General Dynamics Information Technology

General Dynamics Information Technology Employee Reviews

Found 3,305 reviews matching the search
It varies based on state and location
Medicare Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chester, VAApril 25, 2016
This is a great company to work for if you can find assignment that's not located in a poverty strickend area. unfortunately the pay is based on location, whereas another GDIT location approximately 1 1/2 hours away will have cleaner facilities and more pay. The moral is better when you're not working in a call center that treats you like a slave with lo pay.
Pros
steady work if you have been there more than a year
Cons
not many chances for advancement, hardly any parking due to overcrowding, no professional background checks, they hire anyone, safety issues
Overall happy with leave and benefits
Lead Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJune 11, 2016
I have worked for General Dynamics for almost 15 years and am happy with my pay benefits and vacation time (21+ days).

My experience with management has been good.

co-workers are exceptional

Hardest part of job is staying up on different technologies and the changes that are always occurring.
Fun Place to work at
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 26, 2016
My experience at General Dynamics was good, although certain things were pretty alarming e.g. The center had bed bugs, twice, but insisted on letting us work despite the situation. Overall, I liked my job because I gained free health insurance, the pay was decent, and most importantly, I was actually helping senior citizens.
Pros
Helping senior citizens, free insurance, decent pay
Cons
Shifted my schedule to a night shift.
a great workplace
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJune 26, 2016
Answer phone calls and helped customer with any questions regarding there health insurance by taking ownership. Keep a good attitude while conducting information with the customer.... Always was ready to work and did the best of my abilities to satisfy all customer and did just that.
No room for growth
Call Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 12, 2016
Unfortunately, there was no advancement available for people who were in my position; either look for other employment opportunities or be content. Stagnation and complacency in the position with no room for growth.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
healthcare benefits, building hazards
Great place to start but not to stay
CLAIMS CUSTOMER TIER II SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLApril 28, 2016
I worked with GDIT for 5 years in the healthcare department. I have heard many great things about GDIT overall but this division is not like the rest of the company. Good benefits but you may have a hard time advancing. They don't treat their performers well so if you work hard or do the bare minimum you will get the same feedback.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Not a good place work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, KYAugust 17, 2016
The people were ok to work with. the thing I did not like about the place was the stress it cause on a daily basis. although helping people was good, the co workers were like high schoolers, very immature
Pros
always calls to keep busy
Cons
high school/grade school behavior
GDIT is a great place to start off
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chester, VAApril 21, 2016
At General Dynamics you are trained to take inbound calls and register people into health insurance. GDIT is a great place to get call center experience I've never had any problems with the company the only thing I would suggest is that they train the floor supervisors and keep them updated on material because most of them aren't on the phone much so they can't really answer any questions in regards to a call or concern.
Pros
decent pay and experience
Cons
bad management/ unorganized
Great Place to Work
IT SERVICE ADMIN (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMMay 3, 2016
At ADF-SW my co-workers are very friendly. I work alongside the Air Force and strictly provide assistance to a Lt. Colonel and his deputy. I preform a good variety of administrative tasks for the two. Working for these two men had been a great experience and taught me more in the Admin Field. Most Enjoyable part of the job is how well we all get along and the great morale between us all.
Not stable
Senior Office Program Assistant/Contractor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 18, 2016
I recently was let go of GDIT because of low funding. The correct terminology would be "furloughed" and they were aware of this when they hired me however left it out during my interview and when i signed my contract. My supervisor is more than helpful finding me a new position in new department. It it an inconvenience that I have to go through unemployment benefits etc.
Pros
Great pay, good learning opportunity.
Cons
Management, training, unstable.
Fast paced work environment with helpful superiors.
ACCOUNT REP (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTJune 14, 2016
Great place to expand knowledge about health insurance. Very friendly work environment from Managers to Employees everybody wiling to help even though it as a call center people were willing to extend a helping hand. The hardest part about this particular job was the attendance policy. To elaborate on that they had what was called adherence which had to be at a 91.5 percent as far as on time. The problem I found with that is you could not fully control the time length of some particular phone calls and that would affect at times when you would take your break/lunch which would also affect your adherence because you would not go on your exact scheduled time. Although it was the hardest part I was always above on my adherence in the 93 percent and above.
