General Dynamics Information Technology Employee Reviews

Found 4,262 reviews matching the search
Its overall a good place
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Lynn Haven, FLAugust 8, 2017
The work is very easy to learn and the benefits are good. They train you on everything you need know. Its overall a good place to work if you stay out of the drama that goes on.
Not The Job For Me
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Corbin, KYAugust 7, 2017
Very quick-paced, and had to deal with the public over the phone on a daily basis. The training I receive was not helpful in any way towards this job.
Pros
Great insurance and benefits
Cons
No training
Has the opportunity to be a productive work place
Information Technology Training Facilitator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 7, 2017
Working as a government contractor always has it's rewards. I work with the greatest military customers anywhere. Working for the military gives a sense of patriotism and self worth.
Pros
Flexable hours
Cons
management
Very Productive
Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYAugust 7, 2017
Very Productive, but a very balanced workload. As a retiree, it gives you the chance to give back to the military with mentoring/instructing young Soldiers of today.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Need more leave for snow days, we use all of our leave during snow days, this in turns takes away from leave we have to take when the building is closed, donsas for the military.
Enjoying working again with the military
Master Training and Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Huachuca, AZAugust 6, 2017
My shift began preparing my class instruction by power point.
Having all class material was required and there was instructor teamwork to prepare the hands on training area prior to students arriving. I enjoyed working with the military personnel of all branches which made it very interesting. The hardest part of the job was in some cases some students were knowledgeable of the material being taught which was a challenge keeping them engaged during the class instruction. Thru out my tenure we were offered enhanced training to stay up to date with the latest changes of all material and equipment as to assure proper training as per the training doctrine. Enhanced instructor training was always available by professional educators to hone our skills on the platform. As well as online training to assist us with tips and instructional guidance tools to make us more proficient.
Pros
Working with the military
Cons
Not having enough time with some students that needed it.
Great Place if you can handle it
INTERNAL SUPPORT AGENT (Former Employee) –  Lynn Haven, FLAugust 6, 2017
The Major problem with working with the Healthcare.gov side of GDIT is the the nature of the Job. It is NOT for everyone. It is very stress inducing and takes a lot of patience. If you can handle that type of environment, then go for it! Great people and benefits. I left early due to health problems being made worse due to the stress of the job. (Needed to sort myself out)
Pros
Great Structure and Training
Cons
Angry Callers
Fast-paced constantly changing work environment.
Learning Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lynn Haven, FLAugust 5, 2017
Prepare and deliver presentations, employee on-boarding, track employee performance, deliver up-training as program changes. Maintain relationships between all departments.
Pros
Helping people develop professional skills
Cons
It can be difficult to keep up with significant changes on a daily basis
Worst place ever
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, KYAugust 5, 2017
This place you constantly have to worry if you have a job when you come in. Management is rude and they don't care about the employees. They are horrible and will literally do anything to save the company a dollar!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else literally
best company i worked for since leaving the army
Maintenance Technician I (Former Employee) –  Kuwiat, IrqaAugust 5, 2017
pay benefits travel the people that you work with are top notch
get you items to work with and get the job done goes the extra mile to help works and support there customers needs.
Pros
travel, pay
Cons
being away from family
Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXAugust 4, 2017
When the company first opened up everything was in organized. Training was long and some information was pointless. Nothing ever went smooth in the work place
Pros
Pay
Cons
Staff
Fun and relaxed workplace.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, KYAugust 4, 2017
I logged into my computer and spoke with Medicare beneficiaries. I learned different ways to handle different types of customers. The hardest part was knowing it was only a temporary job.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
Temporary job
Good Lunch
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chester, VAAugust 4, 2017
Vendors would come and sell lunch, usually good food and variety. People who were promoted were usually promoted through favoritism or who they knew before others. Adherence to your schedule is stressed.
Pros
Vendors
good
Store Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALAugust 4, 2017
Risvy can drive any vehicle im 18 i have good education no working experience but ill do my best for my cumpany hoping soon i request to give a chance
Pros
free food
Cons
health care
It was a job.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXAugust 4, 2017
I have nothing good or bad to say. It was a reason they closed their doors. You took the good with the bad. You have great employees and then you had the mediocre ones.
Pros
Bi weekly check.
Cons
Grown people fighting and cursing on the production floor.
Zero Opportunity for Advancement
Undisclosed (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIAugust 3, 2017
Stagnant working environment, absolutely no room for advancement. If a manager leaves or retires job not posted and another individual is moved internally. Statement, "takes an act of congress to move into next pay band" so employees top out and receive .5-1% even when annual performance ratings high.
General Dynamics
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMAugust 3, 2017
General Dynamics is a good company to work for although their upper management will twist every word you say to give your manager a bad name, they are evil and liars about what there intentions are
Overtime is usually needed
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 3, 2017
If you have the patience and willingness to help the customer, they'll train you for just about any situation.

The hours can be long sometimes, but do burn yourself out; management always plans small things and incentives to boost the morale of the team.

The hardest part is when you can't help the customer the way THEY want or need to be helped.
Pros
Overtime and Power Incentives
Cons
Temporary projects
stress ful
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSAugust 2, 2017
Fast pace a lot of emotional callers and not enough information or ways to help customer. Everything is so scripted but basic. Not a bad place to work if you are really needing a job.
Excellent opportunity to share skills with co-workers
Procurment Management Adminstrator (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAAugust 2, 2017
Supervised 25 to 50 field employees from coast-to-coast. Responsible to reorganizing supply chain management field organization and all metrics for performance and budgets.
Pros
Fast-paced environment with need for skill sets
Good Experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSAugust 2, 2017
The employees are good. Sometimes work with a good team . The volume of calls can be hectic at times but you will learn how to balance in no time. Very good experience there is anyways someone to guide or help you . You will have some good calls and bad calls but that's normal.
Pros
A/c
Cons
Schedule Change

Ask a question about working or interviewing at General Dynamics Information Technology. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval