General Dynamics Information Technology

General Dynamics Information Technology Employee Reviews

Found 3,791 reviews matching the search
very strict
Affordable Care Act Representative (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTApril 26, 2017
It is a good environment to work with for people who like answering the phone and understand health insurance. They are very strict with their privacy policy due to all the personal information handled. The training is good but not the best. You are thrown on the phones even if you are not completely ready or confident
Pros
quiet, relaxed
Cons
very strict
grat palce to work and grow
senior painter (Former Employee) –  Ladson, SCApril 26, 2017
GD force protection was a great place to work and learn if you never had a job before ,, our trainers was one of the best I have ever had and if the didn't close , I would still be there
Pros
great to work for
Cons
close the doors
Good
Supervisor, Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSApril 26, 2017
General Dynamics is a well paying job that is very structured and a good company to work for. They have good benefits. The hardest part is working the overnight shift and having a family. I have learned so much about insurance and customer service.
Was great company, I can't find anything wrong. The company took of all employees always.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLApril 26, 2017
There was step up in positions (i.e. my position began as data technician,then receptionist) if employees were able to fill position to up great contract was . All the company employees were as like a family. I was sad when my contract was out bet with a new military contract. My 13 years were one of the best company I worked with and enjoyed.
Pros
The company cared their employees and working with all companies we were under contracts.
Cons
None I can thing except my contact was lost to a bidding.
Productive workplace with direct and indirect customer contact
Frontline Technician (Former Employee) –  Maxwell AFB Gunter Annex, ALApril 25, 2017
I worked as a contractor for General Dynamics and was contracted to the AF. I assisted the AF in supporting their customer base in the field.
This was almost like working at my favorite hobby. I thoroughly enjoyed working with my customer, the AF, and with the AF's customer, those in the field.
Pros
Lunch breaks and other times away from the job were very flexable
Cons
Very frequent turn-over of AF personnel
stable workplace with steady job requirements
cutomer service representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 25, 2017
a typical day at work would be signing into the phone and taking call all day with a 30 min lunch and two 15 min breaks its a pretty stable job thats not hard to do
very nice company to work for
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLApril 25, 2017
I liked working pm hours I was very comfortable with my managers
when I first started I didn't know anything about customer service and healthcare insurance. the hardest part is trying your best in dealing with the difficult consumer. the first thing you must do when the call comes you listen and ask probing questions so that you will know how to address an issue and calm the consumer down at the end the consumer will be happy that the issue has been resolved and the consumer is satisfied.
It was an OK company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTApril 25, 2017
Working here was a little stressful. The training was a bit unprofessional and unorganized. After training was even worse because I had no clue who my supervisor was and when I finally found out they had no clue what they were doing. NONE of the systems that we were poorly trained on worked properly. Overall all it was "ok" I guess because my checks were pretty cool.
Pros
Pay was ok.
Cons
Everything in my review
a typical day at work
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 24, 2017
its a good place to work and they are always hiring so if you cant find a job and are looking for one as soon as possible, I recommend to apply here. Work flow is great, there will always be an amazing work flow.
Health insurance
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSApril 24, 2017
Overall was great enjoyed working with you guys. I learned a lot you can actually grow in the company fast. I would recommend this job to others who need it
Job is cool. Management sucks
Assembler Associate (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 24, 2017
The 3 months I was there I notice.... They treat there contractor like garage and thier manufacting manager is a worthless . They don't know how to manage their work load. So their are constantly hiring and firing contractor.
Pros
Fair easy work, most of the associate fair and understanding
Fast Pace Call Center
Contact Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 23, 2017
The are hundreds and hundreds of employees that work at this call center, manager is always trying to find ways to motivate and empower employees to take care of our callers.
Prductive
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Corbin, KYApril 23, 2017
They could have actually did more with training instead of just throwing you in after the 2nd day... explain things alot more and actually how to look everything up on point instead of just reading scripts... how to actually handle an angry consumer
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No good staffing
Okay job
New Equipment Instructor (Current Employee) –  Joint Base Lewis McChord, WAApril 23, 2017
Benefits are good but some down time with nothing to do. You long for getting on the road to do work. Travel is up to 50% at times during a year and overtime usually accompanies it.
Nice Place to work, but not necessarily a long term location
Principal Analyst, Systems (Current Employee) –  Home BasedApril 22, 2017
The Benefits package is nice. My co-workers are great to work with. However, if you are not on a long term contract, it may not be the best location to work
Very Productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, VAApril 22, 2017
i really enjoyed working here it was a great experience.it is really a fast past enviorment.the managers are very elpful and easy to get along with. i would love to go back
Pros
easy money to make
Cons
not enough breaks
somewhat productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLApril 21, 2017
A typical day at work could sometime be stressful and it also could also be great. The most enjoyable part about the job was being able to help those in dying need of affordable coverage be able to access good healthcare at a reasonable rate. The hardest part was not being able to help a sick, elderly, or even angry person with the affordable healthcare they needed.
Pros
good benefits
Great workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 21, 2017
This team is great! Very productive work days I love it here. The staff are also nice. The day go by pretty fast when helping your consumers solve their problems.
Excellent
Manager - Administratiion (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAApril 20, 2017
Worked at GD for 29 years before taking early retirement. I was always challenged and given free reign to learn new things. Management support was exceptional.
Pros
Freedom to be creative.
Cons
Large company, lots of red tape.
To do my best
Service Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAApril 20, 2017
Assisting customer and management, creating SOP's, training new team members. Set up VTC for customers and create accounts. Monitor the queue, answer phones update tickets in remedy,
Pros
Provide excellent customer service and always go an extra mile
Cons
To delegate more

Ask a question about working or interviewing at General Dynamics Information Technology. Our community is ready to answer.

General Dynamics Information Technology Reviews by Location