Pros
Free health insurance.
Cons
Short breaks if you did not leave on exact time and wanted to keep adherence high.
Enjoy the work at General Dynamics Information Technology.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 16, 2016
The atmosphere is a great place, work is rewarding helping others with disputes, enrollments and information about their health care coverage. We have a great team of agents helping our customers, Medicare beneficiaries and callers with general questions. I've been educated in the health care system for retirees and how the SSA department work together to provide benefits to our disabled and retirees. The most difficult thing experienced is listening to the elders and disabled individuals with real life difficult situations and following policies and procedures where the end result isn't in favor of the customer. The rewarding aspect of my position is that I was able to help someone in a difficult situation where the customer greatly appreciated the assistance and hearing the their voice with praise with the end result.
Cons
pay rate
Very high pace shipbuliding company where you learn a lot and fast
Production Welder (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 1, 2016
I enjoyed working here, the management was very helpful when you had problems with welding equipment. co-workers that have been at the company along time always helped the junior workers
Pros
constant work
Cons
hot during the summer
Wonderful place to work
Procurement Liaison (Former Employee) –  Westwood, MAJuly 13, 2016
A department of defense company that is a great place to work. The management in my department micro-managed. That was their leadership style. The company kepy you informed as much as possible .
Pros
Big company
Cons
Commercial business contracts arevery very slow at the present
Great Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSAugust 13, 2016
General Dynamics was a great place to work. The benefits were very good as well. The staff was very friendly during training. The last time i was in training it was a little unorganized, but other than that everything was good.
Pros
2 15 min breaks and a 30
Cons
n/a
Not a good place for a professional..
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 22, 2016
This is a good place for a new graduate or someone who has no professional aspirations. The latter will get a salary and the former will get some experience for the next job.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No professional education, no training, no career advancement or promotion
High Pace, busy IT work area with people that are nice
Senior Network Technician (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 11, 2016
The position itself is stagnant when it comes to if you want to learn anything new. It is a high pace job with the military/Gov't environment. The people are great no matter who it is, the only complaint I have is the schedule is not consistent at all. Shifts change every 2-3 months, 12 hour shifts. Hard to deal with when you are continuing your education and have three large dogs to take care of.
Pros
You work with great people within a great location and use your clearance.
Cons
Schedule is not consistant and always changing
Learned so much that has to do with Medicare
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 15, 2016
I enjoyed helping customers with their daily questions, made them feel very comfortable when they would talk to me. The supervisors would always be there to help me with any further questions i had with my beneficiaries.
Just got layoff after 1.25 yrs, layoff before my existance and after
Principal Mechanical/Structural Analyst Engineer (Former Employee) –  Healdsburg, CAApril 9, 2016
Hire any people from anywhere right away, after usage, get rid off them, not get reward of project. Younger engineer does not listen to authority, no discipline, no experience. Promise customer randomly. no empowerment, purely satisfy customer request, people flow out fast, no organized engineering process and knowledge. Leadership is poor. Product is not very nice, use inaccurate dummy FEA software and poor engineering, don't understand engineering, don't want change. Poor manufacturing, poor engineering, basically, it is a mess.
Very Busy environment
CSR (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 9, 2016
Well my manager he is ok I really don't talk to him much he's always in his office, my supervisor is also ok she's mostly do your work and I wont bother you type of supervisor, I think that sometimes it would be nice to know we are doing a great job and they appreciate that. Co workers are nice and friendly people. The hardest part of my job would be doing a consumers application and them not qualifying for a tax credit or they don't qualify for a special enrollment period its heart breaking sometimes, but its policies and procedures. The most enjoyable part is when you get a consumer that has went thru so much and you can finally assist them and help them resolve any issues they are having. I love when the older people call in and cant work computers because they appreciate the time you spend helping them with all their questions
benefits
Cons
only 30 minute lunch

General Dynamics Information Technology Reviews by Location