working they are surfing the internet or playing on facebook. The hardest part of my job is using outdated information (schematics, if there are any) or not having any information of the gear to assist in troubleshooting and repair.. Most enjoyable is the management personal that I have to answer to.
Pros
understanding of situations that occur with children
Cons
no room for growth
Work Enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Riverview, FL 33578July 6, 2016
A typical work day would consist of a handful of work to keep everyone busy. I like to stay busy that way it feels as if the day is going faster. I would like a management team to tell me how I am doing. In other words, constructive criticism. As for my co-workers, I like to work side by side with them. I like to stick together because after all, we are a team. The hardest part of a job for me has to be learning the material. Once that is out of the way, I can overcome any obstacle in my way. In contrast, my favorite part of the job would have to be putting a smile on a customer's face. I tend to build a relationship with everyone I speak with. It makes my job a lot easier.
Pros
Multiple lunches and breaks
Cons
No healthcare
Depends on how you look at it.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJuly 13, 2016
A typical day at work was not just your average work environment. Majority of the time supervisors were arguing and having verbal altercations with their team. I can only speak from my experiences. As far as how to handle yourself as a professional that is common sense. The knowledge about the job details as for as medicare/medicaid was very helpful.
Pros
I made a lot of great associates, friends, experiences, how to meet quota, and provide knowledgeable information about the products
Cons
Very urban, low wages, not enough communications, clickish, and dangerous.
Internal Support Group Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 6, 2016
Typical day at work is taking the calls as they come.
I learned to be patient with consumers on the line.
Management is great they help you when you need assistance, if something is wrong they will do whatever it takes help you.
Co-workers are great, they have the same mindset as you. People don't really bother you. People are there to work.
The most enjoyable part of the job is to help people get the insurance coverage they want. Helping other is awesome, it makes me feel great.
Great Company
M1A1ED Tank Mechanic (FST) (Former Employee) –  Custer HillJuly 6, 2016
I really enjoyed working for them, I learned a lot more than what I knew before. a lot more. Management extensively knowledgeable on more than what I could learn in a life time. Great work place, environment, keeping tight deadlines always keeps you going. I like to work under a little pressure, its keeps me focused, but that's just me. Hardest part of the job, well having never worked on the main gun as much when I was in the military then I did when I was working for General Dynamics loved it. I'm always willing to try something new, to learn more than what I do now.
Run! Away!
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJuly 7, 2016
Worked for this company for several years, no job security worked two years got laid off the twice, terrible trainers(CFPB/BCRC Las cruces) , bad management, low pay(based on the local similar jobs. only upside good benefits.

high security environment, no cell.phones allowed, deep background investigation(credit checks) many better places to work.

