General Dynamics
1,096 reviews

General Dynamics Employer Reviews

Good start to get experience started
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: good work environment
Cons: temp job
I enjoyed working here the best part is all the benefits and bonuses you can receive as well as a lot of overtime thats available.
Very boring and not fun at all
CSR (Former Employee), Lynn Haven, FLFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: good insurance
Cons: not a good atmosphere.
they don't care about their employees at all. its an easy job but it just felt like I was lied to among taking the job and that is was not what it was advertise to be.
Non reconizable work skills
Self Perform Lead (Former Employee), Seattle, WAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
You could walk in and change the company from a poor company rated 76 office in the nation , to 1 in the nation. Turning around their close out packages to the best . Yet no signs towards aprectiation to the people who made it happen.
exciting and educational
Diesel/Recovery Instructor (Former Employee), Fort lee, VAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: pay and environment
learned to work with a wide variety of people, always had a comfortable work environment, was given latitude to excel at own pace and was widely recognized for jobs well done
GOOD
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Riverview, FLFebruary 25, 2015
I'm a hard worker Into computers and repairs have great customer service i attend school to become a computer engineer AND THE PLACE IS NICE
Excellent Project Manager
Principle Network Engineer, Team Lead (Current Employee), Fort Belvoir, VAFebruary 24, 2015
Excellent Project Manager
Care about Employee growth
Tools to improve professionally
Flexible work environment
Great benefits and options
Cashier
Claims Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Riverview, FLFebruary 23, 2015
I worked as a cashier. And I stocked shelves with the products. Sometimes I would unload the truck in the mornings, once a week. The hardest part of the job was the low pay.
Great work place and environment, great staff, great pay
MCA Operator & Chief Operator (Current Employee), Marion, ILFebruary 19, 2015
Cons: location
This is a wonderful place and environment to work, I love working here, I love the pay rate and the staff. I just would like to relocate.
Customer Service to help consumers obtain healthcare through the Affordable Care Act
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee), Lynn Haven, FLFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: free health insurance for the employee; 2 paid 15 minute breaks/8 hours
Cons: sometimes its so busy you can't take lunch, let alone a break.
There are many great things about working for this company. The first is that they have a fantastic orientation program. They provide health insurance for you. They have a rather lenient policy when it comes to attendance. Some of the not so great things: once you get an assigned shift, you are stuck in it for at least 3 months and then your physician needs to document why you need the change. The health coverage does not include your spouse or family that is extra and pricey. I liked being able to help the consumers and it was nice to have a job where you are regularly praised for your good work by not only members of the company, but the consumers as well.
Constant changes
Customer Service Rep., Tier (Current Employee), London, KYFebruary 17, 2015
Answer phone calls and questions about insurance, do applications and esculate issues that consumer's have with their insurance. Managers are never on the same page, there is constant changes but the people that work there are willing to help.
Challenging and rewarding
Quad States Area Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 15, 2015
We opened a new Quad-States office for a Sprint/Nextel project. The team was a great mix of individuals, many had never been in wireless before. We had a successful run.
Senior Software Tester (Current Employee), West Des MoinesFebruary 13, 2015
A good place to work and good team to work with here. Most enjoyable part of the job is working with the team. Learned phone customer service skills.
Good people, good company
Network Event Analyst (Current Employee), Sierra Vista, AZFebruary 12, 2015
General Dynamics has been very, very good to me.

I went from being an accountant to being a cyber security analyst and they helped ease my transition into a really interesting career.

Thanks so much.
good place to learn
Customer/ Technical Support for Healthcare.gov (Current Employee), Sandy, UTFebruary 11, 2015
good company lots of perks and good compensation could improve supervisors and trainers. Lots of work not much down time.
very profesional company to work for.
New construction pipefitter (Former Employee), san diego,caFebruary 11, 2015
typical day was meet with my supervisor,recieved assignment
went through morning safty meeting then went assigned work site
and decided what tools the job required.
My coworkers were well trained and easy to get along with.
Summer intern
Finance Internship (Former Employee), Sterling Heights, MIFebruary 10, 2015
Nice first internship experience
Not many tasks to complete so there was a lot of books and sleeping in my cubicle
Didn't really learn much at all
very mediocre
Productive work area surrounded by Navy ships and carriers
Fire Watch (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: 8-10 shifts
Cons: unfavorable weather
Beginning early morning 6am to 2:45pm I was in charge of shadowing over the hot worker (welder/electrician) to prevent possible fire. I had to carry a CO2 or water tank into tight spaces either on or below the ships. The job consisted of hard mostly men who did labor work. I enjoyed learning and memorizing how to find spaces of the boats. I learned different traits such as welding, pipe fitting, painting and ship cleaning. The hardest part about this job was conquering my fear of heights and being in tight spaces.
Excellent job, hours and pay
Material Handler (Former Employee), McHenry, MSFebruary 10, 2015
Enjoyed working in a field that produced reactive armor for our military and was very proud to be part of that team. Learned many areas within the company and would love to had a long term employment history with them if the company contract had not ended.
General Dynamics
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lawrence, KSFebruary 10, 2015
This is a great entry level job for someone entering the workforce. It is a call center open 24 hours and you took inbound calls from members wanting to enroll in the Market place plan under the Affordable Care Act
great
Bench Worker - Straightner press operator (Former Employee), maineFebruary 7, 2015
best job I ever had. want to go back so bad. great pay great people great benefits as well!! loved it. to bad I got a laid off. work is busy and slow at times

1 2 3 4 5

About General Dynamics

Generally dynamic, General Dynamics is a prime military contractor to the Pentagon (the US government accounts for about 70% of – Read more

General Dynamics Photos