General Dynamics Employee Reviews in United States

They provide job training
Good benefits
Good pay
Room for advancement
Fast paced job gotta keep up
Good work schedules
Great customer service workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 28, 2016
What I loved about them was that were straight forward about the job being done and being done right. No fooling off. Absolutely Work!
Great place to start but not to stay
CLAIMS CUSTOMER TIER II SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLApril 28, 2016
I worked with GDIT for 5 years in the healthcare department. I have heard many great things about GDIT overall but this division is not like the rest of the company. Good benefits but you may have a hard time advancing. They don't treat their performers well so if you work hard or do the bare minimum you will get the same feedback.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Huge company that treats you like a number
prefer not to say (Current Employee) –  variousApril 27, 2016
Low morale; non-competitive pay; virtually NO company-sponsored team building or employee morale boosting. No severance for lay-offs.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
It's a yucky job.
Fun Place to work at
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 26, 2016
My experience at General Dynamics was good, although certain things were pretty alarming e.g. The center had bed bugs, twice, but insisted on letting us work despite the situation. Overall, I liked my job because I gained free health insurance, the pay was decent, and most importantly, I was actually helping senior citizens.
Pros
Helping senior citizens, free insurance, decent pay
Cons
Shifted my schedule to a night shift.
Stressful, poor management practices.
Rigger (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 25, 2016
Very unprofessional bosses and HR are very uninformed about employee rights and regulations. Unfortunately you are just another "worker" who's replaceable. You are always be expected to work overtime or be at work regardless of what personal matters you are dealing with outside of work.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
Bosses are very unprofessional
Outstanding
Sr. Technician /Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAApril 25, 2016
Another great company to work for. General Dynamic spreads all over the world with a staff majority of former and Retired Military.
Great work environment with benefits
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSApril 24, 2016
GDI is a fast paced call center that handles higher education financial aid. I took calls from all over the country by potential students and their families. I was able to guide them through the multiple guidelines and information for student aid. I enjoyed helping people meet their career goals.
Great company to work
Program Controls Analyst (Current Employee) –  St Petersburg Beach, FLApril 24, 2016
This company has opened many doors for me and has taught me a lot. Full work days and it has not gotten to the point where the work schedule can be done at home or remotely.
GDIT is a great place to start off
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chester, VAApril 21, 2016
At General Dynamics you are trained to take inbound calls and register people into health insurance. GDIT is a great place to get call center experience I've never had any problems with the company the only thing I would suggest is that they train the floor supervisors and keep them updated on material because most of them aren't on the phone much so they can't really answer any questions in regards to a call or concern.
Pros
decent pay and experience
Cons
bad management/ unorganized

Want to know more about General Dynamics?

Ask a question
Amazing Team/Enviroment
Systems Engineer/Configuration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIApril 20, 2016
Worked for General Dynamics for 1 year. In my time there, i thoroughly enjoyed both management and my co workers. Training was given as needed and management trusted in you to do the right thing, but never minded a question.
It was a nice and friendly environment
Customer Service Representatives (Former Employee) –  Coralville, IAApril 20, 2016
General Dynamics was a calm and cool place to work. It was a nice and friendly environment. I loved it there and learned so much. everyone was very helpful especially the supervisors. it was like one big family. and also they gave great benefits
General Dynamics in the past a good place to work but now i dont think they show that they care and appreiate there employes
Manufacture Associate (Current Employee) –  Newton, NCApril 17, 2016
I use to love coming to work at GD but now it is stressful .I enjoy working with my coworkers they feel the same as I do WE work 4 tens have Fridays off I truly look forward to having it off!
Pros
No Christmas gifts or bonus
Cons
healthcare is not the greatest
good company to work for
Government health insurance Assist customer (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSApril 14, 2016
good company, mostly seasonal they they lay you off, good benefits and great pay. always get bonuses paid holidays even if you don't work.
Fun place to work
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 13, 2016
Good place to work, spent alot of time deployed for the company. They were always good at working with each and every individual to give them time off when needed.
Construction Engineer
Senior Mechanical & Construction Engineer (Former Employee) –  Groton, CTApril 13, 2016
The job is what you make of it. You can go as far as you want. Travel is available. Still uses old shipyard mentality. Coworkers are the best I have ever found and I enjoyed my job.
Pros
Great Health benefits and gratifying work. Management stands behind there employees decision.
Cons
Pay and cost of living.
General Dynamics is a great company to work for.
CONSTRUCTION MANAGER II (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 13, 2016
.• Supervised design implementation, site engineering, quoting, permitting and installation
• Managed daily operations, staff assignments, manpower utilization and project administration
Pros
General Dynamics is a Very good company to work for
Cons
some of the employees need more training
NASSCO Business unit
Mechanical Outfitting Assistant Superintendent (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 11, 2016
very busy, something new to learn every day, fair management, deal with different employee cultures every day,very difficult to work with different management styles; love to work people in the production site.
Pros
A place to improve an learn every day
Cons
Worked to many hours and very stressful at times
Just got layoff after 1.25 yrs, layoff before my existance and after
Principal Mechanical/Structural Analyst Engineer (Former Employee) –  Healdsburg, CAApril 9, 2016
Hire any people from anywhere right away, after usage, get rid off them, not get reward of project. Younger engineer does not listen to authority, no discipline, no experience. Promise customer randomly. no empowerment, purely satisfy customer request, people flow out fast, no organized engineering process and knowledge. Leadership is poor. Product is not very nice, use inaccurate dummy FEA software and poor engineering, don't understand engineering, don't want change. Poor manufacturing, poor engineering, basically, it is a mess.
Productive Fast Pace Environment
Production Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 5, 2016
Working as an analyst I enjoy review of statistics and metrics, as well as processing process initiative improvements, giving briefs on area site implementation groups as well as supporting all trades within Repair departmentally and Repair as a whole organizationally.