General Dynamics
1,263 reviews

General Dynamics Employee Reviews

Logistician and Engineer
Technical Writer/Author (Former Employee), MichiganJuly 2, 2015
Overall a good company. Great products, highly competitive. All around good job, just a bad market these days. Worked as a programmer and engineer.
fast paced
Mechanic (Former Employee), Fort Carson, COJuly 1, 2015
Pros: smoke breaks
Cons: you only get smoke breaks
you arrive at work already wanting to head back home. The management is constantly angry for some reason and your best is never enough. Don't mess up either or it will be heck to pay. You do get smoke breaks though.
Productive and fun
Co-workers are great
Working with other teams
Working environment
Unrealistic Expectations from Senior Management
Sr. Advanced Engineer 3 - Systems (Current Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAJune 29, 2015
Drive to secure new business at all costs leads to unrealistic bids on work.

Continually cutting employee benefits in a drive to cut costs
Great peace of mind helping people obtain affordable insurance through the Affordable Care Act.
Supervisor & Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lynn Haven, FLJune 29, 2015
Pros: Satisfying consumers with affordable health insurance.
Cons: Relaying bad news to consumers in regards to their insurance.
Although, the company I was employed by was General Dynamics, I also worked for a third party though General Dynamics called CMS (Center for Medicare/Medicaid). CMS administered the regulations and material I used on daily basis to assist my customers obtain insurance though the Affordable Care Act. At this call center, I learned how to interact with many different people from all walks of life; not only via telephone but co-workers as well. Working in such a large call center was extremely educational in many aspects, including how to provide great customer service with numerous cultures, religions, ect. Needless to say, there was never a dull moment.

After my promotion as Supervisor, I was given to opportunity to help my team help their customers. Although our job was to assist consumers, there were also difficult times we would have to relay bad news to consumers, which to me, was the hardest part of the job.

Overall, I would say my experience working for this company was a very positive one. Along with a good team, I also had great managers working behind the scenes to ensure our time was well spent.
Serious Business
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hattiesburg, MSJune 27, 2015
A typical day at work would be to get people signed up for health insurance. There were a few technical difficulties, so I would say the hardest part of the job was keeping the computers and phones up.
not a great place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Riverview, FLJune 27, 2015
negative enviorment and their is no advancement. If your looking to better yourself and find something you love this is not it.
productive
caseworker (Former Employee), Waco, TXJune 25, 2015
I was able to build up alot of customer service skills, that people are different in every way and I have to respect that. I also learned how to reach deadlines in a fast unstressful pace
Good place to start
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Riverview, FLJune 22, 2015
Pros: Free health insurance and you are guaranteed 40 hrs a week.
Cons: The raise there is dependant on the government and as an employee you may feel like a number.
General Dynamics or GDIT is a fine place to start if you are starting out in the call center customer service field. It's not a hard job to get as long as you can do it. The benefits are nice as well and over time has been plentiful recently which is good if you are a rep.
Was a good company to work for, Pay and benefits were very good and excellent environment to work in.
Final Assembly / Field Operation Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJune 21, 2015
Pros: Great pay and benifits. Exciting work. Ability for advancement.
Cons: Always the fear of layoffs
That work pace was Fest to Famine system, first of the month was slow while the end of the months were all you got. Management for the most part good, they promoted from within so most managers were very experienced. They liked to reward the people when important goals were met.
What I Learned
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Hattiesburg, MSJune 20, 2015
I have learned a lot about how the insurance is set up and functions, I learn how to apply and help people maintain their coverage. I also learn a lot about Medicare and CMS government agency.
Productive and tactful!
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Hattiesburg, MSJune 20, 2015
8 hour shifts! A place centered around customer service via telephone! Helps people choose health insurance that fits their needs!
CSR
ISG (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJune 19, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
I love helping the CSR assist consumer. I love my co-workers they all are very helpful. But there is not room for growth. I now have to find another job.
Not good company
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAJune 18, 2015
It's not as good as before any more. At certain location, they took advantage of employees. They lay off employees but they even don't pay the normal two week salary. Some of them had worked there for over 10 or 20 years.

Our solutions

Job Code: 22
# of Openings: 1

Description

COMPANY SUMMARY

TouchCommerce was founded in 1999 to deliver exceptional online customer experiences and optimize results—increasing revenue and reducing support costs. A dynamic and rapidly growing organization, TouchCommerce is looking for dedicated professionals to contribute to and share in its continued success. In addition to providing a great work environment and a generous benefits package, TouchCommerce offers the perks of an idyllic location. Based in sunny, scenic – more... Agoura Hills, California, TouchCommerce is just a few miles northwest of Los Angeles — close to the excitement of the city and away from its traffic, with easy access to Malibu’s famous beaches and Santa Barbara. If you are looking for an exciting career opportunity at a fast-paced, dynamic organization, you've come to the right place!

