General Dynamics Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,297 reviews matching the search
Productive workplace, with varying technical environments. Perfect place to learn new technologies.
INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGNER SR (Current Employee) –  Fort Gordon, GAJune 23, 2016
Surrounded by modern military technologies. Tons of opportunities to learn and travel. The varying backgrounds of the teams enable peer level learning. Having direct communications with systems, software, and mechanical engineers, truly enhanced our knowledge of systems.
Good Place to Work
Engineering Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIJune 22, 2016
The work is challenging and interesting, and the people are friendly and helpful. There are opportunities for job rotations and job changes within the company. There are some organizational problems, but I see them as opportunities for improvement. The expectations for overtime are minimal, and the 9-80 work schedule is a big benefit, having a 3 day weekend every other week. Overall, this is a good place to work.
Fun workplace everyone gets along well
Material Handler Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ladson, SCJune 22, 2016
Very warm environment with few breaks in between. Management didn't talk to us much unless something was wrong. The most difficult part of the job is finding material from shipment.
Pros
pay well great benefits
Cons
Poor mangement
good pay and benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lynn Haven, FLJune 20, 2016
a typical consist of taking calls, helping customers sign up and enroll in health care. management was more supervisory and coaching driven. we worked on a secure call center floor so conversation was limited, you didn't get to know your co workers.
What 's make a good Mechanic.
Class Outside Electrician (Former Employee) –  Groton, CTJune 15, 2016
This Where IT all begins building submarines. I was apprentice electrician . Reading blueprints. And measuring to install all equipment . Wiring and troubleshooting if necessary. I had the best team members you could work and learn from . Everyone works together to accomplish our goal.
Pros
Great learning expierence!
Cons
Not enough overtime.
Fast paced work environment with helpful superiors.
ACCOUNT REP (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTJune 14, 2016
Great place to expand knowledge about health insurance. Very friendly work environment from Managers to Employees everybody wiling to help even though it as a call center people were willing to extend a helping hand. The hardest part about this particular job was the attendance policy. To elaborate on that they had what was called adherence which had to be at a 91.5 percent as far as on time. The problem I found with that is you could not fully control the time length of some particular phone calls and that would affect at times when you would take your break/lunch which would also affect your adherence because you would not go on your exact scheduled time. Although it was the hardest part I was always above on my adherence in the 93 percent and above.
Pros
Free health insurance.
Cons
Short breaks if you did not leave on exact time and wanted to keep adherence high.
Long, but fun days
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Groton, CTJune 14, 2016
Electric boat was a long commute, early mornings, which resulted in long days with little rest. As a union job, i felt as though i had an important role on a team making parts for our military.
Productive and very satisfying place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJune 14, 2016
I sincerely appreciate the opportunity to work at General Dynamics. Every day you leave knowing that you have helped someone somewhere in some type of way.
Would recommend to an enemy.
Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UtahJune 12, 2016
Supervisors are great and very approachable. Management is not that good. Training is mediocre at best. They do the bare minimum in training. When you get to the floor you will most likely not know how to do your job. The office manager thinks you are below him and treats you that way. No raises at all. You can become an acting supervisor but chances are after OEP ends you go back to your previous position. Near impossible to advance beyond Tier I/Tier II/ISG. Most of the time you end up with an acting position anyway. Extremely strict on processes instead of focused on the consumer. They don't really care about the consumer they just want a good scorecard. Pay is not worth the positions offered.
Pros
Co-Workers, Supervisors.
Cons
There is only a few holidays off, They don't give raises, Good work is not recognized nor do they care.
Overall happy with leave and benefits
Lead Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJune 11, 2016
I have worked for General Dynamics for almost 15 years and am happy with my pay benefits and vacation time (21+ days).

My experience with management has been good.

co-workers are exceptional

Hardest part of job is staying up on different technologies and the changes that are always occurring.
Good company
Sr. Purchasing Agent/Subcontract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJune 8, 2016
Busy work environment.
Learned much from govt. defense contacts
decent management vision

the hardest part was leaving the company, due to Reduction in Force, office closing.
Pros
good product
Cons
company closing
Good employer
HR Assistant (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJune 8, 2016
Good employer, good work/life balance, engaging company events helpful in booting morale. Most enjoyable part includes the employees. Employee appreciation rewards and incentives also available.
General Dynamics
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Corbin, KYJune 8, 2016
GDIT, is a great place to work. Benefits are awesome, and having a 401k is the best. I do wish that the supervisors were nicer in answering questions. but, overall good place to work at,.
Great work enviroment
File Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 5, 2016
Work at your own pace, no micromanaging. I learned new analytical skills. Management was very easy to work for. My co workers were fun and very helpful. I would say the hardest part was learning all the acronyms. It was like a foreign language at first. The trainer that I worked with was fantastic!
Pros
work at your own pace
Cons
not easy to move up in this position
Local Management good to work with
Database Admin/Program Analyst (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 4, 2016
Overall organization is spread out a little too much (over multiple states) - Primary vendor is a bit difficult to work with. Needs a better system of formalized training for new people.
great people and atomsphere
Customer service representive (Former Employee) –  London, KYJune 4, 2016
loved helping the consumers always interesting all the people were very proffesional and helped you if you needed it easy to learn the operating system
Pros
health coverage
I Enjoyed it for the most part
Call Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJune 2, 2016
I did like this job it was fun it felt good to help people over the phone the work/life balance should be considered and the management might need to be re done but for the most part good job
Team work, ready for business and fun enviroment.
Heavy Equipment Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXMay 31, 2016
Had to be a team work environment to keep production going in an organized manner. All personal from management to co-workers had to take care of individual responsibilities as well as the well being of others due to the heavy machinery that was used daily. Best part of the job was getting things done right, clean and organized, always ready for the next level.
Pros
Benefits, Hours, and all well round work ethic
Really loved Working here
Associate Specialist of Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 30, 2016
I really loved working here. There was a lot of love giving with working in this work place. Co Workers where very fun to work with and the Management was awesome!
Great work environment
Desktop Technician (Former Employee) –  East Camden, ARMay 27, 2016
I really enjoyed the people that I worked with on a daily basis here. I also enjoyed being able to make critical decisions that were needed with very little supervision.
Pros
great work environment, lots of opportunities
Cons
could be stressful at times and sometimes long hours