General Dynamics
1,223 reviews

General Dynamics Employee Reviews

Good place to work.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Lawrence, KSJune 1, 2015
I enjoy the work done there. I get a sense of accomplishment and fulfillment when I am able to help people. My co-workers are an awesome group of people. Very diversified.
Very pressured atmosphere, my crew are hard workers, pleasant people.
Customer Service representative (Former Employee), Sandy, UtahJune 1, 2015
Pros: Received new headphones for excellent attendance
Cons: Very pressured, feel guilty if you become ill. Sitting in front of computer for long hours.
A typical day at work would be answering phone calls for the Marketplace Affordable Care Act.
Two 15 minute breaks, a 30 minute lunch. Learning new materials,memorizing, reading scripts.
My co-workers are great, good people on my crew, and my supervisor, very knowledge, pleasant person.
That is the best part, the hardest part is dealing with aggressive , sometimes very angry consumers.
The phone calls are one right after the other, lack of communication in different departments, which leads to sketchy information at times, in which to inform the consumers.Many computer problems, sometimes, they go off the line, which can be frustrating to consumers.
I do feel a gratification of feeling that I am helping people.
Good Job
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Panama City, FLMay 29, 2015
Unable to discuss on about this job due to the high leval of security and the protection of our client information. i am very sorry I am unable to provide any further information
it was a good job
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Panama City Beach, FLMay 29, 2015
we were on the phones all day long. We answered questions consumers had and found solutions, helped consumers pick an insurance plan and signed them up for it.
Good overal company; good experience
Principle Instructor (Current Employee), Sierra Vista, AZMay 27, 2015
Pros: Good benefits, managment affords some flexibility, good pay
Cons: Poor advancment opportunities, no disciplinary program, no reward/recognition program
I have found it hard to advance my career in with this company in the area that I work. I feel that it has to do something with me being female and not part of the "good-ol-boy" clique. I have experience and educational background; more than some people who have been advanced before me.

Management in this section is okay but has allowed higher echelons and the major contractor company dictate unethical and, sometimes, illegal employment practices. Unfortunately the corporate culture is one of favoritism and back-door deals for friends. There are different standards for the different types of workers (contract, civilian, soldeir, ect) and the contractors are treated the worst. There is no reward and recognition program in place so it does not matter how much effort you put into your job or how little effort you make in even showing up for work, you still get the same amount of raise at the end of the year (and that is not enough to keep up with inflation). Morale is low and if there were other high-paying skill-intense work in this line of duty, all the employees would leave.
N/A
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Lawrence, KSMay 27, 2015
Pros: Great Training
Cons: Need to give employees more work benefits
I take calls and help customers to get the best policy that fits their needs. Customer service is most of my job. Softwar Application and using a multi phone line. The most difficult part of my job is that most of the calls I take, the customers are already irritated to the point that it makes it hard to calm them down enough to achieve their and my goals with the phone call.
better sweet job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Lacy LakeviewMay 27, 2015
The job isn't hard at all but it can be a bit stressful when it gets really busy. Most of the time it is really busy. If you know how to click a mouse and use a keyboard this is the perfect job for you.
You can get out of it what you are willing to put in, minus a promotion.
Field Technician (Former Employee), JBLM, WAMay 26, 2015
Pros: Compensation, OT, Travel, Driving military vehicles
Cons: Stress
Fantastic product to work with, and the best customers to maintain a working dialogue with. Like everything else there are opportunities, and having an optimistic viewpoint with the ability to see the "diamond in the rough" is always a great thing.

The hardest part of my job for the vast majority of normal people would be the travel aspect, but I tailored my lifestyle to fit being "on the road". I preferred this and I got what I wanted, except for 10 months out of 5 years.

The most enjoyable part of my job was maintaining equipment with little notice, and hours of dwell time if I was lucky. Stressful? sometimes, but my work, knowledge, and skill was directly responsible for success of the customer, who have put themselves into harms way.
work was educational, fun , peacefull
Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLMay 26, 2015
Pros: brakes
Cons: hot outside
On a typical day work was fun, but sometimes lonely just depending on who who know and, co-workers was loving and helpful when needed it.The hardest part of the job was the long hours.The most enjoyable part of the job is the paycheck
good place to work but unsecure
Senior Engineering Technician (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZMay 26, 2015
Pros: good pay and technical
Cons: fear layoffs
Defense jobs are going away it seems. They are harder and harder to come by and GD is one of those companies holding on to contracts by a string. The pay and work environment are not bad, but work gets slow and you might fear for a layoff as I was laid off.
Not a bad place to work
Specialist, Customer Service (Former Employee), Lawrence, KSMay 25, 2015
It's not a horrible place to work. The dress code is casual/business casual and my co-workers were great. Upper management could use some improvement but no place is perfect.
Fast pace and growing company with career growth.
Internal Support Group Supervisor (Current Employee), Hattiesburg, MSMay 25, 2015
On a typical day I support Tier 1 and Tier 2 CSR's w/ locating job information to assist/support our clients. I transfer calls to the appropriate department or entity to support their issue. I have a great and highly knowledgeable team that I work with that provide support and answers to me as well. The hardest part of my day is providing peace of mind to irate and angry clients.
Great benefits and pay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lawrence, KSMay 24, 2015
Hardest part of the job is that if you work for the Marketplace, there is very limited information to relay to the customer since it's still relatively new. There are plenty of scripts to read verbatim to the consumer but there are a lot of questions I couldn't answer for them, especially if they were having complex issues with their insurance company. I also hated being stuck to a cubicle and not having enough time to go outside AND eat, or at least see outside. It's also impossible to interact with coworkers unless the call volume is slow, but that really wasn't a huge problem. The benefits and pay were great and plenty of opportunities for overtime. There were also many opportunities to up-train or dual-train in order to qualify for higher CSR positions.
Great Company
Information Technician/Helpdesk (Former Employee), Camp Slayer IraqMay 23, 2015
Pros: great benefits, great salary, great training
Cons: Management
This is a great company to work for. But if you are a female with an overseas assignment, the men did not treat you very well. Went into work one day and was told you are going home without a reason. The security officer did not even know that I was leaving until I went up to check out with him. I still to this day have not been given a reason except that I was disrespectful to a civilian. We were there to support the Army and they had no problems with me. I did not socialize with the men after work. Went home and rested, the longs hours that you put in where 12 to 14 hours days and sometimes longer. So you were ready to to get some rest. I would love to work for the company again. But, they will not even speak to me.
The most enjoyable part was the installation of software and the interaction with the personnel.
I learned that you have to learn how to play the game, I am not a game player but if you want to work for GD you need to play the game.
The hardest part was dealing with you co-workers, that did the least they could and you were one who wanted to do more for the customer.
Some of the co-workers where great people, and others where not, This is at any job.
Management was okay, but they had their picks, they were not fair.
a good experience
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), phoenixMay 21, 2015
Pros: schedule
Cons: temp
i like ours that i work i learned new and important information this was my first call center i like my job alot and they provide alot of learning material and you always have your supervisor helping you in a chaotic situation
Great place to enjoy working with a team, and customers
HVACR/ Diesel Generator Senior Project Engineer (Former Employee), CaliforniaMay 21, 2015
- Work day is Monday Friday 0730-1600, On Call 24/7.
- Continuing education and contractor operations.
- Management has been the best in my career, and a pleasure to work for.
- Co-Workers are the greatest to work with and all have a common bond.
- The hardest part is perhaps the long deployments to remote sights in support of various contracts.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was being part of one of the best work forces, and being able to see direct positive results from all work performed.
Meh
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), CoraMay 20, 2015
The typical day at work consists of reading scripts and following strict company policies. The HR is ridiculous however, they have outstanding supervisors
Enjoyable/good entry level
Security Specialist (Current Employee), Chantilly, VAMay 20, 2015
Pros: good experience
Cons: N/A
General Dynamics company gave me was my first office job. I really enjoyed the learning, my coe-workers and the work/life balance the company offered.
Sweat shop with no windows (BIW-CROF)
Catia V5 and CADDS CV5 Electrical Designer (Former Employee), Brunswick, MEMay 19, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours
Cons: Low morale
Avoid this General Dynamics company. Other locations like Electric Boat in Groton, CT are better. Shipyard has not enough parking and you have to take a shuttle in.
i love working here
Material Handler (Current Employee), annsiton alMay 17, 2015
Pros: money
Cons: none
the people are great. I enjoy shipping and receiving parts in and out. I love being able to be working with a company building vehicles for the military.

1 2 3 4 5

About General Dynamics

Generally dynamic, General Dynamics is a prime military contractor to the Pentagon (the US government accounts for about 70% of – Read more

General Dynamics Salaries

$35,138 per year
Instructor
$54,000 per year

General Dynamics Photos

Gdls-c coming from us airbase,ali al saleem
Training Assistant – GD Iraq 140 program