bad moral, and really terrible experience overall.
benefits
Cons
trainers(cfpb/bcrc) rude people, supervisors useless, no job securit, low pay.
Provide Professional Telephone Customer Service To Customers Answering Incoming And Outgoing Calls From Customers Assit Them With Inquires Or Recommen
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLJuly 5, 2016
Great environment great work place loving and relaxing . Professional telephone service
Awesome manager helpful
We had hard days on the last day of open enrollment and signing people up for obama care .
We had great incentives that help us love the job and work harder to get to the goals.
If you are a lone wolf, this is your best bet
Sr. Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Ft. Bragg, NCJuly 11, 2016
GDIT is just as good as all the other top tier defense contractors. Benefit package was great until Obamacare ruined it for everyone. Compensation is on the higher side compared to other like companies. Work environment is decent, but as always, there is at least one person who tries to ruin it for everyone else, so that makes it typical. Hours are good, leadership is very hands-off, which is both good and bad depending on the situation. career advancement is great for new and intermediate professionals and becomes much more competitive as you go up. Over all, it's a good company to work for with great pay, but terrible benefits and also is lacking in the time-off department.
Pros
great pay
benefits
Very Productive
Senior Analyst Functional (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 13, 2016
There’s no down time it’s always a busy day so the day will go by very quickly; the work environment is good and the facilities offer cafeteria, star bucks food services and a Gym. The hardest part of the job is its never enough hours in a day to get the job done the good thing about sitting on site, if you have a problem/question about a project assignment the person that can assist may be in the next cubicle or down the hallway preventing a delay in completing your assignment.
Pros
Excellent on site co-workers and flex working hours
Cons
No positive employee recognition only negative
Fast paced and repetitious work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJune 13, 2016
Typical work day consisted of being on the phone 90% of the time. Ability to sit long periods of time while being able to find information quickly. Management was somewhat unstructured and co-workers had nonchalant attitudes about the job task. Hardest part of the job was being able to locate information material quickly as well as meet quality control standards. Most enjoyable part of the job were the benefits associated with meeting bonus requirements.
Pros
Set hours
Cons
Unorganized management
Good for college students to earn an above average income compared to minimum wage
Associate Specialist CSR (Current Employee) –  Riverview, FLJune 13, 2016
Marketplace customer service for healthcare plans, 1095 forms, and appeals. 24 hours inbound call center with opportunity to grow in different areas of marketplace, medicare, supervisor, and escalations. Good place for young individuals coming out of high school and are in College. For more experienced individuals it would be good for upper management.
Pros
Good environment with a diverse group of people.
Cons
No raises.
my K-9 ,( best friend)/ interesting environment
K-9 officer / security guard (Former Employee) –  Groton, CTJune 24, 2016
First 7 years worked as a carpenter on nuclear submarines, building staging and platforms,for other trades to work from, installed insulation and sound dampening materials on ships hull, assisted in launching the ships for the Navy , it was physically unhealthy working inside with all the fumes and ship building chemicals , I knew the importance of the ship for the navy , and USA, Last 3 years i transferred to the security division and was able to use my K-9 training at the highest level of security clearance guarding the shipyard and reactors from intruders and/or terrorist , hardest part was cold outdoor climate for k-9, best part I loved working with my k-9 partner everyday
Pros
I owned k-9
Cons
unhealthy air
Enthusiastic Project Manager/Logistics Analyst with exceptional communications skills and experience in the private and public sectors. Most recently
Senior Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 2, 2016
A very good place to work
Learned how material actually move through the system
Great management
Excellent co-workers
Researching material orders from the previous material provider that hadn't been closed out
Taking on all challenging requests to resolve out issues.
Pros
Good benefits
Good Place to Work
Engineering Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIJune 22, 2016
The work is challenging and interesting, and the people are friendly and helpful. There are opportunities for job rotations and job changes within the company. There are some organizational problems, but I see them as opportunities for improvement. The expectations for overtime are minimal, and the 9-80 work schedule is a big benefit, having a 3 day weekend every other week. Overall, this is a good place to work.
Team work, ready for business and fun enviroment.
Heavy Equipment Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXMay 31, 2016
Had to be a team work environment to keep production going in an organized manner. All personal from management to co-workers had to take care of individual responsibilities as well as the well being of others due to the heavy machinery that was used daily. Best part of the job was getting things done right, clean and organized, always ready for the next level.
Pros
Benefits, Hours, and all well round work ethic
Good Work Environment
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Corbin, KYJune 29, 2016
Call center work taking inbound calls, you must adhere to your schedule, get good call scores and be productive to get a good scorecard. The scorecard is used to help determine your shift.
Management is helpful and approachable The hardest part of the job is trying to help irate customers. The most enjoyable part of this job are the co-workers.
Pros
Good benefits and pay
Cons
It tends to be repetative
Excellent company to work for but I am looking for stability
Senior Logistics Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VAMay 27, 2016
I loved working for the company, but the position I held does not have room for growth. Coming out of the military there was always room for growth and progression, and that is something I was use to.
A typical day for me would be tracking my inventory list making sure there are no shortages, tracking any equipment that left the day prior after my shift, receive and document newly inbound equipment, and ship out what needs to go out to vendors. There is really nothing hard about my job so I cant answer that. What I love about my supervisor he allows us to work without constant supervision and if there is question I always feel comfortable.
Productive and organized
CSR (Current Employee) –  Bellmead, TXJuly 3, 2016
A typical day is when my computer go down or I can not get in before my shift starts. I learned how to sell insurance for the government. The management is sweet and the co-workers are so nice and sweet as well. The hardest thing about this job is finding the scripts you needs to assist. The enjoyable thing is talking to the customer on the phones and helping them enroll into coverage or assisting them with their accounts.
LOVE this job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 23, 2016
I moved states and the state I moved to did not have a GDIT and that's the only reason I don't still work here. I love this place. Starts you off with a great pay, my manager and training managers were amazing. Benefits were amazing and hours were the best. When it got busy you could work up to or over 70 hours a week and get 30 hours of time and a half. They have so many great benefits here. The only "hard" part of the job was not getting frustrated at frustrating customers. But that's how all customer service jobs are so this one at least pays you well to stay calm.
Pros
Pay, Environment, Management, Coworkers
Cons
Locations only in a few states.

General Dynamics Information Technology Reviews by Location