General Dynamics
1,109 reviews

General Dynamics Employer Reviews

Fullfilling work, but no room for advancement.
Sr Mechanic, hvac and generators (Current Employee), Jacksonville, NCMarch 4, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: health insurance is not good
Waiting for customer to call in service request. I've learned to be flexible due to ever changing policies and procedures. Enjoy my co-workers. Hardest things about the job is the lack of work at times. I enjoy my job the most when a unit representives are so happy that I have repair their equipment.
I enjoy working here even though its not in my field of study I am still helping those in need.
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Hattiesburg, MSMarch 4, 2015
Pros: Insurance is great
Cons: short breaks, low pay
Assisting consumers with Medicare or marketplace calls. I am dual trained so I don't know until I get there which area I will cover. Its constant training and I enjoy when a beneficiary tells me thank you for helping me with a concern.
Productive and great work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Waco, TXMarch 4, 2015
Pros: off on weekends
Cons: laid off
This was one of my best jobs, I just loved the environment and the skills that was acquired working at this place. I learned how to work on a number of att phones learn how to start accounts add or help people with there accounts, I even learned how to do basic trouble shooting skills . The hardest part of the job was knowing that it was going to close down the most enjoyable part was working with so many different people.
IT SEEMED LIKE YOU WERE ALWAYS SET UP TO FAIL. YOU HAD A POINT SYSTEM AND SCORECARD.
Customer Service Representative (Temporary) (Former Employee), London, KYMarch 3, 2015
Pros: team mates and team leader.
Cons: scorecard
I ALWAYS HAD LONGER CALLS THAN MOST. WHICH MAKES MY DAILY SCORES LOW. I HAD TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET THE PEOPLE OFF THE PHONE CALL IN A QUICK MANNER. I WOULD RATHER WORK AND BE ACCURATE AND KNOWLEDABLE TO THE CONSUMER. THAN TO RUSH THEM THROUGH FOR POINTS...
Informative work place
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Hattiesburg, MSMarch 2, 2015
Pros: great information on medicare
Cons: no organization or structure.
Assisting Medicare benificiaries understand medicare benefits.
Assisting Affordable Care Act consumers apply for insurance.
Productive work place
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Current Employee), Lynn Haven, FLMarch 2, 2015
• Assisted customers with their queries and problems by phone and e-mail
• Forwarded and Escalated important and serious matters to the seniors.
• Transferred urgent calls to the required departments quickly and accurately.
• Entered and updated new customer details in the customer relationship management software according to administrative guidelines
Provides good benefits and room for advancement, however it has no personal touch
CSR/Call Center (Current Employee), London, KYMarch 2, 2015
Pros: they pay for your benefits, good employee support
Cons: can be difficult to adhere to rigid schedule and get the hours you really want
My typical day at work is either super busy or incredibly slow. However for the most part you are expected to take care of yourself. They do keep track of everything you do with an electronic big brother system, but there is no one standing over your shoulder. They do provide excellent support for the staff and decent training to make sure you are never at a loss to know how to handle a situation. Little interaction between co-workers since you are set up into cubicles and on the phone most of the time. The hardest part of the job is managing difficult consumers and the downtime. When it is slow, it is really slow. Since it is a secure work environment you aren't allowed to take anything with you and your not supposed to memorize work reference material because it changes too often, so you are left with hours of nothing to do but stare at the clock.
Management is out of touch!
Site Acquisition Coordinator/EHS (Current Employee), Concord, CAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: out of touch with process
This Market was not set-up properly and never had a chance. The lack of management ability was mind blowing.

We were never able to take the time needed to get the project on track. Managers were changed 5 times while I was there.
Excellent place to be employed at
Quality Control Inspector/Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLMarch 1, 2015
Pros: 1 hour lunch
Cons: short breaks, and ping pong table
I love the atmosphere and the good quality of people who I worked with. One big family. I learned a lot while working for this company, and I also got a chance to move up and show my skills off. Pay could be better
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Chester, VAFebruary 28, 2015
The environment is somewhat ok, but you can learn a lot from this job. The training cold be better, and also how they choose supervisors.
A typical day at work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), London, KYFebruary 28, 2015
A typical day at work would usually began by going in a little early and logging on to the computer, so I could have all of my important sites up that I would need during the calls I would be taking, including my email so if there was any updates that came threw while on the phone. I would also see if I had any scheduled training that I would need to do that day. I would then begin logging on to the phone, followed by going available. Usually I would receive my first call in less then 30 seconds.I would take calls for roughly 2 hours then I would have my first 15 minute break. Unless I had scheduled training's during that time. After break I would go available to take the next phone call that was routed to me. roughly 2 hours later I would get a 30 minute lunch break. After lunch I would go available for another roughly 2 hours. Then I would have my last 15 minute break. I enjoy having scheduled training and also the email so if we have extremely important messages that need reviewed immediately.
Good internship
Mechanical Engineering Internship (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: interesting work
Cons: work hours
Valuble internship for an engineer early in their carrer. I was fun going down to the ship yard on 32nd street and doing walk throughs on the ships.
Stoic and unsupportive environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Sandy, UTFebruary 27, 2015
The training here is sub-par along with the organizational structure of the teams. I was moved to three different supervisors within the first two month. The management genuinely don't care about their teams (with a few exceptions) and the weekend work structure is all but chaotic.
Good start to get experience started
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: good work environment
Cons: temp job
I enjoyed working here the best part is all the benefits and bonuses you can receive as well as a lot of overtime thats available.
Very boring and not fun at all
CSR (Former Employee), Lynn Haven, FLFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: good insurance
Cons: not a good atmosphere.
they don't care about their employees at all. its an easy job but it just felt like I was lied to among taking the job and that is was not what it was advertise to be.
Non reconizable work skills
Self Perform Lead (Former Employee), Seattle, WAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
You could walk in and change the company from a poor company rated 76 office in the nation , to 1 in the nation. Turning around their close out packages to the best . Yet no signs towards aprectiation to the people who made it happen.
exciting and educational
Diesel/Recovery Instructor (Former Employee), Fort lee, VAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: pay and environment
learned to work with a wide variety of people, always had a comfortable work environment, was given latitude to excel at own pace and was widely recognized for jobs well done
GOOD
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Riverview, FLFebruary 25, 2015
I'm a hard worker Into computers and repairs have great customer service i attend school to become a computer engineer AND THE PLACE IS NICE
Excellent Project Manager
Principle Network Engineer, Team Lead (Current Employee), Fort Belvoir, VAFebruary 24, 2015
Excellent Project Manager
Care about Employee growth
Tools to improve professionally
Flexible work environment
Great benefits and options
Cashier
Claims Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Riverview, FLFebruary 23, 2015
I worked as a cashier. And I stocked shelves with the products. Sometimes I would unload the truck in the mornings, once a week. The hardest part of the job was the low pay.

1 2 3 4 5

About General Dynamics

Generally dynamic, General Dynamics is a prime military contractor to the Pentagon (the US government accounts for about 70% of – Read more

General Dynamics Photos