General Dynamics Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,305 reviews matching the search
Unfair pay scale
CCO Instructor (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJune 27, 2016
Employees who came in under a different contract get paid more than those who started at the same time. The management is very weak. I did learn more about working in a very diverse culture.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
unfair pay, poor management
Solid Company
Performing as lead (Former Employee) –  Fort Eustis, VAJune 27, 2016
Pleasant company to work with.
Management always seemed invovloed and concerned with making the work experience pleasant.
Enjoyable Experience

Minus:
Minimal advancement
Non-competitive wages
a great workplace
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJune 26, 2016
Answer phone calls and helped customer with any questions regarding there health insurance by taking ownership. Keep a good attitude while conducting information with the customer.... Always was ready to work and did the best of my abilities to satisfy all customer and did just that.
Customer Service Rep / Trainer (Current Employee) –  London, KYJune 25, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is helping consumers find the answers they need to resolve the issues they have been experiencing.
Pros
Work is easy
Cons
Dependent healthcare to expensive
my K-9 ,( best friend)/ interesting environment
K-9 officer / security guard (Former Employee) –  Groton, CTJune 24, 2016
First 7 years worked as a carpenter on nuclear submarines, building staging and platforms,for other trades to work from, installed insulation and sound dampening materials on ships hull, assisted in launching the ships for the Navy , it was physically unhealthy working inside with all the fumes and ship building chemicals , I knew the importance of the ship for the navy , and USA, Last 3 years i transferred to the security division and was able to use my K-9 training at the highest level of security clearance guarding the shipyard and reactors from intruders and/or terrorist , hardest part was cold outdoor climate for k-9, best part I loved working with my k-9 partner everyday
Pros
I owned k-9
Cons
unhealthy air
full kitchen
Affordable Care Act Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 24, 2016
Mostly managed myself and kept the AFC policies. Cancelling consumers or not enrolling the poor was the hardest part. Nice food kitchen and employee potlucks.
Productive workplace, with varying technical environments. Perfect place to learn new technologies.
INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGNER SR (Current Employee) –  Fort Gordon, GAJune 23, 2016
Surrounded by modern military technologies. Tons of opportunities to learn and travel. The varying backgrounds of the teams enable peer level learning. Having direct communications with systems, software, and mechanical engineers, truly enhanced our knowledge of systems.
Good Place to Work
Engineering Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIJune 22, 2016
The work is challenging and interesting, and the people are friendly and helpful. There are opportunities for job rotations and job changes within the company. There are some organizational problems, but I see them as opportunities for improvement. The expectations for overtime are minimal, and the 9-80 work schedule is a big benefit, having a 3 day weekend every other week. Overall, this is a good place to work.
Not a good place for a professional..
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 22, 2016
This is a good place for a new graduate or someone who has no professional aspirations. The latter will get a salary and the former will get some experience for the next job.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No professional education, no training, no career advancement or promotion
Fun workplace everyone gets along well
Material Handler Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ladson, SCJune 22, 2016
Very warm environment with few breaks in between. Management didn't talk to us much unless something was wrong. The most difficult part of the job is finding material from shipment.
Pros
pay well great benefits
Cons
Poor mangement
good pay and benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lynn Haven, FLJune 20, 2016
a typical consist of taking calls, helping customers sign up and enroll in health care. management was more supervisory and coaching driven. we worked on a secure call center floor so conversation was limited, you didn't get to know your co workers.
What 's make a good Mechanic.
Class Outside Electrician (Former Employee) –  Groton, CTJune 15, 2016
This Where IT all begins building submarines. I was apprentice electrician . Reading blueprints. And measuring to install all equipment . Wiring and troubleshooting if necessary. I had the best team members you could work and learn from . Everyone works together to accomplish our goal.
Pros
Great learning expierence!
Cons
Not enough overtime.
Fast paced work environment with helpful superiors.
ACCOUNT REP (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTJune 14, 2016
Great place to expand knowledge about health insurance. Very friendly work environment from Managers to Employees everybody wiling to help even though it as a call center people were willing to extend a helping hand. The hardest part about this particular job was the attendance policy. To elaborate on that they had what was called adherence which had to be at a 91.5 percent as far as on time. The problem I found with that is you could not fully control the time length of some particular phone calls and that would affect at times when you would take your break/lunch which would also affect your adherence because you would not go on your exact scheduled time. Although it was the hardest part I was always above on my adherence in the 93 percent and above.
Pros
Free health insurance.
Cons
Short breaks if you did not leave on exact time and wanted to keep adherence high.
Long, but fun days
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Groton, CTJune 14, 2016
Electric boat was a long commute, early mornings, which resulted in long days with little rest. As a union job, i felt as though i had an important role on a team making parts for our military.
Productive and very satisfying place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJune 14, 2016
I sincerely appreciate the opportunity to work at General Dynamics. Every day you leave knowing that you have helped someone somewhere in some type of way.
Would recommend to an enemy.
Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UtahJune 12, 2016
Supervisors are great and very approachable. Management is not that good. Training is mediocre at best. They do the bare minimum in training. When you get to the floor you will most likely not know how to do your job. The office manager thinks you are below him and treats you that way. No raises at all. You can become an acting supervisor but chances are after OEP ends you go back to your previous position. Near impossible to advance beyond Tier I/Tier II/ISG. Most of the time you end up with an acting position anyway. Extremely strict on processes instead of focused on the consumer. They don't really care about the consumer they just want a good scorecard. Pay is not worth the positions offered.
Pros
Co-Workers, Supervisors.
Cons
There is only a few holidays off, They don't give raises, Good work is not recognized nor do they care.
Overall happy with leave and benefits
Lead Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJune 11, 2016
I have worked for General Dynamics for almost 15 years and am happy with my pay benefits and vacation time (21+ days).

My experience with management has been good.

co-workers are exceptional

Hardest part of job is staying up on different technologies and the changes that are always occurring.
Good company
Sr. Purchasing Agent/Subcontract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJune 8, 2016
Busy work environment.
Learned much from govt. defense contacts
decent management vision

the hardest part was leaving the company, due to Reduction in Force, office closing.
Pros
good product
Cons
company closing
Good employer
HR Assistant (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJune 8, 2016
Good employer, good work/life balance, engaging company events helpful in booting morale. Most enjoyable part includes the employees. Employee appreciation rewards and incentives also available.