General Dynamics Information Technology

General Dynamics Information Technology Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,259 reviews matching the search
Good but not a perfect job.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, KYAugust 23, 2016
As with any corporation there are communication barriers between entry level workers and management. My only complaint is that the standard CSR's are held to is quite astringent, i.e.: any quality score below 90/100 is unacceptable and more than two calls below this threshold within 30 days results in disciplinary action as opposed to furthering the training knowledge of the offending CSR. The process means well, but leaves far too little room for improvement while information, resources, and procedures continue being updated.
Pros
Plentiful ATO, bonuses for extra hours during peak season
Cons
Poor communication skills among certain groups in a specific site.
Nice work site, multicultural environment.
Principal Bilingual Editor (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MdAugust 22, 2016
My 5 and plus years working at GDIT was an enriching experience. By providing employees with lots of training, a straightforward management style, and flexible schedules GDIT productivity is high and employees are satisfied with their jobs. Too bad my team employment depended upon a 5 years contract with the government. Our employment ended with the contract.
Pros
Multicultural environment, nice salaries, access to to tghe tools needed to perform job
Cons
No severance package
Productive work environment
USCIS Service Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COAugust 21, 2016
Service Desk and NOC located at the site helped to keep the teams working together. Great team of people worked there during the time I was there.
Stong listening skills, excellent Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 21, 2016
Not enough money for the work, lack of upgrade training. Having temporary employees taking most of the work. Most of the co-workers are seeking other employment.
Pros
Easy hours
Cons
low pay
Job Security Dependent on Government Funding
Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 21, 2016
Huge amount of technical depth at GD - Scottsdale. Engineers have opportunities for lead roles. Good amount of funding provided for R&D projects. Funding is dependent on government contracts, and when there are few, there are layoffs! Management team is good old boy network.
Great Exprience
Lead Instructor (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDAugust 19, 2016
This company is great for a challenging career I worked with a diverse group of adults and children. The only thing frustrating is there is no full time permanent positions available. Without FT positions, that means there are no health benefits.
Just a Job
Customer Service/Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSAugust 19, 2016
The call center portion of GDIT was brutal, it was like a farm for customer service representatives. There is nothing fun about the job and it has almost no room to grow. They pay a living wage that is basically the minimum to live on in the area, which says the company really doesn't care about their employees standard of living.
Excellent Integration Process and Engineering Group
Senior System Safety Engineer (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIAugust 19, 2016
Opportunities to work different programs and projects. Teams work great together to accomplish customer requirements and achieve high customer satisfaction. Great to work with co-workers and section manager.
Pros
Location to great outdoor life and community support systems
Cons
Competing government contracting companies nearby
Company is very diverse.
Senior Business Associate (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAAugust 19, 2016
Great company to work for and I like the diversity in jobs throughout the DMV. They a great culture and dynamic people on their staff. Looking forward to future employment opportunities.
Information systems company that helps the average consumer to see if they are eligible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winchester, KYAugust 18, 2016
General Dynamics provides systems integration and data networking services that aid consumers in their search for qualified healthcare.
Pros
employer paid health benefits, lots of vacation time
Cons
Stress from unpleasant consumers
customer service representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLAugust 18, 2016
Great start off pay here. Awesome beneifts, including free medical. Not very flexible with getting vacation or having days off. They only allow 2 weeks out of the year and that includes sick pay.
Not a good place work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, KYAugust 17, 2016
The people were ok to work with. the thing I did not like about the place was the stress it cause on a daily basis. although helping people was good, the co workers were like high schoolers, very immature
Pros
always calls to keep busy
Cons
high school/grade school behavior
Great benefits, good pay, poor management
Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEAugust 16, 2016
Pretty good job. Pretty bad communication between management on different shifts and pretty bad disciplinary action for people who didn't do their job. This lead to jobs not being done and jobs being left for other shifts to add on to their workload, this happened to all shifts and all shifts did this. The work also can be very slow at times leading to a lot of people standing around.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Slowdown in work some times
Hated it!!!
Functional Analyst (Former Employee) –  Scott AFB, ILAugust 16, 2016
Hated it!! Worst working environment ever. As a Function Analyst, I felt like a the cow or pig of the office...I had to often move my desk and find a place to work because the developers had priority over the work stations in the office.
Pros
Boss bought pizza sometimes..when he knew we'd be working over 12 hours
Cons
too many
Learning experience
Senior Casework Specialist for Medicare (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 16, 2016
I learned great customer service. I enjoy feeling like I helped above and beyond. The job is stressful at times, but also enjoyable because the great team.
Pros
Great team work
Cons
Not enough raises
Friendly environment
Marketplace Rep (Former Employee) –  Coralville, IAAugust 15, 2016
a Fun day at work
I learned that work doesn't always have to be boring
Management was very good
Co-workers were always nice, and happy
Hardest part of the job was to deal with other insurance companies
The most enjoyable part of the job was having snacks at the computer desk
Pros
Different Restuarants visit the Job in the cafeteria
Cons
All the food is super expensive
Learned so much that has to do with Medicare
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 15, 2016
I enjoyed helping customers with their daily questions, made them feel very comfortable when they would talk to me. The supervisors would always be there to help me with any further questions i had with my beneficiaries.
BAE Systems
Team Leader/Senior Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAAugust 15, 2016
The contract was successful in developing, installing and supporting many IT systems and applications. Descent pay, good benefits, and a good working environment.
12 Hrs shifts 6 days a week in a deployed environment, no time for fun or relaxation
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  BagrāmAugust 14, 2016
General dynamics is a great employer for deployed jobs. Great benefits. Jobs stateside is very limited upon returning stateside. I was unable to transfer; therefore, I was witout a job for 10 months after being deployed overseas for 10 years.
Great Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSAugust 13, 2016
General Dynamics was a great place to work. The benefits were very good as well. The staff was very friendly during training. The last time i was in training it was a little unorganized, but other than that everything was good.
Pros
2 15 min breaks and a 30
Cons
n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at General Dynamics Information Technology. Our community is ready to answer.

General Dynamics Information Technology Reviews by Location