Touch Commerce is seeking a senior level Java developer who will be as passionate about our product as we are. If you enjoy pushing the envelope of internet technology to deliver next generation eCommerce solutions and you meet these qualifications, we want to talk to you!

ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
•Designing, implementing and deploying new features for our current conversion optimization services platform
•Supporting and enhancing existing chat platform and other supporting applications
•Translation of business requirements into technical specs
•Documenting new features, existing features
•Working with business to translate ideas into real-world solutions
•Supporting regular release cycles
•Deploying web applications
•Debugging, maintaining and monitoring all internal applications

SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS
•Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
•Minimum of 4 years professional development experience
•Must have strong Java, JSP, JavaBeans
•Must have strong RDBMS experience including excellent SQL skills
•Experience with web-based Java applications and frameworks
•Must have experience leading small teams of developers
•Can demonstrate development lead experience on 1 or more significant projects
•Experience with Spring and web-based application development
•Must have experience writing and debugging multi-threaded Java applications
•Must have experience supporting complex web applications in a production environment
•Individual must take initiative and be able to work with minimal supervision
•Excellent communication and verbal skills
•Must thrive in a fast-paced, agile/SCRUM work environment

We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), weekly yoga classes and an onsite gym facility.

Are you a returning applicant?

Previous Applicants:
Email:
Password:

If you do not remember your password click here.

Back to Search Results

Our services

Our approach

Our resources

Our company

© 2015 TouchCommerce, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Notice

Validate TRUSTe privacy certification

TRUSTe European Safe Harbor certification

ShareThis Copy and Paste

- See more at: http://chc.tbe.taleo.net/chc01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=TOUCHCOMMERCE&cws=1&rid=22#sthash.pGynpHYb.dpuf – less
Productive and forward thinking company.
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee), London, KyJune 17, 2015
Pros: Good work environment
Cons: Healthcare, Benefits
Supervise, develop, and coach CSRs to assure productivity, quality, attendance, and timeliness of work in the completion of assigned projects and departmental goals.
• Perform tasks to assure service level requirements and adherence goals (such as real-time adherence (RTA) and average handle time (AHT) are met.
Complete and deliver employee performance appraisals.
• Work closely with CSRs and other supervisors, customer service managers, and program managers within functional areas of the contact center.
• Participate in the interview process and recommend hiring contact center staff.
• Understand the CSR Monthly Balanced Scorecard Metrics and performance scales and coach for improvement of results.
• Attend calibration sessions for the purpose of keeping current on quality changes
Nice
Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee), Chester, VAJune 17, 2015
It is a nice place to work. GREAT trainers. You answer calls for a starting wage of $12.06 The co-workers were nice and open to new team members. The supervisors are wonderful. I wouldn't mind going back.
Productive and kept you on your toes for the next caller.
Customer Servicer Rep (Former Employee), Coralville, IAJune 16, 2015
Pros: Being able to leave grounds on a break. Awesome Benefits.
Cons: Short Breaks
A typical day at work was answering calls, adjusting account info, and giving out quality customer service. The work environment and culture is a big thing.
very temp outgoing call Census job
Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee), Riverview, FLJune 16, 2015
Pros: I am able to help my CSRs and beneficiaries/consumers that call in, I have job security.
Cons: The cons I have for my current company would be my schedule changing rapidly, current benefits, low morale, barley space for advancement.
In A typical day at work, I would take dozens of inbound phone calls from Medicare patients asking questions from general information to why a claim was not paid. The management was not good, they often told employees what we wanted to here in order to placate us, but seldom followed through on any promises. My co-workers at Vangent weren't the best either, the job requirements were pretty much a pulse, read and speak english. The hardest part of the job was trying to help people who just wanted someone to scream at and not hanging up on them. There really wasn't anything enjoyable about that job
productive and good
Oracle Junior DBA / Business Analyst (Former Employee), Warrenton, VAJune 16, 2015
Pros: good coworkers
Cons: N/A
a very good working environment I enjoy working with some interesting coworkers . the most enjoyable part of my job was a constant challenge
productive and fun
claims a/b (Current Employee), brandon floridaJune 16, 2015
inbound call center for medicare handling customer accounts and researching claims contacting medicare contractors, and also assisting customers will billing and coverage inquiry.

1 2 3 4 5

About General Dynamics

Generally dynamic, General Dynamics is a prime military contractor to the Pentagon (the US government accounts for about 70% of – Read more

General Dynamics Salaries

$35,138 per year
Engineer
$75,000 per year

General Dynamics Photos

Gdls-c coming from us airbase,ali al saleem
Training Assistant – GD Iraq 140 program