General Dynamics Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Painter (Former Employee), ConnecticutAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Paid lunch, great benefits, and plenty of sick and vacation time
Cons: Frequent lay offs
Great place to work, This company cares about your life and your family. Benefits are fantastic and pay is fantastic. Management is okay and tries to help you as best as they can. The most enjoyable part of the job was working on a team that can laugh together and work together. Overall I recommend this company to anyone seeking a rewarding career
Decent Job
Period of Service (Former Employee), Lynn Haven, FLAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Pays well for the area and has paid holidays
Cons: Alot of ghetto/ ratchet people work there.
Pays well for the area. Paid Holidays. Room for advancement. Set schedule. Lots of calls come in and you have to deal with alot of angry sad and normal people. The hardest part is when people cry on the phone the most enjoyable part is when someone is angry and calls but you help them and they no long are rude and thank you.
always something different; unless a special project
Carpenter (Former Employee), Groton, Ct.August 25, 2015
Pros: meet some different people like from the goverment.
Cons: short breaks, long walks
work for DOD and at the naval base, also on the road. I did like working with co-worker, they were friendly, kind and, gave back to the community in charity.
working for medicare
customer service rep (Former Employee), london,ky.August 25, 2015
They had great benefits.The training I experienced,was very motivating,and benifited my performance.Great workimg atmosphere,
Hard work with employee team effort
forklift crane operator (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 24, 2015
Hard work day with a fair team effort. communication seemed to be an issue between supervisor and employees. I enjoy job completion; being apart of a finish product.
Great health benefits but low pay
Medicare Claims and Marketplace Quality Specialist (Current Employee), Hattiesburg, MSAugust 23, 2015
Pros: health insurance
Cons: pay
Company offers great health insurance benefits. The pay is not great due to not being able to get raises each year due to being on SCA contract.
very detailed, tediouse work
sr. machinist (Former Employee), cullman, alAugust 20, 2015
Great people to work as a team with. There's not any short cutting. They take the time to do things preciously. They don't rush the machinist and have a billiard table in the break room.
welder on Abram Tanks
Welder (Former Employee), Lima, OHAugust 17, 2015
Pros: good wage and benefit
Cons: job was hot in the summer time.
Worked as a welder on Abram tank. I always enjoyed welding and the co-workers were friendly and caring. I would have liked to staying working with the company, however I was laid off and starting working at Honda of America.
productive
Pipefitter (Former Employee), quoesnt north kingstonAugust 16, 2015
working at general dynamices is a hard working day at work. where you learn a new way everyday to better your knowledge with the company and expereince more to work your way up the ladder and become useful to many trades that the conmpany has to offer.. where you can lead your own crew be a leader to build one of the amazing submarines for the navy. co workers are hard to get along with but will help to get the job done hardest part of the job.
Interesting product line with lots of politics involved.
Tool Engineer (Manufacturing Engineer) (Former Employee), Lima, OHAugust 16, 2015
Pros: Great Hours, benefits
Cons: Mandatory use of 2 wks vacation during plant shut downs each year
Enjoyable company to work for with relatively low stress with exception of production swings. Have to be able to tolerate lots of highs and lows as the company is constantly laying off and re-hiring.
The job was good, but not management.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), London, KYAugust 13, 2015
Pros: Health Insurance Benefits
Cons: Bad Management
The overall work and pay was good, however the supervisors and management were not, Whenever you might need help with something such as a technical difficulty with your computer or phone, you are never guarunteed that a supervisor or manager will be around to help you. In fact, it seems as though all of the supervisors are either sitting and doing nothing in the break room, or they are just walking all around the building. Management is getting paid a lot more, for a lot less work. However, the health insurance benefits were nice & the human resources team was very helpful when needed.
I give this a 4 out of 5 star rating
Customer Service Representative Tier 2 (Current Employee), Chester, VAAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Most of the supervisors are great and easy to work for. Occasionally there is free food.
Cons: No raise in 5 years
.General Dynamics is a pretty good company to work for if you’re starting out with a work history. It is also good for people who have had other careers and are semi-retired or want a change for a while. A typical day is answering phones all day. Management has an open door policy which is great. It allows you to go to your supervisor or a manager if you have a problem, without having to worry about a chain of command. Overall my co-workers are great. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you have a difficult caller or an angry one, and you’re able to help them resolve an issue they have struggled with. The hard part is, at times you just cannot help people, which leaves you feeling helpless
NA
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Chester, VAAugust 11, 2015
If you want to go back to high school, this would be a great company to work for! The supervisors are not professional at all and I didn't enjoy coming to work every day.
Learned various computer skills and computer program knowledge
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee), Lynn Haven, FLAugust 10, 2015
Pros: free health coverage and a 401k plan
Cons: none
I enjoyed the time that i was employed with General Dynamics. Most days were easy flow calls mainly questions about the processes of obtaining health insurance and the requirements. I was able to gain knowledge on various computer programs and also learn the new ACA laws and tax rules for not obtaining health coverage. The job was fairly easy my co-workers and supervisors were laid back and understanding. The work pace was fast and steady during the peak seasons of open enrollment and slow and laid back towards the end of the season. The most difficult part of the employment experience was the misunderstanding of the consumers and the rumors that they've heard and were acting upon when trying to register for health coverage. I really enjoyed talking with the consumers and helping them to better understand what types of insurance was available tro them and helping them find a plan that fits the needs of thier families.
Great place to work.
Business Development/Solution Architect (Former Employee), Arlington, VAAugust 9, 2015
You must take initiative to take on additional responsibilities. You must expose yourself to different kinds of skills in order to grow in your career. Their raises were better than some of the other companies.
It's a great place to work; if you love sitting and talking on the phone all day
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), 1002 Author DriveAugust 8, 2015
Pros: good pay, good benefits, & will train
Cons: bit stressful
A typical day at work i would sign into my computer and start taking calls which could range from resetting passwords, help with application process( such as fill out new one or making changes to the current one), answer general inquires, resolve or escalate the consumers issues. Management is ok depending on who your supervisor and manager are and if you get along well with them. My co-worker were awesome even though we worked individual; we help each other as a team. The hardest part of the job was the difficult call/ consumers and no interaction with the consumer; which was a little stressful for me. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the consumer and turning a difficult call to a nice conversation to take the consumers stress away.
General Dynamics is a great call center to work in !
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee), Lynn Haven, FLAugust 6, 2015
I enjoyed my employment at General Dynamics Information Technolog Systems .It tought me a lot of information about insurance , there was always teamwork among my peers and my supervisor was very active and informative to our team.I worked the late shift which I chose because I usaully worked days and nights as there was an abundence amount of overtime offered.the hardest part of my job at General Dynamics was that it ended every year and I was rehired back for open enrollment period.
Teamwork , this is a place where you would find it.
Software Tester (Former Employee), Woodbridge VAAugust 5, 2015
Teamwork all the way. coworkers who would take the time out to assist each other with enjoyment. The hardest part is leaving on time.
GRIND
CSR / ISG (Former Employee), London, KYAugust 5, 2015
Pros: money
Cons: hetic
as soon as you get there you are looking for the end of shift. No support for supervisors and little relief for issues. I would not recommend this job for serious job seekers.
Too strict
Customer Service Representative for Direct Loans (Former Employee), Coralville, IAAugust 3, 2015
You might as well be going to jail everyday working here! Upper management is mean, the pay isn't worth the hassle. Do yourself a favor and run.