General Dynamics
1,057 reviews

General Dynamics Employer Reviews

Work in the shipyards
Contractor/Powertooler (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJanuary 28, 2015
I enjoyed my work while employed with NSC Technologies/my assignment with General Dynamics. The work environment was always about teamwork and helping one another out to complete daily tasks. My co-workers were both encouraging and willing to learn from me as well.
New Hire
Weights Engineer (Current Employee), Mission ValleyJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: growth
I have been working here for about 8 weeks and I thoughrougly enjoy it. The work environment is great and everyone seems friendly. There is opportunity to move up and earn a bit more, but I am yet to get to that point. Most of the people I work with here seem to enjoy it and have a worked here for a while.
Productive workplace
Customer Service Specialist Medicare/Marketplace (Former Employee), Chester, VAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: overtime, prizes, healthcare
A typical day at work was either handling calls for the Health Insurance Marketplace or Medicare calls. I learned about how to plan and compare drug and health plans. The purpose of the Health Insurance Portability And Accountability Act.I would log in and check my email to make sure what type of calls I would handle for the day. The most enjoyable part of the job is no matter how frustrated the callers' are when the call began they hang up satisfied because you made every attempt to help and provided them with the information they were looking for.
Great Organization
Senior Logistics Manager (Former Employee), Al Taqqaddum, IraqJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: great organization
Enjoyed the opportunity to field the Chameleon program. My policies and procedures laid the foundation for the logistics processes for equipment movement. Excelled in the position and really defined my career.
Very quiet environment
Customer Service (Former Employee), Chester, VAJanuary 26, 2015
I enjoyed working with computers to assist potential customers in finding affordable healthcare.
Fun environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), SandyJanuary 25, 2015
I enjoyed going to work. I learned how to be apart of a team. I know how to handle stressful phone calls. I know how to work in a professional environment.
Great Job with a wide array of people working there.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Lynn Haven, FLJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: great job, good pay
Cons: the fear that it is a temp position only
I have learned so much about customer service. I really enjoy dealing with the consumers. I have never had someone be so rude that I was unable to calm them down. My supervisor is so very helpful and is wonderful. I really enjoy my job. They are willing to work with you in situations (personal) when you must miss work, if you prove it is unavoidable.
Customer Service Representative I/ recruiting (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: great benefis, cafeteria in building
Cons: short breaks
productive work place, friendly enviroment, managers answer all questions. you had your own space and area to work. I learned a lot about the medicare insurance we worked with, I learned some new computer systems i dint know beore, the hardest part of the job would probably be getting a irate customer who you couldnt help, and the best part would be being able to help someone out in a timely manner.
This is a fun place to work and meet people of all culture as well as being able to advace within different departments
Associate Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Hattiesburg, MSJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: being able to work well with co-workers is always a plus within any company and great benefits
Cons: short breaks and lunches and working late shifts at night
I had to pleasure to help millions of consumers get health insurance nationwide. The opportunity to meet people was a plus and I have gained a lot of experience within the company. It is great working with people who are there and willing to help each other grow and learn all the different changes within the company. The hardest part of the job is trying to deal within irate consumers who did not agree with the new health program but the most enjoyable is knowing that I have help many consumers get health insurance and at the end of the day I can go home and smile for a full days work. There is also a lot of overtime workers can sign up for to make extra money, especially around the holidays to get those extra gifts for your family. Management was there to help as much as possible and to make sure that each employee was up to date on all training that is required as an employee.
Sucked
Manager (Former Employee), FLJanuary 22, 2015
This place doesn't know what the next person is doing, Very unprofessional for people who handle tax payer money
OK Place to work just needs better organzation
CSR (Former Employee), Waco, TXJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: good money
Cons: unorganzied
Very Good Money however there very unorganized. The Trainers were very lazy and rude, You had to do your best to understand the job and requirements.
fun
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee), Sandy, UTJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: employees receive health insurance if wanted
Cons: busy most of the time
I like working here because I got to help people enroll in great health insurance plans,
n/a
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMJanuary 21, 2015
Took complaints against big businesses. Best part was working with the customers
work flow
Call Agent (Former Employee), salt lake cityJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: good lunches
Cons: short breaks
Took calls for health insurance. help people enroll. Did application for people.
Good company lacking benefits.
DSESTS Operator/M1 Abrams Tank Technician (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXJanuary 20, 2015
Cons: lack of benefits; for most full time employees
Management was great. I enjoyed working with everyone in different fields. Work environment was great and I enjoyed working overtime.
Very Busy and Educating
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Salt Lake City,UTJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: a variety of food served in their huge cafeteria
Cons: short breaks
Took incoming calls on Health Care Enrollment. I learned how to enroll customers for Health Care and affordable plans for every family member that they had. I learned how every states Health Care is different policies an procedures by law. My co-workers were great and helpful. The hardest part of my job was going through a whole application that sometimes took 2 hours, and not having it go through because of a website malfunction. The best part was being able to help customers get Health Care that has never had before.
it is not the best place to work
Customer service rep (Former Employee), houston txJanuary 15, 2015
n/a I refuse to comment on this company not a company that a lot of people in Houston would go back too it wasn't a great company and the things that they do are all about the company they could care less about there employees
excalent
Costumer Service Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 15, 2015
this place was a wonderful place that cared about there employes and really wanted u to exceed in life
very good place to work in
Costumer Service (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: company understands your needs
SUPERVISORS AND HR ARE ALWAYS AVAILABLE TO TALK TO

YOU, A TYPICAL DAY AT WORK IS FUN AND SECURE IT FEELS

LIKE YOU ARE AT HOME, MANAGEMENT IS VERY SECURE

EVERYTHING IS EXCELLENT. I HAVE LEARNED A LOT IN THIS COMPANY IT IS VERY HELP FULL THEY ARE VERY COMPREHENSIVE BY ANY EMPLOYERS DECISIONS
Established company with diverse careers
Aircraft Radome Fabrication (Current Employee), Marion, VAJanuary 14, 2015
Opportunities for diverse careers with strong focus on engineering and government contracts.

1 2 3 4 5

About General Dynamics

Generally dynamic, General Dynamics is a prime military contractor to the Pentagon (the US government accounts for about 70% of – Read more

General Dynamics Photos