General Dynamics Information Technology

General Dynamics Information Technology Employee Reviews

Found 3,305 reviews matching the search
Run! Away!
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJuly 7, 2016
Worked for this company for several years, no job security worked two years got laid off the twice, terrible trainers(CFPB/BCRC Las cruces) , bad management, low pay(based on the local similar jobs. only upside good benefits.

high security environment, no cell.phones allowed, deep background investigation(credit checks) many better places to work.

bad moral, and really terrible experience overall.
benefits
Cons
trainers(cfpb/bcrc) rude people, supervisors useless, no job securit, low pay.
Excellent Integration Process and Engineering Group
Senior System Safety Engineer (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIAugust 19, 2016
Opportunities to work different programs and projects. Teams work great together to accomplish customer requirements and achieve high customer satisfaction. Great to work with co-workers and section manager.
Pros
Location to great outdoor life and community support systems
Cons
Competing government contracting companies nearby
Work Enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Riverview, FL 33578July 6, 2016
A typical work day would consist of a handful of work to keep everyone busy. I like to stay busy that way it feels as if the day is going faster. I would like a management team to tell me how I am doing. In other words, constructive criticism. As for my co-workers, I like to work side by side with them. I like to stick together because after all, we are a team. The hardest part of a job for me has to be learning the material. Once that is out of the way, I can overcome any obstacle in my way. In contrast, my favorite part of the job would have to be putting a smile on a customer's face. I tend to build a relationship with everyone I speak with. It makes my job a lot easier.
Pros
Multiple lunches and breaks
Cons
No healthcare
Great Company
M1A1ED Tank Mechanic (FST) (Former Employee) –  Custer HillJuly 6, 2016
I really enjoyed working for them, I learned a lot more than what I knew before. a lot more. Management extensively knowledgeable on more than what I could learn in a life time. Great work place, environment, keeping tight deadlines always keeps you going. I like to work under a little pressure, its keeps me focused, but that's just me. Hardest part of the job, well having never worked on the main gun as much when I was in the military then I did when I was working for General Dynamics loved it. I'm always willing to try something new, to learn more than what I do now.
Provide Professional Telephone Customer Service To Customers Answering Incoming And Outgoing Calls From Customers Assit Them With Inquires Or Recommen
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLJuly 5, 2016
Great environment great work place loving and relaxing . Professional telephone service
Awesome manager helpful
We had hard days on the last day of open enrollment and signing people up for obama care .
We had great incentives that help us love the job and work harder to get to the goals.
A strong power on the waterfront
Quality Assurance/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 6, 2016
This company was a very powerful company on the waterfront. Working in this company gives individuals the opportunity to learn and grow in their field. the downside to this company is that it is a major corporation and looks out for the company as a hole and I feel that it has lost site of the value in each of its employees as individuals.
always changin work enviroment
Internal Support Group Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Lynn Haven, FLJuly 20, 2016
From working for GDIT I learned to to be the best Customer Service Representative I can be. I met some of my best friends while working there. Hardest part of the job was telling the consumer a negative out come. My managers and supervisors were really helpful in assisting progression in the company.
Pros
payed holidays, 2 weeks vacation after one year
Productive organization with highly advance technical support programs
Item Manager, Field Support Logistics (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VASeptember 8, 2016
Enjoyed the company's flexible work hours, the incentivized quarterly awards. The work environment was comfortable and friendly. Co-workers were well mannered and supportive. Team work was always available.
Pros
Quarterly incentivized Program Bonuses
Cons
Facility location close to interstate
Help consumers choose insurance plan
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXJuly 29, 2016
Very great job to work at , management is great and the are is well respected , the co workers are very hard working , I don't like that sometimes during the month of January the job is all over the place due to open enrollment where millions of consumers are signing up for new insurance or renewing insurance
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
No phones in the building
Productive and organized
CSR (Current Employee) –  Bellmead, TXJuly 3, 2016
A typical day is when my computer go down or I can not get in before my shift starts. I learned how to sell insurance for the government. The management is sweet and the co-workers are so nice and sweet as well. The hardest thing about this job is finding the scripts you needs to assist. The enjoyable thing is talking to the customer on the phones and helping them enroll into coverage or assisting them with their accounts.
Management Tries
Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Springboro, OHAugust 31, 2016
I like the people I work with and the management tries to be aware and involved with the floor. Unfortunately they are not as in touch with the floor as they could be which has resulted in many issues between managing workers, solving technical issues and morale. Still, it's not a bad place to work.
Pros
Emphasis on automation and six sigma
Cons
Communications need improvment
Good Work Environment
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Corbin, KYJune 29, 2016
Call center work taking inbound calls, you must adhere to your schedule, get good call scores and be productive to get a good scorecard. The scorecard is used to help determine your shift.
Management is helpful and approachable The hardest part of the job is trying to help irate customers. The most enjoyable part of this job are the co-workers.
Pros
Good benefits and pay
Cons
It tends to be repetative
my K-9 ,( best friend)/ interesting environment
K-9 officer / security guard (Former Employee) –  Groton, CTJune 24, 2016
First 7 years worked as a carpenter on nuclear submarines, building staging and platforms,for other trades to work from, installed insulation and sound dampening materials on ships hull, assisted in launching the ships for the Navy , it was physically unhealthy working inside with all the fumes and ship building chemicals , I knew the importance of the ship for the navy , and USA, Last 3 years i transferred to the security division and was able to use my K-9 training at the highest level of security clearance guarding the shipyard and reactors from intruders and/or terrorist , hardest part was cold outdoor climate for k-9, best part I loved working with my k-9 partner everyday
Pros
I owned k-9
Cons
unhealthy air
Friendly environment
Marketplace Rep (Former Employee) –  Coralville, IAAugust 15, 2016
a Fun day at work
I learned that work doesn't always have to be boring
Management was very good
Co-workers were always nice, and happy
Hardest part of the job was to deal with other insurance companies
The most enjoyable part of the job was having snacks at the computer desk
Pros
Different Restuarants visit the Job in the cafeteria
Cons
All the food is super expensive
Good Place to Work
Engineering Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIJune 22, 2016
The work is challenging and interesting, and the people are friendly and helpful. There are opportunities for job rotations and job changes within the company. There are some organizational problems, but I see them as opportunities for improvement. The expectations for overtime are minimal, and the 9-80 work schedule is a big benefit, having a 3 day weekend every other week. Overall, this is a good place to work.
Good for college students to earn an above average income compared to minimum wage
Associate Specialist CSR (Current Employee) –  Riverview, FLJune 13, 2016
Marketplace customer service for healthcare plans, 1095 forms, and appeals. 24 hours inbound call center with opportunity to grow in different areas of marketplace, medicare, supervisor, and escalations. Good place for young individuals coming out of high school and are in College. For more experienced individuals it would be good for upper management.
Pros
Good environment with a diverse group of people.
Cons
No raises.
Very Productive
Senior Analyst Functional (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 13, 2016
There’s no down time it’s always a busy day so the day will go by very quickly; the work environment is good and the facilities offer cafeteria, star bucks food services and a Gym. The hardest part of the job is its never enough hours in a day to get the job done the good thing about sitting on site, if you have a problem/question about a project assignment the person that can assist may be in the next cubicle or down the hallway preventing a delay in completing your assignment.
Pros
Excellent on site co-workers and flex working hours
Cons
No positive employee recognition only negative
Fast paced and repetitious work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJune 13, 2016
Typical work day consisted of being on the phone 90% of the time. Ability to sit long periods of time while being able to find information quickly. Management was somewhat unstructured and co-workers had nonchalant attitudes about the job task. Hardest part of the job was being able to locate information material quickly as well as meet quality control standards. Most enjoyable part of the job were the benefits associated with meeting bonus requirements.
Pros
Set hours
Cons
Unorganized management
Good learning experience
Area Manager I (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 8, 2016
- Meeting everyday to get the job started (POD) Plan of day.
- I learned a lot, from safety, quality, cost and schedule.
- Overall management was ok.
- My co-workers that been there for a while are really loyal but the new ones always took care of themselves.
- hardest part of the job was all the meetings
- The employees are the best part of going to work everyday
Pros
Employees
Great place to work.
Service Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 31, 2016
As a Technician learned a lot about the different systems that GDIT supports.
Senior Technicians and Subject Matter Experts were very willing to help and assist with any issues or problems that arose.
Management is one of the top notch that i have come across in quite a while, very knowledgeable and understanding.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Applications

General Dynamics Information Technology Reviews by Location