General Dynamics Information Technology

General Dynamics Information Technology Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,218 reviews matching the search
good pay,decent working conditions
Plate Mechanic - Plate Shop Burner (Former Employee) –  Kingstown, MDJuly 28, 2016
no thank you,id rather not talk about my previous employers,all places are different.some places are more complex atmosphere's than other's its all about earning a decent living
Remote Contractor
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Coronado, CAJuly 28, 2016
Decent pay.
Management lacking in engagement and interest in working with subordinates.
No clear path within company.
Okay to work at but low on salary
Network Infrastructure Manager (Current Employee) –  Homestead ARB, FLJuly 27, 2016
Decent work relationships with co-workers and management. Problems with compensation of travel expenses that became an issue. Good online educational program.
We were bought out
Functional Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Fort Gordon, GAJuly 27, 2016
I had work for more the six year for Anteon Corporation, when General Dynamics bought out our company. General Dynamics required us to submit our resumes and reapply for our positions, so we lost all of our seniority with our old company and had to start like brand new employees with General Dynamics. With in a few years we were transferred again to a company call VATC. So do to the short employment time frame with General Dynamics I really don't know what kind of employer they are.

We were on the cutting edge of Battle Field Communication Technology. We received the latest software updates to keep our equipment and training realistic as possible.

As far as the people and the job we were doing none of that change, We provided a Radio network for that the new soldiers to interface with and train on. All of the people we worked with were great, we all worked as a team. It really made training soldiers to operate in a tactical environment easy.

The Hardest part of the job was trying to get support from another division within General Dynamics that work on the same facility as we did.

The Best part of the job was the interactions with the students we were training.
Pros
Big Company lots of contracts and work.
Cons
Big Company, did not know there employees
Constantly traveling
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZJuly 26, 2016
As a field technician, they constantly travel. This specific role is not a "desk job", and will have you earning your pay check by traveling from site to site conducting installs.
Pros
Travel, healthcare
Cons
Away from family (if any)
If you're looking for anything
Medicare/ Marketplace Call Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chester, VA 23836July 25, 2016
you basically have to stay to yourself working there. The pay was decent however the work environment was unprofessional.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
Unprofessinal staff
loved this job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTJuly 25, 2016
This was the best job I have worked. Job is easy and relaxed. The pay is decent. The management team and trainers do a wonderful job communicating, and giving out data.
Great
Network Engineer I (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJuly 24, 2016
Great working at location. No huge commute. Exciting regarding researching new things and implementing it. People over there were wonderful to work with!
It's ok
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chester, VAJuly 22, 2016
The job is really easy and will be ok if they pay you for the job you do. I feel that the little amount of money you make for a government contracted job is crazy.
Never a dull moment
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 21, 2016
The pace of work is steady and the co-workers are nice to be around. Management is nice and they also have a state of the art gym available to the employees.
Good Company
Call Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Coralville, IAJuly 21, 2016
Inbound and outbound calling, customer service and information provided on a number of contracts such as medicare, student loans and credit counseling.
Cons
High turnover of employees
Unenjoyable workplace
Technician (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJuly 21, 2016
I have learned how to work with different pieces of gear and test equipment. The management is great though and will work with your work schedule. Co-workers are the moodiest and lazy group I personally have ever worked with. While I am usually at my bench working they are surfing the internet or playing on facebook. The hardest part of my job is using outdated information (schematics, if there are any) or not having any information of the gear to assist in troubleshooting and repair.. Most enjoyable is the management personal that I have to answer to.
Pros
understanding of situations that occur with children
Cons
no room for growth
Love my job
Project Lead (Current Employee) –  Chester, VAJuly 20, 2016
The people I work with along with the projects I manage make me want to come to work each and every day. I would recommend this company.
Productive environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bogalusa, LAJuly 20, 2016
I loved working with GDIT other than the lack of stability for long term growth. The employees never knew month to month when the Bogalusa, La location was going to be closed down.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
always considered a "temporary position"
always changin work enviroment
Internal Support Group Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Lynn Haven, FLJuly 20, 2016
From working for GDIT I learned to to be the best Customer Service Representative I can be. I met some of my best friends while working there. Hardest part of the job was telling the consumer a negative out come. My managers and supervisors were really helpful in assisting progression in the company.
Pros
payed holidays, 2 weeks vacation after one year
caring environment but busy
Customer Service Representatives (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSJuly 20, 2016
Busy environment and good work place to help people in need of Health insurance both private and Medicare. Great training and room for advancement if you want it. Feels good to answer and help people with their problems daily.
Pros
great co-workers who help each other
Cons
busy phones back to back calls 70% of the time during the day
Great Job
Medicare Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 20, 2016
If you want to sit on your bum all day.
The culture here is very professional and moving up in every possible way.

Great benefits, but terrible side effects... not much exercise required, can develop migraines from looking at computer screen too much and or hearing the consumers complaints all day long.
Call center, great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJuly 19, 2016
Go place of employment, call center great customer service, provide the customers with scripts and providing answers to their question.
communication from all geography
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Coralville, IAJuly 19, 2016
I enjoyed working with and helping all people from all areas of the world. It is nice to hear someone tell you thanks for helping them. I enjoyed it, I am a people person and I am very good at customer service and talking to people.
Pros
Kudos
Cons
it was hard to tell someone when I could not help them
Great place to work. Challenging and very rewarding
Source Inspector (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 18, 2016
Electric Boat is a great place to work and fine tune your skills. Management has a hands off approach and trusts their employees with their work load.

General Dynamics Information Technology Reviews by Location