General Dynamics Information Technology Employee Reviews

Fast paced friendly environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLSeptember 27, 2017
A typical day at the job was coming into work fresh friendly smiling faces everyone happy the job what I’ve learned from the job is how to have better speaking skills how to calm down an irate customer the job was very enjoyable knowing that I helped someone is what made everything worth it
Pros
Nice environment
Cons
No cons
N/a
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lynn Haven, FLSeptember 27, 2017
It was great working for this company, flexible hours and friendly people. Pay rate is awesome and you learn a lot of important factors about health insurance in general.
work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSSeptember 26, 2017
It is what it is. It is something that you probably wouldn't want to experience unless you have an abundant amount of patience. It can be a stressful and messy environment.
Career Advancement
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 26, 2017
GDIT is a great place to advance your career. It is a relaxing place with strong ethics. Management is helpful and professional. I recommend GDIT as a great place for those looking for entry level jobs.
Pros
Career Advancement
Fair place to work
SENIOR SECURITY ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZSeptember 26, 2017
General Dynamics was a fair place to work. If you did your job you were kept around, if you didn't you were not kept around for too long. It was a reasonable place to work.
Benefits
data entry (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSSeptember 26, 2017
The benefits are great but the atmosphere and pay compensation is HORRIBLE for the DRAMA you are put through on this job.Did not like the rotation of bidding for hours or bidding to keep your current schedule. Quality was never on the same page as one could see your graded call as great and another QC rep could see it as horrible. If you were like, it was graded with high marks; but if you were not a boot- licker, your graded calls could be down in the dumps
benefits
Cons
unqualified, unprofessional, unethical supervisors and managers
awesome job
Customer Service Reprentative (Former Employee) –  Chester, VASeptember 26, 2017
gdit was an amazing job you can turn it into a career id reconmen this job to any one calls are back to back and there is always overtime has a dresscode
Great Management
Facilities Coordinator / Property Administrator (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VASeptember 25, 2017
Excellent Company with a magnificent philosophy. Take care of the employee. I have 18 years of work for GDIT and all the years have been in a satisfactory manner.
Work is steady, always something to do
Department Lead, General Dynamics the USPS (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNSeptember 25, 2017
Working for USPS is always steady, with over 280 projects and only a few administrators, you will have work. Projects are always popping up and you are building new servers, troubleshooting problems and deploying code in one of the Middleware software applications you support.
Pros
Days go fast since you are always busy
Cons
Sometimes USPS management is slow with reactions when there are answers to be made.
Great place
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 25, 2017
General dynamics is a great place to work at. Everyone is do friendly and welcoming and helpful. It can be fast paced at time and also competitive but overall you will learn to enjoy it.

Want to know more about General Dynamics Information Technology?

Ask a question
Work Day
Cars Program Consultant/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLSeptember 24, 2017
Informing customer of new program updating info on system. That there is help out there. Management very helping. workplace culture was to get the job done. hardest part of the day was the work load. best part was see thehearing the customers appeciation.
Pros
Pay
Competative but fun
Senior Mechanical Technician (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VASeptember 24, 2017
The Contractor world is different then most people think, very competitive to win contracts, my supervisor was awesome and always made the work day interesting.
Good opportunities and great company support
PRINCIPAL ENGINEER, SYSTEMS (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VASeptember 23, 2017
Extremely professional team-level leadership. Wonderful technical support from the company for creating and editing our deliverables to the customer. i really enjoyed the relatively relaxed work environment. Minus the stresses that come from the contracting environment, the company itself is quite pleasant and helpful. I would recommend this company to anyone seeking a solid career as a contractor in support of a myriad of DOD clients.
Pros
Benefits; professional support; professional improvements
Cons
Communication between levels could be a bit better
Great job with great benefits
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MS 39401September 23, 2017
I have been working at General Dynamics for a year now. It's a friendly work environment. It's a very relaxed causal office job. If you don't like the idea of sitting at a desk all day, then this isn't the job for you. The benefits are great. You get free health care, sick paid leave, and vacation time.
Pros
Free healthcare
Cons
Salary, short lunches, short breaks
They really don't care about you
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTSeptember 23, 2017
I worked their for a month and my profile for taking calls was still messed up, they blamed me for their technical calls. They ran you dry, the managers left me alone in the conference room for an hour when I needed to talk to them.

One thing they really got to me is that they laid off thousands of full time employees a few months in, removed a document that said we would be guaranteed a job for several years.
Pros
Cafeteria Food is five star quality
Cons
Poor management, liars, poor benefits, lazy
terrible
Customer Service Associate (CSA) (Current Employee) –  Winchester, KYSeptember 22, 2017
terrible place to work no advancements and no raises
the management dont treat you fair
the supervisors dont know how to do there jobs correctly or fairly
Would never recommend
Sr. HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 22, 2017
GDIT does not treat employees well from top down. There are good people working for GDIT who try really hard but lack the backing and consistency of corporate leadership
Pros
Some good peolpe
Cons
Everything else
Very fast pased but great place to work!
Proposal Coordinator/Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 22, 2017
I worked on Government Proposals and it was all time sensitive. Therefore, it was VERY LONG hours in a short amount of time.
I was a consultant so did not have benefits while working there. I can state that from what I heard benefits were excellent and paid time off was standard.
The team I worked with was exceptional - very knowledgeable and professional. I would have stayed if it was a permanent position.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
LONG hours in a short amount of time for Proposal department
productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lynn Haven, FLSeptember 22, 2017
Working at general dynamics honestly was a different job for me...at general dynamics you sit and answer calls and help customers out with insurance...honestly im more of a person that likes to move around on my job ...i like to stay busy physically...great pay and good benefits though with great hrs
Very poorly managed matters who you know more than your abilities
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Anniston, ALSeptember 22, 2017
Very poorly managed. If you're a relative of someone, you're better off than anyone else. Very discriminatory to random people. Some people have it made for no real reason and others endure a hostile work environment. No real ethics at this place. Is ran worse than a McDonald's.
Pros
Pays decent and is a good place to work for some people
Cons
Very vicious and cut throat employees and management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at General Dynamics Information Technology. Our community is ready to answer.