General Dynamics
1,140 reviews

General Dynamics Employer Reviews

fun place to work and grow
cco medicare (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 26, 2015
i loved personally talking/helping and being on the phones with the clients. i was always trying my best to make sure each and every person i spoke with was pleased with my services before i hung up.
good workplace
csr (Former Employee), Hattiesburg, MSMarch 26, 2015
but the cutomers were almost always angry because of the affordable care act and most of the time it was over cost of insurance
productive work place
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee), Corbin, KYMarch 26, 2015
Pros: free food if worked on weekends, personal time off, vacations, rewards each month for the highest employee
Cons: n/a
a typical day at work consisted of taking phone calls about insurance.
I have learned better communications skills ,listening skill,computer skills.
with management I fill they could have done better as far as hiring managers that new about the work place rather than someone just with a degree.
my coworkers as lovely being around they made the day go by quicker and was always there if you didn't know something
the hardest part of the job was not being able to help your consumers because the computers was always having problems and when that happen you always received negative feedback from your consumers.
the most enjoyable part of the job was when you was able to help the consumer with out any problem because it made them happy and made me feel like I did my job well.
Productive and fun work place with a lot of advancement opportunities
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Chester, VAMarch 25, 2015
A typical day at work is providing excellent customer service to consumer by helping them with any questions or concerns about the health care coverage. My co-workers are nice and provide assistance to one another when needed. The hardest part about my job is dealing with some frustrated consumers. I've learned that although it seems like they're taking frustration out directly on me, it's not at all about me so I still do my best and try to assist them.
GDIT
Service Desk Trainer (Current Employee), Chantilly, VAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Free coffee, Often free lunchs.
Cons: Management was not up to par on a lot of things. Short lunches
I've enjoyed my time with GDIT, but the contract I am on there is a huge disconnect between my supervisors and management. I don't think it's very well structured. The breaks are only 2 15 minute breaks a day and you could not take a 30 minute break straight.
Temp Job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Chester, VAMarch 24, 2015
8 hour shift min
. temp job
they tell you what your signing up before you make the decision to stay with the job.
they have supervisors and managers
work in cubeical
Fast paced working environment with non stop change.
Customer service representative (Former Employee), Lawrence KansasMarch 24, 2015
Fellow employees I had the honor to work with were amazing. The call center was very clean and nice working environment. Hard working individuals and dedicated to proper work polices.
Team Enviroment
TRANSEC Manager (Former Employee), Point Mugu, CAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: High Morale
Cons: No room for advancement
Best team building environment ever! With a team and positive environment even the most tedious work was tolerable. The hardest part was knowing there wasn't much room for advancement and that you would have to leave your co-workers if you wanted to move up.
productive fun work place
CSR (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 23, 2015
Took calls from consumers assisting them with answers to their questions. Assisted consumers with completing applications for insurance coverage over the phone. Quoted coverage after completing application and gave eligibility results and status. Enrolled consumer in plans and gave information about what the plans covers. Helped consumers with troubleshoot when having trouble getting into their accounts.
Customer Service
Customer Service (Former Employee), Sandy, UTMarch 22, 2015
The hardest part is not letting people know what you would choose about their insurance. I learned alot about insurance and what not to choose for personal use
A day at work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Panama CityMarch 21, 2015
Pros: help people that need insurance get coverage
Cons: telling people that need the insurance they do not qualify
Just assist consumers with anything they need help with the marketplace. It is nice to assist those that need insurance.
Great place to work for.
Inspector/Quality Control Specialist (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNMarch 21, 2015
But being a defense contractor, there is allot of politic you must navigate through. So job security can be a bit uncertain at time.
I really miss working for GD
Helpdesk Manager (Former Employee), Washington DCMarch 21, 2015
Pros: fun place to work very exciting able to grow
Cons: no relocation advances to other working groups
This particular position sat at the customer site. There was consistent interaction with the client. Client made you feel like family and that you had since of being and ownership. If there was a situation that did not pan out well with a certain customer the client rep would get involved and speak to anyone who was being nasty or derogatory to there team.
Organized and fast-paced work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), London, KYMarch 20, 2015
Pros: decent pay wages, benefits, paid holidays
Cons: short breaks, not much job security, not many different job positions
The overall job I had at General Dynamics was very up tempo as far as the workload, We received inbound and sometimes outbound calls about 5 seconds after the last call. Learning the material and how to navigate the computer software to perform our daily tasks was pretty challenging. That kept the job interesting in the beginning but after you learn techniques and "your own way" to assist the consumers there was not very much difficulty involved which could make the job seem boring to some. Although, as a Tier 1 Customer Service Representative, I had new trainings and updated reference material to study and apply that to my regular routine at work. I really enjoyed working at General Dynamics and I feel somewhat disappointed that the work contract, that I have been a part of, is coming to an end. Unfortunately there isn't a high enough job demand at my position for the company to extend my employment or to promote me from a part-time employee to full-time. So the only true downside to the job that I have is the job security,
Wonderful Company to Work for
Registrar/Records Management Officer (Former Employee), Fort Rucker, ALMarch 20, 2015
Pros: great management
General Dynamic takes care of employees and I would highly recommend working for this company. From Benefits to the people you encounter, General Dynamics excelled in every aspect. Management made all the difference in the work environment.
i really enjoy helping people
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Current Employee), London, KYMarch 20, 2015
Pros: everything it is a good place to work
my day at work is i log in to my computer to help consumers when they call me to put in their information so i can help them with the issue that they are having.
CSR
Claims Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Riverview, FLMarch 19, 2015
Pros: free snacks
Cons: no raises
Handled customers concerns about their issues with enrollment with Medicare. And enrolled customers into health plans, or Medicare advantage plans. The wasn't anything hard about the job.
General Dynamics is a great place to work but very strict.
Consumer service rep (Former Employee), London KentuckyMarch 18, 2015
I answered phone call, answered questions, and fill out application. I enrolled people in insurance. Or just helped them find if it was the right option for them. Management has no experience with calls so they cannot help as far as that goes. Some of them are very help, other are not. I enjoyed helping people, I just enjoyed the different conversations. But of course not all of them were good, and that is the hardest part of the job is dealing with irate callers.
Great Company
Operations & Training Specialist (Former Employee), Arlington, VAMarch 18, 2015
Pros: great pay and benefits
I really enjoyed my time with General Dynamics. I worked at a client site and was able to get all the support I needed to accomplish our goals.

When working at a client site, the Program Manager of the contract is influential in ensuring the General Dynamics staff are well treated and are provided with the right tools to accomplish the scope of the project.
GDIT Supervisor
Supervisor (Current Employee), Sandy, UTMarch 18, 2015
Pros: relaxed job, easy, long breaks, benefits
Cons: hard to get a promotion, pay
Have weekly coaching’s with team members as well as one-on-one’s to give each team member their deserved attention.
Ensure that my team members are achieving their required metrics and help them to go above and beyond.
Report to upper management with weekly metrics and goals, keep track of metrics in an organized manner.

1 2 3 4 5

About General Dynamics

Generally dynamic, General Dynamics is a prime military contractor to the Pentagon (the US government accounts for about 70% of – Read more

General Dynamics Photos