General Dynamics Information Technology Employee Reviews

Found 4,374 reviews matching the search
Hard working employees trying to do their best to make the company successful.
Senior Program Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTSeptember 21, 2017
GD's employees are hard working and dedicated to their jobs. The employees are professional and treat one another with respect. I enjoyed the people I worked with and still keep in contact with some of them. There is opportunity for advancement and always felt challenged in the jobs I held. They have great benefits.
Pros
Great Benefits.
Cons
Contract deadlines can make it stressful at times.
Fun and relaxed environment
Associate System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCSeptember 21, 2017
A great group of people with a relaxed work environment. You don't have to worry about being stressed all the time sometimes things get interesting when a problem occurs.
Old school leadership mentality
Program Planner (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 20, 2017
Unhealthy practices and work environment. Profanity is the norm and leadership are absent. Bias and favoritism are constant. Nepotism and group association are predominant with the organization. Contractors are treated as second-class citizens.
Pros
Large corporation
Cons
Advancement and pay
Great company to work for.
Training Delivery Lead (Current Employee) –  Bogalusa, LASeptember 20, 2017
I don't know what Indeed wants me to say in this category. I like the company I work for, it's great and I have no complaints and no intention of leaving.
Pros
Great benefits, paid time off, short commute
Cons
peek season requires lots of working hours away from home.
Great Company
Cyber Security Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pittsfield, MASeptember 20, 2017
It's a great company to work for! Enjoy the work, It feels like you are really doing something that matters. They go out of their way for the community
Easy to get hired
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSSeptember 20, 2017
When you need a job, most people will be hired by GDIT. It is a stressful, fast paced environment. Salary remains the same even with additional training.
Stryker Field Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSSeptember 20, 2017
Rewarding and interesting, I'm able to work independently, with little or no stress, I enjoy working and teaching U.S. Army soldiers which is satisfying and morally rewarding.
Pros
Work Indepenently
Cons
Slow progression
Pipe Fitting
PIPE FITTER (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VASeptember 19, 2017
I was not satisfied with company due to the fact that I was sent out for traveling jobs out of state with non acceptable pay and long working hours. The management did not appreciate the efforts done and ignored struggles of the daily job.
Interesting
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSSeptember 19, 2017
Busy call center with benefits. Hours are great. Pay is fair. Long hours. Management was strict something's too strict. Never enough breaks for restroom runs and penalties for emergencies big or small.
Pros
Good pay. Good hours.
Cons
Temporary job. Too strict. Penalty for everything even emergencies. Management is too strict.
Did not like workling here at all.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 19, 2017
Management is difficult to communicate with. Seems like everyone is out for themselves and don't really care about the employees. The environment is not a good one.
Job Relations
Executive Assistant / Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCSeptember 19, 2017
This was a great short term contract job. Enjoyed the staff very caring and helpful. this was a temporary job. I loved the staff and management. My boss was great.
Union based
Marine Electrician (Former Employee) –  Bath, MESeptember 19, 2017
Company is very union based. It makes unions look bad. I was hired as part of a large hiring spree. Most people believed it was for the union contract votes. Most people hired had little to no skill in their hired field. Made the environment pretty negative.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Bad culture
Great
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, VASeptember 18, 2017
great work environment fast pace uild great relationship with beneficiary's hardest par of job will shift difference great day awesome day at work keep moving fast pace stay postive
Easy going
Logistician (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 18, 2017
It was nice because we had a lot of freedom to get the job in a way that best suited us as individuals and kept our roles simple and steady so we didn't teeter away from the task at hand.
Cga
Assistant Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  New London, CTSeptember 18, 2017
Working as contract at US Coast Guard Academy was a learning experience. Recently out of a one year technology school had on the job training in creating AD accounts on two networks. .edu and .mil Backup and restores, imaging laptops for all 1100 cadets each year. Beautiful campus and a wonderful place to work. Only left due to moving my children to Maine.
Pros
educational, beautiful campus
NPIC Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 18, 2017
Well balanced and well staffed. Precise and continuous training to stay updated on processes and procedures. Management is engaging and helpful. Co-workers are a team unit willing to step in for assistance at anytime.
Excellent company
Senior Logistics Analyst (GDIT USBICES) (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HI 96818September 17, 2017
Excellent work environment, challenging and rewarding. great management and workforce. I would recommend General Dynamics as the best place to work. it was an easy transition for me to go from active duty military to a professional GDIT work culture
Good Place to work with no career opportunity
Strategic Financial Consolidation Manager (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MISeptember 17, 2017
Good place however over the 10 years as a manager there was no opportunity to advance for myself or my peers and many leadership positions were consolidated to save money.
Pros
Nice and friendly employees
Cons
Advancement
Contract Engineer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 16, 2017
This location has not many advantages other than a constant flow of complaints from the mid-level management. It does have a nice facility but when it gets subtracted out there is not much left to offer an individual.
Pros
Does include some future strength for possible talent in years to come.
Cons
Negative reinforcement of activities to gain an upper hand on talent.
decent place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Chester, VASeptember 16, 2017
If you enjoy working in the call center environment this is a great place to work. it is slow past, but you do get paid decent. I recommend this job for individual that want a sit down job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at General Dynamics Information Technology. Our community is ready to answer.

General Dynamics Information Technology Reviews by Location