General Dynamics Information Technology Employee Reviews

Found 3,896 reviews matching the search
Everyone has a different prospective
Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 21, 2017
Like I said in the review summary, everyone has a different prospective. I loved the job, but struggled to appreciate the management styles of our leaders. Management styles contributed to lowered moral.
Pros
Paycheck
Very Hands on job
Field Service Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXMay 20, 2017
Although I am not a permanent General Dynamics employee I have learned a great deal about working on the vehicles. THe work atmosphere is enjoyable and the teamwork is excellent.
General Dynamics is a great company to work for depending on the contract.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chester, VAMay 20, 2017
General Dynamics is a great company to work for depending on the contract. The Call center environment is to lax and there isn't any consistency within the center as far as policies. However, the pay is a good start for those that are in school or those who have not attended college but need work experience.
Best contracting company I'd worked for
System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Lee, VAMay 19, 2017
The team GDIT and hr staffing are awesome. They take really good care of their employees. Intelligent co-workers as well. Awesome growth opportunities.
Not the best environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSMay 19, 2017
I worked there for over a year, and if you add the two times together, it was about 2. The training is insufficient for the job itself, the rules are not regulated among supervisors, and too much emphasis is put on how long you're on a call instead of resolving any issues. They tell you there is advancement opportunities, like they are special, but you can work there forever and never move. You still have to have the highest education and experience in order to move up. You barely see most of the managers. Favorite runs deep in this company.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Too tight of schedules, no wiggle room
Ok company
Internal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTMay 19, 2017
They needs to pay more and do some remodeling the place is dirty also they need to get better supircirsers that's abs better trainers that's understand
Pros
Benefits are great
Cons
The pay
Decent pay but not a job for everyone
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Corbin, KYMay 18, 2017
Call center environment with a lot of sitting and being confined to a cubicle. Decent pay and insurance and benefits are offered. Not very easy to be guaranteed a full time position.
Busy days before and after open enrollment.
Sr. Specialist ARC Casework Tier 3 (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 18, 2017
A typical day begins once you login to your work station. I view both calendars, trackers and email to see what work needs to be completed from the day before or what new work was assigned for the day. Once all work is complete I ask if any of my peers need assistance completing their work. I have learned a lot about healthcare and what it means to people that cant get it who really need it. I really like my manager but the hardest part of the job is getting a case to work and just not having the right tools to assist the consumer because we have to brainstorm and think of ways to try and resolve the issue. The most enjoyable part of the job is actually being able to assist a consumer with correcting their issue after its been messed up and hearing the consumer thank me for my help. I feel like I have accomplish my goal when the consumers are appreciative with the help I have provided.
Pros
Great manager, easy to move up, great starting pay.
Cons
No yearly raises, No pension after retirement, No cell phones or paper on the producation floor.
Gdit
Client Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 18, 2017
Excellent company to work for. Great work environment. Benefits are good. Cross training is encouraged. Very relaxed company so long as you do your job.
Challenging
CALL CENTER REP (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 18, 2017
I learn by being challenged...I live by "do unto others," therefore, I always place myself in the shoes of the client in order to resolve any issues to their and my employers satisfaction.
Call center. Fast paced during open enrollment. Afterwards, slow and boring.
Cutomer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sandy, UTMay 17, 2017
Back to back calls during busy season. Slow and boring during the rest of the time. Strict adherence and short lunch breaks. You don't get paid if you take time out to go to the bathroom. Not flexible. Not enough paid time off.
Pros
Free health insurance
Cons
Short breaks. Strict adherance. Boring.
Great Company, Great People
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fairfax County, VAMay 17, 2017
This company is wonderful and has an encouraging and fun culture. Management strives to get lower-tiered employees involved with larger projects and exposure to upper management.
Overall It was a positive experience
Senior Business Administrator (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAMay 17, 2017
Obtain a position at company where I can maximize my customer service skills, quality assurance, and administrative experience. Seeking to leverage a strong professional work-ethic and sense of team oriented service in an office atmosphere of the daily challenge of my work environment
Inbound
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTMay 17, 2017
Affordable Care Act .Answering questions on benefits, enrollment, coverage information. Processing applications, updating personal private information
Pros
helping people
Cons
help didnt help
Very productive and fast paced.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 17, 2017
I really enjoyed working at General dynamics. It was an amazing place to gain experience for the career i plan to go into. The work environment was awesome and the people there were also amazing to work with
fast paced
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Anniston, ALMay 17, 2017
long work hrs ,and lots of work only downtime was to wait for parts. But other work could be found to do . got a chance to work on many different types of tanks and army armor.
Gd ais
Supervisor Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMay 17, 2017
The work is very rewarding, it is a fast pace environment. The team work well together. There are a lot of rewards. The hardest part of the job is working shifts.
Pros
Benefit Package
Cons
Shiftwork
Decent company to work for over all
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 16, 2017
The management for general dynamics isn't to bad. The diversity in the company always keeps the work environment fun and exciting. The employees are wonderful and do everything they can to support their team members and try to avoid having any conflicts.
Call Center
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Corbin, KYMay 16, 2017
I worked the call center for GD. If you like working a call center then I do recommend this job. If is very fast paced and the co workers are friendly
Work Environment
System Administrator Senior (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZMay 16, 2017
Very productive and friendly work environment. Always provided the equipment required to take care of the tasks at hand. Involved management team with employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at General Dynamics Information Technology. Our community is ready to answer.

General Dynamics Information Technology Reviews by Location