General Dynamics Information Technology Employee Reviews

Found 4,453 reviews matching the search
Great people to work with.
Sr. Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDOctober 6, 2017
Great people to work with.Though they follow a waterfall model, there is huge scope of working in several projects at the same time.Manager is very good in handling issues.
Working environment at General Dynamics relax
Sound Dampening Technician (Former Employee) –  Red Bank, SCOctober 5, 2017
We made tiles and installed them at General Dynamics in the electric boat. The skill I learned helped me to use it in my own home. I felt relaxed and not pressured while working at GD.
Pros
The pay and benefits was great
Cons
The working environment at times was challenging
Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 5, 2017
Great place to work. Good people, good culture. Focus on warfighter / users. Enjoyed the daily challenges of balance between resources, budgets, time.
You everyday run of the mill Defense Contracting Company
Senior Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VAOctober 5, 2017
Everything is what you expect out of a major Defense contracting Company. No surprises. Can be lost in a sea of employees. If you are looking for camaraderie you won't find much of it here.
kind people
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 4, 2017
nice job, with positive out going people. The location was far for me to travel too. I had a friendly kind supervisor. They provide you with great training. I got laid off due to the fact it was a temp job.
Pros
free lunchs
Cons
far to travel too for me
Purpose could be stronger other than win contracts and capture as much market as possible
Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 4, 2017
People deserved more in wages and responsibilities. Very tight win margins prevented any extra benefits to the employees even though they put hours over weekends to try to win every contract.
Pros
Nice facilities and great people to work with
Cons
No additional benefits
Work place environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAOctober 4, 2017
The position is a contract job. they can strict about bathroom breaks and that calls can be a little overpowering. For the work done, I would like more pay.
Pros
good schedule to work with paid holidays
Cons
Short breaks, Can't make up time even if only minutes late, Pay
Dgit
Customer Service rep (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 4, 2017
Dgit is good job to work at the managers are very helpful and understanding. they teach you the basics of a customer service job. the Hardest Part of the job is just keeping up with the volume of calls coming in.
Pros
Great Over All
productive work place
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSOctober 4, 2017
My experience at general dynamic was good i met a few nice people and its a laid back environment. There's a lot of employees in one building, so sometimes there are good days and then there are bad days. overall its a good job to have.
General Dynamics
Test Engineer Intern/Temp (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 4, 2017
A decent home life balance. Shifts alternate per week. 5 days one week 4 days another. Big place to work, and a lot of employees there. Benefit were good and pay was decent.
Fun environment good people
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Chester, VAOctober 4, 2017
Good place to work very relaxed. Great job for someone who wants to sit around and talk on the phone all day. I had an overall gray experance and will love to continue advancement with the company.
Great Place to work for
GENERAL MEDICAL INSURANCE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 3, 2017
Good place to gain call center fast pace experience. Awesome staff always motivated, great training team. parking is fair, location is great, there is room for growth as I was offered a supervisor position when I was only a call center rep at the time.
Pros
Break, Lunch rooms, Break areas, Pto
Cons
Parking, Pest control
Nice company
Telecommunication Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 3, 2017
It was a great company to work for and I enjoyed my team and co worker. It would be a great place to work if you're not under contract. Most contracts jobs last for only a few years thou.
Prodcutive workplace with various accesories
Call Representative (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXOctober 3, 2017
A typical day at General Dynamics was a very relaxed environment most of the time. I learned how to be patient and communicate with consumers if they were having a bad day, The hardest part of the job would have to be balancing out the calls. I enjoyed the environment that i worked in it really was never to muuch going on and it was peace most fo the time.
Contract
Manager, Help Desk/ NITTSS Site Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 3, 2017
This role is a contracted position, and now that I am married I need a role that is more permanent in nature. Contractor roles were fine when I was single but now that I have dependents I need something that is more dependable
My review
Senior virtualization engineer (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAOctober 3, 2017
The hardest part of the job was a lack of ingenuity and creativity in solving problems. Also, there was no push to do things better or use newer versions of software to improve service.
Great Place and People
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Fort Irwin, CAOctober 3, 2017
We work together as a team to accomplish the mission and complete all assigned task. Everyone is willing to help each other and teach each other so everyone is able to function as one complete unit.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Shift work
Benefits are great
Customer Service Rep II (Former Employee) –  Lynn Haven, FLOctober 2, 2017
Inbound call center with Government Contract. You can work as many hours as you like, and they offer many options for time off as needed. Upper management is only concerned about meeting Government obligations and could care less about the skill level of the personnel they hire. Turnover is high as expected from the job pool they pull from. The job is not hard, but can be stressful at times. The best part of the job is when you successfully meet the needs of the customer and they are satisfied and happy with the results. The worst part of the job is the constant changing of teams and team leaders and supervisors. Constant moves from one team to another every few months.
Pros
The job is not hard and the benefits are good
Cons
Sitting in a chair for 8 hours a day doing the same thing over and over
Great place to work.
QA Administrator / Documenter IV (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAOctober 2, 2017
Really enjoyed my time there. If I didn't have gotten laid off will still be working there. The people I worked with and for was extremely pleasant to work for especially my supervisor.
Stressfilled
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLOctober 2, 2017
Supervisors are no help and the one's that do help get into trouble for helping trainibg classes are set to pass everyone if you fail its because you dont want a job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at General Dynamics Information Technology. Our community is ready to answer.