General Dynamics Information Technology

General Dynamics Information Technology Employee Reviews

Found 3,800 reviews matching the search
Quite enjoyable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winchester, KYApril 28, 2017
This was a position that I had never performed in my work experience. It was a call center, which I didn't know if I would actually like it or not, however, I didn't enjoy the actual culture of this workplace because to me it wasn't about how well you did the job that you were hired to do, which was take calls and assist the many people around the country seeking healthcare through the Affordable Care Act, it was more like you really were pretty invisible unless you brown-nosed with the managers and supervisors. However, it gave me great pleasure to help people to the best of my ability and to make sure that they were satisfied with the Insurance that they ended up with.
Pros
On-the-job training, Healthcare
Cons
Answering the phones at the same time as this training
Good start for health coverage
Phone supervisor (Current Employee) –  Riverview, FLApril 28, 2017
Great company and also great people, have to have a strong mindset for the job. Team meetings, open door policy about any concerns or problems you may have there is always someone there to listen.
Pros
Off phone time
Cons
Break issues
Old-fashioned Management
Information Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  RemoteApril 28, 2017
Despite lots of smart, talented people, antiquated management practices hinder much progress. I am not doing the job I was hired to do. Due to extreme turnover, subject matter experts are hard to come by.
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
You are a cog in the wheel, and that's it.
bad
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAApril 28, 2017
bad benefits. terrible management. even worse HR. They have a major turn over rate. They pay minimum wages for maximum amount or work. Also, their hiring process is very long and drawn out.
A very big company
FINANCE SPECIALIST I (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAApril 28, 2017
Workplace culture is casual
A typical day at work is working about 8 hours and some overtime
Management is very good
The hardest part of the job is routine works
The most enjoyable part of the job is you get to get out to lunch with your coworker
Pros
Very close to home
Cons
nothing that I know of
Loved the job
Senior Warehouse / Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  CharlotteApril 27, 2017
Senior warehouse clerk
got raises yearly
401k company match plan
enjoyed going to work daily
work well with other departments
management work with emplyees
Pros
Enjoyed thework
Cons
Work got slow and they had layoffs
Productive and fun place to work
TRANSLATION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDApril 27, 2017
Had a great experience here at General Dynamics Information Technology. Great co-workers and excellent management team. Left for family relocation reason.
The hardest part of the job.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSApril 27, 2017
The work place is good for someone with customer service experience. The job is not hard just talking to different people with different attitude which is the stressful part of the job. Now my job is I am a quality specialist which means I grade the calls now. Which is much more relaxing.
Pros
I love the free health insurance.
Cons
The employee that is not professional.
Pays well if you are in Management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXApril 27, 2017
Company started off great from the start, turned out to be a money scam from the government when the ACA was created. To bad, it could have turned out to be something great. Part of the reason the ACA is so messed up is because of the management and HR folks that do not enforce policies unless it suits them. Sad times.
very strict
Affordable Care Act Representative (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTApril 26, 2017
It is a good environment to work with for people who like answering the phone and understand health insurance. They are very strict with their privacy policy due to all the personal information handled. The training is good but not the best. You are thrown on the phones even if you are not completely ready or confident
Pros
quiet, relaxed
Cons
very strict
grat palce to work and grow
senior painter (Former Employee) –  Ladson, SCApril 26, 2017
GD force protection was a great place to work and learn if you never had a job before ,, our trainers was one of the best I have ever had and if the didn't close , I would still be there
Pros
great to work for
Cons
close the doors
Good
Supervisor, Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSApril 26, 2017
General Dynamics is a well paying job that is very structured and a good company to work for. They have good benefits. The hardest part is working the overnight shift and having a family. I have learned so much about insurance and customer service.
Was great company, I can't find anything wrong. The company took of all employees always.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLApril 26, 2017
There was step up in positions (i.e. my position began as data technician,then receptionist) if employees were able to fill position to up great contract was . All the company employees were as like a family. I was sad when my contract was out bet with a new military contract. My 13 years were one of the best company I worked with and enjoyed.
Pros
The company cared their employees and working with all companies we were under contracts.
Cons
None I can thing except my contact was lost to a bidding.
Productive workplace with direct and indirect customer contact
Frontline Technician (Former Employee) –  Maxwell AFB Gunter Annex, ALApril 25, 2017
I worked as a contractor for General Dynamics and was contracted to the AF. I assisted the AF in supporting their customer base in the field.
This was almost like working at my favorite hobby. I thoroughly enjoyed working with my customer, the AF, and with the AF's customer, those in the field.
Pros
Lunch breaks and other times away from the job were very flexable
Cons
Very frequent turn-over of AF personnel
stable workplace with steady job requirements
cutomer service representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 25, 2017
a typical day at work would be signing into the phone and taking call all day with a 30 min lunch and two 15 min breaks its a pretty stable job thats not hard to do
very nice company to work for
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLApril 25, 2017
I liked working pm hours I was very comfortable with my managers
when I first started I didn't know anything about customer service and healthcare insurance. the hardest part is trying your best in dealing with the difficult consumer. the first thing you must do when the call comes you listen and ask probing questions so that you will know how to address an issue and calm the consumer down at the end the consumer will be happy that the issue has been resolved and the consumer is satisfied.
It was an OK company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTApril 25, 2017
Working here was a little stressful. The training was a bit unprofessional and unorganized. After training was even worse because I had no clue who my supervisor was and when I finally found out they had no clue what they were doing. NONE of the systems that we were poorly trained on worked properly. Overall all it was "ok" I guess because my checks were pretty cool.
Pros
Pay was ok.
Cons
Everything in my review
a typical day at work
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 24, 2017
its a good place to work and they are always hiring so if you cant find a job and are looking for one as soon as possible, I recommend to apply here. Work flow is great, there will always be an amazing work flow.
Health insurance
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSApril 24, 2017
Overall was great enjoyed working with you guys. I learned a lot you can actually grow in the company fast. I would recommend this job to others who need it
Job is cool. Management sucks
Assembler Associate (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 24, 2017
The 3 months I was there I notice.... They treat there contractor like garage and thier manufacting manager is a worthless . They don't know how to manage their work load. So their are constantly hiring and firing contractor.
Pros
Fair easy work, most of the associate fair and understanding
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at General Dynamics Information Technology. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval