General Dynamics

General Dynamics Employer Reviews

Fast pace excellent benefits and pay.
I obtained an Interim Security Clearance (Former Employee), Marion, VAJuly 22, 2014
Great place to work, it just isn't secure due to the orders received. I got layed-off within a year.
To the Point
Assistant Supervisor / Quality Assurance (Current Employee), College Park, MdJuly 22, 2014
Pros: work schedule
Cons: benefits
The culture of General Dynamics is goal-oriented. Customer service is a high priority and nothing short of that is acceptable. The hardest part of my job is the demand of knowing how to identify the sensitivity of information being processed and the cause and effect if the information was to be made public. I enjoy my day to day interaction with my – more... co-workers and would hate to leave working with them but of course, family comes first. What I enjoy most about the job is the work schedule, 6 am to 2:30 pm. I've grown attached to this work schedule since it gives me flexibility to do personal things when leaving work while having most of my day available. – less
A very "Good old Boy" organization.
Senior Specialist Instructor/Training Developer (Current Employee), Sierra Vista, AZJuly 21, 2014
Learning about the forensic field is fantastic. So many areas. During the course of the day you may be required to be involved in many aspects of the course. The management to me is partial to many and could have more discipline in controlling individual action of coworkers. Some of the co-workers are very knowledgeable and many need to grow up. These, – more... unfortunately are the ones in the "Good old Boy" arena. Communication is the hardest part between the workers. I believe the most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction that comes from seeing the students graduate with a wealth of knowledge this course has to offer. – less
Busy
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee), Manassas, VAJuly 21, 2014
Pros: we had a lot of team building
Cons: sometimes space did not allow for seperation of gathering
Emails, how to deal with the day to day atmosphere, receiving the information from management regarding tasks to be carried out,
the job was always moving, it had its challenges. Though the job moved constant everyone was there for each other. At the end of the day I had a feeling of knowing I was part of a bigger picture.
awesome job
customer service (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 19, 2014
Pros: pay, people, benefits
Cons: short breaks
i loved working for a call center. the pay was awesome. the people i met in the work place were amazing. it just felt right. hardest part of the job was signing people up for what they called for. sometimes they didnt really cooperate it was a little frustrating sometimes but cool.
Productive and fun work place, co workers get along well
Machinist 1/CNC Operator 1 (Current Employee), Kilgore, TXJuly 18, 2014
Pros: company activities
Cons: short lunch breaks, frequent short periods of no work
Create parts on manual mill or lathe
I have learned many procedures for creating parts on the manual lathe such as knurling, threating, and boreing
All my co-workers are very friendly and always happy to help when you ask for assistance
Used to be great
Mechanical Designer (Current Employee), Newton, NCJuly 17, 2014
Pros: healthcare, learning opportunities
Cons: no advancement, poor management, poor management structuring
Used to love it but now the management is structured poorly. None of them know what really goes on to bring a product from a customer specification to a finished deliverable. They can only evaluate an employee's worth by his educational and social background, and not the talent or skills he has. Many of the managers are not even on site now so they – more... are disconnected from the people here. They do not compensate their current experienced employees, but will hire new employees and pay them more. Therefore, it is good for initial starting pay, but it is not a good place for advancement. – less
negative,very unorganized
csr (Former Employee), sandy utahJuly 15, 2014
Pros: schedule swap
Cons: no supervisior
it was not very organized, no supervisors no one to keep track hard to get in and speak with any managment
Fast paced & fun work place.
Naval Ship Repair Material Manager (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAJuly 15, 2014
Pros: i make $23hr
Cons: no room to advance for at least 12 years
I started at Metro Machine three months after I separated from service, which was sold to General Dynamics along with three other companies. I like my job, but the opportunity for advancement has gone up in smoke due to the managers who have been at Earl Industries or Metro for 20+ years. I like the companies direction, but I have a skill set meant – more... for a management position.

My wife and I are from the Triad of N.C. We would like to move closer to home to be with aging family. This is the perfect opportunity to find employment until retirement and be able to move. – less
Fun work and lots of good people
Engineer (Current Employee), Sterling Heights, MIJuly 14, 2014
The work is good and the people are generally better. Just seems as though the defense industry is on the decline and the benefits keep getting reduced in some manner via frozen pensions, lesser match on 401k, frozen promotions. Doesn't seem like a stable place. Everything is based on government funding, so if it goes you go with it.
Productive and safe work place .
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 14, 2014
Pros: free lunches, healthcare
Cons: short breaks, parking
I learned a lot about the Affordable Care Act working at General Dynamics . I enjoyed assisting the consumers look for insurance and helping them find healthcare to better their lives.
Top notch place to work.
BMET2 (Former Employee), UtahJuly 13, 2014
A great learning experience. A gooid place to work. But just not making enough money and wife wanted to move back to the Midwest.
Great place to work but lay offs are frequent
Materials handler, Forklift driver (Former Employee), Lima, OHJuly 13, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere
Cons: being laid off
General Dynamics was by far the best place I have ever been. They had a laid back attitude, but always successfully completely their tasks. The only thing bad about GD, was that I was laid off.
NOT AT ALL A COMPANY I WOULD RECOMMEND
Ombudsman Specialist (Former Employee), Coralville, IAJuly 13, 2014
Cons: improvement needed
I M P R O V E M E N T NEEDED.

MORE THAN HALF THEIR STAFF RELOCATED TO SEDGWICK CMS..
Good company
Administrative Support (Former Employee), Vannie VAJuly 12, 2014
Pros: good health plans
Cons: poor management
good company, good co-workers, okay management, worked with a lot of customers daily
Pretty good company
Electronics Technician (Module Test Dept.) (Former Employee), Rockaway, NJJuly 10, 2014
The company is nice and the work is good but the benefits aren't that great. The people are pretty nice as well.
Great company to work for.
Supervisor-Facilitated International Liaison (Former Employee), Troy, MI.July 10, 2014
Good pay, benefits, management. Great company. Enjoyed overseas travel.
Productive Work Enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Bogalusa, LAJuly 9, 2014
Pros: benefits are great!
Cons: short breaks, short lunches
On a typical day at work, I am expected to be punctual. I use direct method to assist the consumer in gaining health insurance. I learned to deal with unhappy consumer by being optimistic.
Good people, decent company
Quality Specialist/Training (Current Employee), Sandy, UTJuly 9, 2014
Very nice people to work with, but some higher up political issues.
Too many inconsistancies in managment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), London, KYJuly 8, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: inconsistancies in information
The new healthcare law made this job very stressful. No one ever knew for sure answers to many questions. The pay and benefits were very good though. My co-workers were equally as amazing. My manager did the best she could and I respected her for that. The hardest part of the job for me was the suicide call.

1 2 3 4 5

About General Dynamics

Generally dynamic, General Dynamics is a prime military contractor to the Pentagon (the US government accounts for about 70% of – Read more

General Dynamics Photos